Options

The Gun Thread

Comments

• Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,983
    H&K P7? Is that the one with the squeeze-cocker?
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,870
    dudeman said:

mickeyrat said:

dudeman said:

You can't have a pro gun thread in AMT?

:lol:

Shit, fire away

Nope.
    Not true. What was objected to was using a thread titled "America's Gun Violence" to add enthusiast type postings.

Simple fact a Gun Enthusiast thread hasnt been attempted on AMT to my knowledge. So to say you cant is false.

Imo failing to see the distinction speaks volumes.
    I do see the distinction. This isn't a thread about current events or politics so it is here in AET. (I'm pretty sure I addressed this on the first page of this thread if you care to go back and read it.)

Also, you are certainly free and welcome to contribute to this discussion. It's about guns and shooting sports enthusiasts.

Somehow I get the feeling that you just posted here to start shit. That's alright too. I won't judge you.
    Get whatever feeling you like. Free country and all that. You should also note I have addressed 2 specific things and have made no derogatory remarks about subject or the individuals posting in it.

Its a good thing you started this. By your opening , you would show you agree the side convo wasnt appropriate in that particular thread on AMT. I believe I was respectful over there in voicing my objection of where it was being had not that it was being had.

Have fun. And a good holiday season. All of you posting here.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    dudeman said:

the exact model is EP7.. its variant
    produced only for the Greek Airforce
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

dudeman said:

You can't have a pro gun thread in AMT?

:lol:

Shit, fire away

Nope.
    Not true. What was objected to was using a thread titled "America's Gun Violence" to add enthusiast type postings.

Simple fact a Gun Enthusiast thread hasnt been attempted on AMT to my knowledge. So to say you cant is false.

Imo failing to see the distinction speaks volumes.
    See, this sounds like a way of calling someone an idiot without actually calling someone an idiot.

I understand that people were upset in the AGV thread by the "enthusiast postings" and rather than deal with people bitching about it there, I made a thread here. I figured no one would be too butt hurt if it was on AET.
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499

dudeman said:

So what role do you have with the Greek Air Force?
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    I heard on the news that there has been a crazy run on CHLs and gun sales are skyrocketing again...becoming a Christmas tradition, lol
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    Just recently acquired my first gun. It was my grandfather's old New Haven 12ga shotgun. It's basically a Mossberg 500. Has some cool etchings on the receiver, deer on one side, turkey on the other. Just took it apart and cleaned it up a couple weekends ago but have yet to take it out shooting.

I would like to get my hands on an old WWII German Luger or Japanese Nambu but that's a pipe dream. I just like the style of them. I guess the closest thing would be a Ruger MKIII in style.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

dudeman said:

im an Inspector of Corrosion Control at F-16 Aircraft..im in technical team..i work on the Aircrafts
    but are days and specific shifts,which i do different things and then i carry gun

“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

PJPOWER said:

dudeman said:

im an Inspector of Corrosion Control at F-16 Aircraft..im in technical team..i work on the Aircrafts
    but are days and specific shifts,which i do different things and then i carry gun

Right on, I am a little bit of a aircraft geek, would be badass to be around F-16s all day
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,905
    edited December 2015

PJPOWER said:

dudeman said:

You did promise me a ride in a f-16 when I visit Greece.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

dudeman said:

Right on, I am a little bit of a aircraft geek, would be badass to be around F-16s all day
    its intresting....i worked to alot of types of aircrafts escept F-16
    F4,F-5,MIRAGE F-1 AND MIRAGE 2000 ..and Helicopters as AB-205 and AS 332 Super Puma
    and we do with my crew..the old ones we put at musuem.of airforce like (T-33,T-41) or for air shows
    the painting,design and markings..
    this is what we do

• Options
    Wow! I think you are officially the winner of the thread.

Thanks for sharing those!
  • Options

Just recently acquired my first gun. It was my grandfather's old New Haven 12ga shotgun. It's basically a Mossberg 500. Has some cool etchings on the receiver, deer on one side, turkey on the other. Just took it apart and cleaned it up a couple weekends ago but have yet to take it out shooting.

I would like to get my hands on an old WWII German Luger or Japanese Nambu but that's a pipe dream. I just like the style of them. I guess the closest thing would be a Ruger MKIII in style.

Those Ruger MKIIIs are really good shooters. I'd like to pick one up for sure. Not quite a WWII Luger, but they are easily replaceable and a lot cheaper to buy and shoot.
  • Options

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

dudeman said:

its intresting....i worked to alot of types of aircrafts escept F-16
    F4,F-5,MIRAGE F-1 AND MIRAGE 2000 ..and Helicopters as AB-205 and AS 332 Super Puma
    and we do with my crew..the old ones we put at musuem.of airforce like (T-33,T-41) or for air shows
    the painting,design and markings..
    this is what we do

Very cool!!!
  • Options

PJPOWER said:

dudeman said:

I am in American and a vet. I feel it appropriate to thank all service men and woman around the world who are on the side of good, especially in todays world where evil goes unchecked. Thank you for your service
  • Options
    I guess recent proposed gun legislation has freaked people out here in nj; I saw someone buy 3 ar-15's today at a store. I never saw anything like it, people buying 2 and 3 guns at a time. Shotguns, handguns...anything and everything! All I wanted was a ruger 10/22 to shoot with my kids. I guess I'll go to the national chain store to get it since there was zero lines there today.
  • Options
    Anybody ever do competition shooting? I was REALLY into IDPA for a while. Curious if anyone else had the pleasure?
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

I guess recent proposed gun legislation has freaked people out here in nj; I saw someone buy 3 ar-15's today at a store. I never saw anything like it, people buying 2 and 3 guns at a time. Shotguns, handguns...anything and everything! All I wanted was a ruger 10/22 to shoot with my kids. I guess I'll go to the national chain store to get it since there was zero lines there today.

There was a lot of panic buying down here after Sandy Hook and after just about every other mass shooting. Proposed ban legislation sparks it too.

For a while, we were seeing $700 ARs selling for $2500. Panic and fear are great for the economy it seems.
  • Options

Anybody ever do competition shooting? I was REALLY into IDPA for a while. Curious if anyone else had the pleasure?

I got into reloading with the intention of competitive shooting. Got busy with other things and I haven't pursued it any further.

One day.......
  • Options
    dudeman said:

I got into reloading with the intention of competitive shooting. Got busy with other things and I haven't pursued it any further.

One day.......
    I had a bunch of fun with t. The training and then the competitions were great. We even did a bowling pin shoot. Different pin setups at different distances.

If you can find a good range that offers IDPA do it!!!
  • Options
    I'm pretty well set up for it gear wise. I have the pistol, holster, mag pouches and a very accurate and consistent load worked up.

I just need the time to devote to it.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

What's the cause this time??
  • Options
    dudeman said:

So, it was suggested on AMT to begin a pro-gun thread over here. Well, here it is:

If you have/want guns and you want to talk about it, this thread is for you.

"Glorified G"
    Hold On
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

I m guessing San berdindo.
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    wow where i live guns were unheard of till i was about 5 and they were hidden now they are hot cakes!
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Curious. Brother bought his wife a Ruger 9mm. They are looking at some kind of safe for it. Any recommendations?
    Something with relative ease of access to the weapon in case she needs to get it but secur otherwise , ya know? He's a firefighter in Vegas for the Air Force. Civilian Chief to be exact. Sometimes he has to do a 24 hr shift. They had a "visitor" that she felt hinky about that was the decider for them.

For those who may think I'm bullshitting. Here's my brothers Department at Nellis. Relates to an incident back in Aug.

https://www.facebook.com/AirForceFES/videos/722431581191439/?pnref=story.unseen-section

Video is of a pilot who was involved in a crash during landing goving a speech to the shift that that saved his life. Basically he ran into the back of another jet that shouldn't have been where it stopped . The jet caught fire and was mangled to the point the pilot could not eject or otherwise egress. 110 seconds for extinguishing the fire and pilot extraction. Brother says in his 32 yr career, he knows of only 3 guys saved from a crash and none but this time was fire involved.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

Curious. Brother bought his wife a Ruger 9mm. They are looking at some kind of safe for it. Any recommendations?
    Something with relative ease of access to the weapon in case she needs to get it but secur otherwise , ya know? He's a firefighter in Vegas for the Air Force. Civilian Chief to be exact. Sometimes he has to do a 24 hr shift. They had a "visitor" that she felt hinky about that was the decider for them.

Check out GunVault safes. Finger keypad for easy access and small enough to fit almost anywhere
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

I m guessing San berdindo.
    Typical. Terrorist attack any other country and they bomb the terrorists. They attack here and we want to talk gun control.
  • Options

mickeyrat said:

Check out GunVault safes. Finger keypad for easy access and small enough to fit almost anywhere
    Thanks. How pricey?

• Options
    100-200 depending on their different models