SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Everything, will be alright, tonight...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScslpC7A5F8
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,387
    Fantastic vids, SuMay. Thank you.
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Very long shot here, but would anyone know how I can get a poster for the Toronto show?
  • Options
    Hobbes said:

Fantastic vids, SuMay. Thank you.

Glad you enjoy. I'm trying to relive the shows. So good!! (ps not my videos, but god bless people who are willing to record and hopefully they are not blocking anyone's view!).
  • Options
    Red Lukin said:

Very long shot here, but would anyone know how I can get a poster for the Toronto show?

Someone has it for sale/trade on ebeans, maybe give them a shout out? Otherwise not sure, don't see it on ebay. You could also try posting ISO in Lost Dogs, never know. Maybe someone had buyers' remorse! http://expressobeans.com/members/detail.php/223878/trades
  • Options
    Thanks Suz. I don't have an account so I can't see it but I'm guessing far more than I'm willing to pay.

I'm not the biggest poster collector but for slime reason really want this one! Don't see any on eBay right now, but maybe that's a good thing which means fans got them
  • Options
    qontheboardqontheboard Posts: 773
    edited April 2016
    Red Lukin said:

Thanks Suz. I don't have an account so I can't see it but I'm guessing far more than I'm willing to pay.

I'm not the biggest poster collector but for slime reason really want this one! Don't see any on eBay right now, but maybe that's a good thing which means fans got them

There is one on ebay right now. Search "Iggy Pop Poster Tsang", and it should come up. I was lucky that my wonderful, amazing, beautiful, wife went to the venue for doors to snag a poster. It was signed and numbered 178/185. Just to be clear this is not my auction. Sorry I'm useless and don't know how to post a link. The price is a little high, but if I didn't score one at the show I'd be bidding on this one. Kick ass poster, Kick ass show. So jealous of all you lucky f*ckers that got to see 2 or 3 shows.
    Good luck! Hope you find one at price that's right for you.
    Post edited by qontheboard on
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    You could check the artist's website, maybe he will release some artist prints.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

You could check the artist's website, maybe he will release some artist prints.

It's sold out. That's the first place I checked.
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I'm not paying over $100 for paper. I'd pay maybe $60. I checked the artists' site and even emailed them but it's looking doubtful now.
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,896
    If anyone missed out on a poster for the Capitol Theatre NY show, EMEK's artist copies are currently sitting there available. Rare for an EMEK to not be gone in a flash.

https://emekstudios.com/new_release.html
  • Options
    kasedoug said:

If anyone missed out on a poster for the Capitol Theatre NY show, EMEK's artist copies are currently sitting there available. Rare for an EMEK to not be gone in a flash.

https://emekstudios.com/new_release.html

I know! Feel like such a dumbass refreshing the page right at 3:00. But now I have all 3 #completist :D
  • Options
    I'm about to do something irrational and buy a plane ticket to go see them in London and Paris. Soo, anyone with a spare front row ticket to London or Paris? :smiley:
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Anyone who bought a poster at the NYC show manage to get it flattened yet?
    I was wary of the way it was sold pre-rolled but i didn't think it would be Kong rolled like this. :disappointed:
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
  • Options
    edited April 2016
  • Options
    Sunday on Jimmy Kimmel last night
    http://youtu.be/xxGVoM-SDgU
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,047
    ^^^^^Thanks Suz!!!!!!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    Lust for Life from Kimmel up now on YouTube.
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options

Lust for Life from Kimmel up now on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBNWuGV6QX8
  • Options
    Last US show on the tour, sniff sniff. Anyone going to the Greek Theatre show today?

@kasedoug, how were the birthday festivities yesterday?
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Suziemay said:

Last US show on the tour, sniff sniff. Anyone going to the Greek Theatre show today?

They were great! The gallery showing of the Post Pop Depression photography was really neat. A few of the photos in the exhibit were from the surprise show at the Teragram Ballroom that I attended back in March. There was one shot from behind Iggy on stage, looking out at the crowd with a bunch of hands raised and two of those in the frame are mine. :) I got to meet Josh and talk to him briefly, along with getting a pic together. I was waiting in line to get a picture with Iggy but they ushered him away a lot earlier than the rest of the band. Stayed a bit to check out the gallery and they had a bunch of show posters there in addition to the photography. A decent amount of sold out EMEKs and other posters (Glad I got the ones I wanted at the shows!).

The Grammy Museum conversation was so great. It was really interesting to hear more of the backstory of how Iggy and Josh got connected and how Post Pop Depression came together and how they collaborated on it. While I'm somewhat familiar with Iggy's music, it was great to learn more about his life and backstory of his career. As I was turning another year older yesterday, some of the things that Josh said really resonated with me. He said "I want to rejoice in the things I love" and really embracing the things and people he's interested in while talking about cutting out everything else that wasn't important. Even though it's something that I've tried to unconsciously do here and there, that hit me like a nail on the head. It was cool to see their admiration for one another and hear about how much they enjoyed working together and now playing the songs live. They film and archive all their programs and this conversation is strongly influencing me to rejoin the Grammy Museum again so I can go back and revisit this.

Overall, it was a great night/birthday! Wish I was going to the show tonight to see their set again!
    Post edited by kasedoug on
  • Options
    kasedoug said:

Suziemay said:

They were great! The gallery showing of the Post Pop Depression photography was really neat. A few of the photos in the exhibit were from the surprise show at the Teragram Ballroom that I attended back in March. There was one shot from behind Iggy on stage, looking out at the crowd with a bunch of hands raised and two of those in the frame are mine. :) I got to meet Josh and talk to him briefly, along with getting a pic together. I was waiting in line to get a picture with Iggy but they ushered him away a lot earlier than the rest of the band. Stayed a bit to check out the gallery and they had a bunch of show posters there in addition to the photography. A decent amount of sold out EMEKs and other posters (Glad I got the ones I wanted at the shows!).

The Grammy Museum conversation was so great. It was really interesting to hear more of the backstory of how Iggy and Josh got connected and how Post Pop Depression came together and how they collaborated on it. While I'm somewhat familiar with Iggy's music, it was great to learn more about his life and backstory of his career. As I was turning another year older yesterday, some of the things that Josh said really resonated with me. He said "I want to rejoice in the things I love" and really embracing the things and people he's interested in while talking about cutting out everything else that wasn't important. Even though it's something that I've tried to unconsciously do here and there, that hit me like a nail on the head. It was cool to see their admiration for one another and hear about how much they enjoyed working together and now playing the songs live. They film and archive all their programs and this conversation is strongly influencing me to rejoin the Grammy Museum again so I can go back and revisit this.

Overall, it was a great night/birthday! Wish I was going to the show tonight to see their set again!
    Wow, that all sounds amazing! Yes, I'm really enjoying the mutual respect between Iggy and Josh, and also the "holy fuck I can't believe we're doing this" look on everyone's faces on stage.

No way for you to make it to The Greek tonight? You gotta do it! One more show!
  • Options
    Suziemay said:

Wow, that all sounds amazing! Yes, I'm really enjoying the mutual respect between Iggy and Josh, and also the "holy fuck I can't believe we're doing this" look on everyone's faces on stage.

Yeah, the amazement between the band members of what's transpiring on stage came up in conversation as well. Before they came out, we got to watch two yet-to-be-released song performances from their ACL taping, "Lust For Life" and "Break Into Your Heart." Cool to see those in a theatre setting. Iggy joked that was only their second show and they're better now. Haha.

Wish I could make it tonight but I originally balked at the ticket prices after pulling a Sec A, Row A ticket during initial sale. I'd love to go but after lucking into free tix for the Teragram show and being up close and personal in 600 capacity club, it'd be tough to top in a much bigger venue. Also still have to get a few things nailed down before I depart for NYC in the morning.

P.S. There wasn't much in the way of swag at either event but I looked. It had been about 3 years since I had been to the Grammy Museum and I was surprised to see that they didn't even have Post Pop Depression or anything Iggy/Josh related at all for sale. In the past, they usually had a little feature area in their gift shop with that evening's artist's stuff for sale. Just got a little two page fold over program with short bios in it as we entered.

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,445
    I was just able to pull up 11th row seats for the Greek Theater show tonight in L.A........due to a huge plumbing issue at home, I have to pass :(
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE said:

I was just able to pull up 11th row seats for the Greek Theater show tonight in L.A........due to a huge plumbing issue at home, I have to pass :(

KROQ promo did an on-site giveaway for 4 pairs of tix this afternoon on Sunset. Had I known it was 4, I probably would have headed there. Would have cut it close because they were all claimed within 35-40 minutes.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE said:

kasedoug said:

KROQ promo did an on-site giveaway for 4 pairs of tix this afternoon on Sunset. Had I known it was 4, I probably would have headed there. Would have cut it close because they were all claimed within 35-40 minutes.

You guys are killing me :cry:
  • Options
    kasedoug said:

Suziemay said:

Yeah, the amazement between the band members of what's transpiring on stage came up in conversation as well. Before they came out, we got to watch two yet-to-be-released song performances from their ACL taping, "Lust For Life" and "Break Into Your Heart." Cool to see those in a theatre setting. Iggy joked that was only their second show and they're better now. Haha.

Wish I could make it tonight but I originally balked at the ticket prices after pulling a Sec A, Row A ticket during initial sale. I'd love to go but after lucking into free tix for the Teragram show and being up close and personal in 600 capacity club, it'd be tough to top in a much bigger venue. Also still have to get a few things nailed down before I depart for NYC in the morning.

P.S. There wasn't much in the way of swag at either event but I looked. It had been about 3 years since I had been to the Grammy Museum and I was surprised to see that they didn't even have Post Pop Depression or anything Iggy/Josh related at all for sale. In the past, they usually had a little feature area in their gift shop with that evening's artist's stuff for sale. Just got a little two page fold over program with short bios in it as we entered.

And forgot to say.. thanks for looking!
  • Options
    Anyone in Europe going to the shows? :)
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    Yes. I'm going in August, but that is Iggy solo, but I don't think it will be acoustic or anything, I expect him to rock out.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014