Options

Copenhagen june 26 2007

Comments

• Options
    It should be an incredible show given the history and given the fact that it's taking place in such a small venue - seating-wise, I think the Forum holds 8500 (10,000 standing) so it's the most intimate place they're playing this summer in Europe! Wish I had had a chance at 10c tickets for the show...
    Live and let live
    That's what I always say
    Anyone who can't understand that should be killed

-George Carlin
  • Options
    redAPPLEredAPPLE Posts: 61
    mary-kate wrote:
    ok so this is my very first post on this site. im trying to find tickets for the CPH-show and hopefully ill get one from that dba.dk-site. now heres a problem. not anyone of my friends will come with me. they just arent interested in going and so is it ok to go by myself? ive never been to a concert of this size and im quiet worried about the whole standing in line by myself-thing and all that stuff. will i be ok? or is it like the phenomenon with backpacking around the world and you just start talking to everyone after a while..? i mean, will i be ok by myself?

i would be going alone too. and i guess there will be others too. relax. it will be all good. if you are still not sure, maybe we can arrange a meet up and we won't be alone *smile*
    WANTED: Spare ticket of any of the following: Munich, Katowice, Copenhagen, Duesseldorf.

Please drop a private message.
  • Options
    wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    Is it too early to start planning a meet up? There was brief mention of an after party which sounds cool. What about a meet up the night before aswell? Worked particularly well at Verona :D!!!
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Options
    mohomoho Posts: 541
    dane wrote:
    Been thinking the same thing. It could prove to be an awesome show, due to the history and the simple fact that we've waited for 7 years. But it might get a bit too emotional for some - including the band. They're playing near the 7 year date of the accident. The Roskilde festival starts a week later and I asume that a good portion of the crowd also were present in 2000. Some of who lost friends back then. So lots of mixed emotions imo. All that being said, I think it will be a great concert. It might be therapeutic for both the audience and the band and I'm sure that they'll do their best to do a great show.

Sure it will be tough, but if you know the Reading festival videos from last year, it was Pearl Jam's first really big festival since rosklide and I think they were overwhealmed with emotion (at one point Eddie cried) and it went towards a fantastic show, probably the one of the best shows of the European tour last summer.
    JUST PLAY THE F***ING NOTE!!!
  • Options
    belfast1belfast1 Posts: 787
    its gonna be good my friends i promise you that
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • Options
    danleridanleri Posts: 497
    belfast1 wrote:
    its gonna be good my friends i promise you that

Sure, it's gonna be great, because we're there! :D:D:D
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
  • Options
    danedane Posts: 1,062
    moho wrote:
    Sure it will be tough, but if you know the Reading festival videos from last year, it was Pearl Jam's first really big festival since rosklide and I think they were overwhealmed with emotion (at one point Eddie cried) and it went towards a fantastic show, probably the one of the best shows of the European tour last summer.

I happen to have a video of that show (Thank you P!). Haven't seen the hole thing yet, but it does seem like both band and crowd are really pumped.
    Maybe I should skip my plans for the rest of the day and watch it a few times......
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    dane wrote:
    I happen to have a video of that show (Thank you P!). Haven't seen the hole thing yet, but it does seem like both band and crowd are really pumped.
    Maybe I should skip my plans for the rest of the day and watch it a few times......

Do!
  • Options
    wash_ wrote:
    Is it too early to start planning a meet up? There was brief mention of an after party which sounds cool. What about a meet up the night before aswell? Worked particularly well at Verona :D!!!

Will be headed over for this show, and then on to Nijmegen. Will have my wife and 4 of our friends with us. We should definitely look into making some pre-show / post-show arrangements. We'll be around in Copenhagen the evening before the show, as well. What are the after party talks ?
    "And what's the truth? And the truth that lies at home. It's on the inside and I can't get it off."

Nacadoches, TX - 20/11/93
    Austin, TX - 16/9/95
    Las Vegas, NV - 06/07/06
    Lisbon, Portugal - 05/09/06
    Lisbon, Portugal - 06/09/06
    Copnehagen - 26/06/07
    Nijmegen - 28/6/07
    PJ20 9/3/2011
    PJ20 9/4/2011
    Toronto 9/11/2011 
    Wrigley 07/19/2013
    Jazz Fest 2014 
    Austin 10/04/2014
    Wrigley 8/20/2016
    Wrigley 8/22/2016

Seattle 8/8/2018
    Seattle 8/9/2018
    Oakland 5/12/2022
    Oakland 5/13/2022 
    Paris, France 7/17/2022
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Will be headed over for this show, and then on to Nijmegen. Will have my wife and 4 of our friends with us. We should definitely look into making some pre-show / post-show arrangements. We'll be around in Copenhagen the evening before the show, as well. What are the after party talks ?
    Well I'll certainly be up for anything the night before the concert :)

I'll arrive in Copenhagen on the Saturday... my friend's coming with me and has her flight booked and all but we just realised the other day that she's just returning from a two week holiday the day we're flying out :rolleyes: so she's probably gonna have to change her flight to at LEAST the Sunday... I KNEW it! Anyway, I'm not overly bothered cos I know there's another one or two who are gonna be around from the Saturday so if anyone wants to make any plans? :) Well my flight doesn't get in til 10.40pm anyway so it will be late plans if we do.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    What are the after party talks ?

Here's the afterparty talk: http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=231305&page=22

BTW You have Austin as location. Is that Austin, Texas? If it is, I salute you. That's a long way to travel to see PJ!!

@Moho: Tried to watch the Reading show. But I was busy doing my tax form at the same time. (never do that!) So I only heard that it was a good show, though Edddie seems a little concerned with the number of ppl in the beginning. When does he cry?
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    Well I'll certainly be up for anything the night before the concert :)

I'll arrive in Copenhagen on the Saturday... my friend's coming with me and has her flight booked and all but we just realised the other day that she's just returning from a two week holiday the day we're flying out :rolleyes: so she's probably gonna have to change her flight to at LEAST the Sunday... I KNEW it! Anyway, I'm not overly bothered cos I know there's another one or two who are gonna be around from the Saturday so if anyone wants to make any plans? :) Well my flight doesn't get in til 10.40pm anyway so it will be late plans if we do.

Me, Ross, Naomi and Dave will be there from the Friday. I have no idea what touristy things there is about in Cope!!!
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

• Options
    dane wrote:
    Here's the afterparty talk: http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=231305&page=22

BTW You have Austin as location. Is that Austin, Texas? If it is, I salute you. That's a long way to travel to see PJ!!

@Moho: Tried to watch the Reading show. But I was busy doing my tax form at the same time. (never do that!) So I only heard that it was a good show, though Edddie seems a little concerned with the number of ppl in the beginning. When does he cry?

He cries after Alive I believe...just as he's thanking the crowd before encore, when he says "unbeliveable, just uuuunbeliveable, thanks for being safe".
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

• Options
    wash_ wrote:
    Me, Ross, Naomi and Dave will be there from the Friday. I have no idea what touristy things there is about in Cope!!!
    Ah cool :) where are you lot staying? I have the Danhostel booked for the night before and of the concert but I need to book somewhere for the other nights.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Ah cool :) where are you lot staying? I have the Danhostel booked for the night before and of the concert but I need to book somewhere for the other nights.

Oooh errr...will have to get back to you on that. Ross has all the hotel details.

Will let u know this evening :)
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

• Options
    wash_ wrote:
    Oooh errr...will have to get back to you on that. Ross has all the hotel details.

Will let u know this evening :)
    :D That's cool. Do you know much about the hotel even? If it's pretty central and a nice place I'd go for it.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    wash_ wrote:

Tourist things in CPH:
    http://www.visitdenmark.com
    http://www.visitcopenhagen.com

One of the most visited tourist sites is the Little Mermaid on "Langelinje". Shure it comes from the HC Andersen fairy-tale and it has been the center of some political statements, including two decapitations. But it's just a sculpture and not a very pretty one imo.

I can higly recommend the tourboats that sails around the harbour and channelsystems. They're cheap, you get to see alot the city from the sea, plus they're guided so you still get a alot of info about the sites.
    If you wanna set out by yourself, get a city map and grap a citybike for free (20 DKK deposit).
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    dane wrote:
    Tourist things in CPH:

One of the most visited tourist sites is the Little Mermaid on "Langelinje". Shure it comes from the HC Andersen fairy-tale and it has been the center of some political statements, including two decapitations. But it's just a sculpture and not a very pretty one imo.

I can higly recommend the tourboats that sails around the harbour and channelsystems. They're cheap, you get to see alot the city from the sea, plus they're guided so you still get a alot of info about the sites.
    If you wanna set out by yourself, get a city map and grap a citybike for free (20 DKK deposit).
    :) I like boats.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    :D That's cool. Do you know much about the hotel even? If it's pretty central and a nice place I'd go for it.

No, Ross didn't give me any details on that (not even a name)...just the price. It's cheap and I would assume it's fairly close to the centre. I'll get u the details tonight
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

• Options
    dane wrote:
    Tourist things in CPH:

Excellent, thanks for the links. I love tour boats :D
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

• Options
    wash_ wrote:
    No, Ross didn't give me any details on that (not even a name)...just the price. It's cheap and I would assume it's fairly close to the centre. I'll get u the details tonight
    :D Ok I'll leave ya alone about it then, lol. Thanks.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    here's an hostel very close 2 the venue...

http://www.hoteljoergensen.dk/?acc=58
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
  • Options
    danleri wrote:
    here's an hostel very close 2 the venue...

http://www.hoteljoergensen.dk/?acc=58
    Oh I'm kinda looking for a hotel.. and something nice but reasonably priced. It's my birthday weekend and want to treat myself... and I don't normally do 'budget' :o:D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Oh I'm kinda looking for a hotel.. and something nice but reasonably priced. It's my birthday weekend and want to treat myself... and I don't normally do 'budget' :o:D

I don't usually budget either, in fact I always treat myself, this time I just wanted to travel "backpacker" style! besides, hostels like this one can be good for pj fans who actually need to budget their trips!
  • Options
    danleri wrote:
    I don't usually budget either, in fact I always treat myself, this time I just wanted to travel "backpacker" style! besides, hostels like this one can be good for pj fans who actually need to budget their trips!
    :D Oh ya mean for the CHEAP bastards? :p

:o just kidding everyone... of course :o

Lol, I got a fantastic hotel in Verona (when I was KINDA budgeting) for 60euro a night and was explaining to people 'this is me doing budget'... it was 4* :D

Well, fuck it, I budget enough here so I can splash out on stuff.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    :D Oh ya mean for the CHEAP bastards? :p

exactly! :D:D:D
  • Options
    dane wrote:

Austin, Texas. You've got it!! What can I say, travel and music are two great habbits. Combining them is even better. Can't wait for these shows to get here...

Thanks for the after show thread.
    "And what's the truth? And the truth that lies at home. It's on the inside and I can't get it off."

Nacadoches, TX - 20/11/93
    Austin, TX - 16/9/95
    Las Vegas, NV - 06/07/06
    Lisbon, Portugal - 05/09/06
    Lisbon, Portugal - 06/09/06
    Copnehagen - 26/06/07
    Nijmegen - 28/6/07
    PJ20 9/3/2011
    PJ20 9/4/2011
    Toronto 9/11/2011 
    Wrigley 07/19/2013
    Jazz Fest 2014 
    Austin 10/04/2014
    Wrigley 8/20/2016
    Wrigley 8/22/2016

Seattle 8/8/2018
    Seattle 8/9/2018
    Oakland 5/12/2022
    Oakland 5/13/2022 
    Paris, France 7/17/2022
  • Options
    Austin, Texas. You've got it!! What can I say, travel and music are two great habbits. Combining them is even better. Can't wait for these shows to get here...

Thanks for the after show thread.

Yeah, I sorta figured that out when I read your sig afterwards. If I only had the money, I would go see them in the states. Maybe not the south - since they never play there (sorry) - but seeing them in Seattle would be amazing.
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    dane wrote:
    Tourist things in CPH:

For free?
  • Options
    moho wrote:
    For free?

Sounds to good to be true, right? They're parked around the city, mostly around train and Metro-stations I think. Just put a 20 DKK coin in the slot to release the lock and you're off. When you're done with it, park at one of the stations and you'll get your 20 DKK back! Don't throw it in the harbour or shit like that as some jerk-offs do.......
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07