Options

THE RIDE FESTIVAL?!?!

Comments

• Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    a5pj said:

I'm working the beer booth on Saturday :) Schedule changed from merch booth... Probably be wearing a PJ shirt and/or hat!

Did they e-mail to notify you or did you just check and it was changed?
    I got an email that said "Your volunteer schedule has been changed please log in to view it." I logged in and saw the new shift/time. I did want the merch shift but I wrote to volunteer coordinator to say thanks as I now get off at 4:30 instead of 7.... more time to get a good spot for PJ (or wait in line for a poster). :)

She said check it again before the weekend, things could still change. I said as long as I get Sat night off I'm good :)
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    motarmotar Posts: 141
    We gotta schedule a 10c blunt session earlier in the day. Multiple blunt sessions.
  • Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,687
    Now that the East coast run has wrapped up its time to get amped for CO!
    It will be great to get out of the big cities & into the mtns and fresh air.
    I envision laying on a blanket under the stars all buzzed on the vibe and music, just soaking it all in. But since I'm bringing the kids the reality is prob gonna be multiple trips to the porta potties and food vendors....lol
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590
    URthekey said:

I envision laying on a blanket under the stars all buzzed on the vibe and music, just soaking it all in. But since I'm bringing the kids the reality is prob gonna be multiple trips to the porta potties and food vendors....lol

Don't forget having to explain to the kids about that skunky smell
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209

URthekey said:

Don't forget having to explain to the kids about that skunky smell
    "smell that skunk kids? it must be close by"
  • Options
    motar said:

We gotta schedule a 10c blunt session earlier in the day. Multiple blunt sessions.

im in Commandant Lassard... gonna pm you my #, i'll be there 7/6.
  • Options
    7 weeks
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,869

7 weeks

:bring_it:
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    edited May 2016

7 weeks

Did everyone see the photo Ride Fest posted on Facebook last night? It is a photo of the crowd at Wrigley 2013 and a Ride fest birds eye view and compares how they'll be playing 40,000 people at Wrigley, and only 11,500 people at Ride (that would require it to sell out of course so might be less). Pretty cool shots of both venues and I had to smile cause I'll be at BOTH (I hope).
    Post edited by High Fidelity 2000 on
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,869

7 weeks

Did everyone see the photo Ride Fest posted on Facebook last night? It is a photo of the crowd at Wrigley 2003 and a Ride fest birds eye view and compares how they'll be playing 40,000 people at Wrigley, and only 11,500 people at Ride (that would require it to sell out of course so might be less). Pretty cool shots of both venues and I had to smile cause I'll be at BOTH (I hope).
    Yeah man, and the back drop at the ride looks beautiful, can't wait to see it in person
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    7 weeks from tonight!
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,639
    Just booked my flight and rental car!
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630

Nice..I got the flight from Atl..still have to do the car.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,639
    Noload said:

Nice..I got the flight from Atl..still have to do the car.
    I am flying into Denver early Thursday morning and flight out late Sunday night (skipping Day #2 since not into any of the bands and am more excited to just be in Telluride). I don't mind driving and the flight options suck at the other airports. The rate through Expedia was about $55 for a night with Hertz.
  • Options
    JogillJogill Posts: 4,549
    I'm getting real excited too! This will be my first PJ concert, first ever festival, first time volunteering for anything like this and first concert since 1990! Hope to meet up with some of the 10C fans there. Keep posting if there's any arrangements.
    late PJ bloomer- what was I doing in the 90's that I didn't know who Pearl Jam was???
  • Options
    butterjambutterjam Posts: 215
    I just got my airbnb cancelled and was wondering if anyone has a hookup for somewhere to stay? There will be 3 of us and we will be camping/hiking for a few days before the show and really want a roof over our heads. Is anyone interested in doing a group house rental? PM me if you are interested. Seems like there are a few solos out there, so might as well get a group place for us jammers.
  • Options
    6 weeks
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    butterjam said:

I just got my airbnb cancelled and was wondering if anyone has a hookup for somewhere to stay? There will be 3 of us and we will be camping/hiking for a few days before the show and really want a roof over our heads. Is anyone interested in doing a group house rental? PM me if you are interested. Seems like there are a few solos out there, so might as well get a group place for us jammers.

This is why I'm reluctant to use airbnb when traveling... totally sucks
  • Options
    They just sent announced most of the late night line up. Some cool bands playing the smaller late night venues.
  • Options
    UmphreysJam34UmphreysJam34 Posts: 790

They just sent announced most of the late night line up. Some cool bands playing the smaller late night venues.

Yeah I saw this. This is great. And the best news is most of those shows are free with the weekend pass for the festival. Most other telluride festivals charge a cover for each late night show. Can't wait.
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,578
    edited May 2016
    Looking for rides:
    Friday Jul 8: Ride from Denver to Telluride (Flying from San Francisco)
    Sunday Jul 10: Ride from Telluride to Denver (early in the morning)

Will chip in for gas. Please let me know.
    Post edited by SOLAT319 on
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    UtahBoltUtahBolt Posts: 188

I've been listening to a few of these bands the last few weeks to get ready for the festival and I am really looking forward to seeing some of them live. HoneyHoney and The Temperance Movement are fantastic and really jump out to me but there are quite a few that I dig as well, not to mention Cage. Looking forward to a great weekend of music in the mountains!
  • Options
    Hope everyone will share what they are finding on car rentals from Denver. My flight is booked but haven't done the car yet. Even though it's a costly show to attend, still surprised it's not sold out.
  • Options
    Noload said:

Hope everyone will share what they are finding on car rentals from Denver. My flight is booked but haven't done the car yet. Even though it's a costly show to attend, still surprised it's not sold out.

I got an email this morning from Hotwire about a one day car sale. I looked and depending on the days you want to travel it's the cheapest I have seen on there in quite a while.
  • Options

Noload said:

I got an email this morning from Hotwire about a one day car sale. I looked and depending on the days you want to travel it's the cheapest I have seen on there in quite a while.
    I would be picking up Friday dropping off monday
  • Options
    Noload said:

Noload said:

I would be picking up Friday dropping off monday
    About $110 for a standard car, about $175 for SUV. I can try forwarding you the email if you want to PM your email address.
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,664
    Any chance we get Cage the Elephant on the same day as PJ?!
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    AndoAndo Denver Posts: 410
    I doubt it, Cage will close the show on Sunday based on past lineups. And i believe they are playing in Denver Saturday now that i think about it.
  • Options
    DK121854DK121854 Posts: 8
    edited May 2016
    Hey, I have an extra GA ticket/camping pass for this if anyone is interested. Going solo as well, would be able to provide an extra tent for someone with the camping pass, as well as a ride to/from Denver (Friday to Sunday). PM me if interested
    Post edited by DK121854 on
  • Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    DK121854 said:

Hey, I have an extra GA ticket/camping pass for this if anyone is interested. Going solo as well, would be able to provide an extra tent for someone with the camping pass, as well as a ride to/from Denver (Friday to Sunday). PM me if interested

I'm a definite maybe, lol. Have a condo in Frisco, Co. 1 mile off I-70. Would not be out of the way. Just not sure if my body will be able to handle 5+ hrs of driving each way PLUS standing for hours at a festival PLUS camping. Also will depend on my wife's work schedule(flight attendant). Won't know that till end of June. Won't need her permission, lol, if she's working, lol. Want to go. Have a feeling I might miss my white whale song, Drifin'. They sound checked it recently.
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!