Options

Josh Homme & Iggy Pop collaboration!

Comments

• Options
    Just bought a ticket for Port Chester, couldn't resist. I noticed the GA floor weren't the most expensive seats. Anyone know where the expensive seats are? Wouldn't GA be best place in the house?
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    OMG THAT WAS NUTS!!!!! Just got back from the United Palace show. The venue was seated, I was 7th row aisle but seconds into the first song, Iggy's like come up, come up and everyone rushed to the stage since there was a sizeable distance between front row and the stage. I somehow always end up in the pit at an Iggy show :lol: Needless to say, I didn't stop dancing the entire night. And OMG, I think I may be in love with Josh Homme. I've only seen him with QOTSA and he doesn't move around as much because he has to stick to the mic, but for this tour? He's bounding all over the stage, looking all sexy and making googly eyes at the rest of the band. They all look so pleased to be on stage, Iggy included.

Iggy dove off the stage but for whatever reason, the New York crowd was quick to get him back on stage. Felt like we were trying to protect him? Later on in the show, he was trying to get into the crowd and had to try a few times because the pit kept putting him back on stage! He was like, no, no, let me down! let me down! It was part comical, part train wreck, but all fun.

I thought the sound wasn't very good at United Palace, but maybe it's because I was in the "pit" where no one was supposed to be. And there was a douchebag who was dead center in front and all he could do was take pictures and videos and he had to lift it up high to block everyone's view. At some point, he told the girl behind him to step back, I guess because she was dancing and bumping into him, and when I tapped him on his shoulder when he had his camera up for like 2 minutes, he wouldn't acknowledge me. Idiot douchebag, I hope he's reborn into a life with no live music in his life :P

Oh, and poster was killer! By Todd Slater.

Can't wait to do it all again on Thursday! And Friday!
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    I'm definitely going to try to go to the port Chester show.
    This show was soooooooo good, even though unfortunately we were surrounded by doushebags. There was definitely some technical difficulties with the sound, kept getting feedback off the Mic.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    ShakesckyShakescky Posts: 342
    Great show. One more to go for me... at least for now
    i have witnessed some performances. i have soaked up a lot of memories.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Oh, and gotta say NYC really brought it in the pit! I guess that makes sense because everyone who rushed forward wasn't about to just stand still and do nothing. Ridiculous (in a good way!)
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    :lol: I am glad you had such a great time!! Su - welcome to the JHo admiration club hahaha This man has got the moves!
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496

Glad it was a great time for you New Yorkers!

Suzie, was that your first JH show?
  • Options

No, I've seen him with QOTSA but I don't remember him dancing around like that. Definitely remember the hips. The Brooklyn Masonic Temple show is one I'll never forget...
  • Options
    Suziemay said:

No, I've seen him with QOTSA but I don't remember him dancing around like that. Definitely remember the hips. The Brooklyn Masonic Temple show is one I'll never forget...
    Cool, yeah, he's definitely not as mobile w/ QOTSA, but IMO he's no less amazing. He's a pretty amazing artist, and yeah...... He's slick as shit. (Stopping to comb his hair, winking at ladies in the audience..... He's a showman through & through)

Enjoy the next two shows, I'm jealous!

• Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    I have an extra ticket to tonight's show at The Capitol Theatre if anyone wants to come along. Free! Let me know.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    Just came back from the Capitol Theatre show. Iggy's fun to watch, but I REALLY enjoy watching the rest of the band, especially Josh and Dean. And the eyes they are all giving each other. It really feels like Josh is silently fucking everyone on stage. It's like a big massive orgy right in front of our eyes. Sorry, that's the only way I could think of describing it :lol:

That aside, everyone is just so happy to be there, from Iggy to Josh and the band to the crew and the audience. It's very apparent that the band is trying to give Iggy the spotlight. I noticed they don't stand too close to him, and even when Josh is prancing about, the lights aren't really on him. That's super cool. Iggy seems to be loving the attention, he keeps calling the audience nice people and the applause for him has been thunderous.

They are playing the same set at each show, but I have no regrets going to see them 3x. Can't wait till tomorrow!!
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    samjam said:

I have an extra ticket to tonight's show at The Capitol Theatre if anyone wants to come along. Free! Let me know.

I hate myself for missing this post more than I can express right now.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    Iggy Pop is coming to my town in August! I'm really excited now! Hope Josh Homme is with him, I want to check out those hips :D
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    Capitol Theatre show was fantastic, but I'd give the edge to Boston out of the two shows I saw, because quite frankly, I preferred the red suits to the dark blue.

If this show is coming to your town and you are a fan of rock n roll this is not to be missed. Josh/Dean/Troy are rock n roll.
  • Options
    Anyone still looking for a Philly ticket? I may have a spare really good seat (row AA on the left, Dean & Troy's side. AA is the front of the section immediately behind the "pit" which has rows AAA-DDD). I'm just waiting to hear back from a couple of people. Asking for face ($145) or best offer.
  • Options
    WOW. Philly was the best one yet. Of course it helped that I scored a front row ticket today which meant I was leaning on the stage the whole night and at one point I was sitting on the stage when Iggy walked into the crowd. Hey, everyone was doing it and no one was actually trying to get up on stage, just wanted a better view. The band didn't seem to care and I got real close to Josh, Dean and Troy who were all over the stage. No touching of course :)

These Post Pop Depression shows have been some of the best shows I've ever been to. So joyous and so much love on stage. Iggy, the songs, the fans. But mostly because of Josh, Dean, Matt, Troy and Matt. It all just worked. If you didn't go to one, you should find a way to. This will never happen again. If you love music, these shows are something you need to experience.
  • Options
    Right on Suziemay, these shows have been amazing. Dare I say, if PJ and Post Pop were playing the same night in the same town, I would have to go with the Post Pop show. They have been that good!
  • Options

Right on Suziemay, these shows have been amazing. Dare I say, if PJ and Post Pop were playing the same night in the same town, I would have to go with the Post Pop show. They have been that good!

With ya on that. These shows have been truly special. Was actually trying to figure out if I could swing a trip to London. I wonder if they will announce a few more dates. I saw that the later part of the tour is Iggy solo. Iggy's going to be so sad without the rest of the boys. If this is truly the last tour, he has to go out with the rest of the band. He looked like he was holding back tears last night during the applause. He didn't leave the stage for awhile.
  • Options
    A few pictures from the Philly show :heart:

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Best show opener ever (Lust for Life): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZKWCJAthIo
    Post edited by Suziemay on
  • Options
    Awesome pix Suzie, congrats on the first row!
  • Options

Awesome pix Suzie, congrats on the first row!

Thanks! Now I want another show. I'm more obsessed with these shows right now than the Pearl Jam shows, but there isn't really one I can swing. I guess I'll just have to scour youtube for videos to satisfy the craving.
  • Options
    Mass Production in Philly. There should have been a JoshCam for this song (or the whole tour, really!).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R5azE52EGQ
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Youtube rabbit hole commencing. I found this interview very delightful. Maybe Iggy will do a Caesars residency? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH0frOsZ5TM&ebc=ANyPxKqFOP_Rw7LqFPDeurSWEpsYpd09D-asTFPAotud_NuarFpnymH2RntriG4HGalRoWYnmSHOhUMwbPCwzVvJuAilv4E_Fg
    Post edited by Suziemay on
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    kasedoug said:

The Grammy Museum in LA is hosting an In Conversation with Iggy and Josh on 4/27. Falls on my birthday and a friend helped me score a ticket earlier today as I'm on the road for work. Pretty excited.

http://www.grammymuseum.org/events/detail/iggy-pop-and-josh-homme

Wish I could also finagle a ticket for the show at the Greek the next night. Would love to see their set again.

In addition to the "In Conversation With..." that Iggy and Josh are doing at the Grammy Museum on 4/27, the band will also be at this gallery showing of Post Pop Depression photography earlier the same evening. I figured since Iggy and Josh are doing both, I might as well too. Wonder if I could hitch a ride with them in between?! Haha. Going to be a fun bday night!

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/iggy-pop-josh-homme-american-valhalla-the-art-of-post-pop-depression-tickets-24661554373
  • Options
    kasedoug said:

kasedoug said:

The Grammy Museum in LA is hosting an In Conversation with Iggy and Josh on 4/27. Falls on my birthday and a friend helped me score a ticket earlier today as I'm on the road for work. Pretty excited.

http://www.grammymuseum.org/events/detail/iggy-pop-and-josh-homme

Wish I could also finagle a ticket for the show at the Greek the next night. Would love to see their set again.

In addition to the "In Conversation With..." that Iggy and Josh are doing at the Grammy Museum on 4/27, the band will also be at this gallery showing of Post Pop Depression photography earlier the same evening. I figured since Iggy and Josh are doing both, I might as well too. Wonder if I could hitch a ride with them in between?! Haha. Going to be a fun bday night!

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/iggy-pop-josh-homme-american-valhalla-the-art-of-post-pop-depression-tickets-24661554373
    Lucky you, what a birthday treat! Jealous...
  • Options
    Suziemay said:

Mass Production in Philly. There should have been a JoshCam for this song (or the whole tour, really!).

I loved this song so much at our show!
  • Options

Suziemay said:

I loved this song so much at our show!
    Because it was the one where JHo was all possessed on stage? :giggle:
  • Options
    Because it has a sexy groove! Mass production and Nightclubbing was such a cool chain of songs!
  • Options
    Looking at Suzie's pictures reminded me of the awesome array of guitars Josh had with him for this tour.

There are some nice shots there of the 12 string, and the hollow body. In Boston Josh also played the bass for at least one song.

I love how they were switching up the instruments; the show had such a fun vibe, and you could tell the whole band is really enjoying this.

This was something special, no doubt.