Options

THE RIDE FESTIVAL?!?!

Comments

• Options
    weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179
    Rossum20 said:

If I drive to Telluride on Saturday around noon, where can I park? Is there parking on the outskirts of town or something?

park at mtn village and enjoy the free ride up and down via the gondola into/outta town
    https://www.telluride.com/gondola
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    Is the concensus that Denver is the best place price wise to fly into? If anyone gets good rental car deals or is going in on one..post it! Thanks
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    Noload said:

Is the concensus that Denver is the best place price wise to fly into? If anyone gets good rental car deals or is going in on one..post it! Thanks

check rates into Montrose. I got roundtrip from PHI to Montrose a while back for 750$ with a car. I think its the closest airport. going into Denver was about the same for me, maybe a bit less, but the drive is 5-6 hours longer. i'll be flying in on the 6th, if anyone out there is arriving on the 6th and wants a ride, jump in...
  • Options
    I've been seeing around $350 Atl to Denver but I will look at Montrose to check.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,573
    Noload said:

I've been seeing around $350 Atl to Denver but I will look at Montrose to check.

While you're at it check for rates flying into Telluride or Grand Junction
  • Options

Noload said:

While you're at it check for rates flying into Telluride or Grand Junction
    cant hurt... I couldn't find a flight into telluride. from PHI to Denver, Montrose, and grand junction were all within 100$ or so with a car. Montrose the easiest drive in.
  • Options
    VeddersgirlatlVeddersgirlatl Atlanta Posts: 44
    Noload said:

Still tix..I gave in and stood before my family and admitted I have a problem. I will be there..have no accommodations but coming from Georgia..alone with a ticket and a dream!

I'm come for Atlanta!! Woohoo!
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,639
    We're flying Cleveland to Denver Friday very early morning. Renting a car and seeing things along the way such as Pikes Peak, the royal gorge bridge, hot springs, etc then get to our Telluride hotel late Friday night. Haven't decided yet if we're gonna fly home out of Cortez or just drive back to Denver Sunday.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435

the dirty knobs are so elusive. none of their real names on the website. no pictures of them. one album with 500 copies given to charity only. i get that they don't want to be know as the heartbrakers and that they don't want to piss off their boss. this show is a one off special event for sure

The Dirty Knobs are an L.A.-based band that plays down and dirty Rock ‘n Roll.
    Members include Gator, Ape, Crawdaddy, and Swampfox.
    Their real names are unknown. Their real identities are a mystery. Their motives, questionable.

http://thedirtyknobs.com/
    http://www.mudcrutch.com/forum/index.php?/forum/8-the-dirty-knobs/

I looked up some of their youtube videos. I don't recognize any other heartbreakers except Campbell. Different drummer, bassist and guitarist. Does their line up change or something? Do they only play old covers?
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    MG14345MG14345 Posts: 86

We're flying Cleveland to Denver Friday very early morning. Renting a car and seeing things along the way such as Pikes Peak, the royal gorge bridge, hot springs, etc then get to our Telluride hotel late Friday night. Haven't decided yet if we're gonna fly home out of Cortez or just drive back to Denver Sunday.

Interesting.

I've made the decision to make the drive from Cleveland. The Ride should be show #99 or 100 for me. Looking forward to the setting, atmosphere, people and the show.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

Noload said:

Still tix..I gave in and stood before my family and admitted I have a problem. I will be there..have no accommodations but coming from Georgia..alone with a ticket and a dream!

I'm come for Atlanta!! Woohoo!
    Glad there will be a Georgia presence!
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,639
    MG14345 said:

Interesting.

I've made the decision to make the drive from Cleveland. The Ride should be show #99 or 100 for me. Looking forward to the setting, atmosphere, people and the show.
    If you decide you wanna fly, southwest and frontier both have nonstop flights Hopkins to Denver that are pretty cheap if you wait until they do their sales
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited March 2016

Noload said:

check rates into Montrose. I got roundtrip from PHI to Montrose a while back for 750$ with a car. I think its the closest airport. going into Denver was about the same for me, maybe a bit less, but the drive is 5-6 hours longer. i'll be flying in on the 6th, if anyone out there is arriving on the 6th and wants a ride, jump in...
    The last few weeks philly - denver has been $700ish... Philly - Montrose has been $1,000ish... but I did not try it with adding a car... what site did you use and what days are you flying?
  • Options

I looked up some of their youtube videos. I don't recognize any other heartbreakers except Campbell. Different drummer, bassist and guitarist. Does their line up change or something? Do they only play old covers?

from what little i know it was also ron blair and steve ferrone not sure if they are in the same configuration that exists today. the only utube vids i found weren't new so who knows. for sure mike c though. no idea about what they play but i'm guessing tom doesn't want them writing their own songs too much lol. it really is a one off that they are playing. i have a cool dirty knobs tour shirt that i will be wearing at the t'ride gig. got it many years ago from a long lost tom friend out west. the dk got a pretty high billing in the latest poster(right under cage and pe jam) which is cool.

• Options

pikes peak is close colorado springs and if u r in that area u need to check out garden of the gods(a must). cog train up to pikes peak is cool though. a side trip to maroon bells is def worthy if u travel the I70 route and down(thats the way i did it when i went to tride last year-I70 to grand junction)
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    my2hands said:

Noload said:

The last few weeks philly - denver has been $700ish... Philly - Montrose has been $1,000ish... but I did not try it with adding a car... what site did you use and what days are you flying?
    expedia. im flying 7/6-7/11... i booked right after they announced so i'm sure rates have started to go up. i just checked my exact flight, its 661$ now, went up 110$...
    Post edited by rustneversleeps on
  • Options
    my2hands said:

Noload said:

7/7-7/11 and 7/8-7/11 is also 661$ from PHL to Montrose. cars last i check are in the 200$ range. thats for 7/6-7/11, less days will be cheaper obviously.
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435

from what little i know it was also ron blair and steve ferrone not sure if they are in the same configuration that exists today. the only utube vids i found weren't new so who knows. for sure mike c though. no idea about what they play but i'm guessing tom doesn't want them writing their own songs too much lol. it really is a one off that they are playing. i have a cool dirty knobs tour shirt that i will be wearing at the t'ride gig. got it many years ago from a long lost tom friend out west. the dk got a pretty high billing in the latest poster(right under cage and pe jam) which is cool.

Interesting. Looks like they played a few gigs in 2015 and there are clips from those on youtube. I noticed their placement in the billing too, and thought it was kind of strange for what seems to be a (good) bar/cover band.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options

We will be driving thru Montrose on the way out Monday morning. We have room for a couple of people if that helps.
  • Options
    Am I the only one who was crazy enough to go to this thing? Is it sold out yet? I must be the only one who can't assemble a tent.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,490
    Noload said:

Am I the only one who was crazy enough to go to this thing? Is it sold out yet? I must be the only one who can't assemble a tent.

No, not sold out yet as i just checked.
  • Options
    EL177913EL177913 Posts: 220
    Bump! Still can't believe I get to go to this!
    1992: 8/7 Mansfield MA
    2000: 8/29 Mansfield MA
    2004: 9/28+29 Boston MA, 10/1 Reading PA, 10/6 Asheville NC, 10/8 Kissimmee FL
    2005: 9/15 Montreal, 9/16 Ottawa,ON 9/22 Halifax Nova Scotia, p9/24+25 St Johns, Newfoundland
    2006: 5/12 Albany NY, 5/13 Hartford CT, 5/24+ 25 Boston MA, 5/27+28 Camden NJ
    2008: 6/28+30 Mansfield MA, 8/2 EV Boston MA
    2009: 10/30+ 31 Philly
    2010: 5/15 Hartford CT, 5/17 Boston MA
    2011: 9/3+4 PJ20, Alpine Valley WI, 6/15 EV Providence RI, 6/16 EV Boston MA
    2013: 7/19 Chicago, 10/15+16 Worcester MA, 10/25 Hartford CT
    2014: 10/19 St Paul MN
    2016: (5/1+2 MSG, 8/5+7 Fenway)
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Will be wonderful experience.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    Can't wait. I'm more excited for this than any show I've seen. Even if it is a "greatest hits", it's going to be a great time. Are many people at Town Park Campground? There are three of us coming from Wisconsin. Arriving Thursday afternoon/evening.
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,351

Can't wait. I'm more excited for this than any show I've seen. Even if it is a "greatest hits", it's going to be a great time. Are many people at Town Park Campground? There are three of us coming from Wisconsin. Arriving Thursday afternoon/evening.

Lol 3 of us here as well traveling from Wisconsin. Also staying at town park. Think we will be arriving Friday afternoon.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    How interesting would it be if they only sold half capacity? The town park campground passes are usually gone the first week. Still available. I imagine there is still a ton of tickets left.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    May sell single day passes.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    callen said:

May sell single day passes.

I imagine there will be a lot of pissed off people if that happens.
  • Options
    they told me the lodging in town sold, or is selling much faster than other years. I can see the majority of pearl jams fans wanting hotels rather than camping. that would explain town park camping still being available.
  • Options
    100 days to go bump