Options

THE RIDE FESTIVAL?!?!

Comments

• Options
    irishgal21irishgal21 Denver, CO, USA Posts: 53
    butterjam said:

I just got my airbnb cancelled and was wondering if anyone has a hookup for somewhere to stay? There will be 3 of us and we will be camping/hiking for a few days before the show and really want a roof over our heads. Is anyone interested in doing a group house rental? PM me if you are interested. Seems like there are a few solos out there, so might as well get a group place for us jammers.

I just sent you a PM!
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    5 weeks
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,861

5 weeks

love the countdown
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    toolfan2305toolfan2305 Posts: 352
    Is there going to be a meet up anywhere? Also what do people think the chances are they play one of the small clubs either day before or night of show?
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

Is there going to be a meet up anywhere? Also what do people think the chances are they play one of the small clubs either day before or night of show?

Isn't a show with 9,000 people already a meetup? It's like a large tailgate lol

I wish I could make this one
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    Anyone know what Tent the band is staying in? Probably fancy.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    CServantCServant DCO Posts: 1,182
    Noload said:

Anyone know what Tent the band is staying in? Probably fancy.

I'm thinking they splurged for a hotel room...
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • Options
    weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179
    with all the super nice condos in the area they aint in no hotel or air bnb is my guess and my guess is they are hanging in the area for a few days before and/or after to hike maroon bells and maybe even to whip to colorado springs to check out garden of the gods or maybe the hot spring pool at glenwood springs. great summer trip for their families!
    we all win here
  • Options

my guess is zero chance. the clubs/venues in town are way too tiny. it would be absolute chaos
  • Options
    Town Park Campground has sold out.
  • Options
    I guess Denver airport being 30 miles out of town doesn't help these car rental rates. Looks like about $40- $50 per day difference between airport and Denver proper prices (with Friday AM to Monday AM). It's getting late.
  • Options
    motarmotar Posts: 141
    The Denver airport just had a light rail line open up. You can ride that into the city and get a cheaper rental rate.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,561
    motar said:

The Denver airport just had a light rail line open up. You can ride that into the city and get a cheaper rental rate.

There are 2 Hertz locations within easy walking distance of Union Station (end of light rail line from airport).

Im sure there are other rental car companies downtown but it's Hertz I know for sure.
  • Options
    motar said:

Now that's good info..thanks!
  • Options
    Is anyone getting Sheridan Opera House tickets? I would like to see HoneyHoney but I'm volunteering Friday night.
  • Options

Is anyone getting Sheridan Opera House tickets? I would like to see HoneyHoney but I'm volunteering Friday night.

i'm probably grabbing honeyhoney and temperance movement.
  • Options

I'm afraid I'll be so roached after PJ on Saturday that I don't know if I can rally for a late night show. That's going to be a long day.
  • Options

I'm afraid I'll be so roached after PJ on Saturday that I don't know if I can rally for a late night show. That's going to be a long day.
    i hear you... figure i'll get them for saturday night and if i dont feel up to going someone there will take them off my hands. starting to get really excited for this trip.
  • Options
    IV
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    Schedule just released. PJ officially has a 4 hour set time, 7-11 pm. This is NOT going to be just "a festival show"
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

Schedule just released. PJ officially has a 4 hour set time, 7-11 pm. This is NOT going to be just "a festival show"

And the band before them ends at 6 so there is a full hour of set-up time.
  • Options
    Let me be the first to speculate, but doesn't that almost have to mean an "acoustic set"? When they first said 7-11 I assumed that included an hour+ of set up, etc. Can they play a full-on show for even 3.5 hours at 9000 feet? I have read that some of the SA shows are pretty high though.
  • Options
    tgoldentgolden Posts: 14
    Are there any group(s) of people going into Telluride together from Northern Colorado by chance? I'm still trying desperately to arrange my weekend there but it looks like I'd be going alone. I'd like to join a group traveling up there together, not sure at all where I'd stay though. Seems everywhere is booked of course.

Thanks
  • Options
    kc007kc007 USA Posts: 282
    acoustic set would be nice.
  • Options

can you please post this info here(a link) i looked but i couldn't find anything on who is playing what days and what times. thanks!
  • Options
    got the email as well re the schedule
    very pleased about the dirty knobs playing the same day as pj. wonder if mike c will be a guest with pj for a song. also glad to see band of heathens on same day as well. they have been on my radar for 5+ years so i'm glad to finally get the chance to see them
  • Options

indeed. pj get an hour to set up(band before them ends at 6pm). even if they take a little longer all will still be good. i can't see them doing a festival set for this show and i can't see them ending the night before curfew so even if they start at 8(which is doubtful-late) we will get 3 hours.
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435

Let me be the first to speculate, but doesn't that almost have to mean an "acoustic set"? When they first said 7-11 I assumed that included an hour+ of set up, etc. Can they play a full-on show for even 3.5 hours at 9000 feet? I have read that some of the SA shows are pretty high though.

I think there will be an acoustic set like Mansfield 3 (2003) before the rest, OR they will do an extended sit-down encore like instead of 3-4 songs on chairs they'll do 8 or 9.
    My money is on about 7:15-10:45. I don't think they have ever really played a four hour straight show and I don't think it's going to happen now at that altitude. Even Denver, last show of the 2014 tour, high altitude, they WANTED to make it one of the most remembered shows of the few years (as Eddie said) and it was 3:20, which is a long ass time anyway. Being that this is outside in a one of a kind setting, I can see them passing that but not the full 4. If I'm wrong you can all tell me "told you so"... I won't mind cause I'll be there to see it happen! :triumph:
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    AndoAndo Denver Posts: 410
    Ride Festival on FB just posted a schedule showing 7-9??I hope we were not misled
  • Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    Ando said:

Ride Festival on FB just posted a schedule showing 7-9??I hope we were not misled

Where did you see this? I couldn't find it at their Facebook page.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com