Options

10 Club Lottery Losers / Whiners Thread

Comments

• Options

StevieG said:

At the very least it should be weighted based on your seniority. They can stick the lottery up their asses!!

why should I pay every year when I can sign up just before the tickets go on sale? this is stupid.
    This is the best question I've seen posted in any thread since the lottery was conceived.
    98 - E. Lansing
    00 - Noblesville, Jones Beach 1,2,3 , Auburn Hills, Ice Bowl, Chicago
    03 - Denver, Oklahoma City, Mountainview, Irvine x2 , San Diego, Las Vegas, Phoenix
    04 - Grand Rapids
    06 - Grand Rapids, Auburn Hills
    09 - Chicago 1
    10 - Noblesville, Cleveland
    11 - PJ20 x2
    14 - Detroit
    16 - Wrigley 1,2
    18 - Seattle 1,2
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    I've come to whine and bellyache.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    Yzermike said:

StevieG said:

At the very least it should be weighted based on your seniority. They can stick the lottery up their asses!!

why should I pay every year when I can sign up just before the tickets go on sale? this is stupid.
    This is the best question I've seen posted in any thread since the lottery was conceived.
    And the answer is that paying every year maintains your seniority, and your seniority dictates where your seats are.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Yzermike said:

StevieG said:

I mean, really. I can save a bucket of money by giving up the off years where there's no tour.
  • Options
    Yzermike said:

StevieG said:

Not is not, seniority has never given you better chances for a ticjey in the last 20 or so years I have been in.

It is the same question asked every tour. It only determines your seat location.
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
  • Options
    StevieGStevieG Ontario Posts: 850
    I understand the 10 clubs thought process behind the lottery but the question remains- why not weigh the lottery based on seniority? Surely I should have a better chance of getting tickets than someone who just joined
    Barrie, ON - Aug 22, 1998
    London, ON - Sep 12, 2005
    Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
  • Options

Yzermike said:

StevieG said:

Not is not, seniority has never given you better chances for a ticjey in the last 20 or so years I have been in.

It is the same question asked every tour. It only determines your seat location.
    Actually, that's not true. The lottery system before seats is a change. I can pull up previous tours emails to confirm this.
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Still haven't win or lost anything. Ross won Philly GA night 1. Still waiting. Don't know if that's good or bad news.
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    VillagePJVillagePJ Peterborough, UK Posts: 195
    sorry guys but the seniority thing for GA isn't a fair system, its not an equal chance for all members that have paid for their membership.
    if you've been lucky enough to have won GA tickets for a number of years then that's great but during those years there were also members who missed out, this time it maybe you and yes its crap when you lose out but it seems a little selfish when people comment about how ive been a member longer so I deserve tickets more than someone whos been a member for a lesser time.
    Each member is equally deserving of a chance to win tickets, some you win some you lose, well done 10c for securing GA to each show and trying to look after its members, never going to please everyone when demand is so high though.
    London, Hyde Park 25/6/10
    Isle of Wight 23/6/12
    London, Hammersmith 31/7/12 (EV)
    Leeds 8/7/14
    Milton Keynes 11/7/14
    London, Shepherds Bush Empire 11/11/14 (EV The Who tribute)
    Boston, Fenway Park 05/08/16
    Boston, Fenway Park 07/08/16
    London, Hammersmith Apollo 2017 (EV)
    Taormina, Sicily June 2017 (EV)
    London, O2 Arena 18th June 2018
    London, O2 Arena 19th June 2018 :(
  • Options
    VillagePJ said:

sorry guys but the seniority thing for GA isn't a fair system, its not an equal chance for all members that have paid for their membership.
    if you've been lucky enough to have won GA tickets for a number of years then that's great but during those years there were also members who missed out, this time it maybe you and yes its crap when you lose out but it seems a little selfish when people comment about how ive been a member longer so I deserve tickets more than someone whos been a member for a lesser time.
    Each member is equally deserving of a chance to win tickets, some you win some you lose, well done 10c for securing GA to each show and trying to look after its members, never going to please everyone when demand is so high though.

I haven't won GA tickets for a few years.

Still doesn't answer the question: if your seniority means jack shit for tickets, why should I pay any year where there is no tour?
  • Options
    gjv76gjv76 Posts: 33
    StillHere said:

Still haven't win or lost anything. Ross won Philly GA night 1. Still waiting. Don't know if that's good or bad news.

I'm in limbo too. No wins or loses yet, but not feeling good about it.
  • Options
    I lost, but refuse to give up! Looking for tickets to Philly/MSG. It's gonna happen!
  • Options
    VillagePJVillagePJ Peterborough, UK Posts: 195

VillagePJ said:

Still doesn't answer the question: if your seniority means jack shit for tickets, why should I pay any year where there is no tour?
    same reason as I pay I suppose, I enjoy being part of 10c, not just for tours, ive not had the chance yet to enter a lottery for tickets as only been in for 2 years and in the uk. We're all the same here though.
    if seniority was the method wheres the incentive for anyone else to join?
    I understand the feelings of missing out but no-one should ever have more of a right than anyone else.
    London, Hyde Park 25/6/10
    Isle of Wight 23/6/12
    London, Hammersmith 31/7/12 (EV)
    Leeds 8/7/14
    Milton Keynes 11/7/14
    London, Shepherds Bush Empire 11/11/14 (EV The Who tribute)
    Boston, Fenway Park 05/08/16
    Boston, Fenway Park 07/08/16
    Taormina, Sicily June 2017 (EV)
    London, O2 Arena 18th June 2018
    London, O2 Arena 19th June 2018 :(
  • Options
    gjv76 said:

StillHere said:

I still have no update on Toronto. Only show I put in for. I have refreshed my browser and email more today than pj20.
    Well... maybe. I might have a problem.
    98 - E. Lansing
    00 - Noblesville, Jones Beach 1,2,3 , Auburn Hills, Ice Bowl, Chicago
    03 - Denver, Oklahoma City, Mountainview, Irvine x2 , San Diego, Las Vegas, Phoenix
    04 - Grand Rapids
    06 - Grand Rapids, Auburn Hills
    09 - Chicago 1
    10 - Noblesville, Cleveland
    11 - PJ20 x2
    14 - Detroit
    16 - Wrigley 1,2
    18 - Seattle 1,2
  • Options
    VillagePJ said:

VillagePJ said:

same reason as I pay I suppose, I enjoy being part of 10c, not just for tours, ive not had the chance yet to enter a lottery for tickets as only been in for 2 years and in the uk. We're all the same here though.
    if seniority was the method wheres the incentive for anyone else to join?
    I understand the feelings of missing out but no-one should ever have more of a right than anyone else.

You join, and your seniority increases every year. I started with a crap number at the time I signed up. It got better as I hung in there.
    That's the motivation.
    Telling members their seniority counts for many, many, years, and then now it doesn't is disingenuous.
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    I don't do Facebook or Twitter etc... but is 10Club sending out "Loser" emails?
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    Yzermike said:

gjv76 said:

StillHere said:

I still have no update on Toronto. Only show I put in for. I have refreshed my browser and email more today than pj20.
    Well... maybe. I might have a problem.
    Same here for TO, waiting in limbo, trying to stay hopeful, just want to know so I can go about my day, this is to stressful lol
    2011: Toronto #2
  • Options
    otter523otter523 Posts: 250
    I was shut out also. Tried for either night of MSG. I'm in Albany so its the only show that was realistic for me to hit. Really bummed. Good luck everyone.
    09/13/98 - 08/27/00 - 08/29/00 - 08/30/00 - 04/29/03 - 07/03/03 - 07/11/03 - 09/28/04 - 09/15/05 - 05/12/06 -10/15/13 - 10/25/13 - 04/29/16 - 05/01/16 - 05/02/16 - 05/08/16 - 08/05/16 - 08/07/16 - RRHOF-04/07/17 - 09/02/18 - 09/04/18 - 09/03/22 - 09/11/22

E.V-06/08/09 - 06/09/09
  • Options
    StevieG said:

I understand the 10 clubs thought process behind the lottery but the question remains- why not weigh the lottery based on seniority? Surely I should have a better chance of getting tickets than someone who just joined

because they don't actually give a shit
  • Options
    VillagePJ said:

I just wanted reserved seats!! Didn't even try for GA. I agree that everyone deserves a chance at tickets but some people should have a little better chance. Just my opinion
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
  • Options

Yzermike said:

StevieG said:

Actually, that's not true. The lottery system before seats is a change. I can pull up previous tours emails to confirm this.
    Seconded - it's not true. Seniority used to reliably determine whether or not you'd get tickets (ask anyone from the 1995 or 1998 tours about this). But this wasn't really a problem in earlier years when the fan club was smaller or in shows with capacity of 30,000+.

I've been around the 10C since 1998 (although I think it lapsed somewhere between 2003-05. Even with more than 10 years at the dish, my reserved seating priority only ever got me within the first 13 rows of seats behind the soundboard at the Air Canada Shows.

So the relative benefits of seniority are questionable in the lottery era and they've been reduced to the very narrow benefit of proximity in reserved seating. But that said, should "I liked them first" really give you that much rank over other fans who've joined and paid the same membership fee as you? I dunno. I don't think the superfans should rank ahead of others for all the gross reasons that have come up in those endless "Respect the Line" and railglory threads.

MP
    8/22/98 - Barrie, Ontario
    10/5/00 - Toronto, Ontario
    6/28/03 - Toronto, Ontario
    9/22/05 - Halifax, Nova Scotia
    9/11/11 - Toronto, Ontario
    9/12/11 - Toronto, Ontario
    7/31/12 - London, England (EV)
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, New York
    12/2/13 - Calgary, Alberta
    05/10/16 - Toronto, Ontario
    05/12/16 - Toronto, Ontario
    09/06/16 - Hamilton, Ontario
    09/08/22 - Toronto, Ontario

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,837

StevieG said:

I have an extremely high number, and I agree with you.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    MP188882 said:

Yzermike said:

StevieG said:

Seconded - it's not true. Seniority used to reliably determine whether or not you'd get tickets (ask anyone from the 1995 or 1998 tours about this). But this wasn't really a problem in earlier years when the fan club was smaller or in shows with capacity of 30,000+.

I've been around the 10C since 1998 (although I think it lapsed somewhere between 2003-05. Even with more than 10 years at the dish, my reserved seating priority only ever got me within the first 13 rows of seats behind the soundboard at the Air Canada Shows.

So the relative benefits of seniority are questionable in the lottery era and they've been reduced to the very narrow benefit of proximity in reserved seating. But that said, should "I liked them first" really give you that much rank over other fans who've joined and paid the same membership fee as you? I dunno. I don't think the superfans should rank ahead of others for all the gross reasons that have come up in those endless "Respect the Line" and railglory threads.

it's not "i liked them first." it's I bought into the membership at a certain time. I know plenty of fans that are not 10c members and it has no bearing on whether or not they like the band.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,837

VillagePJ said:

I haven't won GA tickets for a few years.

well it actually does.....in the reserved sections. just not the floor since they brought back GA to North America.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,610
    StevieG said:

Because they would never get another person to pay for a 10C membership? Seriously, why would any person want to pay the same amount you are paying but be treated like a second class citizen who gets lower chances of getting tickets?? I sure as fuck wouldn't. That would make ZERO business sense, they would be slapping the faces of every younger or newer fan they had, and is also insanely unfair to newer members, who are fans just like you are. I am actually kind of stunned that anyone thinks this is a reasonable suggestion.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Lottery my furry fucking hole. Haha
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
  • Options
    I'd rather a terrible GA ticket than no ticket. So again, why should I pay for my membership unless a) I know there's going to be a tour and b) there's equal chance in any year of getting tickets? That's a lot of years of paying for nothing in between tours.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,610
    StevieG said:

VillagePJ said:

I just wanted reserved seats!! Didn't even try for GA. I agree that everyone deserves a chance at tickets but some people should have a little better chance. Just my opinion
    Why should some people have a little better chance?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    A terrible GA ticket?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

StevieG said:

VillagePJ said:

Why should some people have a little better chance?
    You again? Haha. Like I said I think it should be weighted based on seniority. The longer you've been in the better your chance
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013