Options

Hampton Roll Call

Comments

• Options
    LiftedLifted Posts: 1,680
    my2hands said:

Lifted said:

my2hands said:

Looks like 10c ticket pickup is at the Hampton Roads Convention Center which looks like it's right across the street

Good to know. I didnt read the email very thoroughly...you gonna be at the show with your salty attitude? Lol
    I will be there... the show will suck so bad I'll probably end up leaving early
    Just double fist it like your picture so you wont even remember how shitty of a time you'll be having.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited April 2016
    Lifted said:

my2hands said:

Lifted said:

my2hands said:

Looks like 10c ticket pickup is at the Hampton Roads Convention Center which looks like it's right across the street

Good to know. I didnt read the email very thoroughly...you gonna be at the show with your salty attitude? Lol
    Just double fist it like your picture so you wont even remember how shitty of a time you'll be having.
    get sloppy drunk... disturb everyone around me... scream various song requests... throw up in the middle of the 1st set, right on the floor... roll out

I love this plan
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Bristow was my first PJ show. In May, it was just barely 50 degrees.
    I thought the in house mix was pretty bad, the boot doesn't reflect it.
    Save You was a revelation.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192

Bristow was my first PJ show. In May, it was just barely 50 degrees.
    I thought the in house mix was pretty bad, the boot doesn't reflect it.
    Save You was a revelation.

Yeah. and I think the stage mix was kinda funky too. Jeff almost lost the groove during Save You.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    who wants to get drunk with me and roll early?
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,720
    my2hands said:

During Pendulum?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

my2hands said:

During Pendulum?
    I saw a guy throw up, pass out, and get carried out of Moline before the 1st song

wtf? lol
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    my2hands said:

I did read this correctly, right? 10c pickup is at the convention center?
  • Options
    my2hands said:

my2hands said:

I did read this correctly, right? 10c pickup is at the convention center?
    Yeah, across the street, next to the Embassy.
  • Options
    CosmoCramerCosmoCramer Posts: 571
    my2hands said:

Lifted said:

my2hands said:

Lifted said:

my2hands said:

get sloppy drunk... disturb everyone around me... scream various song requests... throw up in the middle of the 1st set, right on the floor... roll out

I love this plan
    Are you GA 2hands or reserved?
    Indy 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Champaign 2003
    Indy 2003
    St. Louis 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Indy 2010
    Hampton 2016
    Lexington 2016
    EV Bourbon and Beyond 2017
    Chicago N1 2018
    Chicago N2 2018
    Nashville 2022
    St Louis 2022
    Oklahoma City 2022
    Denver 2022
    Chicago N1 2023
    Chicago N2 2023
  • Options

my2hands said:

Lifted said:

my2hands said:

Lifted said:

my2hands said:

I love this plan
    I am in reserved... I will be the guy who leaves in the 1st set
  • Options
    my2hands said:

my2hands said:

Lifted said:

my2hands said:

Lifted said:

my2hands said:

I love this plan
    I am in reserved... I will be the guy who leaves in the 1st set
    I will be sure to move out of your way.
    Indy 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Champaign 2003
    Indy 2003
    St. Louis 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Indy 2010
    Hampton 2016
    Lexington 2016
    Chicago N1 2018
    Chicago N2 2018
    Nashville 2022
    St Louis 2022
    Oklahoma City 2022
    Denver 2022
    Chicago N1 2023
    Chicago N2 2023
  • Options
    honestly... I haven't been this excited for a show in a while...

This has "Instant Classic" written all over it
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 888
    my2hands said:

There it is.... Hah!
  • Options
    GB281198GB281198 Virginia Posts: 404
    my2hands said:

40 year old arena that holds 13000... a band who can play anywhere they want...they chose this one for a reason...and by the way 15 days to go!
  • Options
    AZDAZD AZ Posts: 32
    Flying in from Arizona for this one. Last Hampton Coliseum show for me was the Dead in '92. I can't believe the building is still standing. Blows my mind that this show is on the tour.

I've got 2 pairs of extras (Mezz J and Mezz X) and possibly 1 extra Floor C Reserved. PM me if interested.
  • Options
    my2hands said:

Well look at you!
    Indy 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Champaign 2003
    Indy 2003
    St. Louis 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Indy 2010
    Hampton 2016
    Lexington 2016
    Chicago N1 2018
    Chicago N2 2018
    Nashville 2022
    St Louis 2022
    Oklahoma City 2022
    Denver 2022
    Chicago N1 2023
    Chicago N2 2023
  • Options

my2hands said:

Well look at you!
    I was just trying to get people fired up! this was the first show that jumped off the tour announcement to me... me and my amazing girlfriend are going to head down early and make a few days of it in the area...

this is the show of the tour.... Greenville on a Saturday night will be great... philly on a Friday night will be amazing... msg will of course be great... but I think this is THE ONE
  • Options
    dschifrin said:

Flying in from Arizona for this one. Last Hampton Coliseum show for me was the Dead in '92. I can't believe the building is still standing.

that's pretty damn impressive

• Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
    my2hands said:

my2hands said:

Well look at you!
    I was just trying to get people fired up! this was the first show that jumped off the tour announcement to me... me and my amazing girlfriend are going to head down early and make a few days of it in the area...

this is the show of the tour.... Greenville on a Saturday night will be great... philly on a Friday night will be amazing... msg will of course be great... but I think this is THE ONE
    I have to agree with you on this. Something about this venue and the history of it makes you think this going to be something special. Be it a song they never play, a longer set list, special guest or an album front to back, something big is coming to this show.
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    Been to a half dozen or so shows at the coliseum since the early 90s with Tool being the most recent. It hasn't changed much, I'm surprised at the lineup it still gets. there is nothing fancy about it, I've been in shock since the show was announced. This is going to be a special night!!!
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    This is what I think of when I think of Hampton...

https://youtu.be/PFPh5PL2c8Y
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    LiftedLifted Posts: 1,680
    Is there anything to do around this arena? Im gonna go down a day early. Trying to decide if i should book my room at the convention center an extra night or if i should stay in virginia beach sunday night.
  • Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Wow..so long ago Keith has no wrinkles...maybe we get a stones cover?
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    my2hands said:

my2hands said:

Well look at you!

I think we were fired up, but now I am glad you are going to stay for the whole show. My beautiful wife of 23 years and I will be driving in from Indy Sunday morning to enjoy this one. Then Lexington the following week.
    Indy 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Champaign 2003
    Indy 2003
    St. Louis 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Indy 2010
    Hampton 2016
    Lexington 2016
    Chicago N1 2018
    Chicago N2 2018
    Nashville 2022
    St Louis 2022
    Oklahoma City 2022
    Denver 2022
    Chicago N1 2023
    Chicago N2 2023
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 888
    TWO WEEKS.
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options

That kind of freaks me out.
    Indy 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Champaign 2003
    Indy 2003
    St. Louis 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Indy 2010
    Hampton 2016
    Lexington 2016
    Chicago N1 2018
    Chicago N2 2018
    Nashville 2022
    St Louis 2022
    Oklahoma City 2022
    Denver 2022
    Chicago N1 2023
    Chicago N2 2023
  • Options
    Lifted said:

Is there anything to do around this arena? Im gonna go down a day early. Trying to decide if i should book my room at the convention center an extra night or if i should stay in virginia beach sunday night.

There is dining and shopping not far from the arena, not sure what you're interested in. Hampton/Newport News some museums (Mariners museum, air and space museum) the Hampton roads region has several historical sites if you're into that
  • Options
    GB281198 said:

Lifted said:

There is dining and shopping not far from the arena, not sure what you're interested in. Hampton/Newport News some museums (Mariners museum, air and space museum) the Hampton roads region has several historical sites if you're into that
    Busch Gardens is close (probably only open Sat/Sun), Colonial Williamsburg, Yorktown Victory Center, serious outlet shopping, etc. Plenty to do in Richmond which is probably an hour.