Options

No to increased taxes

Comments

• Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Agree with the Tremonti take
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    I have been taking dissenting opinions for days from this super liberal crowd. No one got butt hurt until you came in whining about Canada hate. Google helps find information but it is full of more one sided opinions than useful information. Using random things found on Google to form your opinion is the same as using only foxnews or the daily show to do the same.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,743

I have been taking dissenting opinions for days from this super liberal crowd. No one got butt hurt until you came in whining about Canada hate. Google helps find information but it is full of more one sided opinions than useful information. Using random things found on Google to form your opinion is the same as using only foxnews or the daily show to do the same.

If that's your take on so be it, not surprising just disappointing.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    And your take on paying more by way of Insurance and out-of-pocket over universal healthcare? Let's talk facts.
  • Options
    And you know dividing us into liberal versus conservative does nothing to help the state of our country right now. Let's talk solutions not labels.
  • Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964

Why should I pay for all this extra stuff Bernie and Hillary want to do? I am a self made man. I went into the Marine Corps at 19. I earned my GI Bill and used that to better myself in my late 20's when I went back to school. I took a bus for 6 hours to get from school to work, slept a few hours and repeated that process the next day. I worked hard to get where I am at. Anyone could have done what I did. No one gave me anything. So when I see Bernie and Hillary wanting to pay for all this extra stuff I say fuck that. They will push me down to raise others up. I say hell no. They can fund their communist plans in another country.

Say yes to the American dream again. Say yes to Rubio in 2016! He may be a robot but at least he gets it. Or his people do, either way Rubio in 2016!

>$20 in a year
    >I'm being robbed!

what a selfish way of thinking. "I had a tough life, and everyone else should too." If you took a bath in your self love you'd drown.
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    Free said:

And you know dividing us into liberal versus conservative does nothing to help the state of our country right now. Let's talk solutions not labels.

Maybe you should tell that to the 95% ultra liberal posters on this site.Who never pass judgement when you don't agree with them.
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    ehbacon said:

Why should I pay for all this extra stuff Bernie and Hillary want to do? I am a self made man. I went into the Marine Corps at 19. I earned my GI Bill and used that to better myself in my late 20's when I went back to school. I took a bus for 6 hours to get from school to work, slept a few hours and repeated that process the next day. I worked hard to get where I am at. Anyone could have done what I did. No one gave me anything. So when I see Bernie and Hillary wanting to pay for all this extra stuff I say fuck that. They will push me down to raise others up. I say hell no. They can fund their communist plans in another country.

Say yes to the American dream again. Say yes to Rubio in 2016! He may be a robot but at least he gets it. Or his people do, either way Rubio in 2016!

>$20 in a year
    >I'm being robbed!

what a selfish way of thinking. "I had a tough life, and everyone else should too." If you took a bath in your self love you'd drown.
    Complacency is the tool used to keep people down. Throw people small bones here and there to make them kind of happy. I'm very happy for people that made themselves into top earners. If you stop treating people like they can't help themselves maybe they will start helping themselves. There is a need for programs to help people in need. There is not a need to support people for the rest of their lives unless it is extreme circumstances. The American Dream was to improve your station in life. Let's go back to people wanting that as their dream.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    Some of y
    ehbacon said:

>$20 in a year
    >I'm being robbed!

This has nothing to do with what the OP said.
    And why the fuck is it selfish?
    When did the OP want anyone to have a tough life?
    You guys are fucking hypocrites.You preach the peace and love but only for those that agree with you.Classy.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    rr165892 said:

Nope

• Options
    What does that even mean
  • Options

ehbacon said:

>$20 in a year
    >I'm being robbed!

Complacency is the tool used to keep people down. Throw people small bones here and there to make them kind of happy. I'm very happy for people that made themselves into top earners. If you stop treating people like they can't help themselves maybe they will start helping themselves. There is a need for programs to help people in need. There is not a need to support people for the rest of their lives unless it is extreme circumstances. The American Dream was to improve your station in life. Let's go back to people wanting that as their dream.
    That requires hard work and effort.Its much easier having someone else do the hard work,all while you can sit back and receive treats from the govt goody bag.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    What was this thread about again? Canada?
    Health care?
    ;)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    What you people fail to realize is that, surprisingly, times have changed since some of you were in high school/college. A college degree now is what a high school degree was 40 years ago, and you didn't have to pay for a high school degree. If we are going to expect at least a 4 year degree from kids like me, how is it fair that I have to be insanely deep in debt to be where you were for free? It's bad enough that we have to do 4 extra years, more if you want what a college degree was 40 years ago.

People are such hypocrites, they underestimate how hard people like me have to work. A lot of times I get home, start my homework, and don't finish until I go to sleep. And why do I do this? Because I take as many AP classes as possible in high school to save money on college. I'm eligible to graduate a year early from high school, and as long as I keep my grades up and get at least a 30 on my ACT, that's what I'll be doing. Although I will have to spend more money, I will not have to waste as much time.

I got my first grey hair one month ago during semester finals. I have gone through many periods of deep depression, and if it weren't for guitar and music, I probably would've been suicidal. A lot of my friends are the same way.

So yeah, I think that kids like me should get more financial help. I personally don't give a rats ass if you have to spend an extra $20 a year on taxes, I have to destroy my youth with stress and depression. Shitty trade in my opinion.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191
    edited February 2016
    ehbacon said:

What you people fail to realize is that, surprisingly, times have changed since some of you were in high school/college. A college degree now is what a high school degree was 40 years ago, and you didn't have to pay for a high school degree. If we are going to expect at least a 4 year degree from kids like me, how is it fair that I have to be insanely deep in debt to be where you were for free? It's bad enough that we have to do 4 extra years, more if you want what a college degree was 40 years ago.

People are such hypocrites, they underestimate how hard people like me have to work. A lot of times I get home, start my homework, and don't finish until I go to sleep. And why do I do this? Because I take as many AP classes as possible in high school to save money on college. I'm eligible to graduate a year early from high school, and as long as I keep my grades up and get at least a 30 on my ACT, that's what I'll be doing. Although I will have to spend more money, I will not have to waste as much time.

I got my first grey hair one month ago during semester finals. I have gone through many periods of deep depression, and if it weren't for guitar and music, I probably would've been suicidal. A lot of my friends are the same way.

So yeah, I think that kids like me should get more financial help. I personally don't give a rats ass if you have to spend an extra $20 a year on taxes, I have to destroy my youth with stress and depression. Shitty trade in my opinion.

hey kid, i appreciate what you are saying. some of us agree with u. just wanna say save yourself the trouble and don't get into pissing matches with these cats. we are all jaded on here for the most part. i know that i speak for more than myself when i say that we are all pulling for the youth today. not trying to be condescending.. just trying to save you the wasted effort so you can focus on your studies. and keep contributing if you feel like it. your voice counts and don't forget it. viva la vinyl.
    Post edited by lolobugg on

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    I'm sorry that things are so stressful - we all went through this age but every person and time experiences things differently.
    Keep playing the guitar, like what you have posted and if it helps as an outlet for your stress that is great.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    lolobugg said:

ehbacon said:

hey kid, i appreciate what you are saying. some of us agree with u. just wanna say save yourself the trouble and don't get into pissing matches with these cats. we are all jaded on here for the most part. i know that i speak for more than myself when i say that we are all pulling for the youth today. not trying to be condescending.. just trying to save you the wasted effort so you can focus on your studies. and keep contributing if you feel like it. your voice counts and don't forget it. viva la vinyl.
    I take breaks at times to save my sanity, my work deteriorates pretty quickly if I work nonstop for hours and hours.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191
    edited February 2016
    ehbacon said:

lolobugg said:

ehbacon said:

I take breaks at times to save my sanity, my work deteriorates pretty quickly if I work nonstop for hours and hours.
    i hear ya. you got to represent us like we did when we lose our way like these damn baby boomers.we will be the damn baby boomers some day. rest up, my friend. plenty of time to go!!!
    Post edited by lolobugg on

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    rgambs said:

http://benjaminstudebaker.com/2016/02/05/why-bernie-vs-hillary-matters-more-than-people-think/

OP, read this, pay attention to that first graph, tell me your thoughts. I want to talk about the issue, not your employment with the military.

Once you read that the Huffington Post "honored" the author you should realize the article is leftist drivel.
  • Options
    See above.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,663
    edited February 2016
    ehbacon said:

lolobugg said:

ehbacon said:

Good luck to you. My daughter is a 17 year old junior and is doing the same thing. She's in the kitchen now, working diligently on a Junior Achievement project that she is teaching tomorrow. She's doing that so that she gets enough hours in public service for her college applications. She's also taking straight AP courses so that she can save money on all of those survey/101 classes. The real issue is that the cost of college is just out of control. It defies economic principles. I'll give you two pieces of advice, as I'm in financial services and seen a lot of people may some expensive mistakes;
    1. Undergrad is great, but don't spend 50k a year on it. You will dig a hole you can't get out of. Your grad degree is much more important to recruiters.
    2. Get a real degree, even if you don't like it. My undergrads are in History and English. I just got lucky and got into a particular company when it was taking off. Get your undergrad in something that people always need.. like accounting, computer science or engineering. Forget marketing, sociology, English, etc. Once your in a company, you can move around, do different things, you won't be bored. Getting in is the trick but then your effort, diligence, etc. will show up.
    3. Be the ball, Danny
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Options
    Gonna double major in Psychology and Pharmacology, minor in Nuerology. If I decide I'm in a god enough financial state to proceed further in education, I'd like to get a doctorate in Pyschopharmacology.
  • Options
    ehbacon said:

Gonna double major in Psychology and Pharmacology, minor in Nuerology. If I decide I'm in a god enough financial state to proceed further in education, I'd like to get a doctorate in Pyschopharmacology.

Well there sure won't be a shortage of drugs or people needing drugs. Looks like you have a good plan. You are choosing a profession, not a degree. Big difference.

It is amazing, sad, impressive, distressing, etc. what students have to go through today to get in the best schools. Grades, varsity letters, charity, etc. It is high stress and much different than it was 20 years ago. My daughter works 100x harder than I did at her age...of course I went to a giant state school where the undergrad credits were $35 per hour..
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    edited February 2016
    mrussel1 said:

ehbacon said:

Well there sure won't be a shortage of drugs or people needing drugs. Looks like you have a good plan. You are choosing a profession, not a degree. Big difference.

It is amazing, sad, impressive, distressing, etc. what students have to go through today to get in the best schools. Grades, varsity letters, charity, etc. It is high stress and much different than it was 20 years ago. My daughter works 100x harder than I did at her age...of course I went to a giant state school where the undergrad credits were $35 per hour..
    "best" schools are subjective BS and will decide in landing some jobs like big law firms who only hire from Harvard/Stanford etc. Go to a JC then transfer.

I hired a lot of people because I liked them in the interview not what shcool they went to.

The drive to get into the "best" school, land the "best" job, have 2.1 kids, work like mad,retire, then die of a heart attack ain't living. But is the American dream.
  • Options
    Smellyman said:

mrussel1 said:

ehbacon said:

"best" schools are subjective BS and will decide in landing some jobs like big law firms who only hire from Harvard/Stanford etc. Go to a JC then transfer.

I hired a lot of people because I liked them in the interview not what shcool they went to.

The drive to get into the "best" school, land the "best" job, have 2.1 kids, work like mad,retire, then die of a heart attack ain't living. But is the American dream.
    That's nice. But it wasn't really my point of the post.
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    This thread
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Smellyman said:

mrussel1 said:

ehbacon said:

mrussel1 said:

Smellyman said:

mrussel1 said:

ehbacon said:

That's nice. But it wasn't really my point of the post.
    You stated Kids now work harder than we did to get into the 'best' schools,(which I don't think is true either.) I stated why it isn't as important as it seems.

If I missed it, what is your point?
    Post edited by Smellyman on
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    mrussel1 said:

ehbacon said:

lolobugg said:

ehbacon said:

Good luck to you. My daughter is a 17 year old junior and is doing the same thing. She's in the kitchen now, working diligently on a Junior Achievement project that she is teaching tomorrow. She's doing that so that she gets enough hours in public service for her college applications. She's also taking straight AP courses so that she can save money on all of those survey/101 classes. The real issue is that the cost of college is just out of control. It defies economic principles. I'll give you two pieces of advice, as I'm in financial services and seen a lot of people may some expensive mistakes;
    1. Undergrad is great, but don't spend 50k a year on it. You will dig a hole you can't get out of. Your grad degree is much more important to recruiters.
    2. Get a real degree, even if you don't like it. My undergrads are in History and English. I just got lucky and got into a particular company when it was taking off. Get your undergrad in something that people always need.. like accounting, computer science or engineering. Forget marketing, sociology, English, etc. Once your in a company, you can move around, do different things, you won't be bored. Getting in is the trick but then your effort, diligence, etc. will show up.

Hmmm. Point 2. While I think it is important to come out with a 'real' degree it is also very disheartening to think about. What would happen to our society if everybody came out of university with a business or science degree? Do I regret sometimes that I studied literature? Sometimes yes but at the end of the day no. If people stopped studying literature and philosophy the consequences to our society would be...catastrophic.

• Options
    EH,I echo what Lolo said.We are a bunch of cranky old fuckers.Like walking into a red ant hill.
    I've put 3 thru college.2 are still there.We know all about your struggles and commitment and I can tell you all of us Moms and Dads on here are in your corner and pulling for you,regardless of the debate de jour.We are not as disconnected from youth as you may think.

Just remember. A degree is good and all but A combine tractor mechanic working for Catapiller makes 150,000 a year.My point is There are many good options other then 200k in dept.So no need to stress.You can still be very successful without a college degree.Hard work and good mind will take you wherever you need to go.If your passion needs a degree then go get it.But many paths you can follow.And I'll echo something my 25 yo son said recently when we were discussing this stuff."No one has ever asked to see my degree or diploma in any interview.just a piece of paper.How you interview and your personality makes more of a difference"
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    rr165892 said:

EH,I echo what Lolo said.We are a bunch of cranky old fuckers.Like walking into a red ant hill.
    I've put 3 thru college.2 are still there.We know all about your struggles and commitment and I can tell you all of us Moms and Dads on here are in your corner and pulling for you,regardless of the debate de jour.We are not as disconnected from youth as you may think.

Just remember. A degree is good and all but A combine tractor mechanic working for Catapiller makes 150,000 a year.My point is There are many good options other then 200k in dept.So no need to stress.You can still be very successful without a college degree.Hard work and good mind will take you wherever you need to go.If your passion needs a degree then go get it.But many paths you can follow.And I'll echo something my 25 yo son said recently when we were discussing this stuff."No one has ever asked to see my degree or diploma in any interview.just a piece of paper.How you interview and your personality makes more of a difference"

I know someone who never went to college, but his resume said he did and is very high up in a very big tech company. All because of that first job he applied for.