Options

Hampton Roll Call

Comments

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,548
    Does anyone know how the area is around The Coliseum? I may stay a extra night, instead of staying in Raleigh for 2 nights(I'll save some money by doing so).
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    cutz said:

Does anyone know how the area is around The Coliseum? I may stay a extra night, instead of staying in Raleigh for 2 nights(I'll save some money by doing so).

Do you mean like things to do in the area, within walking distance?
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,548
    mrussel1 said:

cutz said:

No, i guess i should've explained better. I mean is the area a safe area to stay(as i'm staying within walking distance to the Coliseum)
  • Options
    CosmoCramerCosmoCramer Posts: 571

Bump..What happened to the countdown? 36 days

I stopped because i wasnt counting hours mins and seconds, apparently i was off. I just thought when we wake up the morning of the show we would all be excited. But i should have calculated the hours mins and secs that PJ was going to actually step foot on stage.
    Indy 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Champaign 2003
    Indy 2003
    St. Louis 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Indy 2010
    Hampton 2016
    Lexington 2016
    EV Bourbon and Beyond 2017
    Chicago N1 2018
    Chicago N2 2018
    Nashville 2022
    St Louis 2022
    Oklahoma City 2022
    Denver 2022
    Chicago N1 2023
    Chicago N2 2023
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
    edited March 2016
    CosmoCramer, I just saw the shows you've seen and I have to say, Indy 2000 and Champaign 2003 are two of the best shows I've witnessed with my eyes and ears! I have a feeling Hampton will also be on that list come April 19th!
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options

CosmoCramer, I just saw the shows you've seen and I have to say, Indy 2000 and Champaign 2003 are two of the best shows I've witnessed with my eyes and ears! I have a feeling Hampton will also be on that list come April 19th!

Yes, they were great shows and I have the same feeling about Hampton as well.
    Indy 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Champaign 2003
    Indy 2003
    St. Louis 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Indy 2010
    Hampton 2016
    Lexington 2016
    Chicago N1 2018
    Chicago N2 2018
    Nashville 2022
    St Louis 2022
    Oklahoma City 2022
    Denver 2022
    Chicago N1 2023
    Chicago N2 2023
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,425

I stopped because i wasnt counting hours mins and seconds, apparently i was off. I just thought when we wake up the morning of the show we would all be excited. But i should have calculated the hours mins and secs that PJ was going to actually step foot on stage.
    Please stop. No one ever said anything about hours, minutes, & seconds. You were off by a day, no need to make a huge deal over it.
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,027
    Word. We're all excited, no biggie.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    edited March 2016

Please stop. No one ever said anything about hours, minutes, & seconds. You were off by a day, no need to make a huge deal over it.
    Wow, i just stated a fact, no biggie, I never called you out or anything. Don't get this thread locked by getting mad. They asked me a question and i answered them, sorry.
    Post edited by CosmoCramer on
    Indy 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Champaign 2003
    Indy 2003
    St. Louis 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Indy 2010
    Hampton 2016
    Lexington 2016
    Chicago N1 2018
    Chicago N2 2018
    Nashville 2022
    St Louis 2022
    Oklahoma City 2022
    Denver 2022
    Chicago N1 2023
    Chicago N2 2023
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    I say fire that bad boy back up.
    How many days is it?
  • Options
    35!!!
  • Options

I say fire that bad boy back up.
    How many days is it?

Anything more than 1 is too many!!
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    I can tell you from experience, it will be here and then gone before you know it.
    Just enjoy it.
    AND for the love of God, put that effing phone down, I cant see shit.
  • Options

I can tell you from experience, it will be here and then gone before you know it.
    Just enjoy it.

All too true! Especially that last part! Aside from the fact that I want to watch the band and not see a bunch of glowing screens in my peripheral, I'm only 5'7" so your damn arms are blocking my view. Live in the NOW; enjoy the MOMENT!
  • Options

Just enjoy it.

All too true! Especially that last part! Aside from the fact that I want to watch the band and not see a bunch of glowing screens in my peripheral, I'm only 5'7" so your damn arms are blocking my view. Live in the NOW; enjoy the MOMENT!
    Although, to be fair, you have recently benefited from said glowing screen!
  • Options
    cutz said:

mrussel1 said:

cutz said:

No, i guess i should've explained better. I mean is the area a safe area to stay(as i'm staying within walking distance to the Coliseum)
    Definitely safe to walk there. There will be hundreds of people walking to the hotels located right there. It's not like some slick, upscale area like Channelside in Tampa. But it's also not like going to the Susquehanna Center in Philly either.
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
    mrussel1 said:

cutz said:

mrussel1 said:

cutz said:

Definitely safe to walk there. There will be hundreds of people walking to the hotels located right there. It's not like some slick, upscale area like Channelside in Tampa. But it's also not like going to the Susquehanna Center in Philly either.
    That place is scary! I went to PJ night 2 back in 2008 and asked where the nearest liquor store was... not the best idea. But hey, we needed beer.
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

cutz said:

mrussel1 said:

cutz said:

That place is scary! I went to PJ night 2 back in 2008 and asked where the nearest liquor store was... not the best idea. But hey, we needed beer.
    It's one of the worst neighborhoods in the country...terrible.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Just enjoy it.

Touche, touche! :wink:
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

Just enjoy it.

Touche, touche! :wink:
    Although I'll be in the pit recording, we keep the viewfinder off. That's actually different than holding a cell phone up.
  • Options
    I'll be still camera-ing in GA myself too, but not with a 5 inch screen phone held over my head.
  • Options
    GB281198GB281198 Virginia Posts: 413
    34!!
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 903
    If someone has a single ticket available....I will take it.
  • Options
    bbrinkebbrinke Posts: 98
    cutz said:

There is plenty to do there. The area is safe, although I would probably move down to Va Beach or Norfolk as there is much more to do down there. TopGolf is fun at the beach. There are tons of great restaurants and bars in the area too.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

mrussel1 said:

cutz said:

mrussel1 said:

cutz said:

Ahhhhh, the wonderful city of Camden, New Jersey
  • Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    edited March 2016

Just enjoy it.

The anticipation is a rush, for sure...and agree with making Hampton the hardest video footage of the tour to find!!
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options

Just enjoy it.

The anticipation is a rush, for sure...and agree with making Hampton the hardest video footage of the tour to find!!
    Sorry bro. That won't be the case. You don't have to watch though.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Imma get some photos...
  • Options
    Columbia too