Options

Hampton Roll Call

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,645
    Attaway77 said:

If anyone would be willing to pick up 1 poster, 2 stickers and 1 button for me, it would be greatly appreciated. I will in return buy you a poster, 2 stickers and 1 button. If not, no worries, I completely understand the hassle of it all. I'm making this freaking show but it's going to be right at the time of tip off so I'm going to be running late.. I can Paypal ahead of time if needed. Sorry for asking, it's just one of those tight fits for me and this show. So freaking excited for it! PJ4LIFE

Where do you live? I ask because I think I could do that for you but I'm taking my swag back to the Marriott before the show. You can pm me..
  • Options
    DC279686DC279686 Posts: 13
    For Hampton to get this show on the tour is a big deal for this area. I grew up going to shows at the Coliseum, so I'm going to feel like a kid all over again. Except I will have a ticket to get in, we won't have to bribe the side door ushers with cash like when I was in high school. I'm curious how it came about, some combination of arena availability, routing and a desire to throw smaller intimate venues in the mix? Either way, this market does not get the large arena tours so you can expect the locals to show appreciation with lots of energy. Nothing jaded or routine or expected like fans in bigger cities might feel about regular PJ tour appearances.
  • Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    If its half the vibe that Cville had, it will be one for the books..that vibe brought them back to Virginia..
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    anybody else want Oceans to open?
  • Options
    my2hands said:

Sure.. but if I ordered it, it would be a slow burn.... Release to Long Road to Oceans to something hard. Build the pressure... Ed can reorder those three as he sees fit.
  • Options
    my2hands said:

Hell yeah! One of my "white wales". Hoping to get Oceans here and my other white wale Leash in Raleigh. If they don't play Oceans before I think we stand a real chance this time!
  • Options
    By the way I think Hampton + Raleigh is going to be amazing 1-2 punch. With all the history of the coliseum and then to Raleigh with the controversy plus the fact that Skully was from there it has the makings to be a memorable few days for those of us making both!
  • Options
    maverickmaverick Posts: 1,185
    mrussel1 said:

my2hands said:

Sure.. but if I ordered it, it would be a slow burn.... Release to Long Road to Oceans to something hard. Build the pressure... Ed can reorder those three as he sees fit.
    I couldn't agree with you more. Insert Hard to Imagine anywhere in the set and I'll probably die right there.

Those four songs have never all been played together in the same concert. Just saying. People would talk about that show for years and years.
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 885
    If Release isn't played by the time Hampton comes around I think they open with that.. And then kick our ass from there!!
  • Options

If Release isn't played by the time Hampton comes around I think they open with that.. And then kick our ass from there!!

Just need to muscle through two more shows with no Release. It is interesting that it's been hard songs for every opener thus far. I thought for the past few years that Ed was using them to warm up. I guess I was wrong.
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 885
    mrussel1 said:

Just need to muscle through two more shows with no Release. It is interesting that it's been hard songs for every opener thus far. I thought for the past few years that Ed was using them to warm up. I guess I was wrong.
    Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE for a Last Exit opener or something like Why Go. But given the setting for this show, I feel like Release is a perfect opener.
  • Options
    TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 VA Posts: 1,289
    my2hands said:

It's in my top 20 Wishlist for my 5 shows. It would be a gorgeous start to the show.
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 VA Posts: 1,289
    mrussel1 said:

Same here about the warm up. It's shaping up to be one of the most intriguing tours. I hope Hampton is one, if not the pinnacle, of this notion.
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    I hope we get a rockin' ass show from beginning to end. I don't think I can handle sad, down-tempo tunes right now. LIft me up, PJ!!
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    My wish? Ripple encore Ed solo. Love the floyd, who, lennon, marley, and clash covers, and time to show Jerry some love Ed! Pipe dream but hey a man can dream.
  • Options
    EnjoyBeingEnjoyBeing Posts: 125
    Get_Right said:

My wish? Ripple encore Ed solo. Love the floyd, who, lennon, marley, and clash covers, and time to show Jerry some love Ed! Pipe dream but hey a man can dream.

I am biased in favor of the Grateful Dead. Thus, no surprise, I would love to hear PJ cover a dead tune at Hampton (or anywhere).

That said, I look forward to whatever PJ wants to play at Hampton. I'll be there all night. ;-)
  • Options

Get_Right said:

I am biased in favor of the Grateful Dead. Thus, no surprise, I would love to hear PJ cover a dead tune at Hampton (or anywhere).

That said, I look forward to whatever PJ wants to play at Hampton. I'll be there all night. ;-)
    If they know the history, a Stone cover wouldn't surprise me. Although I'd like something other than Waiting on a Friend which they played last tour. I like that song a lot, but don't think they did a great job with it.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    A Dead cover, specifically a Jerry song, would be incredible

Any Stones cover would be sweet as well
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    Mankind by Stoney.....
  • Options
  • Options
    CosmoCramerCosmoCramer Posts: 571
    my2hands said:

Dont like covers, play their own shit..............Hard to Imagine.
    Indy 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Champaign 2003
    Indy 2003
    St. Louis 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Indy 2010
    Hampton 2016
    Lexington 2016
    EV Bourbon and Beyond 2017
    Chicago N1 2018
    Chicago N2 2018
    Nashville 2022
    St Louis 2022
    Oklahoma City 2022
    Denver 2022
    Chicago N1 2023
    Chicago N2 2023
  • Options

my2hands said:

I love a good cover
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
    my2hands said:

my2hands said:

I love a good cover
    Greatest Love Of All cover?
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options

my2hands said:

my2hands said:

I love a good cover
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ef0JqH67V8
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    Get_Right said:

i could drop dead happily were i stand if he/they covered ripple...
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    or Wharf Rat.
  • Options
    my2hands said:

my2hands said:

my2hands said:

I love a good cover
    Nicely played
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    my2hands said:

my2hands said:

my2hands said:

I love a good cover
    Should it happen, It could arguably be looked at as their defining moment as a band.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438

my2hands said:

my2hands said:

my2hands said:

I love a good cover
    Should it happen, It could arguably be looked at as their defining moment as a band.
    It would be talked about for decades!
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.