Options

10 Club Lottery Losers / Whiners Thread

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    Poncier said:

No, Livenation has put a 10% cap on what they allow band fan clubs to get. Its not Pearl Jam or 10 club capping available 10c tickets, its the monopoly that is Ticketmaster/Livenation.
    10 club's hand are tied with this and it has helped to create the issue we have now with many members being shut out in high demand cities.

I'd be curious to see where that was indicated, as I can't find that statistic anywhere.
  • Options
    susannjsusannj Posts: 646
    I really don't think it matters if you picked GA or reserved seating first... its just pure luck. Member since '96 never lapsed membership... first time ever shut out of the lottery system. :(

1st choice 05/01/2016 New York, NY- Reserved Seating $188.00 LOST
    2nd choice 05/02/2016 New York, NY- Reserved Seating $188.00 LOST
    3rd choice 05/01/2016 New York, NY- GA Standing $188.00 LOST
    4th choice 05/02/2016 New York, NY- GA Standing $188.00 LOST
    -See the waves on distant shores, awaiting your arrival...

Stanhope, New Jersey 08-12-1992
    Randall's Island, New York 09-28-1996
    E. Rutherford, New Jersey 09-08-1998
    Wantagh, New York 08-24-2000
    New York, New York 07-09-2003
    E. Rutherford, New Jersey 06-03-2006
    New York, New York 05-21-2010
    Brooklyn, New York 10-19-2013
    New York, New York 05-01-2016
    New York, New York 09-11-2022
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,252

Poncier said:

No, Livenation has put a 10% cap on what they allow band fan clubs to get. Its not Pearl Jam or 10 club capping available 10c tickets, its the monopoly that is Ticketmaster/Livenation.
    10 club's hand are tied with this and it has helped to create the issue we have now with many members being shut out in high demand cities.

I'd be curious to see where that was indicated, as I can't find that statistic anywhere.
    Its been talked about in recent years and if I recall was mentioned by Tim Bierman during a PJ Sirius radio interview at some point a couple of years ago.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    subpoprockcitysubpoprockcity Posts: 241
    edited January 2016
    Poncier said:

Poncier said:

Its been talked about in recent years and if I recall was mentioned by Tim Bierman during a PJ Sirius radio interview at some point a couple of years ago.
    The reason I ask is that I work direct with promoters who indicate this isn't the case. Additionally, there are a few, not many, non ticketmaster venues in the large cities, that wouldn't have to abide by this, even if it was a done deal.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,561

Poncier said:

Poncier said:

The reason I ask is that I work direct with promoters who indicate this isn't the case. Additionally, there are a few, not many, non ticketmaster venues in the large cities, that wouldn't have to abide by this, even if it was a done deal.
    For example Denver....none of our big arenas use TM
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,610
    edited January 2016
    Poncier said:

Poncier said:

Yes, I have seen that 10% number thrown around a lot. In articles, interviews, etc. 10C gets as many club tix as it can, and they do negotiate I believe, when possible. It's another reason they switched back to a GA pit probably. You can fit way more people in the space, therefore making more 10C tix available.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    My kid who is 4 said to me today on the way to school...dad let's talk about pearl jam today! I said, what do you want to talk about...he said this song...pj radio on in car, song was bee girl...i smiled and said, I'd love to. The rest of the story is only his and mine.
  • Options
    danimal59danimal59 Rhode Island Posts: 65
    Hi. I never won tickets through 10 Club until now. I understand my seats could be anywhere in the venue correct? For those who have won tickets in the past, what have your experiences been, where have your seats been located when you have won tickets?

Thanks,

Dan
    2016.08.07 - Boston, MA Fenway Park
    2016.05.02 - NYC, Madison Square Garden
    2015.09.26 - NYC, Central Park, Global Citizen Festival
    2014.10.17 - Detroit, MI, Joe Louis Arena
    2010.05.17 - Boston, MA, TD Garden
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    edited January 2016
    Post edited by Saltzy23 on
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:

I finally realized the similar group that longtime 10c members feel their tenure here is like and remind me of. They seem to think it's like having season tickets for a team, and how that gives people the right to playoff tickets when everyone else is left scrambling. Except it's not. It means you signed up for a fan club earlier than I did. I am seriously trying to see the logic in a group of people deciding that because they have been formal, technical fans of this band longer than I have, that they now have lifelong rights to all the best tickets, for face value, for every show they want to go to while any newer member here is basically banished to figure it out, for every show, ever. So, essentially you feel its fair that you get to just piling up the concerts forever while a bunch of others never get to go? That is a fair system to you? Holy moly.

• Options
    Saltzy23 said:

I finally realized what the longtime 10c members feel their tenure is. They seem to think it's like having season tickets for a team, and how that gives people the right to playoff tickets when everyone else is left scrambling. Except it's not. It means you signed up for a fan club earlier than I did. I am seriously trying to see the logic in a group of people deciding that because they have been formal, technical fans of this band longer than I have, that they now have lifelong rights to all the best tickets, for face value, for every show they want to go to while any newer member here is basically banished to figure it out, for every show, ever. So, essentially you feel its fair that you get to just piling up the concerts forever while a bunch of others never get to go? That is a fair system to you? Holy moly.

The closest parallel is season tickets, as you indicated. If I put in for 20 years, that's different than putting in for 6 accounts last week.

Being a fan club member doesn't make you a technical fan. It just means you paid a membership fee.
  • Options

Saltzy23 said:

I finally realized what the longtime 10c members feel their tenure is. They seem to think it's like having season tickets for a team, and how that gives people the right to playoff tickets when everyone else is left scrambling. Except it's not. It means you signed up for a fan club earlier than I did. I am seriously trying to see the logic in a group of people deciding that because they have been formal, technical fans of this band longer than I have, that they now have lifelong rights to all the best tickets, for face value, for every show they want to go to while any newer member here is basically banished to figure it out, for every show, ever. So, essentially you feel its fair that you get to just piling up the concerts forever while a bunch of others never get to go? That is a fair system to you? Holy moly.

The closest parallel is season tickets, as you indicated. If I put in for 20 years, that's different than putting in for 6 accounts last week.

Being a fan club member doesn't make you a technical fan. It just means you paid a membership fee.
    Season tickets cost thousands of dollars and come with a tremendous amount of risk, not to mention the aggravation of having to sell any extras and/or eat any unused tickets.

You mailed in a postcard in 2001 bruh.
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:

Saltzy23 said:

Season tickets cost thousands of dollars and come with a tremendous amount of risk, not to mention the aggravation of having to sell any extras and/or eat any unused tickets.

You mailed in a postcard in 2001 bruh.
    And? So did everyone else in 2001, or years previous. The amount of money isn't the issue. The extras ticket issue is the exact same.
    I wish someone in here could see that maybe no one actually wishes for anyone to get locked out of tickets, and that it might not be a black and white issue.
  • Options
    danimal59 said:

Hi. I never won tickets through 10 Club until now. I understand my seats could be anywhere in the venue correct? For those who have won tickets in the past, what have your experiences been, where have your seats been located when you have won tickets?

Thanks,

Dan

You're about to find out the allure and experience of 10c tix.
    Congrats! You will enjoy opening that envelope.
  • Options
    danimal59danimal59 Rhode Island Posts: 65

danimal59 said:

Thanks,

Dan

You're about to find out the allure and experience of 10c tix.
    Congrats! You will enjoy opening that envelope.
    Thanks for responding.. I explained to a friend that I won, and I told him that it is kind of fun to not know and be 'surprised' where the seats could be.
    2016.08.07 - Boston, MA Fenway Park
    2016.05.02 - NYC, Madison Square Garden
    2015.09.26 - NYC, Central Park, Global Citizen Festival
    2014.10.17 - Detroit, MI, Joe Louis Arena
    2010.05.17 - Boston, MA, TD Garden
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,561
    danimal59 said:

Thanks,

Dan

Reserved seats are distributed on a seniority basis. The lower your member number the closer you'll be to the stage in the lower sections.

10club hold the best lower sections.
    G.A. on the floor
    And maybe a few rows of reserved just behind the G.A.
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    susannj said:

I really don't think it matters if you picked GA or reserved seating first... its just pure luck. Member since '96 never lapsed membership... first time ever shut out of the lottery system. :(

This is 100% correct. For any high demand show, it really doesn't matter whether you pick GA or reserved as your first priority. It is just blind, dumb luck. Some folks will be selected, and some won't.

Your odds will not increase astronomically by picking reserved seats as your first priority for a popular show. Your odds will not decrease astronomically by picking GA as your first choice for a popular show.

I saw instances where people won tickets in Philadelphia with their second priority pick. I saw plenty of examples of people striking out when picking reserved seats for priorities 1 through 4.

It's just luck... try for whatever tickets you like best. You have the same chances as any other member.
  • Options
    riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    I'm super excited to have won GA tickets for New York! :) even better that I'm traveling from Alaska!! I'm a youngin and have only seen them 3 times, all from pretty far away from the stage. There is not a bad seat at a pearl jam show. If I didn't get lucky enough to win, id still be pumped on trying to score tickets anywhere else in the building. It's totally about the atmosphere for me. The building is full of great people reguardless of location.

See you all in New York!
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    3days said:

susannj said:

This is 100% correct. For any high demand show, it really doesn't matter whether you pick GA or reserved as your first priority. It is just blind, dumb luck. Some folks will be selected, and some won't.

Your odds will not increase astronomically by picking reserved seats as your first priority for a popular show. Your odds will not decrease astronomically by picking GA as your first choice for a popular show.

I saw instances where people won tickets in Philadelphia with their second priority pick. I saw plenty of examples of people striking out when picking reserved seats for priorities 1 through 4.

It's just luck... try for whatever tickets you like best. You have the same chances as any other member.
    Remember that there are 2 nights, people were not given 2nd pick to the exclusion of those with 1st on the same night.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    PJM3333PJM3333 Chicago Posts: 291
    riley540 said:

I'm super excited to have won GA tickets for New York! :) even better that I'm traveling from Alaska!! I'm a youngin and have only seen them 3 times, all from pretty far away from the stage. There is not a bad seat at a pearl jam show. If I didn't get lucky enough to win, id still be pumped on trying to score tickets anywhere else in the building. It's totally about the atmosphere for me. The building is full of great people reguardless of location.

See you all in New York!

Congrats! Have fun!
    2000-Chicago
    2003-Chicago, East Troy
    2006-Chicago, Cleveland
    2009-Chicago
    2011-PJ20 1, PJ20 2
    2013-Wrigley
    2014-Moline, Milwaukee
    2016-Lexington, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2018-Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    MK88178 said:

The real problem is that everyone goes after GA tickets because they are the presumed best seats. There is probably 500 pairs of tickets to that section give or take. The odds of getting those are slim to none. If you chose reserved your odds are much higher. So when you strike out because you go for the highest demand shows with the highest section, just don't be shocked. Using a 2nd or 3rd choice for ga you will most likely strike out unless you are the group that in the Midwest that had the rail every show in 14. That still dumb founds me. Now for the bright side you still have a shot to get tickets. I didn't have tickets for either philly show in 2013. Two weeks after they went on sale I bought tickets for behind the stage for both nights. They were amazing. See you all Friday. Philly 2 I'm coming for you

In Cincinnati, security told me there were 1500 in GA. I think that the GA capacity is much larger than you may think.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    riley540 said:

See you all in New York!

Congratulations! Have a great time!
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    jo mamajo mama Posts: 26
    edited January 2016
    2nd go around with the lottery system and this is the 2nd time I have been completely shut out. I only put it for NY & Brooklyn so I can see why I did get shut out. I wish where you lived bumped up your priority but can see how people would have major issues with that. Unfortunately I cant travel due to kids and job. Got a quick question though...... Back in 2003 when PJ played the garden, didn't the ten club go above and beyond to get everyone in for those 2 shows? I think they had like 8,000 member the first night and 10,000 the 2nd. Am I wrong in thinking that? If in fact they did that back then whats stopping them from doing it now? Just wondering....
    Post edited by jo mama on
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,252
    jo mama said:

2nd go around with the lottery system and this is the 2nd time I have been completely shut out. I only put it for NY & Brooklyn so I can see why I did get shut out. I wish where you lived bumped up your priority but can see how people would have major issues with that. Unfortunately I cant travel due to kids and job. Got a quick question though...... Back in 2003 when PJ played the garden, didn't the ten club go above and beyond to get everyone in for those 2 shows? I think they had like 8,000 member the first night and 10,000 the 2nd. Am I wrong in thinking that? If in fact they did that back then whats stopping them from doing it now? Just wondering....

Yes, PJ used to get a lot more seats for 10 clubbers.
    Livenation has since capped the amount of tickets they will allow a band to secure for its fan club, rumored to be at 10% level.
    This weekend we rock Portland