Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,750
    edited July 2016
    Kat said:

I saw an interview with the journalist and he said that he'd been emailing the son who said the VP would be running the show but his emails were ignored. So the son saying no one contacted him is just another lie.

The entire Trump campaign is one big lie. I am not convinced they know any other way to run this thing.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,729
    Some of my lunch came up when I pictured Pence handling anything.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,729
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

Political malpractice and a shitshow... that's what the Cruz thing was. How does Trump provide a prime time speaking spot when he was told by Cruz, that he would not be endorsing Trump. What kind of idiot does such a thing? This guy is a political neophyte and will get eaten up on the world stage. He has so many unforced errors, I'm embarrassed for him.

I don't necessarily disagree with you but I think the jury is still out on this. Since Trump came down that escalator we have all continued to get this wrong. This week has been messy as all hell but never in our lifetime has a convention generated more excitement. We all see it through our own lens but the craziness has been gradually building to an epic crescendo which is tonight's Trump speech. None of us know which Trump will see tonight or how it will all play out but mark my words it will be one of the most widely watched speeches in political history. There in lies Trump's genius but what he does with the moment is anybody's guess.
    I must disagree with this statement. Ratings are down from 2012 RNC according to CNN: http://money.cnn.com/2016/07/20/media/republican-national-convention-ratings/

Now tonight is the big one. 4 years ago, RNC drew 30MM on Thursday, and the DNC drew 35MM. We shall see how he does...
    You could be right if ratings = excitement. Ratings is definitely one measurement and not an unimportant one but youtube/social media etc penetrates far more homes then it did previously. Either way tonight is the big one.
    What is your empirical measurement of excitement?
    Him and his right-wing friends?
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,801

PJ_Soul said:

As much as I can't stand Ted Cruz, his speech was fantastic, lol. I wish there was more footage of all the people on the floor of the convention while he gave it, just for entertainment's sake.
    But now that I'm over the minor glee his speech caused, I go right back to being really worried about Ted Cruz, who I have maintained would be even worse that Trump. He's an evangelical who wants to apply his religion in politics, and that scares me more than anything. I definitely feel like he is trying to set himself up for something down the road. Who knows how far he wants to take it. Is it as simple and having his eyes on the next election? Or is it a more complicated plan? Perhaps he is trying to basically form a new tea party kind of thing, but legit this time. If the GOP is doomed, as some seem to think, maybe he is twisting his mustache and plotting a kind of Republican take-over. :worried:

he should have kept his word like a man. he's a coward, nothing fantastic about it.
    So if Donald Trump changed his platform to include "deportation of non-Christians who commit misdemeanors or above", is Cruz obligated to support due to the promise? Of course not.

Is he obligated to support after Trump said Cruz's father was connected to JFK assassination or that he's going to 'spill the beans' on Heidi Cruz and that awful tweet he sent. Is he obligated there? Fuck no. Circumstances changed. Trump 'devolved' and became an even bigger piece of shit than before. I don't think that 'promise' holds.
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

As much as I can't stand Ted Cruz, his speech was fantastic, lol. I wish there was more footage of all the people on the floor of the convention while he gave it, just for entertainment's sake.
    But now that I'm over the minor glee his speech caused, I go right back to being really worried about Ted Cruz, who I have maintained would be even worse that Trump. He's an evangelical who wants to apply his religion in politics, and that scares me more than anything. I definitely feel like he is trying to set himself up for something down the road. Who knows how far he wants to take it. Is it as simple and having his eyes on the next election? Or is it a more complicated plan? Perhaps he is trying to basically form a new tea party kind of thing, but legit this time. If the GOP is doomed, as some seem to think, maybe he is twisting his mustache and plotting a kind of Republican take-over. :worried:

he should have kept his word like a man. he's a coward, nothing fantastic about it.
    So if Donald Trump changed his platform to include "deportation of non-Christians who commit misdemeanors or above", is Cruz obligated to support due to the promise? Of course not.

Is he obligated to support after Trump said Cruz's father was connected to JFK assassination or that he's going to 'spill the beans' on Heidi Cruz and that awful tweet he sent. Is he obligated there? Fuck no. Circumstances changed. Trump 'devolved' and became an even bigger piece of shit than before. I don't think that 'promise' holds.
    a pledge is a pledge...
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

a pledge is a pledge...
    No it isn't. I pledge allegiance to the flag, but if we become a fascist dictatorship, that pledge is out the door. If you pledge unconditionally, then you are a spineless lemming.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

a pledge is a pledge...
    No it isn't. I pledge allegiance to the flag, but if we become a fascist dictatorship, that pledge is out the door. If you pledge unconditionally, then you are a spineless lemming.
    He's just trying to string you along dude.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

a pledge is a pledge...
    Trolls are spineless lemmings too.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

a pledge is a pledge...
    i'm glad you can speak for me, eh....
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

a pledge is a pledge...
    maybe where you come from. where i come from a pledge is a pledge.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,458
    mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

He made a gamble here. He had three options... lie low like Kasich and others. Endorse the candidate and be seen as a puppy dog like Christie and Carson OR put all the chips in and bank on Trump losing. I think overall, he made a good bet because he can rise from the ashes of the party. But we shall see. I think it was generally self serving, but that doesn't make it wrong.
    Yeah, I agree he made a good bet (if good bet means it's good for Cruz... I'm going to call the a bad bet, lol. All about perspective). I wouldn't say the odds were against him though. It was a reasonably safe bet that this would work for him long term. I am so worried about this precisely because it was very clever on his part. Very manipulative.
    Definitely the odds are in his favor.
    I think it's almost like a win win for him. He's banking on one of two things to happen so he can be the one to say "I told you so and I didn't lose sight of my values:"

A- Trump loses
    B- Trump wins but his tenure is an unmitigated disaster

Both of these are very likely so he sets himself up nicely in 2020 either way.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

a pledge is a pledge...
    Hitler would have been a big fan of yours
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

a pledge is a pledge...
    is this thread about me, or The Donald?
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

a pledge is a pledge...
    is this thread about me, or The Donald?
    You made it about you
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

a pledge is a pledge...
    Another "hitler" toss wide of the mark.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

a pledge is a pledge...
    I have no issue with Cruz breaking his pledge. That is his perogative. I do think long term it hurts his personal presidential chances though. A supreme court nomination on the other hand...
  • Options
    well, i have people assuming they know my intentions. then another calling me a spineless lemming for my beliefs. then we have you saying hitler himself would like me. all because i was raised to keep my word. the RadLibs are too much sometimes....
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

a pledge is a pledge...
    We come from the same place!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

a pledge is a pledge...
    then you must know how to keep your word!
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited July 2016

well, i have people assuming they know my intentions. then another calling me a spineless lemming for my beliefs. then we have you saying hitler himself would like me. all because i was raised to keep my word. the RadLibs are too much sometimes....

You are not alone. You're another example of someone who gets confused that Liberals are hateful to the core if you don't have the same thoughts as them yet they preach about open hearts, compassion and tolerance.
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,127
    Such an odd couple....Trump & Pence ....when it comes to adultery.

http://www.democracynow.org/2016/7/21/reporter_who_unearthed_pence_radio_tapes

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    edited July 2016

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

a pledge is a pledge...
    then you must know how to keep your word!
    Seems like Trump does not want to keep our country's word regarding NATO, eh? Little more important than a stupid pledge from last summer.

And that was a Seinfeld quote. Can't find the video, damn it
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Let's set expectations. Trump gets good reviews tonight and a bump in the polls. Bound to happen. Expectations are too low.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

I didn't call you a spineless lemming. I said a person who would not break said pledge when circumstances change is a spineless lemming. Are RadCons hypersensitive or unfamiliar with the general 'royal you'?

Since we are talking Nazis now, do you look down upon Oskar Schindler for violating his oath to follow the Nazi party platform?
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

a pledge is a pledge...
    I don't think either of you have thought this through enough, lol.
  • Options

Let's set expectations. Trump gets good reviews tonight and a bump in the polls. Bound to happen. Expectations are too low.

I'm expecting another low energy teleprompter speech.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

You're probably right. That's disappointing. I really want him to do something batshit crazy. :lol:
  • Options

I'm expecting another low energy teleprompter speech.
    Well yes, and that has to help him after the insanity this week
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

You're probably right. That's disappointing. I really want him to do something batshit crazy. :lol:
    Likewise.
  • Options

Don't
    mrussel1 said:

I didn't call you a spineless lemming. I said a person who would not break said pledge when circumstances change is a spineless lemming. Are RadCons hypersensitive or unfamiliar with the general 'royal you'?

Since we are talking Nazis now, do you look down upon Oskar Schindler for violating his oath to follow the Nazi party platform?
    Haha. Fucking Schindler broke his pledge!
This discussion has been closed.