Options

Copenhagen june 26 2007

Comments

• Options
    danedane Posts: 1,062
    Today, while at work, I was inside Forum. Though it was completely empty, it wasn't hard to imagine the place filled with jammers a few months from now.
    Can't wait!
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    ChrysophylaxChrysophylax Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 101
    dane wrote:
    The city center is not that big, but if you're planning on just walking around hoping to see them, you better start training now and buy proper shoes :)

You don't walk much do you:-)

The city center is easily walkable - it's about a mile wide and a little less across, so it only takes long to wlalk if the sun is out:-)

Most of the good stuff is outside the city center though - and the Little Mermaid is definately not worth visiting if you ask me!

Christiania is the place to go and relax for beers in the sun - unbeatable.
    '00: London, Roskilde
    '06: San Francisco I-II-III, The Gorge I-II
    '06: Bern, Bologna, Verona, Milan, Turin, Pistoia
    '07: Copenhagen
    '09: Berlin
    '10: Berlin
    '12: Amsterdam I-II
    '14: Milan, Berlin
    '16: EV at Heartland Festival
    '18: Krakow, Berlin 
    '22: Berlin, Zürich, Copenhagen, Amsterdam I-II
  • Options

Christiania is the place to go and relax for beers in the sun - unbeatable.

Didn't they knock that down :confused:
  • Options
    OutOfBreathOutOfBreath Posts: 1,804
    Didn't they knock that down :confused:
    It was a house occupied by youth activists for many many years they knowcked down. Christiania still stands (for now). Or am I gravely mistaken?

Peace
    Dan
    "YOU [humans] NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN'T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?" - Death

"Every judgment teeters on the brink of error. To claim absolute knowledge is to become monstrous. Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty." - Frank Herbert, Dune, 1965
  • Options
    You don't walk much do you:-)

LOL No I don't. Actually I have no idea of what pedestrians would consider to be a long walk. If it's more than 5 minuttes, I say take the bus!
    It was a house occupied by youth activists for many many years they knowcked down. Christiania still stands (for now). Or am I gravely mistaken?

You're absolutely right. The house was called Ungdomshuset. It was used as a hangout for lots of young people who arranged concerts and all sorts of culturel events.
    But last year the authorities vent back on their promise to let the activists keep the house. They sold it to a radical christian community and two weeks ago the police cleared it out and the christian community tore it down.
    So yet another symbol of danish liberalism is gone.
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    RoeghmannRoeghmann Posts: 968
    dane wrote:
    LOL No I don't. Actually I have no idea of what pedestrians would consider to be a long walk. If it's more than 5 minuttes, I say take the bus!

You're absolutely right. The house was called Ungdomshuset. It was used as a hangout for lots of young people who arranged concerts and all sorts of culturel events.
    But last year the authorities vent back on their promise to let the activists keep the house. They sold it to a radical christian community and two weeks ago the police cleared it out and the christian community tore it down.
    So yet another symbol of danish liberalism is gone.

actually the house was sold 6 years ago!
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh see the world.
  • Options
    Röeghmann wrote:
    actually the house was sold 6 years ago!

Thought I might be wrong with last year, but 6 years ago!!??
    No wonder they were kicked out then! ;)
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Hmm... well when yas agree on whether it still stands or not, let us know :p

I FINALLY got the tickets in the post :eek: close one!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Hmm... well when yas agree on whether it still stands or not, let us know :p

I FINALLY got the tickets in the post :eek: close one!

Fact: Ungdomshuset is reduced to rubble.
    Fact: Christiania still stands.
    Fact: This thread is not about all that.
    Fact: This thread is about us seing Pearl Jam in Copenhagen 14 weeks from now!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    dane wrote:
    Fact: This thread is about us seing Pearl Jam in Copenhagen 14 weeks from now!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I just talked to my cousin, who lives in Copenhagen and she said the same. Don't listen to me, I haven't a clue what I'm talking about :rolleyes: :p

14 weeks seems so looooooooong :(
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    dane wrote:
    :eek: :D Can't fucking wait... so are we going for the karaoke bar then? We've the London meet up all sorted out, suppose we can start arranging this one too :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    14 weeks seems so looooooooong :(

I know. But it's been a 7 year wait, so I guess we'll get through another 14 weeks.
    Can't fucking wait... so are we going for the karaoke bar then? We've the London meet up all sorted out, suppose we can start arranging this one too

Well, it isn't exactly my favorite place. But if we can get a few hundred jammers to invade it, it will be the best bar in town!
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    KirkwoodKirkwood Posts: 228
    So maybe not a Copenhagen thread thing but anyway.
    I´m flying to berlin on the 27/6 to see Sonic youth performe Daydream nation and then taking the train from Berlin to Amsterdam on the 28/6 for some more Pearl jam action.
    Anyone here do the same thing or want to join?
    2006 Paris, Prague
    2007 Munich, Katowice, Kopenhaven, Nijmegen
  • Options
    Just a small bump and that's all.
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    mohomoho Posts: 541
    dane wrote:
    Today, while at work, I was inside Forum. Though it was completely empty, it wasn't hard to imagine the place filled with jammers a few months from now.
    Can't wait!

Is the inside big? Or intimate? 14 weeks isn't that far!
    JUST PLAY THE F***ING NOTE!!!
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    moho wrote:
    Is the inside big? Or intimate?

giggidy

teeheehee... that really shouldn't have been on a page on its own!!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    giggidy

teeheehee... that really shouldn't have been on a page on its own!!

LOL No, it shouldn't! But then again, it depends on how you want to perceive that sentence.......

But yeah, the inside is big. But compared to other arena's they've played, I guess this is one of the smaller. It has a cap. of 10000 ppl, which is close to perfect for an indoor gig imo.
    Check http://www.forumcopenhagen.dk/English for more info.
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    livreirolivreiro Posts: 34
    Hi,

greetings from portugal.
    Any ticket available for copenhagen show???
    Its the only ticket I cant get :(((((

Paulo
  • Options
    livreiro wrote:
    Hi,

greetings from portugal.
    Any ticket available for copenhagen show???
    Its the only ticket I cant get :(((((

Paulo

I'll check with a friend of mine. He might have a spare. Non 10C though......
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    Röeghmann wrote:
    Danish music paper Gaffa mentioned on their hp that Queens of the stone age are planing on playing several shows in Denmark this summer incl Roskilde - lets hope for a show suporting Pearl Jam. It would be the best rockshow ever.

The Futureheads will support PJ.

http://www.thefutureheads.co.uk/home.php
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options
    The Futureheads will support PJ.

http://www.thefutureheads.co.uk/home.php

Thanks for the info. Listening to the streams on their hp. Sounds ok, but I need more time to let it grow.....
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    On page 3? Couldn't help it. Just had to bump it.
    Where did all the irish go?

I've been checking out The Futureheads and can't really say I like them. They remind me to much of Pulp and I'm just not into that whole...uhm...british sound.
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    sdsurfsdsurf San Diego, CA Posts: 70
    Hey! Just recently able to book my flight (coming from San Diego) and looking for a ticket for Copenhagen, too! Any fans in Oslo or Bergen going to the show? I'm going up there for the few days before the show to visit "distant" relatives who I've never met before - whoo hoo!
    12/31/91, 7/18/92, 7/19/92, 11/1/92, 6/24/95, 11/4/95, 10/25/00, 6/2/03, 6/5/03, 9/2/05, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 7/7/06, 7/9/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 6/18/07, 6/21/07, 6/26/07, 4/12/08(EV), 6/22/08, 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/7/09, 10/9/09, 5/18/10, 6/25/10, 7/5/11(EV), 7/6/11(EV) 11/3/11, 11/4/11, 11/6/11, 7/7/12, 7/9/12, 7/10/12, 7/19/13, 11/21/13, 11/23/13, 11/24/13, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 9/9/17 (EV), 7/1/18, 7/3/18, 7/5/18, 8/10/18, 9/28/19 (EV), 9/25/21 (EV), 9/26/21, 10/1/21, 10/2/21, 2/25/22 (EV), 2/27/22 (EV), 5/3/22, 5/6/22, 5/12/22, 9/16/22, 10/1/22 (EV). 

https://www.facebook.com/michaelpjohns
    https://www.instagram.com/mikejblue/
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    dane wrote:
    I've been checking out The Futureheads and can't really say I like them. They remind me to much of Pulp and I'm just not into that whole...uhm...british sound.

Pulp ? doesn't seem similar to me.. although I really likpe Pulp.
    I've listened to 30 seconds of each track of futureheads on iTunes and it seems its not bad at all. Not fantastic, nothing really new, but not bad.
    I bought the album on amazon and I should receive it in a few days...
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    sdsurf wrote:
    Hey! Just recently able to book my flight (coming from San Diego) and looking for a ticket for Copenhagen, too! Any fans in Oslo or Bergen going to the show? I'm going up there for the few days before the show to visit "distant" relatives who I've never met before - whoo hoo!

I could try Pinon or Amenttothat.
    Julien wrote:
    Pulp ? doesn't seem similar to me.. although I really likpe Pulp.
    I've listened to 30 seconds of each track of futureheads on iTunes and it seems its not bad at all. Not fantastic, nothing really new, but not bad.
    I bought the album on amazon and I should receive it in a few days...

Didn't mean that they sound like Pulp. I dunno, it's just something with his voice. But please give us a review, when you get a chanche. I was way of with The Black Keys. Didn't like them at first either, but have just bought 2 of their albums.
    And BTW, most of what I wrote was complete nonsense. I'm a big fan of Blur, Arctic Monkeys and Bloc Party and they're....well, british. :)
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    Hello dear Pearl Jam friends.
    I'm sad because I didn't get a ticket for PJ in Copenhagen. Can anyone help me? I would do anything for a ticket (well... not ANYTHING). If you have a spare ticket, please contact me. I would be forever and ever greatful. My email: marcusfremer@hotmail.com
    /Marcus / Sweden
    Dublin 01-06-00
    Stockholm 28-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    ??? Copenhagen 26-06-07 ???
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    Sorry, I need the 2 tickets I have...
    have you tried Ebay ?
    Hello dear Pearl Jam friends.
    I'm sad because I didn't get a ticket for PJ in Copenhagen. Can anyone help me? I would do anything for a ticket (well... not ANYTHING). If you have a spare ticket, please contact me. I would be forever and ever greatful. My email: marcusfremer@hotmail.com
    /Marcus / Sweden
    Dublin 01-06-00
    Stockholm 28-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    ??? Copenhagen 26-06-07 ???
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    Julien wrote:
    Sorry, I need the 2 tickets I have...
    have you tried Ebay ?

Sure! Checking eBay daily. There are lots of tickets for many shows, but I haven't seen any yet for the Copenhagen show. :(
    /M
  • Options
    livreirolivreiro Posts: 34
    no copenhagen tickets... :(
  • Options
    No tickets on Ebay, eh? Well, check this out http://www.dba.dk.
    Search for Pearl Jam. I got 6 hits! The page is in danish only though.

As always with these things, look out for scalpers and fake tix.
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07