Options

Josh Homme & Iggy Pop collaboration!

Comments

• Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Thanks for convincing me to go!

I agree with everything you said. I have no issue with people going solo. I've ran into people going solo at shows and I've spoken to them and I totally get why people do it. If I knew a band hit the stage at 9 and I showed up at 8;55 it would make more sense as I get what you mean about going with people who get bored or aren't into the same music as you.

What is so special about these shows? I only want to go because I love to album. I've never really listened to iggy except raw power but I love homme.

May try to convince my girl to go but $100-150 per ticket isn't cheap. Amazing some US shows are like $30, but here it's insane!
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Red Lukin said:

What is so special about these shows? I only want to go because I love to album. I've never really listened to iggy except raw power but I love homme.

1) Iggy + Josh

2) Iggy's pretty much said it's his last album/tour (at least on this type of scale)

3) Josh said "It’s the coolest thing I’ve ever been a part of. I’m proud. I am excited. This record was important for my life. It’s helped me."

The April edition of MOJO magazine has awesome interviews with both Iggy and Josh. That's where #3 came from. I feel like it's a no-brainer if you're an Iggy or Josh fan. But I'm also not in the habit of convincing someone to do something if they don't want to, so I'm gonna stop after this :)
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496
    edited March 2016
    Suziemay = Professional Arm Twister

: )
  • Options

:blush: guilty.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    edited March 2016
    Red Lukin said:

Thanks for convincing me to go!

I agree with everything you said. I have no issue with people going solo. I've ran into people going solo at shows and I've spoken to them and I totally get why people do it. If I knew a band hit the stage at 9 and I showed up at 8;55 it would make more sense as I get what you mean about going with people who get bored or aren't into the same music as you.

May try to convince my girl to go but $100-150 per ticket isn't cheap. Amazing some US shows are like $30, but here it's insane!

There is nothing worse than being at a show that I'm super stoked for and turning to see the friend I brought just standing there like a tree with no emotion, lol. I learned my lesson: if there isn't someone who will be stoked right along with me, I'm either going alone or finding a random music fan stranger on the Internet to use my spare, lmao.

Yeah, those tix ARE pretty pricey. I would be second guessing that price too.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    I'm sorry shows for THIS tour are $30? WHERE :lol:

I got two tickets cuz I figured someone would go with me (and I was right. The price was an obstacle at first but then it was like yea fuck it) but I'm in the Last Row of the orch for $110/ea
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Professional arm twister. Haha I agree but she also makes great points.

$30. I just quickly checked TM for tmr chi show. I didn't add fees but it still looks a ton cheaper than the tor venue.
  • Options
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383

Better than a tittie twister. :lol:

I agree on going solo. I've seen some amazing bands with absolute duds, wishing I had just gone solo. I went to PJ in '09 by myself. People said, "You're going alone?" I said, "No. I'm gonna be with 12,000 friends!"

• Options
    This album is fantastic! Vulture is the only one I can't get into, but other than that best album I've heard in a while.
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Humble request for those attending the first few shows: I'd love to know if they are selling posters at the show. I'd like one to commemorate the event. There was an Emek drop today but I missed it & didn't want to spend that much anyway.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    ldent42 said:

Humble request for those attending the first few shows: I'd love to know if they are selling posters at the show. I'd like one to commemorate the event. There was an Emek drop today but I missed it & didn't want to spend that much anyway.

There should be posters. I was able to get the EMEK print at the surprise first show in LA. If I recall, they also posted one for Austin and the latest email from QOTSA includes a preview of the Seattle poster.
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

There will definitely be posters :)
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Happy start of tour day! Post show reviews, please!
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Yes!!! And enjoy the shows!
  • Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,441
    edited March 2016
    There's a pretty bitchin' Emek poster for the Portland gig, too.
    https://facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153977576809361&set=a.29150409360.21600.673199360&type=3
    Post edited by shecky on
  • Options
    Cmon, no one was at the Seattle show last night?! :grimacing:
  • Options
  • Options
    Can't believe I'm missing this show tonight. I have a prior commitment that couldn't be rescheduled. Believe me, I tried. Well, actually it could have, to last week, but I already had Bruce tickets. :cry:
  • Options
    Soooo, anyone at the Portland show last night? :pensive:
  • Options
    Suziemay said:

Rub it in, why don't ya. :cry:

:lol:

Actually, I'm surprised no one has any reviews yet. C'mon, peeps. Where you at?

• Options
    Hobbes said:

Posted about going to their debut show in LA earlier in the thread.
  • Options
    Hobbes said:

Suziemay said:

Ahh, sorry, that wasn't my intent. I'm just dying to hear about the shows!
  • Options
    Suziemay said:

Hobbes said:

Suziemay said:

Ya, I know. I can't go to every show, can I?

kasedoug said:

Hobbes said:

Ya, read that. Super cool! But I'm like SuMay, I want more, more, more... :smiley:

• Options
    Here's some more. Live session (with video) that was just broadcast on KCRW.

http://www.kcrw.com/music/shows/morning-becomes-eclectic/iggy-pop
  • Options
    Hobbes said:

Suziemay said:

Hobbes said:

Suziemay said:

Ya, I know. I can't go to every show, can I?

kasedoug said:

Hobbes said:

Ya, read that. Super cool! But I'm like SuMay, I want more, more, more... :smiley:

Yesss.. more MORE MORE!!!
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    The tour opener was recorded and is up on dimeadozen (a live show torrent site) if anyone is interested in hearing the show. I've listened to it a couple of times and it's pretty great:
    IGGY POP
    LOS ANGELES, CA @ TERAGRAM BALLROOM
    2016-03-09

AT831 -> SP-SPSB-11 -> DR-2d -> Soundforge -> FLAC

01. -intro-
    02. Lust For Life
    03. Sister Midnight
    04. American Valhalla
    05. Sixteen
    06. In The Lobby
    07. Some Weird Sin
    08. Funtime
    09. Tonight
    10. Sunday
    11. German Days
    12. Mass Production
    13. Nightclubbing
    14. The Passenger
    15. China Girl
    16. Break Into Your Heart
    17. Fall In Love With Me
    18. Repo Man
    19. Gardenia
    20. Baby
    21. Chocolate Drops
    22. Paraguay
    23. Success

Iggy Pop - vocals
    Josh Homme - guitar
    Dean Fertita - guitar, keyboards
    Matt Helders - drums
    Troy Van Leeuwen - guitar
    Matt Sweeney - bass
    ?? -percussion on 1 song

Opening date of the Post Pop Depression tour with an amazing 110 minute set with the songs drawn almost exclusively from just 3 albums. And to think I almost didn't go.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • Options
    ShakesckyShakescky Posts: 342
    ticket acquired for port chester, ny show due to a blessing in disguise. still on the fence about philly. my wallet hates me. $9 should cover it, yeah? hahaha.

https://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/1150615
    i have witnessed some performances. i have soaked up a lot of memories.
  • Options
    The last thing I need is another concert poster, but some of these PPD posters have been awesome