Options

THE RIDE FESTIVAL?!?!

Comments

• Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    It is rather fishy. This was also posted on their website and on their facebook, and now both appear to be missing....

This was also emailed a couple of weeks ago..... would be great to get a clarification
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    there is no way Pearl Jam wants their official set time to be listed as 4 hours, meaning people will obviously expect a 4 hour performance... even if they planned on playing that long they would not want to set such a high expectation... that advertisement definitely makes it look like they are playing a 4 hour set
  • Options
    In my mind, it makes it seem like they're playing a normal full length show, nothing special.

Almost all the shows this tour had start times as 7 pm on the ticket, and curfew is usually assumed to be 11 pm.

This makes me believe we get the 28-32 songs we usually see at a gig, and makes me feel comfortable to NOT expect a 20 song bonnaroo show.
  • Options

In my mind, it makes it seem like they're playing a normal full length show, nothing special.

Almost all the shows this tour had start times as 7 pm on the ticket, and curfew is usually assumed to be 11 pm.

This makes me believe we get the 28-32 songs we usually see at a gig, and makes me feel comfortable to NOT expect a 20 song bonnaroo show.

I think you have reasonable expectations...

should be one hell of a show
  • Options
    weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179
    Ando said:

Ride Festival on FB just posted a schedule showing 7-9??I hope we were not misled

you have posted this same info in both threads and are perhaps the only one who saw this info. how sure are you??? because i highly doubt this festival ends at 9pm on a saturday night! LOL
  • Options
    AndoAndo Denver Posts: 410
    I'm positive. I tried to post a comment on the FB thread but it wouldn't let me so that was fishy as well
  • Options
    UtahBoltUtahBolt Posts: 188
    I saw it...for sure. As stated in the other Ride thread. It said 7-9 but I can't find it anywhere now.
  • Options
    AceCoolAceCool Texas Posts: 455
    I think everything is going to be just fine. No need to stress out. They are the main headliner. No way they get limited to a two hour time slot.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    AceCool said:

I think everything is going to be just fine. No need to stress out. They are the main headliner. No way they get limited to a two hour time slot.

I agree. Curfew is 11 and nobody is scheduled after PJ. My guess is PJ camp asked them to stop advertising a 4 hour slot.
  • Options
    I am not worried about it i just was surprised after they have been showing a 4 hour slot for a few weeks why all of a sudden they would knock it down to 2 with a 9 o'clock end time. Was wondering who else caught that. The website is a little lacking for a festival of this size being 5 years old. Good call on the no festivals end at 9 on a Saturday too im sure this will be a full 28+ song set!
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Info page says festival will end 11pm saturday and 10pm Sunday

I have never seen a 4 hour slot advertised for any band at any festival... I'm sure PJ doesn't want people expecting a 4 hour performance...
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    They just posted a revised schedule, saying Pearl Jam 7-9 PM.

Truly an insane move if you ask me. How are you going to do this after you have advertised a 7-11 PM set time for over 3 months now?
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630

Truly an insane move if you ask me. How are you going to do this after you have advertised a 7-11 PM set time for over 3 months now?

That's awful if true. I was hoping for at least a traditional show length within the 4 hour slot.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    Noload said:

That's awful if true. I was hoping for at least a traditional show length within the 4 hour slot.
    If we still get a normal show, and they didn't want to be misleading, I am okay with it.

I dont expect any special acoustic set, or any other special stuff. Just give me the normal show that was seen all through April 2016 tour and there can be no complaints.

But.... advertise a 4 hour show and then give me a 20 song Bonnaroo setlist? Yeah, I am going to be mad.
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    edited June 2016

Hopefully just to lower expectations..maybe because no sell out? That's not sweetening the deal for any PJ folks who have been on the fence. I'm already locked in to this expensive journey or I would probably tap out (as cool as the area looks).
    Post edited by Noload on
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    Very messed up and shame on them for not having their shit together. However im sure its still going to be 2 and half hour set+. Why end Saturday at 9 and Sunday at 10 that goes against the laws of curfew common sense. The only reason I can think of ending early is promoting NightRide?
  • Options
    my nightride sat show doesnt start till 1130! still it's weird they moved it from 7-11 to 7-9. makes no sense other than to say to people don't expect a 4 hour show. i get that
    but to end at 9 on a sat night just doesn't make any sense at all. why not say 10? LOL
  • Options
    just to make things more confusing, taken directly of the FAQ section:

What are festival hours?

On Saturday, gates open at 10:00a.m., with showtime 11:00a.m., ending at 11:00p.m. On Sunday, gates open at 10:00a.m., with showtime at 11:00a.m., ending at 10:00 p.m
  • Options
    Eswartz99Eswartz99 Kansas City MO Posts: 23
    I've been on the fence the whole time. The official email from June 10th said 7-11 time slot for PJ. However as of now it says 7-9 on their website. Their communication has been great and i emailed this morning. Ill let you know what they say. I was ready to buy the ticket for a 4 hour show, knowing fully that it would be more like 3 hours but at least it would be a full set. 28-32 songs.
    Bonnaroo 2008, Kansas City 2010, Eddie Vedder St. Louis 2011, Chicago (Wrigley) 2013, Dallas 2013, Oklahoma 2013, St Louis 2014, Lincoln 2014, Lexington 2016, Telluride Festival 2016, Chicago (Wrigley) 20&22 2016
  • Options
    http://m.telluridenews.com/news/article_6304f480-e263-11e5-afce-6bf023b00699.html?mode=jqm

The organizers even campaigned to get the curfew extended a half hour. So I believe the curfew is 1130 Saturday. Regardless of all this, I'm expecting a regular 2.5 hour-3 hour show. We are know they aren't playing a 4 hour show. Especially at this altitude. This is going to be amazing no matter what.
  • Options
    sounds like the festival has lower than expected sales and therefore wasn't able to add more acts to fill all the slots, so now they are scrambling...

and it also wouldn't shock me if pearl jam agreed to headline and the festival just took it upon themselves to schedule a 4 hour slot for them since they couldn't fill the schedule... and now that the PJ camp has noticed they gave them a phone call and said don't expect or advertise a 4 hour performance
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,924
    my2hands said:

sounds like the festival has lower than expected sales and therefore wasn't able to add more acts to fill all the slots, so now they are scrambling...

and it also wouldn't shock me if pearl jam agreed to headline and the festival just took it upon themselves to schedule a 4 hour slot for them since they couldn't fill the schedule... and now that the PJ camp has noticed they gave them a phone call and said don't expect or advertise a 4 hour performance

This sounds about right. I would expect a 7:30-8:00 start time and they'll play to 10:30 or so. I think it will be a typical 25-30 song set. No need to panic.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    I wonder how attendance will be during the day. I would much rather spend time around the area than watching 6 bands I've never heard of.
  • Options

I wonder how attendance will be during the day. I would much rather spend time around the area than watching 6 bands I've never heard of.

I have a feeling it would be empty... although you may need to enter early if you want merchandise
  • Options
    bb4packersbb4packers Posts: 176
    I got this message from the festival:

The schedule we posted was incorrect as it looked as if Pearl Jam was expected to play for 4 hours. They prefer to show a shorter scheduled time with an allowance to play as long as they would like. They have until 11pm if they so desire. Sorry for the confusion.
  • Options
    my2hands said:

I have a feeling it would be empty... although you may need to enter early if you want merchandise
    you can come and go as you please during the day. so go ahead and get there for early for merch and then leave and do whatever. we are staying downtown so it's easy to zip in and out of the fest to see any band play anytime
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884

I got this message from the festival:

The schedule we posted was incorrect as it looked as if Pearl Jam was expected to play for 4 hours. They prefer to show a shorter scheduled time with an allowance to play as long as they would like. They have until 11pm if they so desire. Sorry for the confusion.

Hope this means the PJ fans will put the pitchforks down now and the venue does not have to worry about being torched for an alleged 2 hour time slot.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options

my2hands said:

you can come and go as you please during the day. so go ahead and get there for early for merch and then leave and do whatever. we are staying downtown so it's easy to zip in and out of the fest to see any band play anytime
    That is very cool
  • Options
    Eswartz99Eswartz99 Kansas City MO Posts: 23
    Here is the response from my email this morning, and the response from a email earlier this week based on reentry. You may leave and reenter the festival grounds as often as you’d like.

I feel the festival is handling inquires rather well.
    Bonnaroo 2008, Kansas City 2010, Eddie Vedder St. Louis 2011, Chicago (Wrigley) 2013, Dallas 2013, Oklahoma 2013, St Louis 2014, Lincoln 2014, Lexington 2016, Telluride Festival 2016, Chicago (Wrigley) 20&22 2016