Options

10 Club Lottery Losers / Whiners Thread

Comments

• Options

im a member of TC not for the tickets, thers no lottery theres no early admissión for South America gigs.

im a member because i like PJ and many people when i told im in the fan club, they look at me very strange.....and i feel proud of me...

I'm a little confused myself.... other fans look at you strange... and that's worth the fees?
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,548
    PJ_Soul said:

StevieG said:

Just my opinion. I've been a member since 2003 and I think someone who's been in longer deserves a better chance. I think I deserve a better chance than someone who just joined. That's all, no further explanation required. You don't have to agree, remember this thread is for whining

Lol, I know it is. And I'm just here whining about the idea that some members think they are better than others and how that idea makes no sense on several levels. ;)
    The band for 20 years thought that having seniority meant certain members were entitled to the better seats. The band obviously thought it made sense to reward their longest customers.
  • Options
    pearlgirl52pearlgirl52 At a Pearl Jam show, hopefully. Posts: 653

I have been to a show every year. Went to hometown show moline last year. I have never won lottery. Still in it this time. Have never been still in this late. The old way in nineties were good. I always go tickets. This way can drive one mad bit either way I'll be at a show.

So you were the one person who yelled when Ed asked "who all here lives in Moline?" :lol: Kidding of course. Good luck today!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,610
    StevieG said:

PJ_Soul said:

StevieG said:

PJ_Soul said:

StevieG said:

Just my opinion. I've been a member since 2003 and I think someone who's been in longer deserves a better chance. I think I deserve a better chance than someone who just joined. That's all, no further explanation required. You don't have to agree, remember this thread is for whining

Lol, I know it is. And I'm just here whining about the idea that some members think they are better than others and how that idea makes no sense on several levels. ;)
    You really like to put words in people's mouths don't you? Where did I say that "I'm better" than other members? I said the lottery should be weighted, show me where I said that I'm better. You are completely fucked, that's just an opinion.
    I do believe that is a violation of the board rules buddy. Don't lower yourself.
    The reason members think they should get tix before other members is because they think they are more deserving of said tix I assume. That, to me, suggests they think they are better members than other members. If they don't think they are superior members, then why else would they think they should have more of a right to tickets? I think it's a fair inference.
    Once again, never once did I say that I am better than anyone else. I gave my opinion on how the lottery should work, you are certainly entitled to your opinion. With that being said don't go telling me that I think I'm better than other people or that I'm superior. Now, kindly fuck off. Report me if you like.
    :lol: Anger issues!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited January 2016

PJ_Soul said:

StevieG said:

The band for 20 years thought that having seniority meant certain members were entitled to the better seats. The band obviously thought it made sense to reward their longest customers.
    Correct. That is why they continue to do that. Big difference between better seats and getting tickets.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JB56195JB56195 Posts: 303

The trick is to not care there are way more important issues in my life then if i win tickets to a PJ show i've seen them 40 times been a paying member since 1993 , i put in for the local shows that i can drive to or commute to Both MSG & PHILLY 2nd night only got nada but to be honest it doesn't even register on my emotional radar i just don't care about this band like i used to in the height of my fathom back in 92 thru 2000 i could care less i'm not even attempting TM or STUBHUB .........

You and I are in the same place. I went all in for MSG just to say I'd been there once in my lifetime. If I don't make it I won't lose any sleep. Just like I didn't when I didn't win Seattle last tour. I've grown more disenchanted with the band since PJ20. That was a great event. Then I saw them at Wrigley which quite frankly sucked. Bad concert venue, rain, tired because they played so late, and finally couldn't find any transportation to get back to the hotel. Lost the lottery to Moline, Il which is my hometown. I scored tickets through ticketmaster but found myself not all that excited about the full album no code. The last album was pedestrian. I still think they put on a great show which is why I tried to get tixs. If I don't, there are so many great live bands out there.

95-Milwaukee, 98-East Troy, 00-East Troy, 03-Detroit  Nights 1 and 2, 03-Toronto, 04-Grand Rapids, 05-Kitchener, 06-Cincinnati, 06-Auburn Hills, 10-New Orleans, 10-Kansas City, 11-PJ20 Nights 1 and 2, 13-Chicago, 14- Moline, 16-Chicago Nights 1 and 2, 18-Seattle Nights 1 and 2, Chicago Night 1, 21-Ohana Encore Night 1 and 2, 22-Imola, St. Louis.

• Options

PJ_Soul said:

StevieG said:

PJ_Soul said:

StevieG said:

I really dislike the fact that people here are dismissing this exact point, or flat out denying it was the case. There are, and were, people from the mid to late 90s that have paid dues every year, and got nothing for tickets, because they decide, after plugging this whole line about seniority for two decades, that meh, not going to bother. Here, pay your fan club fees every year because seniority, until we decide otherwise and your fees every year were a waste.
  • Options
    But that was always just about getting better seats, and it still is. Nothing has changed. I really dislike the fact that somehow people are taking that fact and for some reason saying it means people should get first dibs on tickets, which has never been done by 10C. It vexes me because it's not logical and asks for or shows an expectation of something that Pearl Jam has never offered its fans.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

But that was always just about getting better seats, and it still is. Nothing has changed. I really dislike the fact that somehow people are taking that fact and for some reason saying it means people should get first dibs on tickets, which has never been done by 10C. It vexes me because it's not logical and asks for or shows an expectation of something that Pearl Jam has never offered its fans.

no, it wasn't. I have the emails from other tours, and a search through the old forums will confirm this, that it wasn't just about seats, it was about both seats and tickets.
  • Options

im a member of TC not for the tickets, thers no lottery theres no early admissión for South America gigs.

im a member because i like PJ and many people when i told im in the fan club, they look at me very strange.....and i feel proud of me...

I'm a little confused myself.... other fans look at you strange... and that's worth the fees?
    short tale:
    i like to be in the ten club not for the tickets, if theres no ticket privilegies you would still in the club?, if not maybe its time to cancel your membership
    Santiago I 2005
    Santiago II 2005
    West Palm Beach 2008
    Alpine Valley PJ20 I 2011
    Alpine Valley PJ 20 II 2011
    Santiago 2011
    Lima 2011
    Buenos Aires 2013
    Brooklyn I 2013
    Brooklyn II 2013
    Santiago 2015
    Bogota 2015
    Ft Lauderdale 2016
    Miami 2016
    Rio de Janeiro 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options

short tale:
    i like to be in the ten club not for the tickets, if theres no ticket privilegies you would still in the club?, if not maybe its time to cancel your membership
    I think that was the point I was trying to make.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

no, it wasn't. I have the emails from other tours, and a search through the old forums will confirm this, that it wasn't just about seats, it was about both seats and tickets.
    ??? Please paste. I have never heard that seniority has even guaranteed tickets or places people with seniority at the front of the line for purchasing tickets. Not once. If that has ever been the case, I will alter by view slightly, in that there is some reason for old members to wish that still happened (but not that it would be reasonable or close to it). If what you say is true it must have been a VERY long time ago....
  • Options
    Never won a 10c lottery. Not once until today. Got msg II reserved
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

??? Please paste. I have never heard that seniority has even guaranteed tickets or places people with seniority at the front of the line for purchasing tickets. Not once. If that has ever been the case, I will alter by view slightly, in that there is some reason for old members to wish that still happened (but not that it would be reasonable or close to it). If what you say is true it must have been a VERY long time ago....
    You have confirmation of this from other long term 10c members in this thread and the other one. Given that the people who saw this were in the fan club almost two decades ago, it's entirely possible that your definition of a very long time ago falls under many of the years they were members.
  • Options
    I'll add on that ever since this lottery system was created, I have lost out on tickets.
  • Options
    StevieGStevieG Ontario Posts: 850
    Hey PJ Soul, do everyone a favour and go away from this thread. Pretty please
    Barrie, ON - Aug 22, 1998
    London, ON - Sep 12, 2005
    Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    edited January 2016
    Who picks the lottery whiners and losers? Or is it done by those little balls popping up? I mean how do they do it?
    Post edited by electronblue on
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    edited January 2016
    I actually didn't see any confirmation of that in this thread or the other one. I saw people expressing what they think should happen, but no evidence that what they think should happen was ever actually done in reality. Perhaps they thought so because it was easier for them to get tix before?? I don't know. That's why I'd like to see actual evidence, because after a LOT of conversations about this, I've never actually seen anyone claim this.
    I do know long-time members who have agreed that 10C never guaranteed tix or had seniority determining who got tickets.... I am not saying you are wrong necessarily. I have simply read and been told the exact opposite of what you're saying many times.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    Got shut out of the NYC shows. Only ones I could have made this whole tour and I work right down the road!! This one is going to hurt if I can't get lucky on Ticketmaster.
  • Options
    nothinasitseemsnothinasitseems New Jersey Posts: 1,507
    edited January 2016
    8 picks...new york and philly, GA then reserved respectively.

lost all.

:lol:

:cry::cry::cry:

oh yeah, and this was my first lottery.
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2024: MSG 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I actually didn't see any confirmation of that in this thread.
    I do know long-time members who have agreed that 10C never guaranteed tix or had seniority determining who got tickets.... I am not saying you are wrong necessarily. I have simply read and been told the exact opposite of what you're saying many times.

and I'm telling you that after almost two decades, I have observed and been told about different mechanisms of delivery and decision making on tickets.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    StevieG said:

The butthurt is strong with this one.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    StevieG said:

i love me some pjsoul, but she doesn't get it

did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    Ah well feel a little sad for not getting a ticket, considering this will more than likely be the only chance I have to catch them in the USA. Will try ticketmaster, and if no luck there will wait for the Australian tour.
    Rod Laver Arena - Feb 18, 2003
    Rod Laver Arena - Nov 13, 2006
    Adelaide Oval - Nov 17, 2009
    Etihad Stadium - Nov 20, 2009
    BDO Melbourne - Jan 24, 2014
    New York - May 02 - 2016