Options

THE RIDE FESTIVAL?!?!

Comments

• Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,648
    mcgruff10 said:

So $130 a day for an all day festival is expensive? Okay.

Maybe for hippies.

I thought the same thing! One msg ticket was $103 through ticketmaster; so you are talking about paying another $27 to see pj and a lot of other bands in a gorgeous setting.
    Not to mention the 3-4 hour time block for PJ!
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,985

mcgruff10 said:

Maybe for hippies.

I thought the same thing! One msg ticket was $103 through ticketmaster; so you are talking about paying another $27 to see pj and a lot of other bands in a gorgeous setting.
    Not to mention the 3-4 hour time block for PJ!
    Plus this is their smallest show as of now!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    UtahBoltUtahBolt Posts: 188
    The ticket prices are expensive for sure, but for me, when I factor in the kids are free it was a no brainer. My girls have never been to a PJ concert (they rarely come through Utah) and now they get to go to their first show in this amazing setting. They are as excited as I am...
  • Options
    The more I look at and learn about Telluride, the more I think this one is going to be one for the ages. I am actually more excited about this than any of the other shows I am attending this year ( a list that includes Fenway, Wrigley and MSG)
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    In 1987, the year I graduated, I made a choice NOT to go see the Greatful Dead in Telluride and tried to be a responsible person and actually started a new job just out of school instead. AND I AM STILL PISSED ABOUT IT! So I am not making this mistake again.

We will be a captive audience. You are pretty much locked in to town once you get there. The band wont feel they have to play some of the staples each night so it should be two completely different shows. Not sure about this whole 4hr set on Saturday? This is not on the official site, just someones FB post?

I am coming in from Portland, OR. Tix and room are booked (got the last cheap room in town $550 for two nights, trust me that is cheap). I have been to a blues and brews fest here back in 99 and 95 saw Los Lobos and others at a summer concert. Not to mention I lived just up the road in Montrose for 10yrs. So I can tell you this is a special place, I cannot wait to hear Eddie sing its praises.

The countdown has begun T-120 days till the show!
    Paramount Theater 94 (my first show)
    Red Rocks 95 (the best venue)
    Fiddlers Green 98 (good 10c seats)
    Albuquerque 00 (good road trip, best 10c seats)
    Pepsi Center 03 (best show)
    Pepsi Center 06 X 2 (still mad about TPHB)
    Portland 09
    Up Next :Telluride x 2 16
  • Options

In 1987, the year I graduated, I made a choice NOT to go see the Greatful Dead in Telluride and tried to be a responsible person and actually started a new job just out of school instead. AND I AM STILL PISSED ABOUT IT! So I am not making this mistake again.

We will be a captive audience. You are pretty much locked in to town once you get there. The band wont feel they have to play some of the staples each night so it should be two completely different shows. Not sure about this whole 4hr set on Saturday? This is not on the official site, just someones FB post?

I am coming in from Portland, OR. Tix and room are booked (got the last cheap room in town $550 for two nights, trust me that is cheap). I have been to a blues and brews fest here back in 99 and 95 saw Los Lobos and others at a summer concert. Not to mention I lived just up the road in Montrose for 10yrs. So I can tell you this is a special place, I cannot wait to hear Eddie sing its praises.

Its on the official The Ride Festival facebook page

Someone asked how long PJ was playing and the Ride Festival responded "3-4 hours" and "7-11 pm"
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

They are only playing 1 night
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,114
    They should have gotten The Vines to play, so they could play this image

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL_dI3GtB4o
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    irishgal21irishgal21 Denver, CO, USA Posts: 53
    edited March 2016
    Got my GA ticket and an Airbnb in Ridgway (an hour away)! I live in Denver and will be driving over on Friday.

I'm rolling solo to this show and would love to meet up with other folks. Doesn't sound like there will be time/opportunity/venue for a Wishlist pre-party, understandably.

I play roller derby as "Betty Vedder" (#10) and will have my jersey on, so please say "hi" if you see me!
    Post edited by irishgal21 on
  • Options
    JogillJogill Posts: 4,549

Got my GA ticket and an Airbnb in Ridgeway (an hour away)! I live in Denver and will be driving over on Friday.

I'm rolling solo to this show and would love to meet up with other folks. Doesn't sound like there will be time/opportunity/venue for a Wishlist pre-party, understandably.

I play roller derby as "Betty Vedder" (#10) and will have my jersey on, so please say "hi" if you see me!

I will keep a lookout for you! I'll be rolling solo too and driving from Montana! So closer to the weekend I will be in touch!
    late PJ bloomer- what was I doing in the 90's that I didn't know who Pearl Jam was???
  • Options
    EL177913EL177913 Posts: 220

So weed is legal in Colorado. What does this mean in terms of bringing weed into the venue? Can I bring a bunch in and share it, or do I need to be more discrete and smoke before I go in/ hide it on my way in? I'm only there for 48 hours and want to make the most of it!

1992: 8/7 Mansfield MA
    2000: 8/29 Mansfield MA
    2004: 9/28+29 Boston MA, 10/1 Reading PA, 10/6 Asheville NC, 10/8 Kissimmee FL
    2005: 9/15 Montreal, 9/16 Ottawa,ON 9/22 Halifax Nova Scotia, p9/24+25 St Johns, Newfoundland
    2006: 5/12 Albany NY, 5/13 Hartford CT, 5/24+ 25 Boston MA, 5/27+28 Camden NJ
    2008: 6/28+30 Mansfield MA, 8/2 EV Boston MA
    2009: 10/30+ 31 Philly
    2010: 5/15 Hartford CT, 5/17 Boston MA
    2011: 9/3+4 PJ20, Alpine Valley WI, 6/15 EV Providence RI, 6/16 EV Boston MA
    2013: 7/19 Chicago, 10/15+16 Worcester MA, 10/25 Hartford CT
    2014: 10/19 St Paul MN
    2016: (5/1+2 MSG, 8/5+7 Fenway)
  • Options
    irishgal21irishgal21 Denver, CO, USA Posts: 53
    EL177913 said:

So weed is legal in Colorado. What does this mean in terms of bringing weed into the venue? Can I bring a bunch in and share it, or do I need to be more discrete and smoke before I go in/ hide it on my way in? I'm only there for 48 hours and want to make the most of it!

Some light reading for you:
    https://www.coloradopotguide.com/marijuana-laws-in-colorado/
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,508

Maybe for hippies.

It is for someone like me who only likes one band. Plus, when you count travel/lodging expenses, it's way too much.

And, i'm no hippie>LOL!!
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited March 2016
    cutz said:

Maybe for hippies.

It is for someone like me who only likes one band. Plus, when you count travel/lodging expenses, it's way too much.

And, i'm no hippie>LOL!!
    There is definitely a lot of added costs. It costs 23 dollars a night to camp in town park with your car before the festival. When the weekend starts you have to pay for a car pass and a pass for each person, which I think is a little shitty, but basic supply and demand. Not to mention the hotel costs being marked up like crazy. I originally volunteered to ensure I would have tickets, not knowing if this would sell out or not. Was glad I did when I saw the price. If it was more reasonable, I would cancel volunteering and buy a ticket. I don't blame anyone for passing.
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,353
    edited March 2016
    It's only expensive if you have already invested into going to other shows. I held out from purchasing any of the shows announced in January in anticipation of west coast dates. (Live in Wisconsin) When this was announced it was a no brainer! I mean look at the place!! Capacity of only 11k! Lots of other good music over an entire weekend and get to camp with fellow fans! It's a weekend long party at heaven on earth!!
    Post edited by primussucks on
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,608
    edited March 2016
    cutz said:

Maybe for hippies.

And, i'm no hippie>LOL!!
    Well, yeah, but it isn't just a Pearl Jam concert, and it isn't in Atlanta, Dallas, or NYC where there is a hub for a major airline? I'm not going to complain that BMW prices for an M5 are way too high when I'm looking for a Honda Civic.

It sounds like some of us are expecting the festival to pay us to come since the lodging and travel costs so much.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,718

EL177913 said:

Some light reading for you:
    https://www.coloradopotguide.com/marijuana-laws-in-colorado/
    In Oregon the norm seems to be to sneak it in, but people are really only discreet if security is standing 10 feet in front of them. I haven't seen a difference between indoor and outdoor shows. It's dialed down some if there are young teenagers/kids around.
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435

Not sure if many have noticed but The Dirty Knobs have been added to the lineup. This band is fronted my Mike Campbell of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. Found some youtube videos. They are pretty good!

I saw the name but didn't know it was Mike Campbell. That's pretty rad!

I am surprised Town Park camping didn't sell out first day. Basically if you live in Colorado and don't LOVE Pearl Jam, you wouldn't be paying $280 for a ticket to this (and top it off with camping passes, travel, etc). It's a luxury show for sure. I am sure people who normally would have gone from close by are skipping it due to costs.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited March 2016

Not sure if many have noticed but The Dirty Knobs have been added to the lineup. This band is fronted my Mike Campbell of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. Found some youtube videos. They are pretty good!

I saw the name but didn't know it was Mike Campbell. That's pretty rad!

I am surprised Town Park camping didn't sell out first day. Basically if you live in Colorado and don't LOVE Pearl Jam, you wouldn't be paying $280 for a ticket to this (and top it off with camping passes, travel, etc). It's a luxury show for sure. I am sure people who normally would have gone from close by are skipping it due to costs.
    I agree. Although, I think it will sell out eventually. If it doesn't, makes it easier to be close to the stage. Imagine seeing PJ these days in a crowd of less than 10000 people.
  • Options
    weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179
    holy i missed that the dirty knobs will be there. from what i know/remember its like all the heartbrakers(ron&steve) minus tom&benmont. they hardly do shows so that is very cool of them being there! i still need one more reason justify seeing this show. having done t'ride last year for the bluegrass fest which is $340/ticket which includes a 4day ticket and 4 days TP camping. (both)
    imo, this will be THE PJ show of the year and i'm not even talking about the setlist! that's a distant 2nd to the box canyon and bridal falls....
  • Options

holy i missed that the dirty knobs will be there. from what i know/remember its like all the heartbrakers(ron&steve) minus tom&benmont. they hardly do shows so that is very cool of them being there! i still need one more reason justify seeing this show. having done t'ride last year for the bluegrass fest which is $340/ticket which includes a 4day ticket and 4 days TP camping. (both)
    imo, this will be THE PJ show of the year and i'm not even talking about the setlist! that's a distant 2nd to the box canyon and bridal falls....

Is bridal falls within walking distance of the park?
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,587

Yes depending on your level of health, fitness, and altitude adjustment.

If I remember correctly its about 2.5 miles to the base and the another couple of miles up the mining road to the top at Bridal Veil Power Station. It's an easy hike but if you don't do well at altitude it could be a problem.

They can be seen from the park and most of town as well.

• Options

Yes depending on your level of health, fitness, and altitude adjustment.

If I remember correctly its about 2.5 miles to the base and the another couple of miles up the mining road to the top at Bridal Veil Power Station. It's an easy hike but if you don't do well at altitude it could be a problem.

They can be seen from the park and most of town as well.

Thank you! Physically I'm here in wisconsin but mentally the last few days I'm already there. Can't wait to get there! Gonna drive to Denver and spend the night to hopefully help get adjusted to the altitude.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options

What if they are just listing it as the Dirty Knobs but you know who shows up to lead them through Wildflowers in its entirety?? :)
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

• Options
    weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179
    it can't be said enough good people. drink lots of water when you are at that kind of elevation in telluride. all day. especially if you are drinking alcohol.
    they have good clean free water in the festival to help you out...just bring in your reusable water bottle and refill all day as you need
    when you hit dangerous levels of dehydration it is already TOO late
    hiking to bridal falls is possible but you should be in good physical shape to do it. hiking UP from 8000ft above sea level is a lot harder that you think if you have never done it before...which is why i opted to sit on the park bench and just blaze&gaze at the falls ;)
  • Options

it can't be said enough good people. drink lots of water when you are at that kind of elevation in telluride. all day. especially if you are drinking alcohol.
    they have good clean free water in the festival to help you out...just bring in your reusable water bottle and refill all day as you need
    hiking to bridal falls is possible but you should be in good physical shape to do it. hiking UP from 8000ft above sea level is a lot harder that you think if you have never done it before...which is why i opted to sit on the park bench and just blaze&gaze at the falls ;)

Everything above is true

But I'd like to add that being in good health and/or ohysically fit doesn't equal easy altitude adjustment. If you have a history of issues at altitude or arent sure how you would do then be very careful while in Telluride. Altitude sickness is never fun.

Hydrate hydrate hydrate
  • Options

Everything above is true

But I'd like to add that being in good health and/or ohysically fit doesn't equal easy altitude adjustment. If you have a history of issues at altitude or arent sure how you would do then be very careful while in Telluride. Altitude sickness is never fun.

Hydrate hydrate hydrate
    So you're saying people should smoke as much weed as possible while they're there? :) Can't wait to see people who get high as a kite while they're battling altitude problems!

• Options

Everything above is true

Hydrate hydrate hydrate
    So you're saying people should smoke as much weed as possible while they're there? :) Can't wait to see people who get high as a kite while they're battling altitude problems!
    There will be lots of people there who rarely smoke pot or havent in years and they smoke up some of Colorados very potent weed and wake up in the hospital. Not a fun way to spend your vacation.
  • Options

Everything above is true

Hydrate hydrate hydrate
    There will be lots of people there who rarely smoke pot or havent in years and they smoke up some of Colorados very potent weed and wake up in the hospital. Not a fun way to spend your vacation.
    Now... That's a good way to spend your $280 ticket.