Options

Copenhagen june 26 2007

Comments

• Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    :eek: you have to show IDs for normal tickets? you're sure about that?

'cos the UK is probably the worse place in the world with touts problem and only Glastonbury has that, and only since this year..so I doubt it very much.
    Werchter ticket has the name on it..but they don't ask for ID (certainly doesn't say anything too that effect on the ticket..and it should if you're expected to carry an ID with you)

PS: I have 10c anyway so doesn't affect me...just find it unlikely.
  • Options
    ChrysophylaxChrysophylax Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 101
    I go to concerts twice a month here in Copenhagen nad I have never ever been asked for ID, so do not worry about whose name is on the ticket!

No problem there! And besides reselling your tix in Denmark isn't illegal - as long as you do not charge more than retailprice.

See you there for a night to remember:-)

Ras
    '00: London, Roskilde
    '06: San Francisco I-II-III, The Gorge I-II
    '06: Bern, Bologna, Verona, Milan, Turin, Pistoia
    '07: Copenhagen
    '09: Berlin
    '10: Berlin
    '12: Amsterdam I-II
    '14: Milan, Berlin
    '16: EV at Heartland Festival
    '18: Krakow, Berlin 
    '22: Berlin, Zürich, Copenhagen, Amsterdam I-II
  • Options
    danedane Posts: 1,062
    Dane youd probably know about this... maybe?

As Chrysophylax said he has never been asked to show ID and neither have I. But just to be safe I would write an e-mail to Billetlugen and ask.
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    2 tickets up on eBay now. Search for "Pearl Jam Copenhagen". Guess they might be expensive.
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    I go to concerts twice a month here in Copenhagen nad I have never ever been asked for ID, so do not worry about whose name is on the ticket!

No problem there! And besides reselling your tix in Denmark isn't illegal - as long as you do not charge more than retailprice.

See you there for a night to remember:-)

Ras
    Ah ok, thanks you and dane :) . I've sent an email to 10c asking if they know anything. If they don't I'll email billetlugen.

Pegasus, it says it on the website that you must show id... and that if you sell your ticket you can change the name on it, I just wasn't sure how strict they'd be on this.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    I bought tickets for the Copenhagen show through den Blå Avis and they have a different persons name on them - the person who bought the tickets. I was worried when I read through this thread about showing up with another persons name on my tickets so I just called Billetlugen directly and the rep. there told me that it is not a problem. He said they will not be asking for ID either. What a relief! I have been to about a dozen shows here in DK and never been asked to show ID but I was worried anyways...
    Live and let live
    That's what I always say
    Anyone who can't understand that should be killed

-George Carlin
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    I bought tickets for the Copenhagen show through den Blå Avis and they have a different persons name on them - the person who bought the tickets. I was worried when I read through this thread about showing up with another persons name on my tickets so I just called Billetlugen directly and the rep. there told me that it is not a problem. He said they will not be asking for ID either. What a relief! I have been to about a dozen shows here in DK and never been asked to show ID but I was worried anyways...
    Ah that's cool :) thank you.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    2 tickets up on eBay now. Search for "Pearl Jam Copenhagen". Guess they might be expensive.

Current bid is 12,5 $. Really cheap!! But I'm thinking the seller wont accept anything bellow face value......
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    dane wrote:
    Current bid is 12,5 $. Really cheap!! But I'm thinking the seller wont accept anything bellow face value......
    There is still more than one week before the auction ends.
    I think it can become expensive during the last days.
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    KirkwoodKirkwood Posts: 228
    It´s never good with early bids on ebay, so i bet it will reach atleast 250$
    2006 Paris, Prague
    2007 Munich, Katowice, Kopenhaven, Nijmegen
  • Options
    Kirkwood wrote:
    right. I do think so.
  • Options
    Kirkwood wrote:

Well if you can get away with 2 tix for 250US$ it ain't half bad! Face value comes to somewhere around 200US$, so an extra 50 is a pretty good deal I would say...
  • Options
    True true.
    Realised that copenhaven tickets is the most expensive on this tour, whys that? Denmark isn´t that expensive country to live in right?
    2006 Paris, Prague
  • Options
    Kirkwood wrote:
    True true.
    Realised that copenhaven tickets is the most expensive on this tour, whys that? Denmark isn´t that expensive country to live in right?
    I think Denmark is quite expensive country, in comparison with Belgium and France for example.
  • Options
    Ye, But if it were norway I wouldn´t be surprised. But denmark is pretty much the same as sweden, and here the ticket would cost like 60$.
    But don´t get me wrong, for me it´s totally worth it for a small concert as this is
    2006 Paris, Prague
  • Options
    The tickets here in Denmark costs 520 Danish Kroners plus fees - in total each ticket cost approx. $100.00 after fees. Denmark is one of the most expensive places to live so that might be part of the reason why they're so expensive here. I'm sure that the fact that the Forum seats somewhere around 8,000 and I've heard that there are less than 10,000 tickets for this standing only show also contributes to the high cost.
    Live and let live
    That's what I always say

-George Carlin
  • Options
    The tickets here in Denmark costs 520 Danish Kroners plus fees - in total each ticket cost approx. $100.00 after fees. Denmark is one of the most expensive places to live so that might be part of the reason why they're so expensive here. I'm sure that the fact that the Forum seats somewhere around 8,000 and I've heard that there are less than 10,000 tickets for this standing only show also contributes to the high cost.
    Wow ! It looks like I was lucky to have 10C tickets, for only $100 !
    I bought my tickets without thinking about the price, etc.
    I saw that an European tour was going to take place and then I saw that there were 10C tickets for Copenhagen. I have never gone there so I thought it could be a good opportunity to visit this place.
    Now, I'm too happy to have 10C tickets that I "only" paid $100 each, for a PJ show in a 8000 seats venue...
    That will be awesome !
  • Options
    Ticketprices have soared here in Denmark these past 2 years:-(

Actually the festivals are starting to worry - that's how bad it's gotten. They're having to raise their prices by quite a lot due to this, and pretty soon some of them will experience failure to sell tickets.

Madonna last summer was 160US$ for the cheapest tickets...
  • Options
    danleridanleri Posts: 497
    I'm absolutely thrilled! first time in Copenhagen and I can't wait! I will spend four beautiful days there, I just hope the weather will be fine!
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
  • Options
    Yes, the ticket prices are ridiculous here - I paid about $125 per ticket for Metallica in Aarhus (July 13) and considered shelling out $170 for The Police who are also playing Aarhus - too much though!! Last time I looked there were still tickets left for The Police a couple months after they went on sale - people aren't willing to pay that much I guess because they have sold out immediately in most other places...
    Live and let live
    That's what I always say

-George Carlin
  • Options
    Concert tickets here in Belgium are alos becoming quite expensive.
    The tickes for the police are around € 100. The same goes for the Rolling Stones.
    The shows like the samshing pumpkins, etc. are usually around € 40.
    In 1996, I paid € 15 for the smashing pumpkins and iIt was the average price for a concert (radiohead, etc.).
    In 1994-1995-1996, the tickets for Werchter festival were maximum € 20-25 for one day. Now, it's € 75...
  • Options
    mohomoho Posts: 541
    Tickets in ireland are also really bad. Rolling stone tickets were €100 for seating. But pearl jam tickets were only €60 last year, compared to the €80 i paid for the copenhagen tickets.
    JUST PLAY THE F***ING NOTE!!!
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    http://crowdsafe.com/thewallmemorials.html#roskilde

That's it. I'm gonna have to go there the day after the show. I don't care if the grounds are closed off while they set up the place. I feel like I need to make the trip out there anyway, even if I get turned away.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    Hinny wrote:
    http://crowdsafe.com/thewallmemorials.html#roskilde

That's it. I'm gonna have to go there the day after the show. I don't care if the grounds are closed off while they set up the place. I feel like I need to make the trip out there anyway, even if I get turned away.

The camping area of Roskilde festival doesn't open before sunday after the show. So chanches are that you will be able to get inthere. At that time they'll be busy setting up the stages, so I'm not shure they'll let you in, but if you ask them nicely and tell them why you might succeed.
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    have you guys seen what they did to the little marmaid? they painted her red!!! just a month before my trip to copenhagen for the very first time, and they vandalise the symbol of the city!
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
  • Options
    danleri wrote:
    have you guys seen what they did to the little marmaid? they painted her red!!! just a month before my trip to copenhagen for the very first time, and they vandalise the symbol of the city!
    I think it's not the first time they do that...
    That's a pity. Funny, but not very civilised...
  • Options
    The Little Mermaid isn't even really worth the time anyways... Not very exciting. Maybe catch a glimpse of her on one of the boat tours which are nice if you're loooing for tourist type stuff to do.

I highly recommend Tivoli at night for anyone looking for something fun/interesting to do.
    Live and let live
    That's what I always say

-George Carlin
  • Options
    The Little Mermaid isn't even really worth the time anyways... Not very exciting. Maybe catch a glimpse of her on one of the boat tours which are nice if you're loooing for tourist type stuff to do.

I highly recommend Tivoli at night for anyone looking for something fun/interesting to do.

tivoli? whats tivoli?
  • Options
    moho wrote:
    tivoli? whats tivoli?

Tivoli is a central area of Copenhagen, close to the Forum and to the main street, worth a visit... I'd be more interested in Christiania actually, I'm pretty curious to find out what the fuss is about...
  • Options
    danleri wrote:
    Tivoli is a central area of Copenhagen, close to the Forum and to the main street, worth a visit... I'd be more interested in Christiania actually, I'm pretty curious to find out what the fuss is about...

How long are you there for? we're coming in monday evening and flying out thursday morning. So i dont think we'll have much time to get out of the city.