Options

Josh Homme & Iggy Pop collaboration!

Comments

• Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    bluegrace said:

Yes. I'm going in August, but that is Iggy solo, but I don't think it will be acoustic or anything, I expect him to rock out.

Have a blast! I really wonder what "solo" means, there's no way Iggy is gonna be up there strumming an acoustic guitar lol. Wonder who is backing band will be?

Really surprised not more people on here are going to the Post Pop Depression tour shows!
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    ^^Exactly, he will be rocking, that's for sure. Me too wonder who his backing band will be. And I'm also surprised not more on here are going, since it's obviously his farewell tour. And thanks, I will :)
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    Iggy, Josh, Dean, Matt, Troy and Matt made the floor at Royal Albert Hall bounce tonight!
  • Options
    And they just played their last show tonight at Le Grand Rex in Paris :cry: What an amazing trip this album/tour has been!

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,520
    Agreed, this was an awesome thing these guys did.

I'm glad I took the opportunity to see the show.
  • Options
    BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 695
    Anybody know if one of the shows was recorded for a possible video release?
  • Options

Professional taping happened at the Royal Albert Hall show. Andreas Neumann, the album/tour photographer said they are releasing something. But I'm not sure what. There were multiple cameras that were rolling the entire show though, I can't imagine that they wouldn't want to release the show in its entirety! It was also probably the most off the charts show of the 5 I went to. The crowd energy was off the charts.
  • Options
  • Options
    Suziemay said:

Professional taping happened at the Royal Albert Hall show. Andreas Neumann, the album/tour photographer said they are releasing something. But I'm not sure what. There were multiple cameras that were rolling the entire show though, I can't imagine that they wouldn't want to release the show in its entirety! It was also probably the most off the charts show of the 5 I went to. The crowd energy was off the charts.
    Nice! I can only hope they release that show as I was unable to make it to any of the shows.
  • Options
    Iggy & Josh (and the whole band I'm assuming?) on Later with Jools Holland tonight: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07cgl61

Happy Birthday Josh! This was posted on Iggy's Facebook page as a birthday message to Josh:

"No better way to celebrate it than performing together on Later with Jools Holland. To quote Iggy himself (because all roads lead to ‪#‎postpopdepression‬)"

:heart::heart::heart:
  • Options
    So I made a GIF (my very first one!):
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
    My 3 year old broke out a similar move last night - except she kicked my beer off the coffee table.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    JHo in all his glory :flushed:
    Nightclubbing at Le Grand Rex, Paris

https://youtu.be/GTyuU0_e-NY
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Post edited by BrainOfJHA on
  • Options
    Yippeee!
  • Options
    I think that might have been the best concert I have ever been to. It was either this or the Philly Post Pop Depression show.
  • Options
    i just ordered this cd after reading some great reviews of it
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Live at Royal Albert Hall Vinyl now available for pre-order! https://postpopdepression.shopfirebrand.com/products/post-pop-depression-live-3-lp
  • Options
    i'm having a hard time getting into this cd. maybe i need to spin it more than 5times to get it or maybe the hype was too big? i dunno...
    i'll keep trying...
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,642
    edited October 2016

i'm having a hard time getting into this cd. maybe i need to spin it more than 5times to get it or maybe the hype was too big? i dunno...
    i'll keep trying...

Maybe... although it grabbed me on first listen. Different for everyone though. Or maybe it's just not for you? I can see how it wouldn't be for everyone.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Love the mix on the CD. Thankfully the vinyl is the complete show. Can't wait for that!
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options

i'll keep trying...

You're allowed not to like it :) I was excited about the album before I even heard it, and was relieved that I liked it upon first listen. But REALLY loved it when I saw them live. Some of the best live shows I've ever been to. Definitely the best this year.
  • Options

Love the mix on the CD. Thankfully the vinyl is the complete show. Can't wait for that!

Did they not get the full show on the CD?! Good thing I didn't preorder it then, I was holding out for the vinyl, so happy they are pressing it!
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,520
    Suziemay said:

i'll keep trying...

You're allowed not to like it :) I was excited about the album before I even heard it, and was relieved that I liked it upon first listen. But REALLY loved it when I saw them live. Some of the best live shows I've ever been to. Definitely the best this year.
    The live show helped me a lot. Certain songs I didn't enjoy until after seeing them performed live.

I'm really excited about the film...... I've always been a huge Josh Hommes fan, and am thankful this album made me see a rock legend before he retires. (A little arm twisting from Suziemay helped too, thanks girl)

In a year where I saw PJ on my birthday, saw them perform 10 the very next night, and also perform 2 legendary shows at Fenway, this Iggy Pop show still stands out.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

i'll keep trying...

Maybe... although it grabbed me on first listen. Different for everyone though. Or maybe it's just not for you? I can see how it wouldn't be for everyone.
    except i'm an iggy fan which makes this even harder. recently, after it sat on the shelf for a bit i gave er anudder spin and found it a bit better but there's def a couple songs i go right to fast forward after about 30seconds in :(
  • Options

Suziemay said:

i'll keep trying...

The live show helped me a lot. Certain songs I didn't enjoy until after seeing them performed live.

I'm really excited about the film...... I've always been a huge Josh Hommes fan, and am thankful this album made me see a rock legend before he retires. (A little arm twisting from Suziemay helped too, thanks girl)

In a year where I saw PJ on my birthday, saw them perform 10 the very next night, and also perform 2 legendary shows at Fenway, this Iggy Pop show still stands out.
    Happy to be an arm-twister any time :peace:

PJ_Soul said:

i'll keep trying...

except i'm an iggy fan which makes this even harder. recently, after it sat on the shelf for a bit i gave er anudder spin and found it a bit better but there's def a couple songs i go right to fast forward after about 30seconds in :(
    Get the DVD of the Royal Albert Hall show. Or even just find stuff on YouTube. They were truly magical. The band in a constant state of joy and disbelief, like holy fuck, this is really happening, we are on stage with Iggy Pop. The audience really reflected a lot of love back and Iggy was just soaking it all in. So amazing.

The Mojo magazine interview in particular really opened up my eyes to just how much this album meant to Josh and conversely, how much Iggy appreciated the process. I think that was the interview where they talked about each song. That might help.

Or truly, you can be an Iggy fan and not like the album, it's ok! It's just that the entire Post Pop Depression experience has been THE musical highlight of my year.
  • Options
    Suziemay said:

Did they not get the full show on the CD?! Good thing I didn't preorder it then, I was holding out for the vinyl, so happy they are pressing it!
    What I've heard is from Apple Music and had like 12 songs. I preordered the vinyl and saw that it was like 22 songs so I looked and it's the entire show.
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
  • Options
    Watched the entire Live at Royal Albert Hall Blu-ray. WOW. They did a phenomenal job with the video and audio. Really captured the feeling of being at the show. And the quality is amazing.

Extra bonus, I had actually pre-ordered the Blu-ray + CD option without realizing it. The CDs come with audio of the full show and I think the whole thing only cost like $20.