Options

Josh Homme & Iggy Pop collaboration!

Comments

• Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Shakescky said:

ticket acquired for port chester, ny show due to a blessing in disguise. still on the fence about philly. my wallet hates me. $9 should cover it, yeah? hahaha.

https://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/1150615

DO IT :smiley:
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    edited April 2016
    HOLY SHIT! How sick is this poster? By a guy named James Eads

2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    Really like Eads' art, especially outside of gig posters. He's local to LA and opening his studio this weekend as part of an art walk. Would love to go check it out.
  • Options
    reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    edited April 2016
    Such a great record, really hope they make it to New Zealand on this tour...

Had to post this, Iggy's superb rant at the end of the albums last track, Paraguay...

There's nothing awesome here
    Not a damn thing
    There's nothing new
    Just a bunch of people scared
    Everybody's fucking scared
    Fear eats all the souls at once
    I'm tired of it
    And I dream about getting away
    To a new life
    Where there's not so much fucking knowledge
    I don't want any of this information
    I don't want YOU
    No
    Not anymore
    I've had enough of you
    Yeah, I'm talking to you
    I'm gonna go to Paraguay
    To live in a compound under the trees
    With servants and bodyguards who love me
    Free of criticism
    Free of manners and mores
    I wanna be your basic clod
    Who made good
    And went away while he could
    To somewhere where people are still human beings
    Where they have spirit
    You take your motherfucking laptop
    And just shove it into your goddamn foul mouth
    And down your shit heel gizzard
    You fucking phony two faced three timing piece of turd
    And I hope you shit it out
    With all the words in it
    And I hope the security services read those words
    And pick you up and flay you
    For all your evil and poisonous intentions
    Because I'm sick
    And it's your fault
    And I'm gonna go heal myself now
    Yeah!
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • Options
    ShakesckyShakescky Posts: 342
    edited April 2016
    tickets sold.
    Post edited by Shakescky on
    i have witnessed some performances. i have soaked up a lot of memories.
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    The Grammy Museum in LA is hosting an In Conversation with Iggy and Josh on 4/27. Falls on my birthday and a friend helped me score a ticket earlier today as I'm on the road for work. Pretty excited.

http://www.grammymuseum.org/events/detail/iggy-pop-and-josh-homme

Wish I could also finagle a ticket for the show at the Greek the next night. Would love to see their set again.
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    I finally made the decision to buy tickets to tomorrow nights show. The album is too good not to see live.
  • Options
    I'm not a huge poster guy but some of these posters are awesome. Are they easy to get at the show? Also do they sell the vinyl at the show?
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496
    Red Lukin said:

I'm not a huge poster guy but some of these posters are awesome. Are they easy to get at the show? Also do they sell the vinyl at the show?

I'm a sucker for great show posters...... I find myself hoping the posters for concerts I go to suck so I don't feel compelled to buy........ hoping for the same on Monday in Boston!
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    While I did not feel last night's poster, I thought the show was incredible!!! You are all in for a treat, this guy is amazing :smiley: I loved it all, the guys in their glitter jackets, Josh constantly dancing around, Iggy taking his jacket off after the first song, and later on taking a bath in the audience, the set list! We were dancing our butts of, it was so cool! Iggy seemed to really enjoy the audience too, he kept on saying how much he feels for the D! I am definitely going to dive deeper into his catalogue now. I need The Idiot. My favourite section of the show was Mass Production into Nightclubbing.
    Here's the setlist:
    Lust for Life
    Sister Midnight
    American Valhalla
    Sixteen
    In the Lobby
    Some Weird Sin
    Funtime
    Tonight
    Sunday
    German Days
    Mass Production
    Nightclubbing
    Gardenia
    The Passenger
    China Girl
    Encore:
    Break Into Your Heart
    Fall in Love With Me
    Repo Man
    Baby
    Chocolate Drops
    Paraguay
    Success

Go if you can, you're not gonna reget it!
  • Options
    Does anyone recall around what time they've been taking the stage?
  • Options

I can't believe I seemed to be the only one who brought a poster tube last night. I was eating dinner and having a couple of drinks before hand and walked into the venue at 8:15. All posters were gone. I gave my tube to a random guy who had a poster. Too bad you have so arrive so early just to get a poster, but great show. Strange thing is considering the posters were numbered to 185 I barely saw any posters.

The only other downside is beer was stopped being served before 10.
  • Options
    Red Lukin said:

I can't believe I seemed to be the only one who brought a poster tube last night. I was eating dinner and having a couple of drinks before hand and walked into the venue at 8:15. All posters were gone. I gave my tube to a random guy who had a poster. Too bad you have so arrive so early just to get a poster, but great show. Strange thing is considering the posters were numbered to 185 I barely saw any posters.

The only other downside is beer was stopped being served before 10.

Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    @Leezestarr313 @Red Lukin were people seated at your shows or did they stand up? So glad the Capitol Theatre show that they added last minute for next week is all GA up front! :smiley:
  • Options
    Everybody was standing throughout the whole show in Detroit :smiley:
  • Options

Everybody was standing throughout the whole show in Detroit :smiley:

Woo hoo! Hope it will be the same for NYC and Philly! I mean, how can they not, right?
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Crap I really wanted to get a poster but i I can't get there early on Tuesday. Booo
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    Yep the second the band hit the stage everyone was standing. I couldn't see 1 person sitting but I also couldn't see the balcony. We all stood the entire show, but why would anyone wanna sit through a rockin show?? Unless they have health issues
  • Options
    It was truly an amazing show. We never even thought about sitting down. Butts were bopping all around, you were not able to resist. Unless you had no sould :smiley: I am not even familiar with Iggy's catalogue, and I could not stop moving. I also felt like the new songs were much better live than on the album. Fantastic show.
  • Options
    Wow just got back from the Boston show. Truly amazing in every aspect. Great setlist. The band was fuckin tight. They seem to be playing the same set every night but I'm telling you, I would pay crazy money to go see that same show again. Lust for Life opening might be one of the best show openers I've ever seen. Can't say enough about the band though. Out of this world.
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options

Wow just got back from the Boston show. Truly amazing in every aspect. Great setlist. The band was fuckin tight. They seem to be playing the same set every night but I'm telling you, I would pay crazy money to go see that same show again. Lust for Life opening might be one of the best show openers I've ever seen. Can't say enough about the band though. Out of this world.

I knew I was gonna have that issue so I grabbed a ticket off StubHub for Philly, and then they added the Capitol show so now I'm seeing them 3x this week :smiley:
  • Options
    ShakesckyShakescky Posts: 342

And that's why I'm also going tonight and to port chester. Iggy is the only one in my mind that can get away with cookie cutter set/banter. He is a machine and puts everybody else to shame. I felt the blowup doll in the audience was a nuisance. "Candy" request on the back of it's head. Really? Hahaha.
    i have witnessed some performances. i have soaked up a lot of memories.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    God damn that was an amazing show. I'm kicking myself for missing Lust for Life, I got in during the third song. I wasn't kicking myself for long though, because the whole show was f'ing great.

I've never been that into Iggy...... IMO I've always thought his on-stage mannerisms were a little goofy / silly. Last night did nothing to change this opinion, but these mannerisms are also as genuine as it gets, and he was about as charming as could be (it's rare when I refer to another guy as charming, but I feel like in this case it's appropriate) He had that crowd eating from the palm of his hand for the entire evening. What a freakin' showman. His smile also seemed about as genuine as it gets. There's no doubt he loves what he's doing.

I love how he was walking through the audience, crowd surfing & mingling with the fans throughout. The guy is fearless, and the majority of performers half his age (& younger!) wouldn't ever think about going into the crowd like that.

What an amazing performer.

(Thanks Suziemay, for giving me that extra nudge!)
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • Options

God damn that was an amazing show. I'm kicking myself for missing Lust for Life, I got in during the third song. I wasn't kicking myself for long though, because the whole show was f'ing great.

I've never been that into Iggy...... IMO I've always thought his on-stage mannerisms were a little goofy / silly. Last night did nothing to change this opinion, but these mannerisms are also as genuine as it gets, and he was about as charming as could be (it's rare when I refer to another guy as charming, but I feel like in this case it's appropriate) He had that crowd eating from the palm of his hand for the entire evening. What a freakin' showman. His smile also seemed about as genuine as it gets. There's no doubt he loves what he's doing.

I love how he was walking through the audience, crowd surfing & mingling with the fans throughout. The guy is fearless, and the majority of performers half his age (& younger!) wouldn't ever think about going into the crowd like that.

You're welcome :smiley: Glad to hear you had a blast. I'm going tonight (1st of 3 shows!). Nice little detour from the Pearl Jam tour :smiley:
  • Options
    Suziemay said:

You're welcome :smiley: Glad to hear you had a blast. I'm going tonight (1st of 3 shows!). Nice little detour from the Pearl Jam tour :smiley:
    Awesome!!!

Have a blast tonight, I'm looking forward to reading your review tomorrow!

(is this 1 of 3 Iggy shows, or is this 1 of three shows in general?)
  • Options
    What time did they take the stage in previous shows?
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • Options
    Nvm I found this: Check out @qotsa's Tweet:

And can I just say: OMG IT'S A SLATER!!!! My first Slater!!!!!!! Hopefully it won't sell out before i get there
  • Options

Suziemay said:

Awesome!!!

Have a blast tonight, I'm looking forward to reading your review tomorrow!

(is this 1 of 3 Iggy shows, or is this 1 of three shows in general?)
    Oh man, 3 shows for the whole year? I would die! 1 of 3 Iggy shows :) Thanks! I'll be sure to report back :smiley:
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,922
    Josh just totally berating a professional autograph seeker.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/04/josh-homme-shames-professional-autograph-vulture/

Good for him for standing up to these guys.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    :lol: Oh man, I love Josh.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata