Trump

Comments

• Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

As much as I can't stand Ted Cruz, his speech was fantastic, lol. I wish there was more footage of all the people on the floor of the convention while he gave it, just for entertainment's sake.
    But now that I'm over the minor glee his speech caused, I go right back to being really worried about Ted Cruz, who I have maintained would be even worse that Trump. He's an evangelical who wants to apply his religion in politics, and that scares me more than anything. I definitely feel like he is trying to set himself up for something down the road. Who knows how far he wants to take it. Is it as simple and having his eyes on the next election? Or is it a more complicated plan? Perhaps he is trying to basically form a new tea party kind of thing, but legit this time. If the GOP is doomed, as some seem to think, maybe he is twisting his mustache and plotting a kind of Republican take-over. :worried:

he should have kept his word like a man. he's a coward, nothing fantastic about it.
    So if Donald Trump changed his platform to include "deportation of non-Christians who commit misdemeanors or above", is Cruz obligated to support due to the promise? Of course not.

Is he obligated to support after Trump said Cruz's father was connected to JFK assassination or that he's going to 'spill the beans' on Heidi Cruz and that awful tweet he sent. Is he obligated there? Fuck no. Circumstances changed. Trump 'devolved' and became an even bigger piece of shit than before. I don't think that 'promise' holds.
    a pledge is a pledge...
    No it isn't. I pledge allegiance to the flag, but if we become a fascist dictatorship, that pledge is out the door. If you pledge unconditionally, then you are a spineless lemming.
    maybe where you come from. where i come from a pledge is a pledge.
    We come from the same place!
    I don't think either of you have thought this through enough, lol.
    I'm expecting "I do NOT accept the nomination...you've all been punked!"
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,762
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

As much as I can't stand Ted Cruz, his speech was fantastic, lol. I wish there was more footage of all the people on the floor of the convention while he gave it, just for entertainment's sake.
    But now that I'm over the minor glee his speech caused, I go right back to being really worried about Ted Cruz, who I have maintained would be even worse that Trump. He's an evangelical who wants to apply his religion in politics, and that scares me more than anything. I definitely feel like he is trying to set himself up for something down the road. Who knows how far he wants to take it. Is it as simple and having his eyes on the next election? Or is it a more complicated plan? Perhaps he is trying to basically form a new tea party kind of thing, but legit this time. If the GOP is doomed, as some seem to think, maybe he is twisting his mustache and plotting a kind of Republican take-over. :worried:

he should have kept his word like a man. he's a coward, nothing fantastic about it.
    So if Donald Trump changed his platform to include "deportation of non-Christians who commit misdemeanors or above", is Cruz obligated to support due to the promise? Of course not.

Is he obligated to support after Trump said Cruz's father was connected to JFK assassination or that he's going to 'spill the beans' on Heidi Cruz and that awful tweet he sent. Is he obligated there? Fuck no. Circumstances changed. Trump 'devolved' and became an even bigger piece of shit than before. I don't think that 'promise' holds.
    a pledge is a pledge...
    No it isn't. I pledge allegiance to the flag, but if we become a fascist dictatorship, that pledge is out the door. If you pledge unconditionally, then you are a spineless lemming.
    maybe where you come from. where i come from a pledge is a pledge.
    We come from the same place!
    I don't think either of you have thought this through enough, lol.
    I'm expecting "I do NOT accept the nomination...you've all been punked!"
    Now THAT would be the greatest moment in political history. Just drop the mic and walk off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X9tuwH9I5Q
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited July 2016
    One thing Trump has said is that other countries need to step up with their military spending.
    America is tired of being the worlds Band-Aid.
    I know many people on this train love the fact that America will come and bomb the shit out of you if you don't see eye to eye with them.
    So when Trump says this why does it rattle NATO?
    And why does he need this much security? He is just one man.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/22/world/europe/donald-trumps-remarks-rattle-nato-allies-and-stoke-debate-on-cost-sharing.html?_r=0
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,404

One thing Trump has said is that other countries need to step up with their military spending.
    I know many people on this train love the fact that America will come and bomb the shit out of you if you don't see eye to eye with them.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/22/world/europe/donald-trumps-remarks-rattle-nato-allies-and-stoke-debate-on-cost-sharing.html?_r=0

Who from this train has ever professed that they like to bomb the shit out of other countries i for one would like for us to get the hell out of any conflicts and become a peace loving country but by the looks of the GOP convention they want to bomb everybody that doesnt see it their way !!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

Who from this train has ever professed that they like to bomb the shit out of other countries i for one would like for us to get the hell out of any conflicts and become a peace loving country but by the looks of the GOP convention they want to bomb everybody that doesnt see it their way !!
    I am not against bombing the shit out of a few but that's just me.
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    mrussel1 said:

well, i have people assuming they know my intentions. then another calling me a spineless lemming for my beliefs. then we have you saying hitler himself would like me. all because i was raised to keep my word. the RadLibs are too much sometimes....

I didn't call you a spineless lemming. I said a person who would not break said pledge when circumstances change is a spineless lemming. Are RadCons hypersensitive or unfamiliar with the general 'royal you'?

Since we are talking Nazis now, do you look down upon Oskar Schindler for violating his oath to follow the Nazi party platform?
    you'd have to ask a conservative. i dont have a conservative bone in my body. i just find radlibs much more intolerable than conservatives.

i dont care about schindler at all....
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

well, i have people assuming they know my intentions. then another calling me a spineless lemming for my beliefs. then we have you saying hitler himself would like me. all because i was raised to keep my word. the RadLibs are too much sometimes....

I didn't call you a spineless lemming. I said a person who would not break said pledge when circumstances change is a spineless lemming. Are RadCons hypersensitive or unfamiliar with the general 'royal you'?

Since we are talking Nazis now, do you look down upon Oskar Schindler for violating his oath to follow the Nazi party platform?
    you'd have to ask a conservative. i dont have a conservative bone in my body. i just find radlibs much more intolerable than conservatives.

We're far from hypersensitive and while we might not be familiar with the royal you we certainly dig Royal Blood.
  • Options

You are not alone. You're another example of someone who gets confused that Liberals are hateful to the core if you don't have the same thoughts as them yet they preach about open hearts, compassion and tolerance.
    THE Don couldnt have said it any better himself!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,729
    edited July 2016

Okay, I see you've dramatically shifted gears again, lol.
    I think it's laughable that Trump or anyone else would whine about American miliary spending over seas as though people around the world are just begging them to bomb shit in other countries, lol. If the government doesn't want to spend money on bombing shit in other countries, then fucking don't. Simple as that. There is no need to suggest that other countries "step up" to take its place, as though it's such a valiant thing to do. For most politicians I would maybe think such a comment is a bad attempt at masking the real reasons behind such military action, which the government is 100% on board with (money/oil/control), but in Trump's case, I'm going to just blame total ignorance.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    i think its time to admit we all, myself included, underestimated the man.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,404
    BS44325 said:

I figured as much i'm not like you id rather be with an animal then with folks like you go ahead join the army go and fight who ever you wanna see dead , bring your kids too !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I think it's laughable that Trump or anyone else would whine about American miliary spending over seas as though people around the world are just begging them to bomb shit in other countries, lol. If the government doesn't want to spend money on bombing shit in other countries, then fucking don't. Simple as that. There is no need to suggest that other countries "step up" to take its place, as though it's such a valiant thing to do. For most politicians I would maybe think such a comment is a bad attempt at masking the real reasons behind such military action, which the government is 100% on board with (money/oil/control), but in Trump's case, I'm going to just blame total ignorance.
    Yeah! PJSoul and I like that you guys shoulder the burden for us. Trump should just pipe down and let us continue living under your security umbrella. We don't have the money or the desire to participate in world security so stop spouting nonsense about us stepping up and just keep your pledge to protect us if we ever decide to invoke article 5.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

I sure did! I predicted last year that he'd bail after the 1st debate. I got that a little bit wrong.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options

You are not alone. You're another example of someone who gets confused that Liberals are hateful to the core if you don't have the same thoughts as them yet they preach about open hearts, compassion and tolerance.
    THE Don couldnt have said it any better himself!
    :lol: I finally agree with you about something! That is absolutely something Trump might say!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

BS44325 said:

I figured as much i'm not like you id rather be with an animal then with folks like you go ahead join the army go and fight who ever you wanna see dead , bring your kids too !
    Earth to Brint.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Yeah! PJSoul and I like that you guys shoulder the burden for us. Trump should just pipe down and let us continue living under your security umbrella. We don't have the money or the desire to participate in world security so stop spouting nonsense about us stepping up and just keep your pledge to protect us if we ever decide to invoke article 5.
    You are completely missing my point. What I said has nothing to do with how other countries might benefit from their own interests (don't pretend they do it for our sake). My point is that if the US doesn't want to do it, then they shouldn't do it. There is no reason to act like they are somehow being forced into it by everyone else who doesn't feel like it.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

We're far from hypersensitive and while we might not be familiar with the royal you we certainly dig Royal Blood.
    Saw them open for the Foos. I dig them.
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

I sure did! I predicted last year that he'd bail after the 1st debate. I got that a little bit wrong.
    me too. its time to stop making fun of his tan and his hair, and start looking at the Man Behind the Movement.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

Saw them open for the Foos. I dig them.
    Yeah, they put on a really, really good show. Way better live than in the studio.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

Well there's probably no one here that would call me a radical liberal. I threw down with the Bernie people for months. But your argument that pledges sustain regardless of circumstance is inane.

If I made a pledge to love my wife in good times or bad, which I did, but came home early from a conference at the Marriott and she was engaged in a gang bang, then I get to break my pledge. Or if she abused my kids. Or lots of other unforgivable things.

Lying about and disparaging my family is an example of the unforgivable in politics.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Well there's probably no one here that would call me a radical liberal. I threw down with the Bernie people for months. But your argument that pledges sustain regardless of circumstance is inane.

If I made a pledge to love my wife in good times or bad, which I did, but came home early from a conference at the Marriott and she was engaged in a gang bang, then I get to break my pledge. Or if she abused my kids. Or lots of other unforgivable things.

Lying about and disparaging my family is an example of the unforgivable in politics.
    Can we circle back to the gang bang for a moment...
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

fair enough. i actually tend to agree with your point of view pretty often. you are not a radlib, my apologies for lumping you in...

i'd be pissed if my babe was getting gang banged too. fuck that pledge.

i still think Lyin' Ted sold out.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,638
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Can we circle back to the gang bang for a moment...
    https://youtu.be/D8avWJIwyxY
  • Options
    ^^Bingo..
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I'm just wondering who in the hell the "radlibs" are here?? I suspect a couple of you might think I am, but I most certainly am not. I am pretty left in most (not all) of my views for sure, but I'm not radical in my views at all. I voted Liberal in the last Canadian election for crying out loud. What does it take to be a "radlib" and who is one in the AMT? To me that would be people who participate in eco-terrorism and stuff like that.

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    Now before all the people on this train who can't open their minds at least give an opinion as to why you would disagree with this sentiment.
    http://news.nationalpost.com/news/world/protests-and-police-outside-gop-convention-feels-like-separate-world-from-trumpfest-inside?google_editors_picks=true
    Still, some polls suggest Donald Trump is the least popular major party candidate in history. His negatives, a measure of those who approve and disapprove of him personally, are unprecedented. His campaign then, has one ugly chance. If he can make people hate Hillary Clinton more than they fear him, he might just win.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,638
    Speech leaked. Frum says it's good. He hates trump.

Palin also gave a good convention speech though...
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I'm just wondering who in the hell the "radlibs" are here?? I suspect a couple of you might think I am, but I most certainly am not. I am far left in most of my view for sure, but I'm not radical in my views at all. I voted Liberal in the last Canadian election for crying out loud. What does it take to be a "radlib" and who is one in the AMT? To me that would people who participate in eco-terrorism and stuff like that.

there's no reason to point fingers, lets get back to The Man Behind the Movement, or the gangbang...
  • Options

Speech leaked. Frum says it's good. He hates trump.

Palin also gave a good convention speech though...

But Palin's speech was her high point. Nobody new her before so she could only go downhill. Everybody knows Trump and the expectations are low.
This discussion has been closed.