Options

The Gun Thread

Comments

• Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,983
    mcgruff10 said:

I guess recent proposed gun legislation has freaked people out here in nj; I saw someone buy 3 ar-15's today at a store. I never saw anything like it, people buying 2 and 3 guns at a time. Shotguns, handguns...anything and everything! All I wanted was a ruger 10/22 to shoot with my kids. I guess I'll go to the national chain store to get it since there was zero lines there today.

Did you ever get your 10/22?
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Happiness is a warm gun, bang bang shoot shoot.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Shot show currently going on in Vegas. Already have a IWI Tavor but definitely loving the new X95 Tavor. Going to have to start saving up for this one. Anyone else see anything new that caught their eye?
  • Options
    Walther PPS m2 and PPQ Match look pretty sweet. It's a shame that they don't have paddle magazine releases, though.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,905
    dudeman said:

mcgruff10 said:

I guess recent proposed gun legislation has freaked people out here in nj; I saw someone buy 3 ar-15's today at a store. I never saw anything like it, people buying 2 and 3 guns at a time. Shotguns, handguns...anything and everything! All I wanted was a ruger 10/22 to shoot with my kids. I guess I'll go to the national chain store to get it since there was zero lines there today.

Did you ever get your 10/22?
    nah I didn't. I went to an indoor range tonight and fired over 250 rounds out of my 9mm and also shot my .22. My .22 jammed up several times and I was not happy (old remington viper from 1992) When I was done I checked out a few ruger 10/22's...what a gorgeous gun. I definitely have to get one.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    I'm in the market for a 10/22 as well. There are so many variations it's almost overwhelming.

I'm looking for a good .22 target pistol, too. Browning Buckmark and Ruger MK III are at the top of my list.
  • Options
    you can get a stock 10/22 and customize it however you want. like you said, there are so many accessories and variations, might as well make it how you want it
  • Options
    the 10/22 takedown seems a little pricey and excessive...agree or disagree?
  • Options

you can get a stock 10/22 and customize it however you want. like you said, there are so many accessories and variations, might as well make it how you want it

Yeah, the flexibility of the 10/22 makes it great. I just want a bull barrel and capable iron sights......maybe ghost rings. I'll have to see if Ruger has a model like that or if I'll have to buy parts aftermarket.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

the 10/22 takedown seems a little pricey and excessive...agree or disagree?

Pricey for sure. If I was a small game hunter, it might be nice to be able to fit a rifle in a day pack, though.
  • Options
    if you go to slickguns.com and search 10/22 it will give you different sites that have 10/22 for sale. currently deguns.net has a "Ruger 10/22 .22 LR Carbine Coyote Brown Rifle" for $169.99
  • Options
    tax return time = new gun purchase
  • Options
    Do you have anything in mind?
  • Options
    I'm thinking a stick with a nail on the end of it and some rubber bands!

Hey... I'm not the biggest fan of guns- although Scruffy's likely gonna convert me if I ever get to NY and hassle him- however I'm glad this thread exists for enthusiasts. Have fun in it!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    dudeman said:

I have three on the list. First is a DPMS G2 Recon .308 which i will purchase as soon as the tax refund is deposited. second and third are the Canik TP9SF and the Tavor X95. Ive had previous Canik TP9 models and I think they are one of the best values for the dollar out there. I have a Tavor and love it. The new X95 is just and upgraded improved version. Both of these are supposed to be released sometime this year.
  • Options

Hey... I'm not the biggest fan of guns- although Scruffy's likely gonna convert me if I ever get to NY and hassle him- however I'm glad this thread exists for enthusiasts. Have fun in it!

It is nice to share openly with others who share a similar or same opinion. While I dont personally agree with a lot of what the anti gun group says, I do respect their opinion and try to see things with an open mind. I feel that many other fan club members do as well. This just happens to be one of those controversial subjects. A subject that will always have "sides", arguments and examples for their position. In the end, there will always be a "side" or group that will never be satisfied. I take comfort knowing that despite someones views, I, and many many many other gun owners are on the side of good and right. Not to say we are right all the time, but believe in fighting on the good side against the bad in this world.
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    i find it too hot to live in australia and whilst i love our weather it gets too hot and i find myself desiring snow but it seems if i move to these countries im going to need a gun lol..
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    I have a Springfield Armory XDS 9mm. Sweet shooting handgun. Would be an excellent choice for a concealed carry, if I ever decide to go that route.

Also have a bolt action .22 rifle (can't remember manufacturer - think it's Smith and Wesson). That was the rifle my dad learned to shoot with when he was a boy and I got when he passed away. Took it out for the first time in a long time and is still really accurate.
  • Options

dudeman said:

I have three on the list. First is a DPMS G2 Recon .308 which i will purchase as soon as the tax refund is deposited. second and third are the Canik TP9SF and the Tavor X95. Ive had previous Canik TP9 models and I think they are one of the best values for the dollar out there. I have a Tavor and love it. The new X95 is just and upgraded improved version. Both of these are supposed to be released sometime this year.
    I've read reviews of the DPMS. They are supposed to be incredibly accurate, reliable and well made. If I were looking for a 308, that would be at the top of my list.

Isn't the Canik TP9 some kind of version of the Walther P99? (If it's the one I'm thinking of, it has a decocker button recessed into the top of the slide and is a DA/SA striker-fired pistol.) If so, and if it's anything like the Walther P99, it should be awesome. For me, the P99 is as good as it gets in terms of reliability, accuracy, ergonomics and flexibility.

You have solid taste!
  • Options

It is nice to share openly with others who share a similar or same opinion. While I dont personally agree with a lot of what the anti gun group says, I do respect their opinion and try to see things with an open mind. I feel that many other fan club members do as well. This just happens to be one of those controversial subjects. A subject that will always have "sides", arguments and examples for their position. In the end, there will always be a "side" or group that will never be satisfied. I take comfort knowing that despite someones views, I, and many many many other gun owners are on the side of good and right. Not to say we are right all the time, but believe in fighting on the good side against the bad in this world.
    Well said.
  • Options

I have a Springfield Armory XDS 9mm. Sweet shooting handgun. Would be an excellent choice for a concealed carry, if I ever decide to go that route.

Also have a bolt action .22 rifle (can't remember manufacturer - think it's Smith and Wesson). That was the rifle my dad learned to shoot with when he was a boy and I got when he passed away. Took it out for the first time in a long time and is still really accurate.

I have my dad's old bolt action .22, too. They sure knew how to build them back then.
  • Options
    dudeman said:

I have my dad's old bolt action .22, too. They sure knew how to build them back then.
    Yeah I hAve my grandfathers old .22 with a five round mag and the thing never jams! My .22 jammed at the range and I wasn't happy. I need a freaking ruger 10/22!
    Thirty, I ll take you to the range anytime!
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697

Shit,how did I miss this thread.

I also have a Springfield XD 9mm.What a great firearm.It is so accurate.Love to hit the range with it.Fits my palm so much better than the Glock equivalent.

I also have conceal Carry permit here in FL.
    For travel I carry a little Ruger .Tiny and solid but no safety.I never leave a round in.Im afraid I will blow off a testicle.lol

I also have a Taurus 9mm.Solid weapon

I only have 2 long guns. A Remington 12 gauge for home protection and a client who owed me a couple grand,settled up with a Bad ass colt AR-15,with case, a great scope(can't recall brand),3 full mags ,and a box of ammo.I have never fired it.It stays stored.Not sure if I will keep it.
  • Options
    You need to go to the range and fire that ar-15!!!!!! That rifle is bad ass! 30 rd mags?
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Yes sir.I believe so.
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

Shit,how did I miss this thread.

I also have a Springfield XD 9mm.What a great firearm.It is so accurate.Love to hit the range with it.Fits my palm so much better than the Glock equivalent.

I also have conceal Carry permit here in FL.
    For travel I carry a little Ruger .Tiny and solid but no safety.I never leave a round in.Im afraid I will blow off a testicle.lol

I also have a Taurus 9mm.Solid weapon

I only have 2 long guns. A Remington 12 gauge for home protection and a client who owed me a couple grand,settled up with a Bad ass colt AR-15,with case, a great scope(can't recall brand),3 full mags ,and a box of ammo.I have never fired it.It stays stored.Not sure if I will keep it.
    Is there a difference in the XD vs XDS?

I enjoy owning and shooting mine, but when it comes to the specs of all of them, I really couldn't tell you.

Been a while since I've been on the range though, need to find some time to get some practice in.
  • Options
    Mine is an Xds.
    Also my Remington is my old shotgun.I forgot I upgraded to Mossberg last year.I pulled the spring for max shell capacity
  • Options
    Interesting. Thanks for posting that video.
  • Options
    the xds reminds me of a glock for some reason.