Options

Hampton Roll Call

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1 said:

I go back to the Cville show...These guys didnt have to venture north to Va with gigs booked in NC and SC in between..kinda tells me they want to return because of the vibe from 3 years ago.Its gonna be a sweet show..sold out early..oh yeah..its gonna be on..

I have 7 shows on the docket, and this is by far the one I'm most looking forward to seeing. Ed really enjoyed Charlottesville, there's no doubt. And it is a great city, great venue, great vibe. I hope we can replicate that. I also hope they play "I Am Mine" again, since it was written in VA Beach. Maybe that can be our VA song.
    I would almost guarantee we get I Am Mine in Hampton. I'm only making it to this and Raleigh, so I'm biased in saying that I really do think this will be the show of the tour given all the reasons mentioned earlier in this thread. After Charlottesville it will be nice to have consecutive kickass show in the state. I've been to 21 shows and as a fun project to count down to Hampton, on Monday (with 21 days to go) I started ranking the shows I've been to each day worst to first on my Facebook page and I'm realizing that Virginia has had some rather generic shows over the years. I mean aside from Charlottesville it's been pretty mediocre at best and I say that as a huge fan that think they can do little wrong.

This will be a memorable one for sure.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,766

mrussel1 said:

I go back to the Cville show...These guys didnt have to venture north to Va with gigs booked in NC and SC in between..kinda tells me they want to return because of the vibe from 3 years ago.Its gonna be a sweet show..sold out early..oh yeah..its gonna be on..

I have 7 shows on the docket, and this is by far the one I'm most looking forward to seeing. Ed really enjoyed Charlottesville, there's no doubt. And it is a great city, great venue, great vibe. I hope we can replicate that. I also hope they play "I Am Mine" again, since it was written in VA Beach. Maybe that can be our VA song.
    I would almost guarantee we get I Am Mine in Hampton. I'm only making it to this and Raleigh, so I'm biased in saying that I really do think this will be the show of the tour given all the reasons mentioned earlier in this thread. After Charlottesville it will be nice to have consecutive kickass show in the state. I've been to 21 shows and as a fun project to count down to Hampton, on Monday (with 21 days to go) I started ranking the shows I've been to each day worst to first on my Facebook page and I'm realizing that Virginia has had some rather generic shows over the years. I mean aside from Charlottesville it's been pretty mediocre at best and I say that as a huge fan that think they can do little wrong.

You are correct... VA/DC has just been so-so, other than C'ville. Although DC06 does have the Reaper poster, which is one of the best ever.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

You are correct... VA/DC has just been so-so, other than C'ville. Although DC06 does have the Reaper poster, which is one of the best ever.
    True. I wasn't thinking DC so much since the 2008 Verizon Center show is probably in my top 5. Really the 3 that stood out were Bristow in 2003 (another great poster though!) and 2010 and VA Beach in 2008. Honestly, I give the 2000 VA Beach show a pass because of the circumstances, but if you take "It's Ok" out of that show it was about as pedestrian as they get.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

True. I wasn't thinking DC so much since the 2008 Verizon Center show is probably in my top 5. Really the 3 that stood out were Bristow in 2003 (another great poster though!) and 2010 and VA Beach in 2008. Honestly, I give the 2000 VA Beach show a pass because of the circumstances, but if you take "It's Ok" out of that show it was about as pedestrian as they get.
    I missed 08 but made the rest... I'm in RVA so I'm frankly glad that Bristow hasn't been on the tour since 10. The venue is fine once inside, but it's the WORST place to get in/out, certainly compared to Hampton, C'ville and VA Beach.
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,024
    VA shows rule.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    The email tells you the time is soon... 3PM box.. I still think it's an 830 start. But I won't risk it.

Ten Club Box Office Opens: 3:00pm
    Door Time: 6:30pm
    PJ Set Time: 8:000pm
    Box Office Close: 8:45pm
    All times subject to change
  • Options
    I would love it if they started right at 8:00. With no show the day before or the day after, I say play till midnight!

Speaking of which, anyone know if there is a curfew? I can't remember if that has already been discussed or not...
  • Options
    CosmoCramerCosmoCramer Posts: 571
    No opening act.
    Indy 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Champaign 2003
    Indy 2003
    St. Louis 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Indy 2010
    Hampton 2016
    Lexington 2016
    EV Bourbon and Beyond 2017
    Chicago N1 2018
    Chicago N2 2018
    Nashville 2022
    St Louis 2022
    Oklahoma City 2022
    Denver 2022
    Chicago N1 2023
    Chicago N2 2023
  • Options
    What? Carbon Leaf isn't opening?? (is that too inside VA?)
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 903
    8:45 stage time right?? I assume anyway. Maybe Ed will do a surprise solo set before?? When's the last time that happened.
  • Options
    LiftedLifted Posts: 1,723
    edited March 2016
    Been to 3 va/dc shows. One was possibly the worst pj show ive been to (bristow 2010). The other two were top 5...(dc 08 and cville 13). Jiffy lube is a horrible venue. Cant wait for the coliseum. 18 more days.

To be fair...the bristow setlist was really good. I think my ranking of the show was a result of the horrible venue and my obnoxious section that heckled eddie and walked out of the show after his wall street rant. Really killed the vibe for me.
    Post edited by Lifted on
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    DC 08 was a GREAT show...

this one coming up, not so much...
  • Options
    edited March 2016

8:45 stage time right?? I assume anyway. Maybe Ed will do a surprise solo set before?? When's the last time that happened.

I would say 8:15 but we will know more once the tour starts
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,421
    mrussel1 said:

Nothing Rhymes With Woman is one of my favorite album titles of all time.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

Nothing Rhymes With Woman is one of my favorite album titles of all time.
    Nice! They just did a homecoming show at the Nat not too long ago. They are still around...
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    Lifted said:

Been to 3 va/dc shows. One was possibly the worst pj show ive been to (bristow 2010). The other two were top 5...(dc 08 and cville 13). Jiffy lube is a horrible venue. Cant wait for the coliseum. 18 more days.

To be fair...the bristow setlist was really good. I think my ranking of the show was a result of the horrible venue and my obnoxious section that heckled eddie and walked out of the show after his wall street rant. Really killed the vibe for me.

Lifted,
    You work for Goldman Sachs??? j/k
    that show def had a very strange vibe.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,660
    At that show after the crowd went nuts for All Those Yesterdays Eddie kept promising to play some more "weird shit" but he never did... I will never forgive him for that...
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    pjpjpaul said:

At that show after the crowd went nuts for All Those Yesterdays Eddie kept promising to play some more "weird shit" but he never did... I will never forgive him for that...

Ed seemed to be in a weird "state" shall we call it.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    GB281198GB281198 Virginia Posts: 411
    I don't care what they play I'm going to have a helluva good time!!
  • Options
    pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,660
    edited March 2016
    ISO a single GA/Face value ticket to this one. PM me if you can help out. Thanks!
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    pjpjpaul said:

Yeah just one reason why that show was so forgettable. All Those Yesterdays is its only saving grace for me as it's the only time I've gotten it.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Bristow 2010 will be epic compared to this show
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    lolobugg said:

Lifted said:

Lifted,
    Ha no....i had no problem with what Ed said...my vibe was killed by the people around me yelling at him and then walking out. It was bizarre and uncomfortable. Thats fine if you dont appreciate some of ed's rants, but to act surprised to the point you feel compelled to make a scene about it is a bit absurd considering he's been known to speak his mind for as long as pearl jam has been around.
  • Options
    Lifted said:

lolobugg said:

Lifted said:

Lifted,
    Ha no....i had no problem with what Ed said...my vibe was killed by the people around me yelling at him and then walking out. It was bizarre and uncomfortable. Thats fine if you dont appreciate some of ed's rants, but to act surprised to the point you feel compelled to make a scene about it is a bit absurd considering he's been known to speak his mind for as long as pearl jam has been around.
    Fuck em
  • Options
    Looks like 10c ticket pickup is at the Hampton Roads Convention Center which looks like it's right across the street
  • Options
    my2hands said:

Looks like 10c ticket pickup is at the Hampton Roads Convention Center which looks like it's right across the street

Good to know. I didnt read the email very thoroughly...you gonna be at the show with your salty attitude? Lol
  • Options
    Lifted said:

my2hands said:

Good to know. I didnt read the email very thoroughly...you gonna be at the show with your salty attitude? Lol
    Why in the world would he waste his time going to a shitty show. He'll be listening to the Bristow '10 show over and over at home!
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Lifted said:

my2hands said:

Why in the world would he waste his time going to a shitty show. He'll be listening to the Bristow '10 show over and over at home!
    This thread made me revisit that boot last night. It had a pretty strong start. Coincidentally it started to fall apart after black which was when Ed ranted about goldman sachs lobbyists killing themselves. Just breathe was an absolute mess, and i dont really like the song anyway...but it was especially bad here. The second half of the show was just oddly paced, sloppy, and eddie couldnt remember half the lyrics to the songs. Maybe he was drunk.
  • Options
    Lifted said:

mrussel1 said:

Lifted said:

my2hands said:

This thread made me revisit that boot last night. It had a pretty strong start. Coincidentally it started to fall apart after black which was when Ed ranted about goldman sachs lobbyists killing themselves. Just breathe was an absolute mess, and i dont really like the song anyway...but it was especially bad here. The second half of the show was just oddly paced, sloppy, and eddie couldnt remember half the lyrics to the songs. Maybe he was drunk.
    Yeah, I remember they played a lot of rockers to start the show.
    I had 4th row seats
    Ed looked to be pretty fucked up or preoccupied by something.
    He was drinking a lot of gatoraid from his plastic bottle.
    def the weirdest PJ show I have ever attended.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Lifted said:

my2hands said:

I will be there... the show will suck so bad I'll probably end up leaving early