Options

THE RIDE FESTIVAL?!?!

Comments

• Options
    UtahBoltUtahBolt Posts: 188

they told me the lodging in town sold, or is selling much faster than other years. I can see the majority of pearl jams fans wanting hotels rather than camping. that would explain town park camping still being available.

I know when I booked about a month ago (before tix when on sale) there was not much left. I ended up booking a small little condo at the Viking Lodge through Telluride-Lodging because it was the best overall value I could find. Not crazy expensive like some of the places I have seen but still it was not cheap. I would imagine the lodging is even more scarce and expensive now if there is anything left at all.
  • Options
    JogillJogill Posts: 4,549
    Hey guys, a new festival has been announced but it's only Eddie not all PJ and its on August 27 and 28th in california
    late PJ bloomer- what was I doing in the 90's that I didn't know who Pearl Jam was???
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Anticipation bump. So looking forward to hanging out in the mountains and seeing best band in the WORLD.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    UtahBoltUtahBolt Posts: 188
    Keep reading that the Ride Festival is gonna add more bands but nothing yet. I am sure they thought they were going to sell out right away but with the increased capacity and higher ticket prices, it seems they did not sell as well as they had hoped. This probably left them scrambling to add someone else to help sell those remaining tickets? Don't get me wrong, I love the lineup as is but it would be nice to see another "name" band added. Either way, my family and I will be there having a blast!
  • Options
    zachjgzachjg Posts: 105
    edited April 2016
    I have been stalking sites for rooms, cheapest I can find is:

$300/night, sleeps 2.

$400/night, allows pets and sleeps 4.

Both located in mountain village and we could take the Gondola down

Anyone interested in splitting either?
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    UtahBolt said:

Keep reading that the Ride Festival is gonna add more bands but nothing yet. I am sure they thought they were going to sell out right away but with the increased capacity and higher ticket prices, it seems they did not sell as well as they had hoped. This probably left them scrambling to add someone else to help sell those remaining tickets? Don't get me wrong, I love the lineup as is but it would be nice to see another "name" band added. Either way, my family and I will be there having a blast!

There could be something to that, but they were actively trying to add more bands before the tickets went on sale too. They are supposed to announce more anytime now according to the person running their Facebook page.
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    I'm surprised it's not sold out just based on PJ. Hope they don't expand capacity too much if that's the reason it hasn't sold out. Going to be amazing regardless.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,548
    Noload said:

I'm surprised it's not sold out just based on PJ. Hope they don't expand capacity too much if that's the reason it hasn't sold out. Going to be amazing regardless.

I'm not surprised(not being a wise ass here), because the ticket price is WAY too high, even for PJ. And its in the middle of nowhere. Plus, when you add that ther playing a lot of East coast/North East shows, which i think keeps a lot of people from ther to travel for one show that cost too much money. Now, maybe, if the Tour was limited to fewer dates more people would be willing to travel?

I know i'm seeing a lot of shows on this tour that's probably costing me less combined then if i went to Ride.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    cutz said:

Noload said:

I'm not surprised(not being a wise ass here), because the ticket price is WAY too high, even for PJ. And its in the middle of nowhere. Plus, when you add that ther playing a lot of East coast/North East shows, which i think keeps a lot of people from ther to travel for one show that cost too much money. Now, maybe, if the Tour was limited to fewer dates more people would be willing to travel?

I know i'm seeing a lot of shows on this tour that's probably costing me less combined then if i went to Ride.
    I think there are likely a lot of west coasters that are hoping for another leg to be announced as well. If that doesn't happen, I'd expect sales to pick up. It is a pain in the ass to get there. All the major airports are hundreds of miles away.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,548

cutz said:

Noload said:

I think there are likely a lot of west coasters that are hoping for another leg to be announced as well. If that doesn't happen, I'd expect sales to pick up. It is a pain in the ass to get there. All the major airports are hundreds of miles away.
    Very good points.

Yeah, it is a pain inn the ass to go ther, and i don't think i would go if Ride was the ONLY show they were playing this year.
  • Options
    ToHellURideToHellURide Posts: 145
    Not sure if it's been previously mentioned but Telluride Town Park is building a new stage in advance of festivals this coming summer
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435

Not sure if it's been previously mentioned but Telluride Town Park is building a new stage in advance of festivals this coming summer

Sweet! Are those things on the side supposed to look like ski lift towers? I take it they are.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    cutz said:

Noload said:

Absolutely. I'm in NM and can't tell you how many serious fans I know who were dying to go when it was announced then found out it was $300 and the logistics of lodging (and it's a "short" 6 hour drive for us from Central NM). If I wasn't getting the free ticket for volunteering I don't think I'd be going (but I also already had Wrigley tix when it was announced).

If you're flying in from out of state, it's really really difficult to plan this one (either needing camping equipment or super pricey hotels down the road) and probably costs 4x as much as going to any other show on this year's tour when you put it all together.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

• Options
    On a lighter note, only 81 days until the show!
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Here's hoping Colorado doesn't offend PJ! We don't want what happened in Raleigh. To happen to this!
    Post edited by Jogill on
    late PJ bloomer- what was I doing in the 90's that I didn't know who Pearl Jam was???
  • Options
    Any idea on when additional bands are being announced?
  • Options

Any idea on when additional bands are being announced?

It seems like they post the lineup/schedule about the second week in May so you would think everything would be finalized by then. Not sure if ticket sales this year will affect that though.
  • Options
    zachjgzachjg Posts: 105
    edited April 2016
    I was on the phone with someone from The Ride yesterday and they said they aren't sure if there will be additional bands. She talked more about the schedule being released soon, as well as the night shows.
  • Options

On a lighter note, only 81 days until the show!

Gonna be a blast!!!
  • Options
    Ready for The Ride.....from Seattle to CO
    Honolulu Dec 2, 2006
    Seattle Sept 21 & 22 2009
    Portland Sept 26, 2009
    Madison Square Garden May 20 & 21, 2010
    Bridge School Oct 23 & 24, 2010
    Alpine Valley - PJ20 Sept 3 & 4, 2011
    DeLuna Sept 21, 2012
    Atlanta Sept 22, 2012
    Missoula Sept 30, 2012
    Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
    Portland Nov 29, 2013
    Spokane Nov 30, 2013
    Vancouver Dec 4, 2013
    Seattle Dec 6, 2013
    Tulsa Oct 8, 2014
    Lincoln Oct 9, 2014
    Telluride July 9, 2016
    Boston Aug 5 & 7, 2016
    Chicago 20 & 21, 2016
    New York Apr 7, 2017
    Seattle 8 & 10, 2018
    Missoula Aug 13, 2018
  • Options
    Bump from the 19th page......70 days!!
  • Options
    kc007kc007 USA Posts: 282
    so excited for this one... Telluride is on my bucket list of places to visit. I hear its absolutely beautiful to hike in this area, can't wait to enjoy the scenery and then the concert.
  • Options
    -Buru--Buru- Santa Barbara, CA Posts: 1,292
    edited May 2016
    I'm tempted to go. Just might drive from Santa Barbara, CA. But it's going to be tiring! Maybe break it down, do some sightseeing.
    Post edited by -Buru- on
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• Options
    -Buru- said:

I'm tempted to go. Just might drive from Santa Barbara, CA. But it's going to be tiring! Maybe break it down, do some sightseeing.

I think there will be lots of us sightseeing because it's so far away! I'm doing the drive from Whitefish, Montana and then doing Arches, Canyonlands, Bryce, Zion NPs, perhaps over to Grand Canyon or Monument Valey before driving back,
  • Options
    Bump up The Ride!!!
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    cant wait for this. 8 weeks from right now i'll be gettin' all blazed up somewhere out there....
  • Options
    I'm working the beer booth on Saturday :) Schedule changed from merch booth... Probably be wearing a PJ shirt and/or hat!

• Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,869

I'm working the beer booth on Saturday :) Schedule changed from merch booth... Probably be wearing a PJ shirt and/or hat!

Did they e-mail to notify you or did you just check and it was changed?
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Colorado Posts: 1,375

cant wait for this. 8 weeks from right now i'll be gettin' all blazed up somewhere out there....

Yes, I remember Denver at the CURTIS...Didn't you have to go back to the store a second time? :lol:
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    Play Let it Ride..at The Ride..it won't be that long now. This year is flying by.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin