Options

Copenhagen june 26 2007

Comments

• Options
    danedane Posts: 1,062
    moho wrote:
    tivoli? whats tivoli?

Tivoli is an amusement park in the center of Copenhagen. It's definately worth a visit. Entrance is cheap, but trying the different roller coasters and such is rather expensive. However, if you're still in CPH on friday there's useally open air concerts. See more here:http://www.tivoli.dk/composite-3351.htm

A trip to Christiania is also a given. However there's alot of tension outthere right now. I wouldn't call it an unsafe place, but the police have stepped up their presence and there has been some fights with the residents. So if you see any big green busses with blue lights on the roof it's best not to enter. Better safe than sorry......

Anyways I'm off on vacation. I trust that you all will keep this thread alive. I'll be back with more tourist info next week-end :)
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    danleridanleri Posts: 497
    moho wrote:
    How long are you there for? we're coming in monday evening and flying out thursday morning. So i dont think we'll have much time to get out of the city.

I'll be in Copenhagen from the 24th to the 28th and pretty much looking forward to it! :D
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    dane wrote:
    Tivoli is an amusement park in the center of Copenhagen. It's definately worth a visit. Entrance is cheap, but trying the different roller coasters and such is rather expensive. However, if you're still in CPH on friday there's useally open air concerts. See more here:http://www.tivoli.dk/composite-3351.htm

A trip to Christiania is also a given. However there's alot of tension outthere right now. I wouldn't call it an unsafe place, but the police have stepped up their presence and there has been some fights with the residents. So if you see any big green busses with blue lights on the roof it's best not to enter. Better safe than sorry......

Anyways I'm off on vacation. I trust that you all will keep this thread alive. I'll be back with more tourist info next week-end :)
    :) thanks dane for all your help. Enjoy your holiday and chat to ya when you get back. I'm sure we'll have loads more questions between now and then, lol.

I'll be there from 23rd to 27th.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    edveddedvedd Posts: 152
    i have my final exam on monday the 25th, then me and a buddy will take the train from Aarhus to copenhagen, then directly to Christiania were we will party all day and night.. So if you wanna party danish style monday the 25th, meet me at Christiania!!!( i will be wearing a pj t-shirt ofcourse ;))
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    I have 10C tickets for the show and I would like to buy a poster. It's not easy, considering I will have to go fast to front row. And when the show will be finished, I'm pretty sue there won't be posters anymore...
    Does anybody with seats-tickets that would be kind enought to buy a poster for me ? Please....
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    ChrysophylaxChrysophylax Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 101
    Julien wrote:
    I have 10C tickets for the show and I would like to buy a poster. It's not easy, considering I will have to go fast to front row. And when the show will be finished, I'm pretty sue there won't be posters anymore...
    Does anybody with seats-tickets that would be kind enought to buy a poster for me ? Please....

Do not worry! Last year I did the 5 italian gigs and after each show they still had plenty of posters - they even sold the ones from all of the previous european shows!
    I don't think you need to worry - but if it comes to that I'll happily buy one for you.
    '00: London, Roskilde
    '06: San Francisco I-II-III, The Gorge I-II
    '06: Bern, Bologna, Verona, Milan, Turin, Pistoia
    '07: Copenhagen
    '09: Berlin
    '10: Berlin
    '12: Amsterdam I-II
    '14: Milan, Berlin
    '16: EV at Heartland Festival
    '18: Krakow, Berlin 
    '22: Berlin, Zürich, Copenhagen, Amsterdam I-II
  • Options
    Do not worry! Last year I did the 5 italian gigs and after each show they still had plenty of posters - they even sold the ones from all of the previous european shows!
    I don't think you need to worry - but if it comes to that I'll happily buy one for you.

Thanks !
    last year, i didn't pay attention. I had 10c tickets and people bought posters for me so I didn't pay really attention. In the worst case, there wil certainly be posters to in the good section, a few months after the tour, like they did for 2006 posters.
    Thanks anyway. But if you have seats, and if you're ok to buy a poster for me, that wouldbe awesome, and so, I'll be sure to have one :D
    I'll pay you a few beers :D
  • Options
    ChrysophylaxChrysophylax Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 101
    I'll meet you there:-)

I don't have seats but I won't be at the very front, so I plan on getting the posters and leaving them either at the wardrobe or at a nearby bar with a friend!
    '00: London, Roskilde
    '06: San Francisco I-II-III, The Gorge I-II
    '06: Bern, Bologna, Verona, Milan, Turin, Pistoia
    '07: Copenhagen
    '09: Berlin
    '10: Berlin
    '12: Amsterdam I-II
    '14: Milan, Berlin
    '16: EV at Heartland Festival
    '18: Krakow, Berlin 
    '22: Berlin, Zürich, Copenhagen, Amsterdam I-II
  • Options
    I'll meet you there:-)

I don't have seats but I won't be at the very front, so I plan on getting the posters and leaving them either at the wardrobe or at a nearby bar with a friend!

Nice plan !
    I'll be front row (hopefully).
  • Options
    mohomoho Posts: 541
    Last year in Dublin there were plenty of posters left after the gig. Funny story actually, I was in the 10club queue nearly all morning and in the rush inside i bought a poster, thinking they would sell out. When we got in we were second row because i stopped to get the poster so i gave the poster to this guy to put in his backback. That guy was moshing like a crazy mofo, got sick over everyone around him (including my girlfriend) and then was pulled out at the front by security. So when i met him after the show my poster was flat and creased like a new map and torn at the edges like an old map!

But i got a new poster after the gig, so the moral of the story is go for front row!

Also in Bern i went for the front row and my mates held my spot and then i went and got a poster because there was a merchandise sales desk inside the arena on the main GA floor.

Anyway which is more important, front row or poster?
    JUST PLAY THE F***ING NOTE!!!
  • Options
    moho wrote:

Anyway which is more important, front row or poster?

Front row !
  • Options
    toastertoaster Posts: 152
    I know this is kinda late, but does anyone know about cheap hotels somewhere in Copenhagen or in the area around?

Me and my friend were actually planning on camping somewhere outside copenhagen from monday until saturday, but since we're spending the saturday to next monday again in a tent at Roskilde we figured it might be a bit too much camping...

Only a bit over a month to go, yiihaa :D
  • Options
    toaster wrote:
    I know this is kinda late, but does anyone know about cheap hotels somewhere in Copenhagen or in the area around?

Me and my friend were actually planning on camping somewhere outside copenhagen from monday until saturday, but since we're spending the saturday to next monday again in a tent at Roskilde we figured it might be a bit too much camping...

Only a bit over a month to go, yiihaa :D

I book at the Cab Inn hotel. It's really close to the forum (300-500 meters) and not to expensive (around 80 euros if I remember well)
  • Options
    yeah, originally we booked at the Cab Inn, thought we had everything fixed, but never got a confirmation from them.. Tried again, got an e-mail saying everything was booked. Maybe I'll just try again at that other Cab Inn place nearby.. Thanks though:)
  • Options
    toaster wrote:
    yeah, originally we booked at the Cab Inn, thought we had everything fixed, but never got a confirmation from them.. Tried again, got an e-mail saying everything was booked. Maybe I'll just try again at that other Cab Inn place nearby.. Thanks though:)

I received an email just after making the booking. I hope everythin's ok.
    I thought it's strange that I hadn't to pay something.
    Maybe I will make a call this week to check if te booking is ok.
    See you there :D
  • Options
    Julien wrote:
    I received an email just after making the booking. I hope everythin's ok.
    I thought it's strange that I hadn't to pay something.
    Maybe I will make a call this week to check if te booking is ok.
    See you there :D

Everything's probably okay if you got an e-mail with a confirmation:)
    I booked at the cab inn express instead, right nearby and just got an e-mail saying everything was okay, and we're paying when we get there too. Thought it was strange when I didn't have to give up any credit-card info. Eh well.. Probably gonna work out in the end. Wuuuhuuu, now I'm getting REALLY excited, see y'all there :D
  • Options
    BUMP!!!!

Just looking at my confirmation email! Yay!

Can't wait!
  • Options
    moho wrote:
    BUMP!!!!

Just looking at my confirmation email! Yay!

Can't wait!

Yes, I also received an email from 10C to confirm, etc.
    I initially thought that there would be a special pit for 10C members at the show (if I remember well, something like that was written in the first email we received). Now, reading the new email, it looks like not...
    Anyway, it will be awesome, and I feel like I'm alredy there !
  • Options
    Julien wrote:
    Yes, I also received an email from 10C to confirm, etc.
    I initially thought that there would be a special pit for 10C members at the show (if I remember well, something like that was written in the first email we received). Now, reading the new email, it looks like not...
    Anyway, it will be awesome, and I feel like I'm alredy there !

I heard 10c tix get entrance 15-30 minutes before the genral public.
    Live and let live
    That's what I always say
    Anyone who can't understand that should be killed

-George Carlin
  • Options
    15 minutes, also it seems we will get a seperate entrance into the venue. We won't be told that entrance until we collect our tickets
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    It's time to rock with Pearl Jam! This is all you need to know to collect your tickets for the June 26th in Copenhagen at the Forum ...

1) Ticket distribution will begin at 4:00pm (16.00) on the day of the show. The ticket location point will be located at the Press Entrance, to the right of the main doors.

2) The fan club member must be present and show photo identification to receive the tickets. No transfers.

3) Each Ten Club ticket buyer will receive 2 general admission tickets and 2 wristbands for early entry.**

4) All Ten Club ticket buyers with wristbands will be allowed into the venue 15 minutes before doors are open to the public.

5) Ten Club Early Entry location will be revealed when you collect your tickets.

TEN CLUB TICKET DISTRIBUTION: 4:00pm (16.00)
    TEN CLUB EARLY ENTRY: 5:45pm (17.45)
    PUBLIC DOORS: 6:00pm (18.00)
    OPENING ACT SHOW TIME: 8:00pm (20.00)
    PEARL JAM SHOW TIME: 9:15pm (21.15)

The only mention for a seperate fan club section was for the London show, as far as I recall! We may get in the press entrance!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    The only mention for a seperate fan club section was for the London show, as far as I recall! We may get in the press entrance!

The press entrance? now that would be cool! The seperate entrance will be cool! Just 10 club members sitting around for the doors, looks like we wont ahve to wait long either, the gates open only an 1hr 45mins after we start queuing! nice one!
  • Options
    moho wrote:
    The press entrance? now that would be cool! The seperate entrance will be cool! Just 10 club members sitting around for the doors, looks like we wont ahve to wait long either, the gates open only an 1hr 45mins after we start queuing! nice one!
    :( I want a 10c ticket. :eek: I'll swap 3 general tickets for 2 10c tickets :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    RVMMFCRVMMFC Posts: 397
    I am desperate for any ticket anywhere in the venue for the Copanhagen show
    Just need one 10C or otherwise

I am in Europe going form Wembley to the end of the tour and this is the only one I do not have

Please please please help if you can

PM me or email me ryanmorein@gmail.com
    " I said there's nothing wrong with what you say. Believe me just asking you to sway. No white or black just grey. Can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?"
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    moho wrote:
    ROFL.. noob :D
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    ROFL.. noob :D

Eh? Noob? Believe me i aint a noob to queuing for concerts! I may not have been to many Pearl Jam gigs (2) (and i queued for a fair bit for both) but i can remember some queuing for other gigs that was nearly 12 hrs long. :D
  • Options
    :( I want a 10c ticket. :eek: I'll swap 3 general tickets for 2 10c tickets :o

:eek: your friend not able to go??
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    :eek: your friend not able to go??
    Nope, she's back from 2 weeks in Lanzarote the day we were supposed to fly out... she'd her flight booked and all but it was just going to be too much.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Nope, she's back from 2 weeks in Lanzarote the day we were supposed to fly out... she'd her flight booked and all but it was just going to be too much.

wouldn't ye think she'd know that before she got ye all excited :p

Best of luck anywho... at least you have GA... better than nothing!!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    wouldn't ye think she'd know that before she got ye all excited :p

Best of luck anywho... at least you have GA... better than nothing!!
    Nah, well she's got about 6 or 7 holidays this year and I think she really didn't have a clue when she was coming or going on any of them :D

Thanks... and yep, I know it's better than nothing :o it's just worth a try, eh? :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life