Chicago N2 2023
  • Options
    GotBugsGotBugs Posts: 28
    mrussel1 said:

Lifted said:

my2hands said:

Lifted said:

AmyDee said:

I just realized that the reservation I made for the Marriot Courtyard in Hampton is for the 17th, not the 18th, and the 18th is of course sold out now. The Days Inn still has rooms, but reviews are horrible. Anyone here have any experience with The Days Inn in Hampton?

I wouldnt worry about reviews. Most people that write reviews have a bone to pick. If theres a bed with clean sheets and running water you're good, yeah? That said, have you checked red roof inn at the convention center? I think thats where ten club ticket pickup is. I got a room there for $58 bucks and it's right at the coliseum.
    I disagree, I take a lot of road trips and utilize hotels in areas I'm not familiar with... the most important thing to check is the reviews in my opinion... research is your friend, trust me
    Fair enough. Maybe im just low maintenance, but ive never been appalled by a hotel, and ive stayed at my share of 1&1/2 star spots. Why would you care anyway? Youre gonna be so blasted trying to forget the shitty show you'll probably be happy sleeping on the gravel in the parking lot!
    bed bugs...
    pulling69 said:

GotBugs said:

Looking to split a room at red roof inn. PM if interested.

GotBedBugs?
    Haha. So that's a no?
  • Options
    VeddersgirlatlVeddersgirlatl Atlanta Posts: 44
    Anyone need to ride-share from Greenville to Hampton. I'm looking for a ride between shows. PM if you are interested.
  • Options
    TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 VA Posts: 1,289
    Im very concerned about the Raleigh, NC gig getting cancelled if PJ follow Bruce's lead. Anyone still have 2 tickets for Hampton they wish to sell?
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    EnjoyBeingEnjoyBeing Posts: 127
    edited April 2016
    In honor of Pearl Jam performing at a historic coliseum, I've made a limited number of t-shirts to commemorate the show. I'll be selling these at Greenville and, of course, Hampton. $20 each.
    Post edited by EnjoyBeing on
  • Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Ahhh..the " warm-up" for Hampton began last night..:)
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Watching The Rolling Stones live at the Hampton Coliseum 1981 right now as a warm-up
  • Options
    GB281198GB281198 Virginia Posts: 404
    my2hands said:

Watching The Rolling Stones live at the Hampton Coliseum 1981 right now as a warm-up

Want to get even more excited? Go to set list.fm and search Hampton coliseum, the Dead played 21 shows there some others include Zepplin, the Who, Pink Floyd, Elvis, Johnny Cash... the history is incredible!
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Eight Days

I could still use a nice pair of extra 10club tix for Fenway 1...
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    Little known fact... Van Halen played The Hampton Coliseum on the day I was born
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,761
    GB281198 said:

my2hands said:

Want to get even more excited? Go to set list.fm and search Hampton coliseum, the Dead played 21 shows there some others include Zepplin, the Who, Pink Floyd, Elvis, Johnny Cash... the history is incredible!
    I just spent a half hour looking at all the shows played there over the years. And holy shit what a lineup! Can't wait for this show.
  • Options
    I'll be there! Can't wait! :)
    "Music for me is one of the more healing art forms. I think anybody can put on a pair of headphones and put in a disk or play a record and have it change them." - Jeff

Viva la vinyl.

PJ - 10/4/96, 9/4/98, 8/4/00, 8/6/00, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 10/6/04, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 10/31/09, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/29/13, 10/30/13

Ed Solo - 7/8/11 (shook Eddie's hand!)
  • Options
    It was a last minute, spontaneous decision but I am officially going to the Hampton show as well now! I got my tickets early today. It will be 5 shows I hit this tour (if Raleigh isnt cancelled). Ill see you all in VA! So very excited!

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,718

It was a last minute, spontaneous decision but I am officially going to the Hampton show as well now! I got my tickets early today. It will be 5 shows I hit this tour (if Raleigh isnt cancelled). Ill see you all in VA! So very excited!

Nice... In the pit, Marcus?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

No, I opted to do Reserved this tour. My father is hitting Hampton with me, we haven't went to a PJ gig together since Bristow 2010. Then the other 4 shows will be with my girlfriend. Gville will be her very first PJ show. She's only 5 ft 1 in, GA wouldn't be the best option for her. So it will be great to have these experiences. Plus, I've only hit 2 shows in a tour before, and 5 will be huge for me. So Matt, are we looking at maybe having a BTN video for Hampton?

• Options

mrussel1 said:

No, I opted to do Reserved this tour. My father is hitting Hampton with me, we haven't went to a PJ gig together since Bristow 2010. Then the other 4 shows will be with my girlfriend. Gville will be her very first PJ show. She's only 5 ft 1 in, GA wouldn't be the best option for her. So it will be great to have these experiences. Plus, I've only hit 2 shows in a tour before, and 5 will be huge for me. So Matt, are we looking at maybe having a BTN video for Hampton?
    Maybe. I'm in the pit and I plan on that being my 'lose my mind' show so I can't commit. There is a guy named Dennis Justus on YT that hits all the VA concerts and records. We'll see what he comes up with. I can tell you we have 4 sets of substantial (90+%) footage from FLL and MIA so those two are a lock. NY and PHL shows are locked in as well.
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007

Welcome to the party, pal.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    I live in Denver now (moved from Richmond Va). Not making it to any shows. I hope you guys enjoy the Hampton show, it's going to be Epic!!!
    (Be careful parting in the lot though my friends)
    TCB⚡️
  • Options
    CosmoCramerCosmoCramer Posts: 571

I live in Denver now (moved from Richmond Va). Not making it to any shows. I hope you guys enjoy the Hampton show, it's going to be Epic!!!
    TCB⚡️

Will be staying in the Embassy Suites right next to the venue.
    Indy 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Champaign 2003
    Indy 2003
    St. Louis 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Indy 2010
    Hampton 2016
    Lexington 2016
    EV Bourbon and Beyond 2017
    Chicago N1 2018
    Chicago N2 2018
    Nashville 2022
    St Louis 2022
    Oklahoma City 2022
    Denver 2022
    Chicago N1 2023
    Chicago N2 2023
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,879
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Maybe. I'm in the pit and I plan on that being my 'lose my mind' show so I can't commit. There is a guy named Dennis Justus on YT that hits all the VA concerts and records. We'll see what he comes up with. I can tell you we have 4 sets of substantial (90+%) footage from FLL and MIA so those two are a lock. NY and PHL shows are locked in as well.
    Awesome news!! One week from I will be on the long road to Hampton. I cannot wait. This show is going to be bonkers.
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Awesome news!! One week from I will be on the long road to Hampton. I cannot wait. This show is going to be bonkers.
    As I was standing in two hour lines in the hot FL sun this weekend, people were talking about their next shows. Definitely a consensus that "Hampton is THE show" of the tour. I hope it lives up to the hype we are all group thinking ourselves into believing... please please.
  • Options
    Don't blame me when this show sucks :)
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209

TCB⚡️

why careful in the lot? do they allow a tailgate? cops are dicks? i hope so, its gonna be 73 and sunny.
  • Options

TCB⚡️

why careful in the lot? do they allow a tailgate? cops are dicks? i hope so, its gonna be 73 and sunny.
    Cops are dicks in parts of VA. Tidewater region is definitely one of those.
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    mrussel1 said:

TCB⚡️

good to know... i heard they allow a pretty good tailgate there, but that could be old news.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

TCB⚡️

good to know... i heard they allow a pretty good tailgate there, but that could be old news.
    Perhaps in Hampton. I know if you go to VA Beach Amp, that is definitely not the case. They enforce the tailgate laws. Tidewater is several big cities so they all have their own police departments. You just never know in VA. One thing that is legal, ironically, is open container in your car, so long as you're not driving. So I guess you could just slip into the backseat with your red solo if necessary!
  • Options
    DO NOT SPEED ON I-95 IN VIRGINIA

you have been warned
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    my2hands said:

DO NOT SPEED ON I-95 IN VIRGINIA

you have been warned

I will second this notion to the fullest extent!
    Don't ever go 20+ over any posted speed limit. And don't ever go over 80mph, period, regardless of the posted limit.
  • Options
    I must admit that my expectations for this show are probably unrealistic. I'm imagining everything from the poster to the vibe to the setlist to just be off the charts. Can't believe I'll be on my way one week from right now!!!