Options

Anyone want to shape up in 2018? A continuing journey.......

Comments

• Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    Lol. I hate that feeling.

Great workout to start the weekend off right. Lift strong you guys (or run far for those cardio people)!
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818

Great workout to start the weekend off right. Lift strong you guys (or run far for those cardio people)!

trying taking that preworkout while taking 2 separate pro-hormones :scream: haha but that's a whole other conversation

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,148
    pjalive21 said:

trying taking that preworkout while taking 2 separate pro-hormones :scream: haha but that's a whole other conversation

Dang! Yeah, I can't get too jittery. My anxiety would flare up for sure.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    I ran three miles in segments, and it felt like my running was smoother. Usually, I feel like the tin man, the scare crow, and the lion mixed together when I run.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

I ran three miles in segments, and it felt like my running was smoother. Usually, I feel like the tin man, the scare crow, and the lion mixed together when I run.

:smiley:
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I guess I have to workout in the morning. Don't like people watching me and someone has been coming home early virtually every day.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Measurement day yesterday. Still making progress. Weight was actually up a few pounds, but body fat % was lower (under 30% for the first time since I was in middle school -- guessing about that, but it's definitely been a while). Trainer was happy with that, as he's not concerned with the weight as long as I'm building muscle. Then we did a grueling ab/core workout and f*** me today lol.
  • Options

Measurement day yesterday. Still making progress. Weight was actually up a few pounds, but body fat % was lower (under 30% for the first time since I was in middle school -- guessing about that, but it's definitely been a while). Trainer was happy with that, as he's not concerned with the weight as long as I'm building muscle. Then we did a grueling ab/core workout and f*** me today lol.

Nice work! I've got legs and abs today as well. Not my favorite.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I was bad yesterday...did nothing. Oh well.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options

Nice work! I've got legs and abs today as well. Not my favorite.
    Thanks!

Good luck tomorrow! Always hate the day after leg day.
  • Options
    Ran three miles in segments on the treadmill. I'm very slowly increasing the segment size so I decided to focus on speed instead. I increased the speed a little and it felt good. Moral of the story is to dance and eat chocolate cake BEFORE the workout. :)
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Cheat day today. Red Robin! Yuuuuuuum!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Just finished my first 12 week program. About to start it all over again! Feeling like a million bucks all! Whoo!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Anybody work out at home? Do you dislike people watching you workout?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options

Just finished my first 12 week program. About to start it all over again! Feeling like a million bucks all! Whoo!!

Congratulations, 2-feign-reluctance!
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

I work out at our collegiate gym - bunch of 18 year old kids/athletes built like brick houses. I have these amazing noise cancelling earbuds and just turn up the Pearl Jam. Helps keep me focused. I got over the self-conscious thing. I'm 38, they're all 18-22 year olds. I work how I work and don't try to 'keep up' with them like I see they do with each other.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

Congratulations, 2-feign-reluctance!
    Thanks, Ms. Haiku! : )
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

I don't care about people watching me workout. If they are watching, they're just 'mirin and I'll give a flex. Lol jk.

I do have some equipment at home, so I will workout at home when I can't make it to the gym. I just prefer the gym because there's more that I can do.
  • Options
    Man, you guys. I really noticed my improved strength during one particular exercise @ today's workout. For the past 3 weeks on biceps days I have done 90 lbs 30x on the underhand cable pulldown. Today 130 lbs 30x. Kind of freaked me out. My overall stamina is improving week to week and that is noticed in pretty much everything I do. I can finally say that this routine is now routine !! I am ready to start the next 12 week program over again & really hammer down on the eating bit of it. Alcohol intake during the past 3 months has practically been eliminated. This was a key factor in the program. Now when I drive home after work I don't 'feel like' I need a beer to unwind (let me clarify, no problems/abuse/addiction with alcohol and/or drugs). It sounds funny but a good workout has been some kind of universally amazing thing for me top to bottom, inside & out.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    That's awesome 2-feign-reluctance! Keep it up! I know what you mean about needing to work out. If I miss a couple of days, I really start to feel bad and irritable.
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,787
    Wow! Haven't been on AET much during the tour bc I was just so focused on maintaining my busy life (kids and husband and work) while seeing my shows and following the tour I just didn't have time. Just caught up on much of this thread and you are all so inspiring! Great work! If there's any other passion I have that approaches PJ it's fitness and nutrition. I exercise daily... Mostly on an indoor bike in my home (see link below). Ive also increased my yoga practice attending studio hot yoga (95 degrees) 3x per week. Stretching and foam rolling is so important for me too to get all the yuck out of the muscle. I'd like to lift weights more than I do but honestly yoga is so strengthening that I need the rest days between to recover now that I'm over 40. I do try to lift with my hubby at least 1x per week. That's his thing so he motivates me to join him though my weights are on the other end of the rack. :smile: We have all of our excercise equipment at home. (Bike, free weights and weight machine). The only thing I do outside my home is yoga and run. We belong to a gym though and are planning to start using the weight machines there this fall to change it up bc we are getting bored with our weight routine at home. Here's the link to my bike. It literally changed my life. I've had it for 2 1/2 years and I'll ride my 800th ride this week! I get nothing for recommending it but it's one of those things that is so amazing that you just want to share it with everybody you see! They do themed rides too and there are a few PJ heavy rides there bc I'm noisy and request PJ all the time :wink:

https://www.pelotoncycle.com
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    Today I've been out jogging and taken a long bike trip partly in the woods for the fun of it...feels great :)
  • Options
    Ran three miles in segments on the treadmill. Decreased my overall speed by a few seconds, yay!
  • Options
    Ran three miles in segments on the treadmill. My shins don't hurt when I'm not running, but my left shin hurts when I am running. Is it that my shoes are old, or that I run with heavy steps? Any ideas?
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

Ran three miles in segments on the treadmill. My shins don't hurt when I'm not running, but my left shin hurts when I am running. Is it that my shoes are old, or that I run with heavy steps? Any ideas?

Sounds like shin splints. For me personally, that's a sign that it's time to get new shoes.
  • Options
    So, plain Quaker Oatmeal takes like nothing. It's good pre-workout food, but DAMN!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Hitting the middle of week 15 and posting new gains each week on weights. Body really starting to change to the point that others are noticing (kind of neat).
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    I'm having problems getting running motivation. I like to walk around instead. Yesterday I walked 5 miles, and then 4 hours later I'm in afib. I've been in afib after running at times so it's not a walking thing, but exercise is supposed to decrease afib. It's not working, or I'm not committed. Actually, working out is scary because of my heart. It's always been that way, but if I blast Pearl Jam's live Even Flow the fear takes a back seat. I guess I need a new iShuffle :)

I only drink decaf coffee because of afib in July. Yesterday I had two cups of decaf instead of my usual one cup and maybe my heart decided to revolt. I feel lost as to how to stay afib-less, but I'll walk around on Saturday to return to some form of exercise.

I'm a little discouraged, but I'm watching Silver Linings Playbook to get good vibes. There's a lot of goodness/inspiration in that movie.
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    edited October 2016

So, plain Quaker Oatmeal takes like nothing. It's good pre-workout food, but DAMN!

I use coconut water or milk and cinnamon. Makes a big difference.
    Post edited by what dreams on
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,418

Not sure what kind of protein powder you use, but I use Syntha 6 and I dump half a scoop of that on my instant oatmeal to give it some taste and a bit of protein boost. Breakfast/Pre-workout. I know chocolate is a boring flavor but it's da bomb with oatmeal!