• Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,360
    :lol:
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    TrixieTrixie Posts: 179

VillagePJ said:

sorry guys but the seniority thing for GA isn't a fair system, its not an equal chance for all members that have paid for their membership.
    if you've been lucky enough to have won GA tickets for a number of years then that's great but during those years there were also members who missed out, this time it maybe you and yes its crap when you lose out but it seems a little selfish when people comment about how ive been a member longer so I deserve tickets more than someone whos been a member for a lesser time.
    Each member is equally deserving of a chance to win tickets, some you win some you lose, well done 10c for securing GA to each show and trying to look after its members, never going to please everyone when demand is so high though.

I haven't won GA tickets for a few years.

Still doesn't answer the question: if your seniority means jack shit for tickets, why should I pay any year where there is no tour?
  • Options

To add insult to injury for who ever was complaining about being a member for years, someone posted on facebook they joined only a few days ago and got tickets to MSG.

again, what purpose does renewing it yearly achieve?
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

To add insult to injury for who ever was complaining about being a member for years, someone posted on facebook they joined only a few days ago and got tickets to MSG.

again, what purpose does renewing it yearly achieve?
    None, don't.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    TrixieTrixie Posts: 179
    I completely agree. There used to be a reason why we joined this Club. That reason no longer exists Throwing money out the window is not high on my priority list.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,610
    edited January 2016

Good for them! I bet they will have a blast. That's how PJ attracts and keeps new fans. I personally love seeing a lot of younger people at the shows. Keeps the energy up, a new generation listening to good music. It's great that new members can get a fair shot at good tickets for that membership fee that they are paying.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Walking the milesWalking the miles Toronto Posts: 548
    I was just shut out of TO and Ottawa. Them's the breaks. I'll get in there somehow
    "Feel the path of everyday....which road you taking?"

Barrie, ON '98
    Toronto, ON '00/'03/'06/'09/'11/'16(x2)
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Good for them! I bet they will have a blast. That's how PJ attracts and keeps new fans. I personally love seeing a lot of younger people at the shows. Keeps the energy up, a new generation listening to good music. It's great that new members can get a fair shot at good tickets for that membership fee that they are paying.
    that said, just because they joined a few days ago doesn't mean they weren't a fan before. it just means they weren't paying membership fees. So sure, it's great if they're attracting new fans, but a) new 10c members aren't necessarily new fans and b) they already had a lottery system in place to randomly allocate stuff right up at the front and rows 9-10.
  • Options
    Trixie said:

I completely agree. There used to be a reason why we joined this Club. That reason no longer exists Throwing money out the window is not high on my priority list.

It's not cheap, either. It has doubled since I first joined.
  • Options
    Brane_of_JFKBrane_of_JFK Maryland Posts: 1,900
    Got Philly night 1 but not night 2
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

that said, just because they joined a few days ago doesn't mean they weren't a fan before. it just means they weren't paying membership fees. So sure, it's great if they're attracting new fans, but a) new 10c members aren't necessarily new fans and b) they already had a lottery system in place to randomly allocate stuff right up at the front and rows 9-10.
    True, but with fewer shows and much higher demand, they would have a hell of a hard time just getting in the door.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited January 2016

Trixie said:

$40 per year. $3.33 per month .77 cents a week, must have been real cheap back in the day. Kinda like when records were $7 and not $35
  • Options
    Lost for the tough-draw MSG. Still really want to go as I caught 2 each in '03, '08 and 2010. Jammers always help out great and so I'm holding on to hope to score a ticket for each. If anyone can help, please message me. Can't wait to see you all for the pre-parties and shows!
    1/95 DC 7/95 Chicago Tor Tol Cha 96 AlpV I II Chi St L KC 98 BSB I II 99 Phx Vegas Fresno SBern 00 BSB I II 01 (met ed) Vegas Phx Fargo St. Paul Chicago Alpine V Indy Col Virg Phi I II MSG I II (got on DVD!) 03 Calg 05 Clev Vegas LA I II SBar 06 Lon Dus Cop Nij Bel 07 Phi I II DC MSG I II Har BOS I II 08, LA3/4, SD '09, MSG I II '10, Missoula, London ONT, Wrigley, SD, LA1/2, Portland. Wrigley '16 I and II. 
  • Options
    subpoprockcitysubpoprockcity Posts: 241
    edited January 2016
    MedozK said:

Trixie said:

$40 per year. $3.33 per month .77 cents a week, must have been real cheap back in the day. Kinda like when records were $7 and not $35
    it was 20 bucks for what is now called an analog membership. This change happened in the mid 2000s I believe. So yes, it doubled. There's really no need to be patronizing about it, thanks.

Correction, it was 2011. http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/146101/ten-club-analog-and-digital-memberships/p1

Post edited by subpoprockcity on
  • Options
    Ah well better get of this forum and start chasing down a ticket for MSG either night 1 or 2.

Will stay away from this place http://www.viagogo.com/au/Concert-Tickets/Alternative-and-Indie/Pearl-Jam-Tickets/E-1527873

Rod Laver Arena - Feb 18, 2003
    Rod Laver Arena - Nov 13, 2006
    Adelaide Oval - Nov 17, 2009
    Etihad Stadium - Nov 20, 2009
    BDO Melbourne - Jan 24, 2014
    New York - May 02 - 2016

Powered by Pearl Jam
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

Well that's true. There would be a mix of ages with new memberships. But I figure that making sure the new folks do get a fair shot at tix appeals to the young'uns, lol. As far as ticket availability goes... I feel like the frustration of older members might come from the fact that availability was much better in the past. PJ had much larger tours and way less hype for many, many years there. There were simply more tix to go around. But now their tours are so much smaller as well as a resurgence in interest among more casual fans (nostalgia plus finally having enough money to afford the shows). The demand is simply greater. Members who used to get 10C tix to every show simply can't anymore. I understand how that would burn. But it's a fact to consider. The distribution of fewer tix to more people definitely needs to be a fair process that includes everyone if PJ wants to get tix to a wide range of fans. It just makes good business sense.

I wouldn't blame people for leaving the club if their only desire is a guarantee of good tix. That just isn't what this club is for (nor is any fan club where members far outnumber available tickets). If you're not also paying for posting privileges and the bootleg download, the annual single, Deep, the newsletter, and access to members-only merch sales, along with a CHANCE at GA tix, then I would agree that there is no reason to continue paying the fees.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Well that's true. There would be a mix of ages with new memberships. But I figure that making sure the new folks do get a fair shot at tix appeals to the young'uns, lol. As far as ticket availability goes... I feel like the frustration of older members might come from the fact that availability was much better in the past. PJ had much larger tours and way less hype for many, many years there. There were simply more tix to go around. But now their tours are so much smaller as well as a resurgence in interest among more casual fans (nostalgia plus finally having enough money to afford the shows). The demand is simply greater. Members who used to get 10C tix to every show simply can't anymore. I understand how that would burn. But it's a fact to consider. The distribution of fewer tix to more people definitely needs to be a fair process that includes everyone if PJ wants to get tix to a wide range of fans. It just makes good business sense.

I wouldn't blame people for leaving the club if their only desire is a guarantee of good tix. That just isn't what this club is for (nor is any fan club where members far outnumber available tickets). If you're not also paying for posting privileges and the bootleg download, the annual single, Deep, the newsletter, and access to members-only merch sales, along with a CHANCE at GA tix, then I would agree that there is no reason to continue paying the fees.
    if they were consistent with these too, then sure. More years than not lately I have had to ask them several times to mail me the xmas single, and got it in march once I emailed several times. The newsletters are nothing to write home about, or pay for, as is the case for the merch sales.
  • Options
    Wife and I both tried for nine shows. Entered for GA and RSV for all nine shows. So that's basically 36 tries. And got none.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

I'm also not convinced that the tours are smaller, hence the lack of tickets. They have been playing the same sized venues, if not the same venues, for many, many tours.
  • Options

Wife and I both tried for nine shows. Entered for GA and RSV for all nine shows. So that's basically 36 tries. And got none.

Not trying to be a dick, but you both made really poor choices in your priority selection.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited January 2016

If you don't mind me asking, did the consists of New York and Philly shows, if so, you could only win one from each city of those. So only 2 possible from 8. So if 8 of your choices were NY1 GA, NY1 RES, NY2 GA, NY2 RES, Philly 1GA, Philly 1 RES, Philly 2 GA, Philly 2 RES.. you could only win 1 of those. If I remember the fine print on the lottery details, but again maybe not...who knows.
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • Options
    Wrongly AccusedWrongly Accused Posts: 334
    edited January 2016
    Can I get some cheese with my f-ing whine please... Someone... Anyone...image
  • Options

Can I get some cheese with my f-ing whine please... Someone... Anyone...image

terrible.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

I'm also not convinced that the tours are smaller, hence the lack of tickets. They have been playing the same sized venues, if not the same venues, for many, many tours.
    They have, but way fewer shows every year. The band is definitely winding down, slowly but surely. They are all doing more side projects, etc etc. They just aren't committing nearly as much time to Pearl Jam shows... I think that's why they are doing 3+ hour shows now - to make up for the fact that they aren't doing enough shows to meet the demands of their large fan base. More people are travelling to shows too, now that all the older fans have the means to do so (I am actually surprised there isn't a thread about how locals should get first dibs on tickets in their hometown yet! There usually is, lol).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    ofthegirl75ofthegirl75 New Jersey Posts: 300
    I lost all 8 of my entries. Which I will get over. But what pisses me off is how minutes after tickets go on sale they will be on numerous other ticket sites. Then I have to pay probably twice or more what I could have paid for fan club seats. It's not right.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

They have, but way fewer shows every year. The band is definitely winding down, slowly but surely. They are all doing more side projects, etc etc. They just aren't committing nearly as much time to Pearl Jam shows... I think that's why they are doing 3+ hour shows now - to make up for the fact that they aren't doing enough shows to meet the demands of their large fan base. More people are travelling to shows too, now that all the older fans have the means to do so (I am actually surprised there isn't a thread about how locals should get first dibs on tickets in their hometown yet! There usually is, lol).
    I mentioned that elsewhere, because they did do that for the EV solo tour I believe. Sorry folks, I know there are big 10c fans here, but I really just don't see a reason to keep paying, and I am shocked that after 17 years, I am considering this.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

But that was always just about getting better seats, and it still is. Nothing has changed. I really dislike the fact that somehow people are taking that fact and for some reason saying it means people should get first dibs on tickets, which has never been done by 10C. It vexes me because it's not logical and asks for or shows an expectation of something that Pearl Jam has never offered its fans.

no, it wasn't. I have the emails from other tours, and a search through the old forums will confirm this, that it wasn't just about seats, it was about both seats and tickets.
    ??? Please paste. I have never heard that seniority has even guaranteed tickets or places people with seniority at the front of the line for purchasing tickets. Not once. If that has ever been the case, I will alter by view slightly, in that there is some reason for old members to wish that still happened (but not that it would be reasonable or close to it). If what you say is true it must have been a VERY long time ago....

Been a member since 1993. As far as I can remember, everyone has always had the same chance at getting tickets via F5 (in the past) or lottery (now).

Seniority has only come into play when allocating reserved seats to those who were successful in getting tickets.

Thus, there is value in renewing to keep up seniority for reserved seats.

• Options
    Apparently I don't understand the dynamics of the lottery. If someone can explain how to get ANY tickets in the lottery I'm all ears. I guess making Jacksonville the number one priority might have scored me something
  • Options
    you can disagree, but I'm not really a fan of paying for the *chance* to get tickets.
  • Options
    fugawzifugawzi Posts: 874
    Well there's the other stuff you get like the t shirt, newsletter, the 10c annual single etc. but of course we all pay for the early access to tickets.

I see this every time there's a presale. People get upset when they get shut out and I can understand. I'd be pissed too but I don't see how canceling your membership is going to help you out in the end. Unless you're just really pressed for the extra $40 a year, which you probably aren't.

West Palm 2000 I & II/West Palm '03/Tampa '03/Kissimmee '04/Vic Theater '07/West Palm '08/Tampa '08/NYC MSG I & II '08/Philly Spectrum III & IV '09/Cleveland '10/Bristow '10/PJ20 I & II 2011/Pensacola '12/Pittsburgh '13/Denver '14