Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,683
    :lol: She didn't emulate. She plagiarized. There is a significant difference. And yes, it IS another reason why Trump shouldn't win. No one wants an insincere lying phony as the First Lady. It's another reason not to vote for Trump.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,025

PJ_Soul said:

^^^
    This still does not/will not make Trump a bad POTUS.

That's not the point. It makes her a bad candidate as First Lady.
    (there are already more than enough things proving that Trump will make a bad POTUS)
    It is the point.
    It may make her a bad candidate to some but it is being portrayed all over the media as yet another reason why Trump will never win and oh my god this is terrible and oh my god it's the end of the world she gave a bad speech.
    She emulated a few words big deal.
    Not just a few words...plagiarism.

I don't blame Melania. Not her fault at all. It's just another example of how fucked up and disorganized Drumpf's campaign is.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    PJ_Soul said:

:lol: She didn't emulate. She plagiarized. There is a significant difference. And yes, it IS another reason why Trump shouldn't win. No one wants an insincere lying phony as the First Lady. It's another reason not to vote for Trump.

or POTUS as well!
  • Options
    edited July 2016

PJ_Soul said:

^^^

(there are already more than enough things proving that Trump will make a bad POTUS)
    It is the point.
    It may make her a bad candidate to some but it is being portrayed all over the media as yet another reason why Trump will never win and oh my god this is terrible and oh my god it's the end of the world she gave a bad speech.

I don't blame Melania. Not her fault at all. It's just another example of how fucked up and disorganized Drumpf's campaign is.
    It's her fault that she said she wrote most of the speech herself though, which was clearly a lie that backfired on her. It's also her fault that she doesn't mean a fucking word of that speech, nor any of the sentiments within it. She has never given us a single reason to think she gives a shit about any of what was said in that speech. I think she is WAY out of her depth.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    Y'all do realize Obama flat out stole word-for-word quotes from other candidates as well right?
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    Shawshank said:

Y'all do realize Obama flat out stole word-for-word quotes from other candidates as well right?

Yes. It was stupid then and it's stupid now.
  • Options
    ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    BS44325 said:

100% agree. Just didn't want anyone under the misconception that this is the first time a speech writer has borrowed from another speech writer. Which is really all this bullshit is. No one really gives their own speeches anymore, which is mind boggling to me.

• Options
    I'm surprised Trumps' people haven't dug this up yet.
    Please turn your attention to these two links
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-07-19/did-michelle-obama-also-borrow-her-2008-speech

“...is based upon the application of certain basic truths: that integrity is all important, that your word is your bond, that if you owe a person money you pay him back, that you work hard, enjoy what you do and show a loyalty to those with whom you work and do business. He instilled in me simple, clear cut values and a will to succeed"

and
    Michelle Obamas paragraph plagiarized a paragraph from pg91 of this book.

• Options
    Shawshank said:

BS44325 said:

100% agree. Just didn't want anyone under the misconception that this is the first time a speech writer has borrowed from another speech writer. Which is really all this bullshit is. No one really gives their own speeches anymore, which is mind boggling to me.

Yes. The Clinton's were all over Obama for the same in 2008 but the Obama fans all looked past it.

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/news-desk/2008/02/19/clinton-aides-push-plagiarism-charge?src=usn_tw

It was stupid then and it's stupid now.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    PJ_Soul said:

I never minded being Rick-rolled because I happen to like that song a fair bit, lol. It's catchy as hell. I always happily just sat there and listened until it was over. :tongue:

I like it but for childhood nostalgia reasons like most cheesy 80s songs.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

^^^

It is the point.

It's her fault that she said she wrote most of the speech herself though, which was clearly a lie that backfired on her. It's also her fault that she doesn't mean a fucking word of that speech, nor any of the sentiments within it. She has never given us a single reason to think she gives a shit about any of what was said in that speech. I think she is WAY out of her depth.
    Possibly true and I assume Elizabeth Warren is now eliminated from VP contention for the same reason.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Shawshank said:

BS44325 said:

Any speech writer who copies another speech is a fucking moron and should be fired. For me, it's not about a speech writer being an idiot. It's about Mrs. Trump lying and saying she wrote the speech. That makes everything so much worse. Or I guess the other possibility is that she wasn't lying, did write the speech herself, and personally copied parts of Obama's speech. That would be worse yet. Either way, she has managed to present herself as an insincere fool.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

^^^

It is the point.

Possibly true and I assume Elizabeth Warren is now eliminated from VP contention for the same reason.
    I don't know what you're referring to. What did Warren do?
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,592
    PJ_Soul said:

Shawshank said:

BS44325 said:

Any speech writer who copies another speech is a fucking moron and should be fired. For me, it's not about a speech writer being an idiot. It's about Mrs. Trump lying and saying she wrote the speech. That makes everything so much worse. Or I guess the other possibility is that she wasn't lying, did write the speech herself, and personally copied parts of Obama's speech. That would be worse yet. Either way, she has managed to present herself as an insincere fool.
    Unfortunately it just makes her a politician.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

^^^

It is the point.

I don't know what you're referring to. What did Warren do?
    The cookbook plagiarism.

http://thefederalist.com/2016/07/19/flashback-elizabeth-warren-plagiarized-cherokee-cookbook-to-prove-ethnicity/
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

Shawshank said:

BS44325 said:

I wouldn't even go that far. I think that's giving her too much credit, lol. I don't think she's even capable of that much. At least, I haven't seen anything yet that suggests so. Of course, Trump isn't a politician either...
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,365
    Kind of a low energy convention so far...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,840

PJ_Soul said:

Shawshank said:

BS44325 said:

She is in no way, any shape or form, a politician.

• Options
    mattsl1983mattsl1983 Posts: 711
    The stupid thing, is you all are so caught up on this "plagiarism", which Obama has been accused of, Biden has been acused of that you aren't even paying attention to the actual politics. You are feeding into the medias hands, and going along with all the while each and everyone of you think you are so much smarter than the GOP. Guess what, the democrats just got your vote without your realizing it. It's so stupid how this many people really think they are so much smarter and wiser and just full of hate to just jump on bandwagons and have no idea why. I'm conservative. I accept the fact that there will never be another conservative elected as president. I'm just astonished by the hate and blatant ignorance that goes on. There is a reason why there are educated people that are republican and democratic. You aren't outsmarting anyone. It's a matter of do you think the direction of this country right now is good or bad. I say it's bad. I have my reasons. Feel free to ask me why and be able to have an actual debate about it. Jeez, y'all sound like a millionaire with no worries drunk off wine clinging to some idea that doesn't work, haven't worked, but are completely unaffected because you are independently wealthy,l and won't let it go. Nope, not talking about you Ed ;).
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Calm down skippy Nobody is caught up on the plagiarism. It happened, they got caught. It will not determine the outcome of the election. It's just another example of trumps inexperience and shows how inept he would be as preisident.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,577

The stupid thing, is you all are so caught up on this "plagiarism", which Obama has been accused of, Biden has been acused of that you aren't even paying attention to the actual politics. You are feeding into the medias hands, and going along with all the while each and everyone of you think you are so much smarter than the GOP. Guess what, the democrats just got your vote without your realizing it. It's so stupid how this many people really think they are so much smarter and wiser and just full of hate to just jump on bandwagons and have no idea why. I'm conservative. I accept the fact that there will never be another conservative elected as president. I'm just astonished by the hate and blatant ignorance that goes on. There is a reason why there are educated people that are republican and democratic. You aren't outsmarting anyone. It's a matter of do you think the direction of this country right now is good or bad. I say it's bad. I have my reasons. Feel free to ask me why and be able to have an actual debate about it. Jeez, y'all sound like a millionaire with no worries drunk off wine clinging to some idea that doesn't work, haven't worked, but are completely unaffected because you are independently wealthy,l and won't let it go. Nope, not talking about you Ed ;).

You must be watching a different convention there has been no politics. Just.....

Crooked Hillary
    Lying Hillary
    Bill
    Damn muslims
    Repeat
  • Options

You must be watching a different convention there has been no politics. Just.....

Crooked Hillary
    Lying Hillary
    Bill
    Damn muslims
    Repeat
    That is really sad if you actually are following and listening to what they are talking about. Yup, damn it, another one so much smarter than me!!!!
  • Options
    Why are you even on the trump post? Shouldn't you just get on the Hillary post then just rub each other talking about how "right" y'all are??? Like seriously??? Why even bother here??
  • Options

Calm down skippy Nobody is caught up on the plagiarism. It happened, they got caught. It will not determine the outcome of the election. It's just another example of trumps inexperience and shows how inept he would be as preisident.

As opposed to voting for someone who had been under federal investigation? I'd rather go with suspected speach plagiarism, at least that doesn't land a federal investigation, skippy
  • Options
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/19/politics/politicians-plagiarism/index.html

Oops, looks like the current president and Vice President are on this list. Again, stop acting like you and your opostitive state are that much smarter
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

Crooked Hillary
    Lying Hillary
    Bill
    Damn muslims
    Repeat
    That is really sad if you actually are following and listening to what they are talking about. Yup, damn it, another one so much smarter than me!!!!
    Enlighten us, point us to the serious policy talk that we missed.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    No, enlighten me on why we should bash everything the GOP does. Exactly. You don't know why. You are about to google some things, but your immediate reaction has no value. Go to the Hillary page, where you none thinkers belong!
  • Options
    Why even spend your time to argue here? Like seriously, is it that maybe the ideologies that you've bought into haven't been working, and instead of admitting that maybe it's time for a different aproach, you staunchly hold on and justify your existence by confronting people that disagree with you? Like seriously??? Why are you even on this page??? Get over yourself!
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

No, enlighten me on why we should bash everything the GOP does. Exactly. You don't know why. You are about to google some things, but your immediate reaction has no value. Go to the Hillary page, where you none thinkers belong!

I don't need Google to show me how inept this campaign is, and how scary the scapegoating of minorities and immigrants is becoming.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124

This discussion has been closed.