Options

Hampton Roll Call

Comments

• Options
    TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 VA Posts: 1,289
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

It was a last minute, spontaneous decision but I am officially going to the Hampton show as well now! I got my tickets early today. It will be 5 shows I hit this tour (if Raleigh isnt cancelled). Ill see you all in VA! So very excited!

Nice... In the pit, Marcus?
    No, I opted to do Reserved this tour. My father is hitting Hampton with me, we haven't went to a PJ gig together since Bristow 2010. Then the other 4 shows will be with my girlfriend. Gville will be her very first PJ show. She's only 5 ft 1 in, GA wouldn't be the best option for her. So it will be great to have these experiences. Plus, I've only hit 2 shows in a tour before, and 5 will be huge for me. So Matt, are we looking at maybe having a BTN video for Hampton?
    Maybe. I'm in the pit and I plan on that being my 'lose my mind' show so I can't commit. There is a guy named Dennis Justus on YT that hits all the VA concerts and records. We'll see what he comes up with. I can tell you we have 4 sets of substantial (90+%) footage from FLL and MIA so those two are a lock. NY and PHL shows are locked in as well.
    Good deal, that's great! I think I remember reading on the BTN FB page that Gville and Raleigh were likely as well?
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

my2hands said:

DO NOT SPEED ON I-95 IN VIRGINIA

you have been warned

I will second this notion to the fullest extent!
    Don't ever go 20+ over any posted speed limit. And don't ever go over 80mph, period, regardless of the posted limit.
    i would go 5mph over the limit MAX on I-95 at all times... cruise control is your friend
  • Options
    TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 VA Posts: 1,289
    mrussel1 said:

nicknyr15 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

It was a last minute, spontaneous decision but I am officially going to the Hampton show as well now! I got my tickets early today. It will be 5 shows I hit this tour (if Raleigh isnt cancelled). Ill see you all in VA! So very excited!

No, I opted to do Reserved this tour. My father is hitting Hampton with me, we haven't went to a PJ gig together since Bristow 2010. Then the other 4 shows will be with my girlfriend. Gville will be her very first PJ show. She's only 5 ft 1 in, GA wouldn't be the best option for her. So it will be great to have these experiences. Plus, I've only hit 2 shows in a tour before, and 5 will be huge for me. So Matt, are we looking at maybe having a BTN video for Hampton?
    Maybe. I'm in the pit and I plan on that being my 'lose my mind' show so I can't commit. There is a guy named Dennis Justus on YT that hits all the VA concerts and records. We'll see what he comes up with. I can tell you we have 4 sets of substantial (90+%) footage from FLL and MIA so those two are a lock. NY and PHL shows are locked in as well.
    Awesome news!! One week from I will be on the long road to Hampton. I cannot wait. This show is going to be bonkers.
    As I was standing in two hour lines in the hot FL sun this weekend, people were talking about their next shows. Definitely a consensus that "Hampton is THE show" of the tour. I hope it lives up to the hype we are all group thinking ourselves into believing... please please.
    Im not surprised to hear that, and that's one reason I have kept this Hampton show in the back of my mind ever since I decided during the lottery that it would be too much $ at that moment for 5 shows, so I skipped Hampton at that time. BUT I believed ever since I saw the venues on the day they were released Hampton and/or Greenville will be the top tier show(s) of the tour. Therefore, Im super excited that I am going now. My seats arent the best, but I am in the building with you all and thankfully its one of the smaller venues this tour! The outside of it looks beautiful too.
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    CosmoCramerCosmoCramer Posts: 569
    Sirius playing Greatful Dead Concert Hampton, VA 10.8.1989 on Greatful Dead channel.
    Indy 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Champaign 2003
    Indy 2003
    St. Louis 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Indy 2010
    Hampton 2016
    Lexington 2016
    EV Bourbon and Beyond 2017
    Chicago N1 2018
    Chicago N2 2018
    Nashville 2022
    St Louis 2022
    Oklahoma City 2022
    Denver 2022
    Chicago N1 2023
    Chicago N2 2023
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,801

I live in Denver now (moved from Richmond Va). Not making it to any shows. I hope you guys enjoy the Hampton show, it's going to be Epic!!!
    (Be careful parting in the lot though my friends)
    TCB⚡️

why careful in the lot? do they allow a tailgate? cops are dicks? i hope so, its gonna be 73 and sunny.
    This might sound crazy, but are they any good surf beaches around the arena? The weather is looking nice!
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,642
    nicknyr15 said:

I live in Denver now (moved from Richmond Va). Not making it to any shows. I hope you guys enjoy the Hampton show, it's going to be Epic!!!
    TCB⚡️

why careful in the lot? do they allow a tailgate? cops are dicks? i hope so, its gonna be 73 and sunny.
    This might sound crazy, but are they any good surf beaches around the arena? The weather is looking nice!
    No, I wouldn't think so. VA Beach has small waves. My daughter drove down last week for a day during spring break and said there was nothing happening. The surfing in that area is in the OBX. But that's a good 2+ hours away. You would need a wet suit this time of year.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

nicknyr15 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Awesome news!! One week from I will be on the long road to Hampton. I cannot wait. This show is going to be bonkers.
    As I was standing in two hour lines in the hot FL sun this weekend, people were talking about their next shows. Definitely a consensus that "Hampton is THE show" of the tour. I hope it lives up to the hype we are all group thinking ourselves into believing... please please.
    Im not surprised to hear that, and that's one reason I have kept this Hampton show in the back of my mind ever since I decided during the lottery that it would be too much $ at that moment for 5 shows, so I skipped Hampton at that time. BUT I believed ever since I saw the venues on the day they were released Hampton and/or Greenville will be the top tier show(s) of the tour. Therefore, Im super excited that I am going now. My seats arent the best, but I am in the building with you all and thankfully its one of the smaller venues this tour! The outside of it looks beautiful too.
    Greenville looks small too. I think Hampton is even smaller. To your earlier question, I am in Raleigh and Greenville too. Greenville I am fortunate because a client of mine has season tickets to that venue. So we are on the side in Row A. Should have a good view. I plan on recording there for sure. Raleigh is 10c reserves. We should try to catch up one of these places.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

nicknyr15 said:

TCB⚡️

No, I wouldn't think so. VA Beach has small waves. My daughter drove down last week for a day during spring break and said there was nothing happening. The surfing in that area is in the OBX. But that's a good 2+ hours away. You would need a wet suit this time of year.
    Thanks for the info! I always have my wetsuit handy.
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

mrussel1 said:

nicknyr15 said:

TCB⚡️

Pick your beach. VA beach is the only VA one on the report. The rest are OBX and down. You can see when the wind is coming in, the OBX are 2 feet larger on average. http://obxsurfinfo.com/reports/
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

nicknyr15 said:

mrussel1 said:

nicknyr15 said:

TCB⚡️

Pick your beach. VA beach is the only VA one on the report. The rest are OBX and down. You can see when the wind is coming in, the OBX are 2 feet larger on average. http://obxsurfinfo.com/reports/
    Great info for sure. Much appreciated
  • Options
    gfnk001gfnk001 Posts: 652
    Who will I get to meet in line for GA?
  • Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    1 week...getting...excited...damn
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    i'm hoping for an all-time classic poster for this show... like top 10 of all time classic
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
    edited April 2016
    my2hands said:

i'm hoping for an all-time classic poster for this show... like top 10 of all time classic

How about one of a Gorilla shooting a basketball?
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 885
    my2hands said:

I'll be fine with that...

ONE WEEK YOU GUYS! ONE. WEEK!!!!
  • Options
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    I'm thinking something more like this! image
  • Options

I'm thinking something more like this! image

Maybe we'll get another Chuck Sperry beauty.
  • Options
    I'm thinking we could get a Grateful Dead inspired poster assuming the artist is up on their history.
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007

Sasquatch...not a gorilla.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options

Sasquatch...not a gorilla.
    My bad. I should have noticed that as I'm a big fan of Harry and the Henderson's.
  • Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    We are getting " Leash"..I feel it..
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options

my2hands said:

How about one of a Gorilla shooting a basketball?
    That's exactly what I had in mind!
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 885

We are getting " Leash"..I feel it..

Yes pls
  • Options
    I'm waiting for Todd Slater to do a PJ print... Hampton would be a great time for it
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    edited April 2016
    They don't em make like those 1998's - my Detroit can't be topped - to me
  • Options
    Where do I find country ham? I want the real deal
  • Options
    GB281198GB281198 Virginia Posts: 404
    Some more Hampton Coliseum history for you....notable bands that have played there: the Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen, Cheap Trick, Neil Young, U2, REM, Tom Petty, Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden!
  • Options
    Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,889
    If anyone would be willing to pick up 1 poster, 2 stickers and 1 button for me, it would be greatly appreciated. I will in return buy you a poster, 2 stickers and 1 button. If not, no worries, I completely understand the hassle of it all. I'm making this freaking show but it's going to be right at the time of tip off so I'm going to be running late.. I can Paypal ahead of time if needed. Sorry for asking, it's just one of those tight fits for me and this show. So freaking excited for it! PJ4LIFE
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• Options
    GB281198GB281198 Virginia Posts: 404
    my2hands said:

Where do I find country ham? I want the real deal

You will probably want to go to Smithfield it's a small town across the James river from Hampton