Options

Anyone want to shape up in 2018? A continuing journey.......

Comments

• Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Thanks Ms. H you should see my planner it's got notes written in it, doodles, weight, ideas..then I have stickies for everyday for the next 30 days...lol...you would think I was building an empire...lol.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I went to the doctor for my shoulder, started getting the pins and needles feeling going down my arm. Got a steroid shot, heavy duty aleve, and need PT. So no working out until my shoulder is better.
    I'm cutting back my portions, watching my calories.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    RK,sorry to hear about the shoulder.You know I'm sympathetic.Def do your PT and keep icing every day and have Mr RK rub your shoulder,tricep and the muscles along the rear scapula to keep the blood flowing and stimulate healing.If you can do nothing else just walk.

Gambs sounds picturesque.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Thanks rr, can't get into PT until March 17. Hopefully that will take care of everything. Don't want to go in for an MRI.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

Thanks rr, can't get into PT until March 17. Hopefully that will take care of everything. Don't want to go in for an MRI.

The Mr RK stuff can happen right away:)
  • Options
    Made it through my first day without too much damage! Stripping away dairy is the hardest part for me. I love cheese! I already had a headache last night; a sure sign I was still eating way too much crap. Got my menu planned for the day and super stoked to move forward.
    Using my body as an experiment to see which foods cause me belly trouble, which help with my moods and what my limits are for weight gain. It' about a 2 month journey so Philly will be my reward!
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,114
    First weigh in with the new trainer. Down 6 pounds in one month! Still a ways to go, but this is a good sign regarding hitting that plateau I mentioned a few pages back.
  • Options

First weigh in with the new trainer. Down 6 pounds in one month! Still a ways to go, but this is a good sign regarding hitting that plateau I mentioned a few pages back.

:clap:

Another whole 30 day under my belt!
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 said:

Another whole 30 day under my belt!

I had to look up your diet since I had never heard of it. Sounds tough, so stay strong and good job for another day down!
  • Options
    What I really like about the Whole 30 is that it's real food. Not shakes or calorie deprivation. The hard part is making sure everything in compliant. I keep it pretty simple. Lots of veggies, protein and healthy fats. Knowing that I am feeding my body good things always helps! I am eating fruit also and I am still having one small snack. When i did this the first time I found Almond Butter and never looked at peanut butter again!

I woke up hungry as hell today tho,...I mean starving!!! Looks like a big breakfast for me. Gym after work :-)
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Sprunkn7 said:

What I really like about the Whole 30 is that it's real food. Not shakes or calorie deprivation. The hard part is making sure everything in compliant. I keep it pretty simple. Lots of veggies, protein and healthy fats. Knowing that I am feeding my body good things always helps! I am eating fruit also and I am still having one small snack. When i did this the first time I found Almond Butter and never looked at peanut butter again!

I woke up hungry as hell today tho,...I mean starving!!! Looks like a big breakfast for me. Gym after work :-)

It's just not nearly as good as peanut butter, and it's only marginally more healthy. There is also the issue of how it is grown, almonds grow on trees, almost exclusively in drought stricken California, and peanuts grow on a small bush in the south mostly, where water is not so much of an issue. Peanuts are also nitrogen fixing, if grown properly, so they require less fertilizer and when grown in rotation reduce the use of fertilizer on other crops.

It just doesn't taste as good as peanut butter is my main issue. There is no replacement for good old PB.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    I am an avid fan of the peanut and my wife is allergic to tree nuts so I always champion that glorious bean we all love to consider a nut lol
    Don't take it personally, enjoy your almond butter, I think Justin's is the best.

I feel like I have been doing well this week. I clocked in under 1400 calories every day so far and I have made my runs despite the bad weather and lack of sleep. I have had 1st least 20 minutes of babydancing each day and had a nice 20 minute cycle last night of resistance band curls, squats, mountain climbers and pushups.

It is amazing how, with the right choices, you can feel full all day on 1000 calories, and with the wrong choices you can feel the same amount of full on 4000 calories.
  • Options
    oh no slight taken at all. we each have our preference. I just like the almond butter better! A peanut is a legume no?
  • Options
    Almond butter? Peanut butter? Cashew butter? Yes please! Love all of those.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 said:

oh no slight taken at all. we each have our preference. I just like the almond butter better! A peanut is a legume no?

Yep, it's a bean. A delicious bean, just like all other beans. Mmmm I love beans.
  • Options
    Me no likie beans. I'll eat string beans (prefer raw) or pea pods...that's about it!
  • Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    rgambs said:

It is amazing how, with the right choices, you can feel full all day on 1000 calories, and with the wrong choices you can feel the same amount of full on 4000 calories.

That's so true. Keep up the excellent work. You are powering with your exercising and eating habits. How's my fitness Pal working for you?
  • Options

rgambs said:

That's so true. Keep up the excellent work. You are powering with your exercising and eating habits. How's my fitness Pal working for you?
    Not bad, it won't publish reports because I am only logging around 11000 calories though I am consuming about 1350 on average.
    It is much easier to tally calories in processes foods, it's much harder to count home cooked meals.
  • Options
    Feeling a bit tired ( I had a bad nights sleep) but my foods today where heavenly. Scrambled eggs with asparagus, mushrooms and some sausage. A big ass superfood salad with beets cut up veggies and turkey. Tonight I have sweet potato with ghee and cinnamon and a nice loin lamb chop and some kale chips :-)
  • Options
    Sprunk,good stuff.Only way to really tell what is good for YOU.A food diary is great help.Are you using something like that?

I did that a while back and realized Almonds and Peas,both of which i was eating alot of caused me discomfort and stomach bloat.
  • Options
    Yes, I am logging. I know dairy causes me bloat. Not a full on lactose intolerance but I need to be careful of how much I eat!
  • Options
    If anyone needs any motivation to work out, my 10 month old son just did 30 squats in a row with Papa! I couldn't believe it!
    Made Papa feel like a slouch lol I should be able to do more than double him and I don't know if I can lol
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,258
    rgambs said:

If anyone needs any motivation to work out, my 10 month old son just did 30 squats in a row with Papa! I couldn't believe it!
    Made Papa feel like a slouch lol I should be able to do more than double him and I don't know if I can lol

Tell us about babydancing, rgambs.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    I'm going to do it! I'm going to run without music! Here, I go.

Here I go. I'm almost ready to get off the couch. I can't wait to see what its like without music. Oh, boy, here I go! A donut would be great.

Imagine going to a donut shop and you can smell your favorite coffee and a bazillion of your favorite donuts.

Ok, time to run.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

rgambs said:

Tell us about babydancing, rgambs.
    Baby Simon weighs 20 lbs, and he loves music. I put on some PJ or Ben Harper, maybe some Railroad Earth, and I pick up the baby and I dance. That's it! Just dancing with a baby, it is just about the most fun you can have while working out, besides the making of babies lol

He sees us working out and he wants to join so last night he started squating with me and he did 32 in a row. Craziness!

https://m.facebook.com/levi.gambs?ref=bookmarks#!/photo.php?fbid=1978008489091576&id=100006473325896&set=p.1978008489091576&source=48&refid=17&ref=bookmarks&_ft_=top_level_post_id.1978008489091576:tl_objid.1978008489091576:thid.100008328283657:306061129499414:50:0:1456819199:7108175940188810549&__tn__=E
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    It took about 3 hours to get out the door, but I finally ran 2 miles. I stop a lot. I'll put the segments together again.

The first .5 miles was just to get it done. The second .5 miles was a why-not. The next mile I tried my hardest to erase yesterday's boohoo (laid-off) with sweat. Kind of cool how one challenge made me forget another. I guess that's why many people start to run, eh?

Without music I was more attuned to my alignment. I'll try it some more.
    Post edited by Ms. Haiku on
  • Options
    After a boring egg breakfast (kind of, I did have some coffee with coconut milk; it's not too bad!) I kicked things up a bit at lunch with some chicken salad with homemade avocado mayo, pecans and grapes over greens. That was super delish! Tonight is leftovers. 1/2 sweet potato, another lamb chop and a steamed artichoke.
    Meanwhile I made a pot of chili and cut up lots of veggies for snacking and salads.

I can tell my bloating has gone down. I'm drinking a lot of water and iced green tea.
    So happy things are not as hard as I remember :blush:
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 said:

After a boring egg breakfast (kind of, I did have some coffee with coconut milk; it's not too bad!) I kicked things up a bit at lunch with some chicken salad with homemade avocado mayo, pecans and grapes over greens. That was super delish! Tonight is leftovers. 1/2 sweet potato, another lamb chop and a steamed artichoke.
    Meanwhile I made a pot of chili and cut up lots of veggies for snacking and salads.

I can tell my bloating has gone down. I'm drinking a lot of water and iced green tea.
    So happy things are not as hard as I remember :blush:

Sounds awesome, Sprunkn7, especially the avocado mayo.
  • Options
    Weighed in last night at 206. 3 lbs down from last week. I should be happy with that but I want more damnit!
  • Options
    I'm not supposed to be stepping on a scale, I may skip tomorrow but I will def weigh in next week. Love seeing that go down with all this time and energy spent!!

Looks like it's going to warm up a bit. Going to do a nice trek at the beach.