Options

Josh Homme & Iggy Pop collaboration!

Comments

• Options
    Suziemay said:

Just listened to the album on NPR First Listen. I'm so happy I like it! Not that there was any doubt that I would, but I tend to have overblown expectations. After the first listen, my favourite is Sunday followed by Chocolate Drops. Second listen commencing now.

Here's the link in case you haven't seen: http://www.npr.org/2016/03/10/469693145/first-listen-iggy-pop-post-pop-depression?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nprmusic&utm_term=music&utm_content=20160310

Thanks for the link! Album was fantastic, favorite song was probably Sunday although the last song was pretty great.
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Thanks for the link! Listening now.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    I haven't listen to this yet (it's an HOUR AND A HALF for chrissakes) but thought some might enjoy:
    http://nerdist.com/nerdist-podcast-iggy-pop-and-josh-homme/
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    edited March 2016
    Suziemay said:

Just listened to the album on NPR First Listen. I'm so happy I like it! Not that there was any doubt that I would, but I tend to have overblown expectations. After the first listen, my favourite is Sunday followed by Chocolate Drops. Second listen commencing now.

Here's the link in case you haven't seen: http://www.npr.org/2016/03/10/469693145/first-listen-iggy-pop-post-pop-depression?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nprmusic&utm_term=music&utm_content=20160310

Thanks for posting this! Listening now. Love the vibe of this album. I've never been much into Iggy Pop, but with Josh Homme's influence (and the strong Bowie-like sound), it's right up my alley. It's actually pretty bad ass! Really love it!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496

Great single seats for Boston on ticketmaster. Just pulled front orchestra!

10 tickets available right now for Orchestra Center, Row G. (these are some damn good seats, dead center, 6th row up in the orchestra!)

I'm trying not to spend, but I think I may bite the bullet on this one. While I'm not the biggest Iggy Pop fan, the guy's a legend, and I love Josh Homme's stuff.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165

10 tickets available right now for Orchestra Center, Row G. (these are some damn good seats, dead center, 6th row up in the orchestra!)

I'm trying not to spend, but I think I may bite the bullet on this one. While I'm not the biggest Iggy Pop fan, the guy's a legend, and I love Josh Homme's stuff.
    DO IT. Dont' regret not seeing them. The new album is awesome, and Iggy live is always a treat! DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT

• Options
    Suziemay said:

DO IT. Dont' regret not seeing them. The new album is awesome, and Iggy live is always a treat! DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT

Done.... Did it
  • Options

Suziemay said:

Done.... Did it
    WOO HOOO :clap::clap::clap:
  • Options
    Suziemay said:

Suziemay said:

Done.... Did it
    Yup, and I'm only getting more excited by the minute. Thanks for twisting my arm, I'm looking forward to it.

I've been reading a little bit about it, and in addition to PPD, I hear they are playing some material from Iggy's albums Lust for Life & The Idiot. Can anyone suggest any of his other stuff that I should listen to in advance?
  • Options

Suziemay said:

Suziemay said:

Done.... Did it
    Yup, and I'm only getting more excited by the minute. Thanks for twisting my arm, I'm looking forward to it.

I've been reading a little bit about it, and in addition to PPD, I hear they are playing some material from Iggy's albums Lust for Life & The Idiot. Can anyone suggest any of his other stuff that I should listen to in advance?
    You're welcome :) I think Raw Power is a classic that everyone should listen to! I'm not sure if they've been playing songs from it though. I haven't been following closely. I think he's been doing Lust for LIfe and The Idiot songs as a tribute to Bowie, right?
  • Options
    FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,048

Suziemay said:

Done.... Did it
    I bet you would've jumped off a bridge too if she suggested it ;). Have a blast at the show!
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    I'm trying not to watch too many videos from the show that already happened and not to listen to the album in full. I love a bit of surprise as long as I have a feeling that it is right ndown my alley. As far as I have seen I'm gonna have a fab time :smiley: This show will "open" our concert season. I cannot wait!!!
  • Options
    ShakesckyShakescky Posts: 342
    no disrespect to the fun times had at a pearl jam show, but i am much more excited for these upcoming iggy shows. i still think he's the last legend here in the music business. if this is truly it then what a way to go out. now to decide whether i want to make it to philadelphia as well or not... decisions, decisions...
    i have witnessed some performances. i have soaked up a lot of memories.
  • Options
    Shakescky said:

no disrespect to the fun times had at a pearl jam show, but i am much more excited for these upcoming iggy shows. i still think he's the last legend here in the music business. if this is truly it then what a way to go out. now to decide whether i want to make it to philadelphia as well or not... decisions, decisions...

DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT
    :lol:

But seriously. This album is awesome. He's got a kick ass band. What is there to think about?

I just grabbed a ticket to Philly this morning. I just know that one show on this tour is not going to be enough for me. Nah uh.
  • Options
    Are the Philly tickets as pricey as the NYC tickets? I have been listening to Iggy's stuff on Spotify on shuffle. This is my next scheduled concert.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • Options
    Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    This is a great album. Loving "Sunday" & "Paraguay" especially.
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    Initially loved Sunday and Chocolate Drops. Now really digging In the Lobby. I love that I can hear the Homme influence.
  • Options
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    Suziemay said:

Suziemay said:

Suziemay said:

Done.... Did it

You're welcome :) I think Raw Power is a classic that everyone should listen to! I'm not sure if they've been playing songs from it though. I haven't been following closely. I think he's been doing Lust for LIfe and The Idiot songs as a tribute to Bowie, right?
    At the first show in LA, the songs they did beyond the Post Pop Depression material were almost all from Lust For Life and The Idiot. He didn't mention anything about Bowie, other than introducing "China Girl" by saying he hadn't played that song in a very long time. PPD seems to pull influence from those two albums and I think was mentioned to be an extension from them. My favorite PPD songs live where probably "Sunday" and "Paraguay."
  • Options
    Iggy hosted a radio show in case you didn't see: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b073j3yr. I don't think he actually plays any of his own stuff, but it's always cool to hear what musicians I like are listening to.

Also, the April Mojo is awesome! Well, the CD is anyway, I haven't read the mag yet, just got it today but I'm sure it will be amazing! http://www.mojo4music.com/23158/iggy-pop-josh-homme-mojo-269-april-2016/
  • Options
    Suziemay said:

Iggy hosted a radio show in case you didn't see: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b073j3yr. I don't think he actually plays any of his own stuff, but it's always cool to hear what musicians I like are listening to.

Oops, I guess this isn't a one-time thing and has been going on for awhile. Awesome!
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    I so want to see him on the tour. The album is amazing!

But a) it's sold out, b) it's a bit too expensive and c) don't think I know anyone willing to pay that price to go with me.

Hope everyone who goes has a great time!
  • Options
    Red Lukin said:

But a) it's sold out, b) it's a bit too expensive and c) don't think I know anyone willing to pay that price to go with me.

a) Keep checking for ticket drops/Stub Hub. I have a feeling ticket prices will come down. Also, look for singles to have more options

b) It may very well be your last chance to see Iggy. And even more likely your ONLY chance to see Iggy and Josh Homme on stage together. I don't think it's that expensive at all considering the talent on stage.

c) Go solo. This one I feel strongly about. Don't deny yourself a good show (or anything in life) because no one else wants to experience it with you. For concerts especially! It's not like you're having a conversation during the show anyway. Don't let this be a barrier.
  • Options
    Red Lukin said:

SUZIEMAY BEAT ME TO IT! (Man, she's all over this shit!)

Regarding point A....... Boston was sold out, but there was a ticket drop, and some were available this week (what will probably end up being one of the best seats I've ever had at the Orpheum). Check daily, you may see some more drops as the show comes around.

Point B - no argument here, but for me..... I regret not seeing Bowie, Cash or Reed when I could have, and there's no fixing that now. I don't want to regret not seeing Iggy too.

Point C - I'm a huge Mike Patton fan...... Most of my friends are not. I got over the whole 'going to concerts alone' stigma a long time ago, and have seen some of the greatest shows ever on my own. It sucks not having someone you know to share the experience with, but I would rather have the experience above all else.

Side note: more often than not, I have scored some amazing seats going after single tickets. Also, as Suziemay said, stub hub prices will drop, ESPECIALLY for singles. I wouldn't be surprised if you can score a single for less than face as the show gets closer.

If you can make this show, I'm with Suziemay.... DO IT!!!

• Options
    Go without your friends. You'll have better luck pulling a single ticket than a pair. You still enjoy the music just as much without them. Can always strike up a convo with people at the venue if you feel lonely.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    I promise no one's paying me :lol: I just think these shows are going to be special. I was supposed to see Pearl Jam in Greenville, had a ticket and everything but decided to see Iggy and Josh in Philly instead.

I totally understand the money bit but if there's ever a time to splurge a little on a show, I feel like this is the one. Beyond even Pearl Jam. Think about it. After the tour has come and gone, will you regret going? Or will you regret NOT going?

The going alone thing used to stop me from going to concerts. My friends don't have the same taste in music as me, plus it's not cheap to go to concerts. At some point I said F it, and started going to shows by myself. I often run into people I know from having seen them at other shows, or chat with people around who seem cool, but honestly, I'm happiest when it's when it's just me focusing on the band with my undivided attention. I go to 50+ shows a year, there no way I can find someone to go with me each time, nor do I want to. I've twisted people's arms before to go with me in the past, and it was so unpleasant for the both of us. I prefer to go solo now unless it's with another like-minded music fan. I don't need to worry about whether my companion is having a good time and they don't have to drag their ass to the venue early so that we can get up close :lol:
    Post edited by Suziemay on
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    Agree on going to shows solo. You get the best seat when you only buy 1, and it's still a great concert experience (sometimes better!). Obviously it can be fun to go with someone too, but IMO one should never let not being able to find someone to accompany them be a reason not to see a show. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata