Options

THE RIDE FESTIVAL?!?!

Comments

• Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,353

URthekey said:

I can't believe tickets are still available.
    People are seriously underestimating the potential of this event to be absolutely magical.

I don't doubt for one second the possibility that the show in Telluride is magical.
    But for a lot of people getting to the show is long and pricey for one show.

I live in Colorado and it will cost less for me to go to Florida for a week and see 3 shows then It will for me to get to Telluride for the weekend and see one show.
    It's all about the entire experience. It will be priceless!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,933
    I have no doubt this will be a great show. But I think for a lot of people who are only interested in seeing Pearl Jam, $285 is pretty pricey. I'm all about seeing other bands, but I wouldn't even pay that much if I enjoyed a 3-4 other bands. Add in the cost for travel/lodging, and this was a no doubt, no go for me.
  • Options
    JogillJogill Posts: 4,549
    Hey, I think everyone should stop running others down for saying it's gonna be the show of the year, making them feel like they have to justify why they're not going. Now that there's plenty of shows on the table, everyone can make their decision to see PJ within their own budgets. This show's gonna be what it is.....just getting to see PJ anywhere is what we all want to do, so just be happy about going to see them!
    late PJ bloomer- what was I doing in the 90's that I didn't know who Pearl Jam was???
  • Options
    weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179
    not sure about others running others down but i will say this
    this is a one off, a once in a lifetime event. i will bet a million dollars pj will never return to this wonderful box canyon. it is a magical place to see live music.
    i totally agree every pj show is epic but downtown detroit, chicago, tampa is not telluride. not even close!
  • Options
    JMoneyJMoney Denver Posts: 44
    Alright dammit, I am back in it. Seriously grateful to a friend of a friend for making a reasonably priced accommodation available in town so I can do this weekend with my family. Looking forward to seeing some of you there in a few months... I genuinely feel for everyone struggling with the cost and logistics - this has been a full week of big time networking trying to overcome the odds.
    Lake Fairfax, VA '92 - Missoula, MT '12 - Baltimore '13 - Denver '14 - Telluride '16 - Denver '22
  • Options
    EL177913EL177913 Posts: 220
    Bump b/c I don't know what I've done right in life to be fortunate enough right now to be able to be going to this! That and I didn't like that it was on page 4! Locals- tell us more how and why this is going to be awesome! I'm going to MSGx2, Fenway x2, and I was chosen in the NYC marathon lottery this year and I can't stop thinking about this show! Can't wait!!
    1992: 8/7 Mansfield MA
    2000: 8/29 Mansfield MA
    2004: 9/28+29 Boston MA, 10/1 Reading PA, 10/6 Asheville NC, 10/8 Kissimmee FL
    2005: 9/15 Montreal, 9/16 Ottawa,ON 9/22 Halifax Nova Scotia, p9/24+25 St Johns, Newfoundland
    2006: 5/12 Albany NY, 5/13 Hartford CT, 5/24+ 25 Boston MA, 5/27+28 Camden NJ
    2008: 6/28+30 Mansfield MA, 8/2 EV Boston MA
    2009: 10/30+ 31 Philly
    2010: 5/15 Hartford CT, 5/17 Boston MA
    2011: 9/3+4 PJ20, Alpine Valley WI, 6/15 EV Providence RI, 6/16 EV Boston MA
    2013: 7/19 Chicago, 10/15+16 Worcester MA, 10/25 Hartford CT
    2014: 10/19 St Paul MN
    2016: (5/1+2 MSG, 8/5+7 Fenway)
  • Options
    DivkaDivka Posts: 200
    I posted this in another thread, but wanted to share it here... The festival is offering free passes in exchange for volunteering. http://ridefestival.com/volunteer/

The details:
    Volunteers will be assigned two shifts (around 12 - 14 hours total) in exchange for a two-day, general admission festival pass. VOLUNTEERS ARE REQUIRED TO WORK AT LEAST ONE EVENING SHIFT, SO WHEN SELECTING YOUR THREE PREFERRED SHIFTS, YOU MUST CHOOSE AT LEAST ONE SHIFT THAT IS THE LAST SHIFT OF THAT DAY. Mid-day shifts, for example, run from 2:00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M. and are not considered evening shifts.

Please select 3 shift preferences from the list below. Volunteers will be asked to serve two shifts, unless you choose shifts that are three hours or less, then you may be required to work three shifts. We cannot guarantee you'll be assigned your preferred shifts, but we'll do our best! BE SURE TO CHOOSE AT LEAST ONE EVENING SHIFT, THE LAST SHIFT OF THE DAY.
    When the stars exploded billions of years ago, they formed everything that is this world. Everything we know is stardust...
  • Options
    Making the drive from Seattle. Can't wait to experience The Ride!!!
    Honolulu Dec 2, 2006
    Seattle Sept 21 & 22 2009
    Portland Sept 26, 2009
    Madison Square Garden May 20 & 21, 2010
    Bridge School Oct 23 & 24, 2010
    Alpine Valley - PJ20 Sept 3 & 4, 2011
    DeLuna Sept 21, 2012
    Atlanta Sept 22, 2012
    Missoula Sept 30, 2012
    Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
    Portland Nov 29, 2013
    Spokane Nov 30, 2013
    Vancouver Dec 4, 2013
    Seattle Dec 6, 2013
    Tulsa Oct 8, 2014
    Lincoln Oct 9, 2014
    Telluride July 9, 2016
    Boston Aug 5 & 7, 2016
    Chicago 20 & 21, 2016
    New York Apr 7, 2017
    Seattle 8 & 10, 2018
    Missoula Aug 13, 2018
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    Still tix..I gave in and stood before my family and admitted I have a problem. I will be there..have no accommodations but coming from Georgia..alone with a ticket and a dream!
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Colorado Posts: 1,375
    It would be so awesome if Eddie played at the Sheridan Opera House for one of the late night shows!! Imagine how hard it would be to get that ticket.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,165

It would be so awesome if Eddie played at the Sheridan Opera House for one of the late night shows!! Imagine how hard it would be to get that ticket.

Are u going?!?
  • Options
    If anyone is looking to share accommodations pm me.
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    Noload said:

Still tix..I gave in and stood before my family and admitted I have a problem. I will be there..have no accommodations but coming from Georgia..alone with a ticket and a dream!

admitting you have a problem is the first step!! lol
    i think i'm flying in solo. havent bought my ticket yet but plan on doing it very soon. pm me maybe we can find a place to stay
  • Options

Noload said:

admitting you have a problem is the first step!! lol
    i think i'm flying in solo. havent bought my ticket yet but plan on doing it very soon. pm me maybe we can find a place to stay
    Thanks. .not sure what I'm going to do yet. Looks like this one is going to take some thought but I will be looking to reduce costs every way I can.
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Noload said:

Camping pass for the weekend, $70. Flying in from somewhere w/camping gear presents a problem so maybe there needs to be an "I have a huge tent, split it with me" share threads. :)
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options

Noload said:

Camping pass for the weekend, $70. Flying in from somewhere w/camping gear presents a problem so maybe there needs to be an "I have a huge tent, split it with me" share threads. :)
    Good idea!
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    Noload said:

Noload said:

Good idea!
    i'm going to walmart in montrose to get some essentials before i drive in. flying in solo also. I have a single tent im flying with, but you are welcome to use whatever i get for shade, cooler, food, etc... going to grab a 10x10 canopy, a chair, some shit like that.
  • Options

Noload said:

Noload said:

Good idea!
    i'm going to walmart in montrose to get some essentials before i drive in. flying in solo also. I have a single tent im flying with, but you are welcome to use whatever i get for shade, cooler, food, etc... going to grab a 10x10 canopy, a chair, some shit like that.
    Cool. I have to dig into it more. I think one of the camp sites sold out so may have to take what I can get. I haven't camped since I was a kid so I have no supplies. My decision wasn't well thought out lol.
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    You can still buy Town Park camping for $70 a person, it will be first to sell out (heard it usually does by this time already), right next to the fest grounds. I would just buy it then figure it out from there.

I have been treating this entire trip like Joey's acting advice on Friends. "If they want you to ride a horse, you say you can ride a horse to get the part, then you learn how to ride a horse." I am buying camping pass, getting approved to volunteer, etc... THEN I'll figure out how to make it all work. Even when I wasn't sure I was going (still not 100%) I bought the car camping pass too, just figured I'll probably go and if not will be easy to get rid of.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    Noload said:

Noload said:

Noload said:

Good idea!
    Cool. I have to dig into it more. I think one of the camp sites sold out so may have to take what I can get. I haven't camped since I was a kid so I have no supplies. My decision wasn't well thought out lol.
    you want town park camping pass, and they are still available 70$
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

Noload said:

Honestly, even flying in with no gear and buying a cheap tent/gear somewhere would be cheaper than paying for a hotel in Telluride for a couple days. 75 bucks for the whole weekend is not bad at all. Grab a 50 dollar tent somewhere, blanket and a pillow. Good to go.
  • Options
    mikegraf97mikegraf97 Posts: 36
    edited March 2016
    For those flying into Denver without a tent, maybe consider renting one from REI? One of their flag stores is downtown...you could pick up whatever you need on your way outta town.
    Post edited by mikegraf97 on
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,587
    edited March 2016

For those flying into Denver without a tent, maybe consider renting one from REI? One of their flag stores is downtown...you could pick up whatever you need on your way outta town.

Also an REI in Grand Junction if you're going through there.
    But a much smaller store.
    Denver is a "flagship" store
  • Options
    UmphreysJam34UmphreysJam34 Posts: 784
    edited March 2016
    REI store in Denver is really cool. But really expensive. Get your gear elsewhere
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    when are you allowed to start camping? Friday night?
  • Options
    my2hands said:

when are you allowed to start camping? Friday night?

any time. its something like 20$ a night in town park, on Friday morning your camping pass kicks in through Monday am...
  • Options
    PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Colorado Posts: 1,375

Are u going?!?
    If we are still in CO, yes! I signed up for volunteering and got a pass for town park camping. About a 6 hr drive from where I live so this will actually be way less expensive for me than the FLA/SC/NC run I'm also doing!

I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.
  • Options
    weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179
    the dirty knobs are so elusive. none of their real names on the website. no pictures of them. one album with 500 copies given to charity only. i get that they don't want to be know as the heartbrakers and that they don't want to piss off their boss. this show is a one off special event for sure

The Dirty Knobs are an L.A.-based band that plays down and dirty Rock ‘n Roll.
    Members include Gator, Ape, Crawdaddy, and Swampfox.
    Their real names are unknown. Their real identities are a mystery. Their motives, questionable.

http://thedirtyknobs.com/
    http://www.mudcrutch.com/forum/index.php?/forum/8-the-dirty-knobs/
  • Options
    Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    If I drive to Telluride on Saturday around noon, where can I park? Is there parking on the outskirts of town or something?
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,587
    edited March 2016
    If I drive to Telluride on Saturday around noon, where can I park? Is there parking on the outskirts of town or something?
    After a 15 second search on Google I got this
    from the Ride Festival faq....

What about parking?
    Beginning Friday, July 8 at 4:00pm, cars will not be permitted to drive into or park in Telluride unless you have a barricade pass affixed to the inside drivers windshield or a handicapped permit. Entering town without a proper parking pass will cause your car to be towed at your expense! Free parking is located throughout the valley in Telluride, Mtn Village, Lawson Hill, and Ilium Valley. In order to park within the Town of Telluride, your parking pass (obtained from RIDE Parking Staff at the Barricade) must be displayed in your windshield. Park only in the designated lot on your pass, otherwise cars will be towed at the owner’s expense! RIDE Parking Staff will direct you where to park; please follow signs and park only in the designated parking space on your pass. If you have a Town Park Camping Pass, you will be directed to the campground and then redirected from there as to where to park. If you have lodging in Telluride, please ask your accommodations host about hotel/condo parking passes. If parking passes are provided by your hotel/condo, you will be permitted to drive into town. Main Street business area parking meters remain in effect all weekend, except Sunday. Bicycles are welcome with bike parking at the entrance to the RIDE Box Office and across the street from the Telluride Post Office.
    Post edited by Bentleyspop on