Options

Copenhagen june 26 2007

Comments

• Options
    mohomoho Posts: 541
    dane wrote:
    Sounds to good to be true, right? They're parked around the city, mostly around train and Metro-stations I think. Just put a 20 DKK coin in the slot to release the lock and you're off. When you're done with it, park at one of the stations and you'll get your 20 DKK back! Don't throw it in the harbour or shit like that as some jerk-offs do.......

My god... thats cool! Here in Ireland there would be scumbags queing up to throw them in the Lifey, burn them, keep them for their drug deliveries etc.
    JUST PLAY THE F***ING NOTE!!!
  • Options
    danedane Posts: 1,062
    moho wrote:
    My god... thats cool! Here in Ireland there would be scumbags queing up to throw them in the Lifey, burn them, keep them for their drug deliveries etc.

That's pretty much what they do in Denmark, but somehow new bikes keep coming. Wont be long before they shut it down though. It has become a major moneydrain.......
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    Wash asked me to post our hotel details for Copenhagen, so here you go!

It's called Hotel Copenhagen. Address, email and website is below for ya.

Hotel Copenhagen
    Egilsgade 33
    2300 Copenhagen S
    Copenhagen
    Denmark

email: book@hotelcopenhagen.dk

website: http://www.hostelworld.com and http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/HotelCopenhagen-Copenhagen-8320 (that has more info on the Hotel).

Hope that helps a little! It was cheap when we booked too.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    ... bye
    Live and let live
    That's what I always say
    Anyone who can't understand that should be killed

-George Carlin
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...........i need a ticket!!!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Wash asked me to post our hotel details for Copenhagen, so here you go!

It's called Hotel Copenhagen. Address, email and website is below for ya.
    Thanks a million... I think the one posted below is more what I'm looking for though :o but at least now I know where yas are staying and I can stalk yas :)

Lol, just messing of course... but I'll be there from the saturday anyway and it looks like my friend isn't coming til the Monday so I could do with some company.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Hmm... I'm being fussy again. I want to be able to book a room where I can pay on arrival and that website doesn't allow me to do that.

Does anyone know what the hotel imperial is like?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    :D Oh ya mean for the CHEAP bastards? :p
    Watch it! You'd go cheap if you had to fly from Australia, too :p
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    Hinny wrote:
    Watch it! You'd go cheap if you had to fly from Australia, too :p
    :D Lol, actually no :o . I don't mind going cheap when I'm in London cos I get the flight cheap and it's a kinda discount weekend... but if I splash out on a flight I'm gonna splash on a hotel too :D

Sorry, I'm just weird like that :o

So I'm on the verge of booking this Hotel Imperial... tell me again, it was the Tivoli area we're going for, right? :confused:

Also it's weird cos a single room for 4 nights is 585euro... but they have a thing called Couples Therapy Standard Single Room which is single room PLUS champagne PLUS breakfast for the SAME price :confused: . It's a bit confusing though... why does it mention 'couples therapy' in the title? Do I have to pretend I'm taking a break from my boyfriend and need to attend therapy while I'm there? :o:confused:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    danleridanleri Posts: 497
    Also it's weird cos a single room for 4 nights is 585euro... but they have a thing called Couples Therapy Standard Single Room which is single room PLUS champagne PLUS breakfast for the SAME price :confused: . It's a bit confusing though... why does it mention 'couples therapy' in the title? Do I have to pretend I'm taking a break from my boyfriend and need to attend therapy while I'm there? :o:confused:

ahahah it sounds like it! :D pity I booked already, otherwise I would've gone for it myself! :D:D:D
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
  • Options
    danleri wrote:
    ahahah it sounds like it! :D pity I booked already, otherwise I would've gone for it myself! :D:D:D
    Well I've booked it anyway... fuck it, how bad can the therapy be if you get free champagne and breakfast? :D

It's not paid for anyway so I can always cancel it if something better comes up :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    Well I've booked it anyway... fuck it, how bad can the therapy be if you get free champagne and breakfast? :D

It's not paid for anyway so I can always cancel it if something better comes up :)

A champagne breakfast if you will!!

:D
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Options
    wash_ wrote:
    A champagne breakfast if you will!!

:D
    :D Yep... probably NOT quite the same on yer own :( but I'll enjoy it anyway :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options

Holy shit! You're really going all in! As I understand it, Hotel Imperial is a pretty fancy place. But hey, it could be a 2 $ low class motel as long as breakfast is served with champagne. ;)
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    mohomoho Posts: 541
    We got a place called the Bed and Bath. It seems to be in the outskirts of the city but its very small, two rooms only. Ours is the double ;)

But it seems very family run and cosy! Any danes here know it?
    JUST PLAY THE F***ING NOTE!!!
  • Options
    dane wrote:
    Holy shit! You're really going all in! As I understand it, Hotel Imperial is a pretty fancy place. But hey, it could be a 2 $ low class motel as long as breakfast is served with champagne. ;)
    :D Actually it works out at about 140euro per night I think, it was some kinda special offer. Which isn't totally excessive for treating yourself for your birthday... but that's really good to know :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    :D Actually it works out at about 140euro per night I think, it was some kinda special offer. Which isn't totally excessive for treating yourself for your birthday... but that's really good to know :)

Champagne for breakfast and Pearl Jam as the evening entertainment. That's what I call treating yourself!!

and bump btw.......
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    dane wrote:
    Champagne for breakfast and Pearl Jam as the evening entertainment. That's what I call treating yourself!!

and bump btw.......
    :D well I dunno where everyone's coming up with the Champagne breakfast cos there'll be champagne IN the room... but I doubt it will last til breakfast :D

Dane, I can't remember if it's been mentioned but has there been much press about PJ playing for the first time since Roskilde?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    edveddedvedd Posts: 152
    Heineken helen: no there has not been much press about pj playin denmark again.. it kinda surprised me too. the only thing that I have noticed were when the tour plans came.. but i think there will come some press-attention when the concert is about to happen.

damnit im looking forward to this concert!!!!!
  • Options
    Dane, I can't remember if it's been mentioned but has there been much press about PJ playing for the first time since Roskilde?

As Edvedd said, there has hardly been any press about it. I've heard it mentioned on the radio once on the day of the announcement and seen it on a danish music page (http://www.gaffa.dk) and they are known to be very "pro-jam".
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    Thanks you two :)

Lol at 'pro-jam'. Is that a new term??? :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Lol at 'pro-jam'. Is that a new term??? :D

Yeah, I just made that up. Afterwards I realized what a cool username it would have been. To those about to register I salute you and hand over this nick :)
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    The CayzerThe Cayzer Posts: 15
    still desparately looking for a Copenhagen ticket....just one...only one....10C or otherwise...I'm not fussy :)

PM me if you can help
  • Options
    There's a guy on http://www.gaffa.dk saying he has 2 tickets for the show. To be collected at his adress. E-mail: penussamf@hotmail.com

Let me know if he charges more than facevalue and I'll flood him.......
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    There's a guy on http://www.gaffa.dk saying he has 2 tickets for the show. To be collected at his adress in Copenhagen. E-mail: penussamf@hotmail.com

Let me know if he charges more than face value and I'll flood him.......

Edit: Double post. Sorry.
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    dane wrote:
    There's a guy on http://www.gaffa.dk saying he has 2 tickets for the show. To be collected at his adress. E-mail: penussamf@hotmail.com

Let me know if he charges more than facevalue and I'll flood him.......
    One thing people have to be careful about with the Copenhagen tickets buying them off others... is that the owners name is on the tickets and if you sell them you have to change the name... and everyone has to show id. Just so ya know.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    One thing people have to be careful about with the Copenhagen tickets buying them off others... is that the owners name is on the tickets and if you sell them you have to change the name... and everyone has to show id. Just so ya know.

Good point. Didn't think of that. Is it even possible to change the name on the ticket?
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    dane wrote:
    Good point. Didn't think of that. Is it even possible to change the name on the ticket?
    I think so... shite, I'm gonna have to look into that cos the guy who bought the tickets for me and him got a 10c ticket so I've to change them into my name :o . If I cna't do that, either he'll have to come with me on the normal tickets or he'll say 'fuck you, I got my 10c ticket' :eek: :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    I think so... shite, I'm gonna have to look into that cos the guy who bought the tickets for me and him got a 10c ticket so I've to change them into my name :o . If I cna't do that, either he'll have to come with me on the normal tickets or he'll say 'fuck you, I got my 10c ticket' :eek: :D

Stian gave me his 10c tickets in Athens. He spoke to Kerensa about it and it was fine. You should be ok :)
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Options
    wash_ wrote:
    Stian gave me his 10c tickets in Athens. He spoke to Kerensa about it and it was fine. You should be ok :)
    well it's a non 10c ticket so I'm not sure if Kerensa could do anything about it :o but the guy whose name is on it will be IN the 10c line... would that make a difference? :o

Dane youd probably know about this... maybe?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life