Hampton Roll Call

Comments

• wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    mrussel1 said:

I can tell you from experience, it will be here and then gone before you know it.
    Just enjoy it.
    AND for the love of God, put that effing phone down, I cant see shit.

The anticipation is a rush, for sure...and agree with making Hampton the hardest video footage of the tour to find!!
    Sorry bro. That won't be the case. You don't have to watch though.
    I still watch the Cville video fairly often and you had great footage in there...but you were not in GA where cams get a little annoying.I guess the old days of only seeing a show by being there are long gone...that Cville vid is gold though..
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,346

mrussel1 said:

I can tell you from experience, it will be here and then gone before you know it.
    Just enjoy it.

The anticipation is a rush, for sure...and agree with making Hampton the hardest video footage of the tour to find!!
    I still watch the Cville video fairly often and you had great footage in there...but you were not in GA where cams get a little annoying.I guess the old days of only seeing a show by being there are long gone...that Cville vid is gold though..
    I was in GA. I was behind Video Gremmie (Mike D.), third row, sort of between Ed and Stone. VideoGremmie shot most of the show, not me. C'ville was my first attempt at a show and it was poorly done, in retrospect, compared to our most recent releases. We do our best to not be annoying and if people ask us to put down a camera, we will, or move. I'm tall so the camera isn't over my head. My melon is a bigger problem for people.
  • mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Just enjoy it.

I was in GA. I was behind Video Gremmie (Mike D.), third row, sort of between Ed and Stone. VideoGremmie shot most of the show, not me. C'ville was my first attempt at a show and it was poorly done, in retrospect, compared to our most recent releases. We do our best to not be annoying and if people ask us to put down a camera, we will, or move. I'm tall so the camera isn't over my head. My melon is a bigger problem for people.
    please put down the camera... thank you

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Just enjoy it.

please put down the camera... thank you
    A little early... it's what everyone says on the boards then we release a show and I get a hundred request for blu rays, even from people who criticize it.
    edited March 2016
    My fault..Dennis Justice had some great stuff from the reserved seats...VG had some great up close stuff also ... I don't mind the cams usually but its just getting that EVERYBODY has a cell phone now..
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

My fault..Dennis Justice had some great stuff from the reserved seats...VG had some great up close stuff also ... I don't mind the cams usually but its just getting that EVERYBODY has a cell phone now..

Yes, it was DJ. He films every show in the VA area, shows at the National, NORVA, 930, doesn't matter. That dude is a maniac. But you're right, the camera phones are distracting because there are so many, and they are bright. With real cameras, you turn off the viewfinder.
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    instead of PJ official bootlegs, maybe PJ official blu-rays soon?
    that way everybody can "lay down their arms."
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• ikiTikiT Posts: 11,052
    edited March 2016
    This is sort of what my camera looks like (I have an electronic viewfinder that slides into the top, so not so much in the glowing screen dept to bother you if you're behind me)
    and this is your effing phone

Post edited by ikiT on
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    ^precisely. Big difference between a Lumix and an Iphone.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    mrussel1 said:

^precisely. Big difference between a Lumix and an Iphone.

Exactly.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I hate those glowing fucking screens... the people that know what they are doing at the shows, taking pics and video, they don't bother me at all... its the other 5,000 jackass's that don't know what they are doing pulling their phone out to film half of the 1,000th performance of Black that piss me off...
    word
    For Lauderdale, I have row 1 so I'll just have the camera sitting on a monopod. Hit record and forget about it. No one will ever know....
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• CosmoCramerCosmoCramer Posts: 571
    Hotel prices are falling, Just booked Embassy Suites for a lot less than 2 months ago.
    Indy 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Champaign 2003
    Indy 2003
    St. Louis 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Indy 2010
    Hampton 2016
    Lexington 2016
    EV Bourbon and Beyond 2017
    Chicago N1 2018
    Chicago N2 2018
    Nashville 2022
    St Louis 2022
    Oklahoma City 2022
    Denver 2022
    Chicago N1 2023
    Chicago N2 2023
  • tylermooretylermoore Posts: 921
    Being right on the ocean good chance we hear songs like Oceans, Amongst the Waves, and Big Wave? Sounds good to me.
  • derbydavederbydave Posts: 11,254

Being right on the ocean good chance we hear songs like Oceans, Amongst the Waves, and Big Wave? Sounds good to me.

I'm good with Oceans & Amongst The Waves!!!
    #NoBigWave :rofl:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

derbydave said:

I'm good with Oceans & Amongst The Waves!!!
    #NoBigWave :rofl:
    They played it in Charlottesville last tour. I'm good.
  • I'm all for Oceans as it's the only one off Ten I've never gotten after 21 shows. Of course I get overly optimistic every time they've played VA Beach only to be let down, so I'm trying to tell myself there's no way they'll play it in hopes that they will. Given the trend of them playing it since, oh, I don't know, 1995 or so I figure that if they play it during any of the Florida shows then we're screwed out of it again. If it hasn't been played by Hampton I give us about a 25% chance.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Oceans would be nice...
    I am stoked that it sold out early..its a bit off the path compared to the schedule they are playing and they could have opted to skip Va entirely.
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• gfnk001gfnk001 Posts: 652
    So who's getting in line early and where will it form? I'm driving down from about 4 hrs away to get in line at about 7 am. Never been there and am just wondering.
    gfnk001 said:

So who's getting in line early and where will it form? I'm driving down from about 4 hrs away to get in line at about 7 am. Never been there and am just wondering.

I'm coming from richmond. I'll get there about one and probably bring a camping grill and lawn chairs. Staying at the Marriott so then hike that stuff back at about 430, for the stretch run
  • bbrinkebbrinke Posts: 98
    I only hope Ray can make it
    Nope...Im getting into town around 2, snagging tix, bands, and some merch..hotel til 7ish for some beverages and a toasty buzz...hopefully ease on in around 745....too damn old to worry about being on the rail..
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• GB281198GB281198 Posts: 443

Nope...Im getting into town around 2, snagging tix, bands, and some merch..hotel til 7ish for some beverages and a toasty buzz...hopefully ease on in around 745....too damn old to worry about being on the rail..

I like this plan, but I cant help but seeing myself in the GA line a little bit earlier...
  • n8dawg79n8dawg79 Posts: 129
    I really want to hear Oceans and Garden. They are the only two songs from Ten I have not seen live.
    Salt Lake City, Utah - Sept 28, 2009
    East Troy, Wisconsin - Sept 3. 2011
    East Troy, Wisconsin - Sept 4, 2011
    Charlottesville, Virginia - Oct 29, 2013
    Hampton, Virginia - Apr 18, 2016
  • GB281198GB281198 Posts: 443
    28!
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    edited March 2016
    I just won tickets from Global Citizen. I want to thank GC and the band for making this possible. Today was amazing. Can't wait to see u all there. This will be THE show of the year!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore