Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,838

Oh my goodness...

One day this past May, Donald Trump’s eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., reached out to a senior adviser to Gov. John Kasich of Ohio, who left the presidential race just a few weeks before. As a candidate, Kasich declared in March that Trump was “really not prepared to be president of the United States,” and the following month he took the highly unusual step of coordinating with his rival Senator Ted Cruz in an effort to deny Trump the nomination. But according to the Kasich adviser (who spoke only under the condition that he not be named), Donald Jr. wanted to make him an offer nonetheless: Did he have any interest in being the most powerful vice president in history?

When Kasich’s adviser asked how this would be the case, Donald Jr. explained that his father’s vice president would be in charge of domestic and foreign policy.

Then what, the adviser asked, would Trump be in charge of?

“Making America great again” was the casual reply.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/20/magazine/how-donald-trump-picked-his-running-mate.html?_r=0

Wasn't dick cheney the most powerful?
    For now.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    caifan82caifan82 Mexico City Posts: 321

Overpaying for 5 years, now has my wife and I planning our trip to Mexico. Haha

Careful with the rapists... although some people here are good people... ;)
    Mexico City - July 17th 2003
    Mexico City - July 18th 2003
    Mexico City - July 19th 2003
    Monterrey - December 7th 2005
    Mexico City - December 9th 2005
    Mexico City - December 10th 2005
    Mexico City - November 24th 2011
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,768
    caifan82 said:

Overpaying for 5 years, now has my wife and I planning our trip to Mexico. Haha

Careful with the rapists... although some people here are good people... ;)
    ..you assume...
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    I think if PJFAN and GF had a love child, it would be this Matt's character.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    caifan82caifan82 Mexico City Posts: 321
    mrussel1 said:

..you assume...

Ha! That's correct...

Mexico City - July 17th 2003
    Mexico City - July 18th 2003
    Mexico City - July 19th 2003
    Monterrey - December 7th 2005
    Mexico City - December 9th 2005
    Mexico City - December 10th 2005
    Mexico City - November 24th 2011
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,737

:giggle:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited July 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

Well guys?
    Still waiting on your response about Michelle Obama plagiarizing.....
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    I did reply. It was dumb.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options

What is dumb about the post?
    Is it false?
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,418

PJ_Soul said:

Well guys?
    That's the past just like when I bring up the Bush is responsible for the destabilization of middle east the right wingers here always say that's the past can't worry about that !!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,116
    edited July 2016

Is there a tax expert in the house?

Married couple making $200k a year pays basically 30% in tax. Is this correct? 200k basically puts you at 30%. Right? Or wrong?

no...marginal tax rate is likely 28% but you have to go through the 0%, 10% 15%, 25% brackets to get there.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    edited July 2016

PJ_Soul said:

Well guys?
    That's the past just like when I bring up the Bush is responsible for the destabilization of middle east the right wingers here always say that's the past can't worry about that !!
    What if that tidbit is true and got brought out publicly?
    Would people care?
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,442
    Anyone else find it ironic that Michelle Obama is someone Trump's wife "has always really liked?"

Haha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,911

Anyone else find it ironic that Michelle Obama is someone Trump's wife "has always really liked?"

Haha

:lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/07/20/secret-service-investigates-trump-advisor-who-said-clinton-should-be-executed/?tid=sm_fb

More dumbass bullshit from the Drumpf campaign
    The Secret Service is investigating one of Donald Trump's most outspoken supporters, a New Hampshire state representative who said this week that Hillary Clinton should be shot for treason.

“The U.S. Secret Service is aware of this matter and will conduct the appropriate investigation," Nicole Mainor, a spokeswoman for the Secret Service, said about the comments from Al Baldasaro. The investigation was first reported by the Daily Beast.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Is it false?
    I have a Communications degree with a focus on publishing, a professional certificate in editing and publishing, and I am the operations coordinator for a small university press, and I can tell you that that isn't plagiarism (not that I need any of those credentials to know that). I think you must know that perfectly well too and are just having fun trolling again. I suspect that the article you posted was meant facetiously actually, though you never know these days. Someone in this world might actually think it had a point, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,777
    All that hate being stoked...hope some nutcase doesn't go crazy and try to do it.
    Have a nice evening everyone.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Is it false?
    I have a Communications degree with a focus on publishing, a professional certificate in editing and publishing, and I am the operations coordinator for a small university press, and I can tell you that that isn't plagiarism (not that I need any of those credentials to know that). I think you must know that perfectly well too and are just having fun trolling again. I suspect that the article you posted was meant facetiously actually, though you never know these days. Someone in this world might actually think it had a point, lol.
    So is it false or not that she lifted paragraphs from another author without giving credit?
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

Is it false?
    So is it false or not that she lifted paragraphs from another author without giving credit?
    It is false. You're not being serious, are you?
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Is it false?
    The speechwriter offered her resignation...it was plagiarized.

• Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

brianlux said:

I'll be the ice breaker, I paid 52k in taxes last year. Not including property tax.

You paid more in taxes than I made last year and I'm happy. So why all the complaining and ranting here. Sheesh!
    Exactly!
    Be thankful to be one of the most fortunate people on the planet instead of wigging out about losing what you never needed.
    No doubt. Holy crap, $52K paid in taxes? Assuming that wasn't because you hadn't paid your taxes for many years and they're just coming after you for them now, lol (and I hope that isn't the case because that could be life-ruining), you are probably the most wealthy person here and don't need more money.
    This is ignorance and class warfare.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Is it false?
    I'm talking about Michelle Obama guys.
    cmon
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

brianlux said:

I'll be the ice breaker, I paid 52k in taxes last year. Not including property tax.

You paid more in taxes than I made last year and I'm happy. So why all the complaining and ranting here. Sheesh!
    Exactly!
    Be thankful to be one of the most fortunate people on the planet instead of wigging out about losing what you never needed.
    No doubt. Holy crap, $52K paid in taxes? Assuming that wasn't because you hadn't paid your taxes for many years and they're just coming after you for them now, lol (and I hope that isn't the case because that could be life-ruining), you are probably the most wealthy person here and don't need more money.
    This is ignorance and class warfare.
    Oh please. :lol:
  • Options
    edited July 2016

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Is it false?
    Do you know what PJFan is referring to? He didn't even post it here. He's trying to say that Obama plagiarized her 2008 speech because it happens to duplicate 4 words or something from a book. We're talking about what you posted in the "are you concerned" thread, right PJFan?? If not, then we are talking about two different things.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,127
    BS44325 said:

This article is just fascinating...

https://www.buzzfeed.com/mckaycoppins/how-the-haters-made-trump?utm_term=.yko87L8Yo#.jvwLNRLzb

Something for everybody in there.

I

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Is it false?
    Are you speaking about Melania's speech? I believe PJS was referring to Michelle's '08 speech being plagiarized from a book paragraph.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Oh, yeah Glen, if you're talking about Melania's speech, that was most definitely plagiarism, lol, and I'm surprised that the speech writer had to offer her resignation. She should have just been fired.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,768
    Trump didn't accept the resignation, which is ironic considering the phrase he is famous for.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    mrussel1 said:

Trump didn't accept the resignation, which is ironic considering the phrase he is famous for.

You mean she offered her resignation and Trump didn't accept it? As in he wants her to keep writing speeches for him?? What the fuck?
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

You mean she offered her resignation and Trump didn't accept it? As in he wants her to keep writing speeches for him?? What the fuck?
    Well now that this has happened she will be under more scrutiny than ever to make sure this doesn't happen again right?
    Now where have I heard this before.....
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

Well now that this has happened she will be under more scrutiny than ever to make sure this doesn't happen again right?
    Now where have I heard this before.....
    She will be, but this isn't the same as someone being careless with email security in the course of doing her job. A speech writer who plagiarizes a speech is a whole different ball game. That is very specifically and purposefully cheating at the ONLY thing she is paid to do.
This discussion has been closed.