Options

Anyone want to shape up in 2018? A continuing journey.......

Comments

• Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,115
    Thanks guys! There is a sense of accomplishment in doing something I didn't think I could do, but the struggle is real today lol.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Round is still a shape, right? I'm all set!
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    i want to lose weight but my medication doesnt allow me to
    think i will just stick to reading...
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,258
    35 minutes on the stationary bike then a mile on the treadmill in segments. For the past week or so I've used the stationary bike, but my iShuffle is breaking down so I decided to run.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Anyone drink that Celsius beverage? I've noticed that one works for my weight loss the best compared to others. I usually go to Sprouts Farmers Market to buy some.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Ms. Haiku said:

A very good shake for a pick-me-up is

1 banana
    3 dates
    3/4 cup soy milk

Put it all in a food processor or blender and enjoy!

It is sweet with all sorts of things that are good for you.

I would add a dollop of nut buter to that shake if it was me!
    I added about a tablespoon and a half of almond butter to it. I added another quarter cup of soy milk. It was awesome! Better than a snickers bar.

What is the concern with soy milk?
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Soy can lead to mineral deficiencies, specifically iron and zinc. This tends to be more common for vegetarians who use soy products to get their protein. It can also be an endocrine disruptor and interfere with thyroid function. I think there are some studies being done looking for a possible link between soy and breast cancer.

I think your diet would have to be very highly based in soy for any of these. I think a moderate amount of soy in your diet won't be harmful.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

Round is still a shape, right? I'm all set!

=)

Really though, I've been following this thread here and there...you people fucking rock.
  • Options
    Routine cardiology visit. My cardiologist said that I could run a marathon as long as I train well for it. I don't want to run a marathon, but it was great to hear! I feel like I'm flying I'm so happy!

No excuses for me :)
  • Options
    Glad your cardiology appointment went well Ms. H. Time to hop back on that treadmill!

I need to do that myself. Rolled my ankle mowing grass a couple of weeks ago and just now getting back to where it doesn't hurt to run on it. Gotta kick it into high gear if I want to actually run that 5K next month. Since I haven't been running, I've just been lifting more.
  • Options
    Three miles in segments on a treadmill. I tried an iShuffle for mile three, but I stopped using it within a minute. I wasn't able to focus enough on my stride. Never thought that would happen. I used to use an iShuffle while running all the time.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    Day 22 today. Down 10 lbs to 200 even. 20 more to go. Belly fat disappearing, energy up, weights & strength up, woke up my sex drive, all around awesome! 7 more weeks before I switch from 7 days a week to 3-4.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

Day 22 today. Down 10 lbs to 200 even. 20 more to go. Belly fat disappearing, energy up, weights & strength up, woke up my sex drive, all around awesome! 7 more weeks before I switch from 7 days a week to 3-4.

Good job, 2-feign-reluctance!
  • Options

Great job! Keep it up man!

That increased libido is a double-edged sword though. It's great until the wife says "not tonight hun." :lol:
  • Options
    Suggestions for giving up sugar. I don't think moderation is key as I'm not able to eat sugar in moderate amounts.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I was at 199 lbs two years ago.
    Dropped down to 185lbs, and now looking to shed at least 10 more before all is said and done.
    Feels good. Looking to get back into "soccer shape"
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

Suggestions for giving up sugar. I don't think moderation is key as I'm not able to eat sugar in moderate amounts.

Cutting sugar out completely is pretty hard to do, especially if you don't cook all your meals at home. I would like to cut it out completely, but right now it's a matter of watching everything carefully to make sure it's not too much.
  • Options
    Let me see if I can reduce it.

Ran three miles in segments on the treadmill.
  • Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    Ate like a pig this past week, gained some weight. Have been going to the gym pretty consistent though, which is increasing appetite. Need to blame something, lol. Most of it will come off when I'm in the Colorado mountains for two weeks. Do need to work on my cardio more. Seeing progress at last. Have a few muscles now that I haven't seen in a long, long time. Another few days before some mountain time. No gym but plenty of things to do in the wonderful outdoors that will burn a few calories. Looking for to it!
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    So great to be back on the boards! Missed being here but life gets in the way sometimes. I have been holding steady after a little weight gain. Have a new goal for Fenway. I'm with Mrs H and cutting back on sugar. Thats my downfall for sure. I cut it way back Number 1 I feel great, Number 2 I drop noticeable weight. Sugar is my enemy.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Celebrating week 6 of 12 with a glass of Jefferson's tonight! Breaking the no alcohol rule! Whooo!!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    WHOOOOO!! I think I'm already drunk!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    10:30 appointment with my endocrinologist this morning - I think the results are going to be improved!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

10:30 appointment with my endocrinologist this morning - I think the results are going to be improved!

Good luck, 2-feign-reluntance!
  • Options
    Nja987Nja987 New York, New York Posts: 20
    Very late to this game, I'm more active in this FB groups than I am here!
    First off - congrats on all the amazing progress you all seem to be making!! This is a lifestyle change, and a rewarding one at that.

My journey started in May. A few years ago, I was really diligent and managed to drop 95lbs by changing my eating habits and starting to run. Last year, my career which is mainly sedentary, took off and the stress of everything and true lack of spare time caused me to gain 33 of it back. In May was my first show, MSG 1. My Analog shirt had just come in and I was super stoked to wear my first ever PJ shirt to my first ever show. I actually cried when the shirt I had ordered one size up fit so tight that I could not wear it in public. My goal has been to wear it to the Wrigley shows!

On June 16th I changed my eating habits and have been doing pretty well since. I am not weighing myself since I have personally had some scary issues with it in the past, I am just relying on how the shirt fits to gauge where I am. Today is one month since I have last tired it on. The shirt has always fit, it's just been wayyyyyyyyy too tight. I'm hoping that it is a little more "acceptable" looking today.

Good luck to all :)
    A little late to the game -
    2016 - 05/01, 08/05, 08/07, 08/20, 08/22
  • Options
    Welcome! And good luck to you too, Nja987!
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    I need motivation for exercise and I have only three associates for that and we don't see each other much unless it's to lend a hand so I barely exercise at all although I give my word I would I have other better things to focus on in life than to exercise all the time..like going shopping for or with mum and helping around the house
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Good luck Nja987!

Ran three miles in segments on the treadmill.
    Post edited by Ms. Haiku on
  • Options
    My 5K is tomorrow. Not going to make my goal, but that's OK. It's going to be very hot tomorrow though, so I'm going to be cautious about that. Don't want to wind up with heat stroke or anything like that.
  • Options
    Three miles in segments on the treadmill. I decided if I continue to stop all the time I may as well focus on mileage instead of not stopping. I may increase my mileage per run this month.