Options

2016 Tour lottery Ticket Odds

Comments

• Options
    sjr112674sjr112674 Posts: 100
    They should of added a Newark date.... Close to NYC and Philly and place holds a huge crowd... Just my opinion
  • Options
    Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TN Posts: 1,102
    100 Pacer said:

mdarya said:

my2hands said:

I sat in the very last row, literally all the way up in the last row of the back, in Montreal 2005... and I had the time of my life

Was anyone at the Baltimore show in 2013. There was a guy in the last row of the stadium. Ed pointed him out; at the end of the show he was on the stage with the band for RITFW. It was awesome.

The seat is irrelevant, make the most of where you are.
    That was an awesome moment. The dude was going nuts the whole show and Ed finally rewarded him.

And then Jeff stormed off the stage...but let's forget that
    Remind me: was that because Ed didn't give Jeff a shout out?
    Yep. Throughout the whole night Ed kept introducing every one randomly (except Jeff) and then during Black he introduced everyone again at once except Jeff. Honest mistake I'm sure by Ed but I'd be a little pissed too if I were Jeff
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
  • Options
    CorkscrewCorkscrew Rochester, NY Posts: 13
    BeerBaron said:

Corkscrew said:

Also, Quebec City is only an hour from Ottawa. Not a lot of Ten Club interest in that show, either.

If you drive 300 mph and hit no red lights or traffic.

Yeah, I was a bit off there...lol

• Options
    Picks are in...up to the lottery gods now!

"words and music...keep me floating along" - Jeff Ament
    Tor 93 - Tor 96 - Barrie 98 - Tor 00 - Buffalo 03 - Tor 03 - Kitchener 05 - London 05 - Hamilton 05 - Tor - 05 - Tor 06 - EV Massey Hall I & II Tor 09, Chicago 09, Cleveland 10, Buffalo 10, Tor I & II 2011 - Hamilton 2011 - Vancouver 2011 - Wrigley 13 - Buffalo 13 - Ottawa 16 - Toronto I & II 2016 Fenway 2016 Night 2 - Wrigley 18 I & II - Hamilton & Toronto 2022
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,922
    MSG 1 & 2 GA are both @ 10%. Philly 2 & Toronto both @ 14% for GA.

Pearl Jam should just add an addition show for MSG, Philly & Toronto. Just do it!
  • Options
    ham_on_ryeham_on_rye Indiana Dunes Posts: 205
    amethgr8 said:

someone else splained it like everyones name goes into a giant lottery for all the shows and they pull a name and then assign them their #1 priority.

This to me makes the most sense, it is the very definition of a lottery.
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,405

amethgr8 said:

someone else splained it like everyones name goes into a giant lottery for all the shows and they pull a name and then assign them their #1 priority.

Then why do some of us win 2 shows...no...that's not it...they draw per show and those who have ranked it 1st choice.
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095

amethgr8 said:

Then why do some of us win 2 shows...no...that's not it...they draw per show and those who have ranked it 1st choice.
    Possibly because you are not eliminated from the lottery once your name has been picked the first time? Or because once the number of lottery entries is under the number of tickets left, then everyone wins, so the lottery drawings would no longer matter, because everyone wins at that point?
    This scenario does make a certain amount of sense..
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    my head hurts I just have to stop thinking about this. my picks are in. Please let me get something!!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    wasa1971wasa1971 Calgary, Canada Posts: 2,144

my head hurts I just have to stop thinking about this. my picks are in. Please let me get something!!

+1

• Options
    We need a t-shirt that says "I survived the lottery"
  • Options
    I believe that if your name gets picked you get tickets based on what shows you have selected still have tickets available. If my name gets drawn and my 1st choice is Tampa GA and they are all gone then my 2nd choice NY reserved wins because there are still tickets available for that. Since I still have 3rd choice Miami and 4th choice Greenville I go back in the pool. Now my name gets picked again and Miami is still available so I get those, back in the pool since Greenville still has tickets left. What great luck I have, my name got drawn again and Greenville is still open. That makes it possible to get tickets to every show if you select them all. It's just a theory and unless you have information that not one other person here has it's just as plausible as yours.
  • Options
  • Options
    wasa1971 said:

+1

+2

It's gonna be a GREAT year! See you in G'Ville, Philly, the Garden, and the Friendly Confines.
    Red Rocks 6/19/95 * Rapid City 6/24/98 * EV Vegas 11/1/12 * EV Tulsa 11/19/12 * Wrigley Field 7/19/13 * Brooklyn 10/19/13 * Philly 10/21/13 * Philly 10/22/13 * Hartford 10/25/13 * OKC 11/16/13 * Tulsa 10/8/2014 * Lincoln 10/9/2014 * Moline 10/17/2014 * St Paul 10/19/2014 * Greenville 4/16/16 * Philly 4/28/16 * Philly 4/29/16 * MSG 5/1/16 * MSG 5/2/16 * Wrigley 8/20/16 * Seattle 8/8/18 * Seattle 8/10/18 * Wrigley 8/18/18 * Asbury Park 9/18/21 * St Louis 9/18/22 * Denver 9/22/22 * St Paul 8/31/23
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,587
    Y'all need to read the faq. It's not as hard as you're making it v
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options

I believe that if your name gets picked you get tickets based on what shows you have selected still have tickets available. If my name gets drawn and my 1st choice is Tampa GA and they are all gone then my 2nd choice NY reserved wins because there are still tickets available for that. Since I still have 3rd choice Miami and 4th choice Greenville I go back in the pool. Now my name gets picked again and Miami is still available so I get those, back in the pool since Greenville still has tickets left. What great luck I have, my name got drawn again and Greenville is still open. That makes it possible to get tickets to every show if you select them all. It's just a theory and unless you have information that not one other person here has it's just as plausible as yours.

It's true that every theory is plausible, but not every theory is realistic. Think about the lottery from the Ten Club's perspective and what's the best way for them to pick winners. Assume there's 20 shows on a tour and each show has 1500 pairs of tickets. With your theory, because a drawn winner's name would have to be replaced, that would require a minimum of 30,000 drawings to take place to distribute all 30,000 pairs of tickets. However, at some point people's names will get drawn and none of the shows that they picked will have tickets available, so that drawing resulted in no tickets being distributed. It would likely take over 100,000 drawings before all 30,000 pairs of tickets find winners. There's no way Ten Club would manually run 100,000 drawings, so they would need a computer program to do this for them.

The computer needs to be programmed to meet all of the lotteries variables. If a person's first pick is available they get it. If not, then go to their second pick, etc. If a person's pick is available, but they already won GA tickets to that show from a previous pick then go to their next pick. If a person's pick is for New York or Philly, but a previous pick already won tickets for that city then go to their next pick. With all the variables there's probably not a computer program already written to work for the Ten Club's lottery, so they would probably have to pay to write a program and then rewrite it every tour as variables such as duplicate cities change. Keep in mind, one of the reasons the lottery system started is because their servers couldn't handle the high demand for ticket sales. They wouldn't invest in a new server, so I doubt they would pay to get a sophisticated computer system to run their lottery the way you theorized. Especially when there's easier and cheaper options for them.

What they probably do is what many people on the forum have already explained. They first take all the people who picked GA for show #1 with their first priority pick. If they have 500 pairs of GA tickets available, but 800 people requested GA for that show with their first pick they randomly select 500 people from the 800 entries and those people win GA for that show. Nobody who picked GA with any other picks will get GA for that show. If however instead of 800 people picking GA with their first pick, let's assume there was only 300 people who picked GA for that show with their first pick. In this case, all 300 people who picked GA as their first choice will get GA for that show. The Ten Club will then look at how many people picked GA as their second pick to distribute the 200 remaining tickets available. If 400 people picked GA for that show with their second pick they will then randomly pick 200 people out of the 400 entries and those people will also win GA for that show. If fewer then 200 people picked GA for that show with their second choice then everyone who did would win GA tickets and the remainder will go to people who had it as their third pick. This continues until all GA tickets for that show have been allocated. They then do the same thing for the GA tickets to show #2 through the last show of the tour. Then they do the same thing for the Reserved seats. It's an easy process that takes 40 drawings for a 20 show tour instead of the 100,000 with the other theory.

If you look at past tours and found someone who won with their 5th pick, that's because there wasn't enough people who chose that type of ticket for that show as their first through fourth choice for the number of seats that were available. Everyone who did pick those tickets for that show with a higher priority won tickets. You will not find any examples where this isn't true. The reason 2013 had some odd results is because people weren't sure how the lottery was run at the time and we were not given the odds. A lot of people chose GA and reserved for both shows in Brooklyn and/or Philly using up 4 of their picks which allowed some other shows to have winners with lower priorities then what you will see with this tour. Also, after the drawing in 2013 the Ten Club sent out an email that gave everyone an opportunity to enter a second chance to win GA tickets to Phoenix and Calgary. The reason is because there were more pairs of tickets available than were picked with all the priorities. Every person who requested GA tickets in those cities with any pick, be it 1st pick, 7th pick, or their 18th pick would have won GA tickets. If they listed odds in 2013 both Phoenix and Calgary would have had odds of 99% for both GA and Reserved Seating. The reason there wasn't a second drawing for reserved seats is because the extra tickets were sold by Ticketmaster. Ten Club doesn't want to sell GA tickets via Ticketmaster. That's why people who listed reserved with a first choice may have won GA as a second choice because there were more GA tickets available than what was requested with a first choice.

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    edited January 2016
    JB111896 said:

It's true that every theory is plausible, but not every theory is realistic. Think about the lottery from the Ten Club's perspective and what's the best way for them to pick winners. Assume there's 20 shows on a tour and each show has 1500 pairs of tickets. With your theory, because a drawn winner's name would have to be replaced, that would require a minimum of 30,000 drawings to take place to distribute all 30,000 pairs of tickets. However, at some point people's names will get drawn and none of the shows that they picked will have tickets available, so that drawing resulted in no tickets being distributed. It would likely take over 100,000 drawings before all 30,000 pairs of tickets find winners. There's no way Ten Club would manually run 100,000 drawings, so they would need a computer program to do this for them.

The computer needs to be programmed to meet all of the lotteries variables. If a person's first pick is available they get it. If not, then go to their second pick, etc. If a person's pick is available, but they already won GA tickets to that show from a previous pick then go to their next pick. If a person's pick is for New York or Philly, but a previous pick already won tickets for that city then go to their next pick. With all the variables there's probably not a computer program already written to work for the Ten Club's lottery, so they would probably have to pay to write a program and then rewrite it every tour as variables such as duplicate cities change. Keep in mind, one of the reasons the lottery system started is because their servers couldn't handle the high demand for ticket sales. They wouldn't invest in a new server, so I doubt they would pay to get a sophisticated computer system to run their lottery the way you theorized. Especially when there's easier and cheaper options for them.

What they probably do is what many people on the forum have already explained. They first take all the people who picked GA for show #1 with their first priority pick. If they have 500 pairs of GA tickets available, but 800 people requested GA for that show with their first pick they randomly select 500 people from the 800 entries and those people win GA for that show. Nobody who picked GA with any other picks will get GA for that show. If however instead of 800 people picking GA with their first pick, let's assume there was only 300 people who picked GA for that show with their first pick. In this case, all 300 people who picked GA as their first choice will get GA for that show. The Ten Club will then look at how many people picked GA as their second pick to distribute the 200 remaining tickets available. If 400 people picked GA for that show with their second pick they will then randomly pick 200 people out of the 400 entries and those people will also win GA for that show. If fewer then 200 people picked GA for that show with their second choice then everyone who did would win GA tickets and the remainder will go to people who had it as their third pick. This continues until all GA tickets for that show have been allocated. They then do the same thing for the GA tickets to show #2 through the last show of the tour. Then they do the same thing for the Reserved seats. It's an easy process that takes 40 drawings for a 20 show tour instead of the 100,000 with the other theory.

If you look at past tours and found someone who won with their 5th pick, that's because there wasn't enough people who chose that type of ticket for that show as their first through fourth choice for the number of seats that were available. Everyone who did pick those tickets for that show with a higher priority won tickets. You will not find any examples where this isn't true. The reason 2013 had some odd results is because people weren't sure how the lottery was run at the time and we were not given the odds. A lot of people chose GA and reserved for both shows in Brooklyn and/or Philly using up 4 of their picks which allowed some other shows to have winners with lower priorities then what you will see with this tour. Also, after the drawing in 2013 the Ten Club sent out an email that gave everyone an opportunity to enter a second chance to win GA tickets to Phoenix and Calgary. The reason is because there were more pairs of tickets available than were picked with all the priorities. Every person who requested GA tickets in those cities with any pick, be it 1st pick, 7th pick, or their 18th pick would have won GA tickets. If they listed odds in 2013 both Phoenix and Calgary would have had odds of 99% for both GA and Reserved Seating. The reason there wasn't a second drawing for reserved seats is because the extra tickets were sold by Ticketmaster. Ten Club doesn't want to sell GA tickets via Ticketmaster. That's why people who listed reserved with a first choice may have won GA as a second choice because there were more GA tickets available than what was requested with a first choice.

again,,this guy knows what he is talking about ^
    i hope people read carefully your post and understand how lottery works
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    ^ I have to agree, that is a good explanation.
  • Options
    fall by the waysidefall by the wayside Jericho, VT Posts: 753

JB111896 said:

Yes this is exactly how it works. This is in the ticket FAQ and has been explained by the 10c. Another point to note that seems to confuse people is that the shows are drawn chronologically. This especially affects cities where there are two shows, but you can only be picked for one. Therefore, say you made your picks like this: #1- Philly 2 GA
    #2- Philly 2 reserved
    #3- Philly 1 reserved
    The drawing for Philly 1 happens before the drawing for Philly 2. Therefore, if reserved seats for Philly 1 went all the way to people's 3rd priority you could face a scenario where you win those seats and your #1 and #2 picks are eliminated before the drawing for Philly 2 even happens, because you can only win tickets to one of those two shows.
    9/13/98, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 6/29/03, 7/2/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 10/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 9/26/15, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 8/13/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/26/21, 9/1/22, 9/2/22, 9/14/22, 9/18/23, 9/19/23
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,405
    So all you who don't get it stop speculating...JB111896 is exactly right. That's it, and this time there won't be a second chance drawing for GA's. THE END....
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Posts: 382

JB111896 said:

Yes this is exactly how it works. This is in the ticket FAQ and has been explained by the 10c. Another point to note that seems to confuse people is that the shows are drawn chronologically. This especially affects cities where there are two shows, but you can only be picked for one. Therefore, say you made your picks like this: #1- Philly 2 GA
    #2- Philly 2 reserved
    #3- Philly 1 reserved
    The drawing for Philly 1 happens before the drawing for Philly 2. Therefore, if reserved seats for Philly 1 went all the way to people's 3rd priority you could face a scenario where you win those seats and your #1 and #2 picks are eliminated before the drawing for Philly 2 even happens, because you can only win tickets to one of those two shows.

Wait, so I'm pretty clear on the lotto overall, but following the logic of the last post here, are you saying the odds are inherently better for the 2nd shows for NYC and Philly because folks have already been eliminated from contention when the first show picks are selected? I had never thought about that.
  • Options

#2- Philly 2 reserved
    #3- Philly 1 reserved

What you're suggesting is possible, but I have confidence that the Ten Club is smart enough to do the drawings for all the GA shows first before doing any drawings for reserved seating. That would eliminate the possibility of your scenario from happening. Of course if they choose chronologically and someone picks Philly 2 GA with their first pick and Philly 1 GA as their second pick and there weren't enough people who picked Philly 1 GA with their first picks it would be possible for this person to win Philly 1 GA with their second pick eliminating them from the opportunity to win Philly 2 with their first choice. However with Philly and New York being as popular as they are, there will probably be more people picking those shows as their first pick than tickets available so this probably wouldn't happen.
  • Options
    JB111896 said:

#2- Philly 2 reserved
    #3- Philly 1 reserved

What you're suggesting is possible, but I have confidence that the Ten Club is smart enough to do the drawings for all the GA shows first before doing any drawings for reserved seating. That would eliminate the possibility of your scenario from happening. Of course if they choose chronologically and someone picks Philly 2 GA with their first pick and Philly 1 GA as their second pick and there weren't enough people who picked Philly 1 GA with their first picks it would be possible for this person to win Philly 1 GA with their second pick eliminating them from the opportunity to win Philly 2 with their first choice. However with Philly and New York being as popular as they are, there will probably be more people picking those shows as their first pick than tickets available so this probably wouldn't happen.
    That's just not how it works. Starting with the first show of the tour GA is drawn, then reserved is drawn. Then the next show is drawn in that order. And on and on. Read the ticket FAQ. And you may think there's no possibility this scenario happens but it absolutely did for the Philly 2013 shows. Believe what you want, I'll be making my picks based on how the 10c actually does the drawing.
    9/13/98, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 6/29/03, 7/2/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 10/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 9/26/15, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 8/13/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/26/21, 9/1/22, 9/2/22, 9/14/22, 9/18/23, 9/19/23
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    JB111896 said:

#2- Philly 2 reserved
    #3- Philly 1 reserved

True, so the real scenario is likely this: If they do all the GA drawings first and in order of the shows and you are not one of the lucky ones to win Philly 2 GA because demand > supply, you could still end up being allocated Philly 1 Reserved before Philly 2 reserved because it's drawing happens first, despite the fact that your preference is Philly 2 Reserved (which you are instantly eliminated from the moment the Philly 1 Reserved tickets are awarded to you).
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    DEEPDEEP Posts: 274
    What if I chose GA as my 1st choice and reserved as my 2nd choice to the same show, if I didn't get lucky enough to win GA could I miss out on reserved too since it was my 2nd choice? I just want to be in the building but my dream has always been to be on the floor. I don't know what to do, any suggestions?
  • Options
    JB111896 said:

#2- Philly 2 reserved
    #3- Philly 1 reserved

If you believe that all GA tickets are distributed before any reserved tickets are distributed, you are wrong. If this were the case, then every single person here should chose GA as their 1st options, because they would really have nothing to lose, right? In your scenario, everyone would have an equal chance for GA, and then if they lose GA, then they just get thrown in the pool for reserved seats, again giving everyone an equal chance. Is that how you believe the lottery to work?

Now this is the scenario I used in 2013 for Wrigley. And it seemed that most people here agreed with me.

Look at your lottery choice as a Ping-Pong ball.
    Your GA Ping-Pong ball is thrown in a bucket
    The reserved Ping-Pong balls are thrown in a bucket.
    Both drawings begin at the same time.
    Your Ping-Pong ball remains in GA until all GA tickets are distributed, yet at the same time they are drawing GA seats, they are drawing reserved seats.
    Your Ping-Pong ball does not get put into the reserved seat bucket until all GA tickets are gone. And by that time plenty of reserved seats are gone.

In other words, by attempting to get GA seats, knowing you only had a 10% chance of getting them, you also lowered your chances of getting reserved too.

To me, that just makes sense. Right?
    Or do I need to make myself a cup of coffee and get the sleep out of my eyes? Haha

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,882
    DEEP said:

What if I chose GA as my 1st choice and reserved as my 2nd choice to the same show, if I didn't get lucky enough to win GA could I miss out on reserved too since it was my 2nd choice? I just want to be in the building but my dream has always been to be on the floor. I don't know what to do, any suggestions?

GA first and Reserved second is the only way to get 2 shots at tickets (for a high-demand show). My mentality has always been to pick the tickets you want and not over-think the lottery system.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    DEEP said:

That's correct. If you just want to be in the building, your safest bet is to pick Reserved as your first choice. If you are willing to take on some risk for the possibility of the GA experience, which is a lot better, especially if you have a high member number, enter GA #1 and Reserved #2. It's a tough call...
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    edited January 2016

JB111896 said:

#2- Philly 2 reserved
    #3- Philly 1 reserved

If you believe that all GA tickets are distributed before any reserved tickets are distributed, you are wrong. If this were the case, then every single person here should chose GA as their 1st options, because they would really have nothing to lose, right? In your scenario, everyone would have an equal chance for GA, and then if they lose GA, then they just get thrown in the pool for reserved seats, again giving everyone an equal chance. Is that how you believe the lottery to work?

Now this is the scenario I used in 2013 for Wrigley. And it seemed that most people here agreed with me.

Your Ping-Pong ball remains in GA until all GA tickets are distributed, yet at the same time they are drawing GA seats, they are drawing reserved seats.
    Your Ping-Pong ball does not get put into the reserved seat bucket until all GA tickets are gone. And by that time plenty of reserved seats are gone.

In other words, by attempting to get GA seats, knowing you only had a 10% chance of getting them, you also lowered your chances of getting reserved too.

Or do I need to make myself a cup of coffee and get the sleep out of my eyes? Haha

You're right on Speedy with the exception of one thing. The drawings are not happening simultaneously. GA is drawn first, then reserved. Then the next show is done. 10c has confirmed this in the past.
    Post edited by fall by the wayside on
  • Options

JB111896 said:

#2- Philly 2 reserved
    #3- Philly 1 reserved

Nah you're right on Speedy. I'm not sure why so many refuse to believe how the system actually works. This is only like the 4th time the band has used this.....
    Yeah, I thought everyone had it figured out after the Wrigley show in 2013. Getting GA seats would be great, but by attempting for GA, you also reduce your chances for reserved. Its that simple.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....