Options

Copenhagen june 26 2007

Comments

• Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    moho wrote:
    Eh? Noob? Believe me i aint a noob to queuing for concerts! I may not have been to many Pearl Jam gigs (2) (and i queued for a fair bit for both) but i can remember some queuing for other gigs that was nearly 12 hrs long. :D
    if you think people start queuing only when they got the ticket you must be ;)
  • Options
    mohomoho Posts: 541
    Pegasus wrote:
    if you think people start queuing only when they got the ticket you must be ;)

Ah i see what you mean,
    nah see i tried to make it more atractive to myself by saying that its only 1hr45mins. i'm trying to delay the inevitable realisation that I will have to get to the venue early that morning!
    JUST PLAY THE F***ING NOTE!!!
  • Options
    BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With all this Wembly talk does anyone not able to make it feel left out? We all know the better show will be in Copenhagen on the 26th ;) wembly is just the warm up for it :D
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    moho wrote:
    BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With all this Wembly talk does anyone not able to make it feel left out? We all know the better show will be in Copenhagen on the 26th ;) wembly is just the warm up for it :D
    you're right moho !
    I can't wat for that show...
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    Julien wrote:
    you're right moho !
    I can't wat for that show...

I had a little day dream today that while all the 10C people are sitting and waiting outside the 10C seperate entrance along comes eddie with a guitar, sits down with us and starts singing some songs....

Then i sort of woke up and realised that its never gonna happen.......

But it might

But it wont

But it might
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Lol, I love PJ dreams, I had one last weekend where they played a tiny outdoor venue... I got sitting up the front, and got talking to Eddie afterwards, but he was 7' tall. Then Mike & Stone came back to my sisters house afterwards and stayed up drinking outside til it was bright.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Lol, I love PJ dreams, I had one last weekend where they played a tiny outdoor venue... I got sitting up the front, and got talking to Eddie afterwards, but he was 7' tall. Then Mike & Stone came back to my sisters house afterwards and stayed up drinking outside til it was bright.

See if that was me, I would have the dream that i was going to the after party with pearl jam, or they were coming to my house or something but it would never happen because i always wake up before the part im most looking forward to! :(
  • Options
    moho wrote:
    See if that was me, I would have the dream that i was going to the after party with pearl jam, or they were coming to my house or something but it would never happen because i always wake up before the part im most looking forward to! :(
    Awww :o well, it was really vivid when I was going up to Ed to introduce myself afterwards... I was sooooooooooo nervous and just waiting til he was finished talking to some other guy and I was trying to come up with something cool to say and just ended up saying 'I just want to thank you for always being there for me, you may not have known you were but you really were' :eek: god, I hope I come up with something better when I really DO meet him, lol. And he was polite and shook my hand and said like 'no problem' or something. I'm not quite sure how Mike and Stone ended up back at the house though but they were great craic. I'm always really intimidated by Ed in PJ dreams though :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Awww :o well, it was really vivid when I was going up to Ed to introduce myself afterwards... I was sooooooooooo nervous and just waiting til he was finished talking to some other guy and I was trying to come up with something cool to say and just ended up saying 'I just want to thank you for always being there for me, you may not have known you were but you really were' :eek: god, I hope I come up with something better when I really DO meet him, lol. And he was polite and shook my hand and said like 'no problem' or something. I'm not quite sure how Mike and Stone ended up back at the house though but they were great craic. I'm always really intimidated by Ed in PJ dreams though :o

I remember a dream meeting Ed in a pub on achill island (dunno why achill island!?!?!?!) anyway he was on surfing holiday And we said we would meet later and jam but the rest of the dream was me trying to go to the place where we were gonna jam and always getting delayed by little things and just as it looked like i was nearly there i fecking wake up!!!!!!
  • Options
    moho wrote:
    I remember a dream meeting Ed in a pub on achill island (dunno why achill island!?!?!?!) anyway he was on surfing holiday And we said we would meet later and jam but the rest of the dream was me trying to go to the place where we were gonna jam and always getting delayed by little things and just as it looked like i was nearly there i fecking wake up!!!!!!
    :o oh no... but at least ya met him and he wanted to jam :)

Dreams are fucking weird... like why were we at my SISTERS house anyway? She lives in feckin Cavan... although I'm pretty sure the gig was in the midlands somewhere anyway... like one of those folk festivals but there was about 5 people there and my seat was way at the back. Halfway through, I thought 'there's no reason I can't go sit at the front' :D so I moved... it was just SO real. I woke up feeling really happy, lol.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    :o oh no... but at least ya met him and he wanted to jam :)

Dreams are fucking weird... like why were we at my SISTERS house anyway? She lives in feckin Cavan... although I'm pretty sure the gig was in the midlands somewhere anyway... like one of those folk festivals but there was about 5 people there and my seat was way at the back. Halfway through, I thought 'there's no reason I can't go sit at the front' :D so I moved... it was just SO real. I woke up feeling really happy, lol.

The midlands? I can imagine the bill now
    DANIEL O'DONELL
    DECLAN O'ROURKE
    DANA

plus:
    Mickey Harte
    Pearl Jam
    AND
    Joe Dolan
  • Options
    moho wrote:
    DANIEL O'DONELL
    DECLAN O'ROURKE
    DANA

plus:
    Mickey Harte
    Pearl Jam
    AND
    Joe Dolan
    :o yep... I think it MIGHT have been something like that. :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    http://www.copenhagenpictures.dk/tivoli.html

Saw this yesterday, got me excited!
  • Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,260
    moho wrote:
    DANIEL O'DONELL
    DECLAN O'ROURKE
    DANA

plus:
    Mickey Harte
    Pearl Jam
    AND
    Joe Dolan

...also Ed could do a song or two on his own with Christy Moore...that actually would be brilliant!!
  • Options
    JordyWordy wrote:
    ...also Ed could do a song or two on his own with Christy Moore...that actually would be brilliant!!
    :) Now THERE'S an interesting collaberation I'd never have thought of.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    mary-katemary-kate Posts: 16
    I'm in so so so bad need of 2 tickets. Starting to panic now ...
  • Options
    danedane Posts: 1,062
    Finally back from vacation and back on the board. On the flight down to Greece the inflight magazine had an article about Copenhagen, in particular about the city bikes that we've spoken of before. Did you know that 20 % of the bikes disappears every year and that only 4 % are found again? Interesting fact, eh?
    And an even more mindblowing fact is that PEARL JAM ROCKS COPENHAGEN A MONTH FROM NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    KirkwoodKirkwood Posts: 228
    Have an eye on ebay, have seen 2 auctions on copenhaven tickets, the last one was sold for 400$ for 2 tickets, so thats pretty much what you have to pay if you not find a "fan" who wants to sell
    2006 Paris, Prague
    2007 Munich, Katowice, Kopenhaven, Nijmegen
  • Options
    Actually, a guy in England sold 2 Copenhagen tickets for 300 pounds - $596 on Ebay this morning!
    Live and let live
    That's what I always say
    Anyone who can't understand that should be killed

-George Carlin
  • Options
    KirkwoodKirkwood Posts: 228
    So Found a ticket site in Sweden who is selling copenhaven tickets for about 200 euro each. Not the best deal=) but if someone is deperate.
    http://www.biljettshop.se
    Don´t know if you can read it in english and don´t know how relieble they are. But if someone need translation just let me know.
    2006 Paris, Prague
    2007 Munich, Katowice, Kopenhaven, Nijmegen
  • Options
    :) Now THERE'S an interesting collaberation I'd never have thought of.

Imagine Eddie singing Lisdoonvarna... hhahaha
  • Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,260
    moho wrote:
    Imagine Eddie singing Lisdoonvarna... hhahaha

or Black Is The Colour...they did thin lizzy last year anything could happen!! ;)
  • Options
    JordyWordy wrote:
    or Black Is The Colour...they did thin lizzy last year anything could happen!! ;)
    Nah... oh my god, what I wouldn't do to hear Ed sing Ride on :o wow!

Or Nancy Spain, I love that one.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Who is this Christy Moore? And why has he hijacked this thread?

No bad feeling though, since he seems to be the only thing that keeps this thread going.

Only 27 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    dane wrote:
    Who is this Christy Moore? And why has he hijacked this thread?

No bad feeling though, since he seems to be the only thing that keeps this thread going.

Only 27 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :D He's kinda like the Irish Bruce Springsteen... except completely different :p hope that helps. Highly respected songwriter and working class hero.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    :D He's kinda like the Irish Bruce Springsteen... except completely different :p hope that helps. Highly respected songwriter and working class hero.

OK. Checked out his HP and he has certainly been in the game for a while. Ed and him would make great friends......
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    dane wrote:
    OK. Checked out his HP and he has certainly been in the game for a while. Ed and him would make great friends......
    :) I reckon they would actually!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Enough about Christie, back to PJ! 27 days! Wahoo! I finished college today, exams et all and all i gotta do now is look forward to Copenhagen!
  • Options
    RiffJamRiffJam Posts: 143
    I'm going to be arriving at Copenhagen airport at five (tight in terms of timing I know but the only flight I can get). What would be the quickest way to get to the venue - metro or taxi?

Thanks to anyone who can advise!
    London 28-10-96, London 29-10-96, London 20-04-06, Dublin 23-08-06, Reading 27-08-06, Marseille 09-09-06, Berlin 23-09-06, Athens 30-09-06, Madrid 09-06-07, London18-06-07, Copenhagen 26-06-07, Boston 28-06-08, London 11-08-09, Rotterdam 13-08-09, Manchester 17-08-09, London 18-08-09, Toronto 21-08-09, Philadelphia 30-10-09, Philadelphia 31-10-09, Manchester 20-06-12, Manchester 21-06-12, Stockholm 07-07-12, Leeds 08-07-14, Milton Keynes 11-07-14, Boston 05-08-16, Amsterdam 12-06-18, London 18-06-18, Krakow 03-07-18, London 18-07-18, Copenhagen 05-07-22, London 08-07-22, Seattle 28-05-24, Seattle 30-05-24
  • Options
    RiffJam wrote:
    I'm going to be arriving at Copenhagen airport at five (tight in terms of timing I know but the only flight I can get). What would be the quickest way to get to the venue - metro or taxi?

Thanks to anyone who can advise!

I'm not shure if you would have to change trains. Other more metro-familiar ppl must answer that. But I do know that traffic at that time can be a bitch, so my guess is Metro.....
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07