Options

Copenhagen june 26 2007

Comments

• Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    dane wrote:
    On page 3? Couldn't help it. Just had to bump it.
    Where did all the irish go?

We're still here! Starting to organise everything now :D
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    danedane Posts: 1,062
    Jennytree wrote:
    We're still here! Starting to organise everything now :D

Phew. I was getting a bit worried.
    What are you organizing? Travelarrangements or the karaoke thing?
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    dane wrote:
    Phew. I was getting a bit worried.
    What are you organizing? Travelarrangements or the karaoke thing?
    :D Well I've got my flight and accommodation all booked and paid for already... still need to book a hotel for the other couple of nights but that will have to wait til the end of this month... and I'm sure it won't be much of a big deal.

It really doesn't HAVE to be the karaoke place if you think it's crap, lol. It's your country so I think maybe you can pick the venue? :D

Besides, I'll be there a few nights so I've plenty of time to karaoke without people I know seeing me :o:D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    It really doesn't HAVE to be the karaoke place if you think it's crap, lol. It's your country so I think maybe you can pick the venue? :D

I'm not even shure I'll be able to attend this afterparty. Have to go to school (!) the next morning. So I'm not shure the place should be my call. But after all this talk of karaoke, I say go for it. And as said before; if the place is filled with jammers, it will be the best bar in town!
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    Ok, here's one swedish guy who wants to join the afterparty, I'll bring my travelling partner in crime as well.... Name the place and we'll be there :)
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    I wish I could go see PJ in my Native Denmark.. That would just be the shit.. but as I am yet unemployed this will have to wait for another year or so.. oh well it's incentive to get my loser head out of my ass!!!
  • Options
    Man, easter is a slow time around here. Only 2 members signed in right now!!??
    Anyways, bump for Copenhagen and BUMP for Pearl Jam playing there!
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    HotterHotter Posts: 51
    dane wrote:
    Man, easter is a slow time around here. Only 2 members signed in right now!!??
    Anyways, bump for Copenhagen and BUMP for Pearl Jam playing there!
    Word!! :D
    PJ....'nuff said
    ============
    Katowice '07
    Wembley '07
    Copenhagen '07
    MSG I '08
    MSG II '08
    Berlin ´09
  • Options
    TIC TAC TIC TAC TIC TAC TIC TAC *insert many tic tac's* June 26th!!!
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    dane wrote:
    TIC TAC TIC TAC TIC TAC TIC TAC *insert many tic tac's* June 26th!!!

too many TIC TAC to insert ....!!!
    I can't wait anymore...
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    If you understand danish, check this out: http://www.dba.dk

Click the add that says PEARL JAM and you'll discover that all hope's not lost.

If you meet any scalpers you have my permission to kick holy fuckin' shit outta them!
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    dane wrote:
    If you understand danish, check this out: http://www.dba.dk

Click the add that says PEARL JAM and you'll discover that all hope's not lost.

If you meet any scalpers you have my permission to kick holy fuckin' shit outta them!

I don't understand danish... What does it say ?
  • Options
    Julien wrote:
    I don't understand danish... What does it say ?

It's a homepage where ppl can put stuff up for sale. Sorta like Ebay. There's about 12 tickets for sale. Most are face value, but useally they'll charge more when you call them. Fucking scalpers! But it's worth a try.
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    dane wrote:
    It's a homepage where ppl can put stuff up for sale. Sorta like Ebay. There's about 12 tickets for sale. Most are face value, but useally they'll charge more when you call them. Fucking scalpers! But it's worth a try.

Thanks. But I don't need to try, because I have my tickets ! :D
  • Options
    I've been thinking alot about what place would be good for an afterparty. Since I don't live in Copenhagen I don't know the nightlife all that well, so it's been hard to come up with ideas.
    But fortunately the users of http://www.pearl-jam.dk has already arranged it.

Translated -with permission - from the "footsteps" forum on pearl-jam.dk.

"Flaskehals writes:
    A deal has been made with The Rock.
    Doors open at 22:00 and close again at 02:00. Admission fee will be 30 DKK (aprox 5$ - 4 EUR) The bar will be open and a DJ will take care of the music. People from The Rock hope that we can arrange some sort of entertainment for the evening - a competition or something. So I've contacted Ten Club hoping that they'll sponsor some prizes."

So there you have it people. The good folks on the danish fansite has got it all figured out. So join in and help make the evening even more unforgetable!

I wanna rock 'n' roll all night and PART OF every day - Stone G

More info here:
    http://rock.xstream.dk/site/index.php?id=1
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    Good job dane :) thank you very much for the post and the translation.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Final BowFinal Bow flying Posts: 488
    ...we will come!!!
    see you at the Rock!!
    Jun 05, 1992; Nov 04, 1996; Jun 09, 2000; Jun 26, 2000; Aug 29 2006, Sep 16, 2006; Sep 23, 2006; Sep 25, 2006; Sep 30, 2006; Jun 12, 2007; Jun 13, 2007; Jun 18, 2007; Jun 21, 2007; Jun 26, 2007; Jun 28, 2007; Jun 17, 2008; Jun 19, 2008; Jun 20; 2008; Jun 22, 2008; Jun 24, 2008; Jun 25, 2008; Aug 13, 2009; Aug 15; 2009; Aug 18, 2009; Oct 06, 2009; Oct 07, 2009; Oct 09, 2009; Jun 22; 2010; Jun 23, 2010; Jun 25, 2010; Jun 30, 2010; Sept 03, 2011; Sept 04, 2011; Sept 07, 2011; Sept 14, 2011; Sept 15, 2011; Jun 20 2012; Jun 21 2012; Jun 26 2012; Jun 27 2012; Jul 02 2012; Jul 04 2012; Jul 05 2012; Jul 07 2012; Jul 09 2012; Jul 10 2012; Oct 15 2013; Oct 16 2013; Oct 18 2013; Oct 19 2013; Oct 21 2013; Oct 22 2013; Jun 16 2014; Jun 17 2014; Jun 20 2014; Jun 22 2014; Jun 25 2014; Jun 26 2014; Jul 11 2014; Nov 14 2015; Nov 17 2015; Nov 20 2015; Nov 22 2015; Apr 16 2016; Apr 18 2016; Apr 20 2016; Apr 21 2016
  • Options
    HE HE
    I just knew that Helen would be the first to respond :D

It is now very official
    http://rock.xstream.dk/site/calendar_element.php?id=609
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    dane wrote:
    HE HE
    I just knew that Helen would be the first to respond :D

It is now very official
    http://rock.xstream.dk/site/calendar_element.php?id=609

Thanks dane. That's awesome !
    is it really going to be finished at midnight ?
  • Options
    dane wrote:
    I've been thinking alot about what place would be good for an afterparty. Since I don't live in Copenhagen I don't know the nightlife all that well, so it's been hard to come up with ideas.
    But fortunately the users of http://www.pearl-jam.dk has already arranged it.

Translated -with permission - from the "footsteps" forum on pearl-jam.dk.

"Flaskehals writes:
    A deal has been made with The Rock.
    Doors open at 22:00 and close again at 02:00. Admission fee will be 30 DKK (aprox 5$ - 4 EUR) The bar will be open and a DJ will take care of the music. People from The Rock hope that we can arrange some sort of entertainment for the evening - a competition or something. So I've contacted Ten Club hoping that they'll sponsor some prizes."

So there you have it people. The good folks on the danish fansite has got it all figured out. So join in and help make the evening even more unforgetable!

I wanna rock 'n' roll all night and PART OF every day - Stone G

More info here:
    http://rock.xstream.dk/site/index.php?id=1

Excellent... an after party :D It just keeps getting better!

And didn't Mike mis-use that Kiss quote, not Stone??

EDIT: Kamelot are playing there in May?! And WASP?! Woah... metal-tastic!!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    JanetWeissJanetWeiss Posts: 231
    Copenhagen afterparty?
    We'll be there.
    It's the last show of our two-girls-following-the-greatest-band-in-the-world mini-tour: I'd like to drink "a little", forget the fact we're going home the day after and share emotions with other jammers. :)
    Roma
    Bologna, Verona, Milano, Torino, Pistoia
    London, Dusseldorf, Scheessel, Copenhagen
    New York, New York
    Rotterdam, Berlin, Manchester, London
    Dublin, Belfast, London, Venice
    Alpine Valley
    Berlin I, Berlin II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    Berlin, Milan
    Boston I, Boston II
    (London I, London II, Milan, Padova, Roma, Werchter)
  • Options
    First up @ Julien:
    The Rock will NOT close at midnight, even though it says so on their hp. They'll close at 02:00 (or when we decide it's time :))

Secondly@ Jennytree:

I have never been to The Rock, but yes it does seem to be a very...uhm...rocky place.
    And yeah, it might have been Mike who fucked up the lyrics. I've been partying every day, so I tend to forget minor details........ ;)
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    dane wrote:
    First up @ Julien:
    The Rock will NOT close at midnight, even though it says so on their hp. They'll close at 02:00 (or when we decide it's time :))

Thanks ! If WE may decide, then it may close very late.. or very early in the morning :D
  • Options
    dane wrote:

Secondly@ Jennytree:

I have never been to The Rock, but yes it does seem to be a very...uhm...rocky place.
    And yeah, it might have been Mike who fucked up the lyrics. I've been partying every day, so I tend to forget minor details........ ;)

hehe... I'll let you away with that one so :D

I love rock bars though... I always make it my mission to find a cool rock/metal bar in any city I go to! I'd happily sit in one for hours!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    mary-katemary-kate Posts: 16
    ok so this is my very first post on this site. im trying to find tickets for the CPH-show and hopefully ill get one from that dba.dk-site. now heres a problem. not anyone of my friends will come with me. they just arent interested in going and so is it ok to go by myself? ive never been to a concert of this size and im quiet worried about the whole standing in line by myself-thing and all that stuff. will i be ok? or is it like the phenomenon with backpacking around the world and you just start talking to everyone after a while..? i mean, will i be ok by myself?
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    mary-kate wrote:
    or is it like the phenomenon with backpacking around the world and you just start talking to everyone after a while..?
    Correct.

Sorry for being such a tourist, but I just have to take a photo of the sign out the front of this 'The Rock' place. :D
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    mary-kate wrote:
    ok so this is my very first post on this site. im trying to find tickets for the CPH-show and hopefully ill get one from that dba.dk-site. now heres a problem. not anyone of my friends will come with me. they just arent interested in going and so is it ok to go by myself? ive never been to a concert of this size and im quiet worried about the whole standing in line by myself-thing and all that stuff. will i be ok? or is it like the phenomenon with backpacking around the world and you just start talking to everyone after a while..? i mean, will i be ok by myself?
    Yep, you'll be fine... if you arrange to meet up with people from here beforehand... we're all half decent :)

Dane... whenever we like? :eek:

FUCK, my flight leaves earlyish the following morning I think :( . Just means I'll have to get on the plane hammered :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    mary-katemary-kate Posts: 16
    Yep, you'll be fine... if you arrange to meet up with people from here beforehand... we're all half decent :)

Dane... whenever we like? :eek:

FUCK, my flight leaves earlyish the following morning I think :( . Just means I'll have to get on the plane hammered :)

Ok that sounds promising.. so i guess i just have to start to get to know everyone on here ... =) well i HOPE i can get hold of a ticket first and foremost ..
  • Options
    mary-kate wrote:
    Ok that sounds promising.. so i guess i just have to start to get to know everyone on here ... =) well i HOPE i can get hold of a ticket first and foremost ..
    :) Yep, stop worrying and get the ticket. There will be plenty of people who don't know anyone else. My first PJ concert at the Astoria last year I had met NOBODY offline... my second concert, I knew half the people in the queue :)

Good luck with the ticket anyway :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    :) Yep, stop worrying and get the ticket. There will be plenty of people who don't know anyone else. My first PJ concert at the Astoria last year I had met NOBODY offline... my second concert, I knew half the people in the queue :)
    So true.

You mark out yourself by demonstrating just how nuts you are, and hey, that's when the other nuts recognise you as one of their own, and BAM!, friends are made.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110