Options

THE RIDE FESTIVAL?!?!

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,608
    Must get in shape by July 9th.
  • Options

Got my GA ticket and an Airbnb in Ridgway (an hour away)! I live in Denver and will be driving over on Friday.

I'm rolling solo to this show and would love to meet up with other folks. Doesn't sound like there will be time/opportunity/venue for a Wishlist pre-party, understandably.

I play roller derby as "Betty Vedder" (#10) and will have my jersey on, so please say "hi" if you see me!

Hey, I may be flying into Denver ( not sure yet which side of the state I want to fly into) and I may contact ya closer to the date to see if you want to share a ride. I may know of one other person who is also possibly flying into Denver. It also depends on when we get into Denver (I want to be in T'ride by Friday evening) and whether we want to spend more time out in T'ride afterward.
    ...And he who forgets will be destined to remember.

...I swear I never took it for granted. Just thought of it now.
  • Options

I hear ya!!! I told myself I would start working out daily on March 1st in preparation for this. Well - it's March 7th and I haven't started yet. LOL I'll be getting over a back injury also and PT and dealing with asthma so wish me luck guys! There's no better incentive than hiking in Colorado & seeing PJ at the same time!

Does anyone know the change in elevation and the distance between Telluride and top of Bridal Veil Falls?

Also does anyone know if they sell those little oxygen canisters in Telluride?

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,587

I hear ya!!! I told myself I would start working out daily on March 1st in preparation for this. Well - it's March 7th and I haven't started yet. LOL I'll be getting over a back injury also and PT and dealing with asthma so wish me luck guys! There's no better incentive than hiking in Colorado & seeing PJ at the same time!

Does anyone know the change in elevation and the distance between Telluride and top of Bridal Veil Falls?

Also does anyone know if they sell those little oxygen canisters in Telluride?

10,279 ft above sea level
    Roughly 1,500 ft elevation gain from town park.
  • Options
    weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179
  • Options
    manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    Driving to Denver and staying the night will not get you acclimated to the altitude. Chances are you won't be by the time you leave. You will suck wind....guaranteed. How physically fit will only make a smidge of difference.
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited March 2016

Driving to Denver and staying the night will not get you acclimated to the altitude. Chances are you won't be by the time you leave. You will suck wind....guaranteed. How physically fit will only make a smidge of difference.

Good point. It takes at least a good 48 to 72 hours to only start to adjust. Not to mention, Telluride is like 3000 feet higher than Denver? And that is just in town, mountain village and the surrounding areas start getting really up there.
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
  • Options

Good point. It takes at least a good 48 to 72 hours to only start to adjust. Not to mention, Telluride is like 3000 feet higher than Denver? And that is just in town, mountain village and the surrounding areas start getting really up there.
    Telluride is at 8750 above sea level
    3500 ft higher then Denver
    As stated above a night in Denver will not acclimatize you.
    For some people it takes weeks not days.

Just dont be stupid and......

Hydrate hydrate hydrate
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435

Telluride is at 8750 above sea level
    3500 ft higher then Denver
    As stated above a night in Denver will not acclimatize you.
    For some people it takes weeks not days.

Just dont be stupid and......

Hydrate hydrate hydrate
    All this reality makes me worried the show will not be anywhere close to 3-4 hours as we expect. You know, Eddie has to sing in that elevation.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    CServantCServant DCO Posts: 1,182

All this reality makes me worried the show will not be anywhere close to 3-4 hours as we expect. You know, Eddie has to sing in that elevation.

I still wouldn't be surprised to see him show up somewhere else in town to sit in on a couple songs. Telluride is really small, so even with the people coming in, it'll still be under 15K total, including locals.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • Options

Ouch! I spent 3 months in Rocky Mtn Natl Park in 2013 and I was just starting to get acclimated so I could hike miles then unfortunately I had to come home. A doctor told me it takes 6 months to get truly acclimated and this is if you have no other health concerns. So I don't know about PJ doing a long set - maybe if they did a sit down acoustic set in the middle like they did in Canada in 2005. The one advantage for the band would be that they could have oxygen tanks backstage.

• Options
    Thanks for these!!

• Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,867

Ouch! I spent 3 months in Rocky Mtn Natl Park in 2013 and I was just starting to get acclimated so I could hike miles then unfortunately I had to come home. A doctor told me it takes 6 months to get truly acclimated and this is if you have no other health concerns. So I don't know about PJ doing a long set - maybe if they did a sit down acoustic set in the middle like they did in Canada in 2005. The one advantage for the band would be that they could have oxygen tanks backstage.
    If they all came out wearing the oxygen tubes in their noses I would die laughing!!!!
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    a5pj said:

If they all came out wearing the oxygen tubes in their noses I would die laughing!!!!
    If Eddie smokes on stage during Even Flow I'm gonna lose it...
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    We ended with an extra ticket. If anyone is interested I'll waive the service charge and give it to you for face of $265.
  • Options
    JogillJogill Posts: 4,549
    Is anyone out there that's going getting a little worried about the altitude???

I've done telluride and many other Colorado ski resorts ( and been up in this altitude snowboarding all day for days on end ) but do remember it being very tiring walking around - and that was in cold weather!
    late PJ bloomer- what was I doing in the 90's that I didn't know who Pearl Jam was???
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Hey have any of you volunteers had a schedule change? I got emailed that I don't get a late nite schedule, they swapped to a morning shift. It kinda screwed up my travel plans but I've got no fixed agenda so I said it's fine, at least I'm not working till midnite!
    late PJ bloomer- what was I doing in the 90's that I didn't know who Pearl Jam was???
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Jogill said:

Hey have any of you volunteers had a schedule change? I got emailed that I don't get a late nite schedule, they swapped to a morning shift. It kinda screwed up my travel plans but I've got no fixed agenda so I said it's fine, at least I'm not working till midnite!

Wow, I thought a night shift was required. Sounds like you got lucky. I'd make sure you won't be charged for the ticket afterwards.

• Options
    edited March 2016

Jogill said:

Wow, I thought a night shift was required. Sounds like you got lucky. I'd make sure you won't be charged for the ticket afterwards.

Nah, the supervisor asked me to take the morning shift Friday instead of the night one I asked for. I had asked for that one so I had time to drive down. Now I gotta be there by fri 8am. As I said it has put a kink in my plans but it's a better time.
    Post edited by Jogill on
  • Options
    manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    Jogill said:

Is anyone out there that's going getting a little worried about the altitude???

I've done telluride and many other Colorado ski resorts ( and been up in this altitude snowboarding all day for days on end ) but do remember it being very tiring walking around - and that was in cold weather!

I wouldn't worry to the extent that you're stressed about it. Point is to take it easy, enjoy the environment and take it all in.
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Altitude? If I go, i'll be MUCH higher than any altitude lol
  • Options
    weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179

We ended with an extra ticket. If anyone is interested I'll waive the service charge and give it to you for face of $265.

are these hard tickets or email/scan type? just curious
  • Options

are these hard tickets or email/scan type? just curious

Electronic.
  • Options
    my2hands said:

Altitude? If I go, i'll be MUCH higher than any altitude lol

I believe they sell Cannabis Caviar at the shop in Telluride, talk about some harshness. Hahaha
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    lol
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,508
    Tickets still to be had?
  • Options
    cutz said:

Tickets still to be had?

Yes. Looks like VIP is now sold out but GA is still available. I wonder if more people will start to look into it now that Jeff has said there's maybe only 1 more show planned the rest of the year.

• Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,677
    I can't believe tickets are still available.
    People are seriously underestimating the potential of this event to be absolutely magical.
  • Options
    URthekey said:

People are seriously underestimating the potential of this event to be absolutely magical.

I don't doubt for one second the possibility that the show in Telluride is magical.
    But for a lot of people getting to the show is long and pricey for one show.

I live in Colorado and it will cost less for me to go to Florida for a week and see 3 shows then It will for me to get to Telluride for the weekend and see one show.
  • Options

URthekey said:

I don't doubt for one second the possibility that the show in Telluride is magical.
    But for a lot of people getting to the show is long and pricey for one show.

I live in Colorado and it will cost less for me to go to Florida for a week and see 3 shows then It will for me to get to Telluride for the weekend and see one show.
    Some good points. For the people who like to camp(myself included), we can pay 55-75 dollars for the entire weekend. That takes some of the sting off. A hotel up there for the weekend is insane.