Options

Paris Attacks

Comments

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Nanou said:

The problem was/is that the owner of the Bataclan was giving his club to organise gala events to raise funds for the Israeli borders police. This group came to inform that they wouldn't tolerate this anymore. Also, they said that this Mygdal organisation was constantly insulting Palestinians, Muslims and Arabs, without giving any further details. They needed to hide their faces...
    It is not enough to link the attacks to the BDS directly (although the S stands for sanctions), but we cannot say the Bataclan was randomly chosen.

There was no violence at that protest. Violent words? Maybe. I didn't say that the Bataclan was randomly chosen. It looks to me that they were very well planned in their attacks, so not random at all. But they also attacked, or tried to attack the soccer stadium, and a restaurant. What do they all have in common? They are soft targets with a lot of civilians. That's all we know right now. So unless we see some sort of manifesto or some other evidence clearly indicating these attacks were made in part because of the BDS movement....we have no idea.
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2015
    dignin said:

Nanou said:

The problem was/is that the owner of the Bataclan was giving his club to organise gala events to raise funds for the Israeli borders police. This group came to inform that they wouldn't tolerate this anymore. Also, they said that this Mygdal organisation was constantly insulting Palestinians, Muslims and Arabs, without giving any further details. They needed to hide their faces...
    It is not enough to link the attacks to the BDS directly (although the S stands for sanctions), but we cannot say the Bataclan was randomly chosen.

That's all we know right now. So unless we see some sort of manifesto or some other evidence clearly indicating these attacks were made in part because of the BDS movement....we have no idea.
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options

I wonder what would happen here if 5 guys covered their faces with ski masks and approached a bouncer in a club to deliver a "message"?

The bouncer would start laughing and he'd say, " I can still see your eyes ya know."

Then those 5 guys would kinda look at each other and walk away to huddle. They'd eventually settle on a plan to take all their twoonies to the used sporting goods store and buy ski goggles.

Recharged... they'd approach again... this time in full awesomeness.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    dignin said:

Nanou said:

There was no violence at that protest. Violent words? Maybe. I didn't say that the Bataclan was randomly chosen. It looks to me that they were very well planned in their attacks, so not random at all. But they also attacked, or tried to attack the soccer stadium, and a restaurant. What do they all have in common? They are soft targets with a lot of civilians. That's all we know right now. So unless we see some sort of manifesto or some other evidence clearly indicating these attacks were made in part because of the BDS movement....we have no idea.
    Willful ignorance.
  • Options
    NanouNanou Posts: 191
    dignin said:

Nanou said:

It wasn't a protest, they came to "talk" to the administration of the club.
    I didn't say they were violent.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,532
    dignin said:
    The author is making some assumptions for sure. He could be right, or he could be wrong. There are plenty of articles talking about the refugees coming to Europe is exactly what ISIS wants as it allows terrorists to easily enter and expands their territory.

To me it makes more sense to send 100,000 troops to the Middle East rather than take in 10 million refugees and have to have 100,000 more troops in Europe to defend against the terrorists that came as part of the 10 million.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388

dignin said:
    The author is making some assumptions for sure. He could be right, or he could be wrong. There are plenty of articles talking about the refugees coming to Europe is exactly what ISIS wants as it allows terrorists to easily enter and expands their territory.

To me it makes more sense to send 100,000 troops to the Middle East rather than take in 10 million refugees and have to have 100,000 more troops in Europe to defend against the terrorists that came as part of the 10 million.
    Agree of it's Arab states troops.

We should be pressuring rich surrounding nations to act, strongly.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    BS44325 said:

dignin said:

Nanou said:

Willful ignorance.
    Willful ignorance or due diligence?

I get it, you don't like the BDS.

I also get that you are a one trick pony. Come back to me with actual evidence.

dignin said:

I don't know what the right answer is. But history tells me that sending in troops almost never works in that region. I don't think we can fix the problems there through the barrel of a gun.

The mess there now is the direct result of the west sending in troops en masse.
  • Options
    dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

Nanou said:

Willful ignorance.

dignin said:

I don't know what the right answer is. But history tells me that sending in troops almost never works in that region. I don't think we can fix the problems there through the barrel of a gun.

BDS makes common cause with awful people and when those awful people pop off the movement wipes their hands of all culpability. Sorry sir but there's blood on dem hands.
  • Options
    callen said:

dignin said:

Agree of it's Arab states troops.

We should be pressuring rich surrounding nations to act, strongly.
    Definitely.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

Nanou said:

Willful ignorance.

dignin said:

I don't know the right answer either. It sucks to send troops to the Middle East and put their lives at risk and have their families deal with it as well. I think the troops will need to stay for at least a generation (50-60 years). We need young people to grow up in a somewhat safe/stable place where they can get education. But some will view this as an occupation and the young people will become radicalized. I don't know!

The USA gets a lot of blame and deserves some of it, but a lot of the blame should be with Russia for actively propping up Assad and Iran and putting no pressure on these regimes. China could do a lot more too. These evil regimes are not going to dissappear on their own, and if you don't want war, then we need a global community that is in agreement on putting pressure on these regimes with whatever sanctions are appropriate or the fact that they all agree to put military action on the table if necessary. Right now it is like two parents who are disagreeing how to raise their kids and the kids are running wild knowing that they won't get punished.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    Here's another peaceful protest outside Bataclan...

https://youtu.be/YY7Yv_qKXhA

It was only a matter of time for these words to generate violence
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,706
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,853
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Does anyone else think it's plausible that this attack was in retaliation of the hit on the jipitty john guy?
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682

Does anyone else think it's plausible that this attack was in retaliation of the hit on the jipitty john guy?

No, it's widely accepted that these attacks would have taken months to plan
  • Options
    edited December 2015

• Options

Accepted yes.
    But perhaps just waiting for the perfect reason to execute the plan.
    Unlikely, they would have planned to target the France v Germany match, an event at which they could be certain Hollande would be present, so the date would have been set long ago
  • Options
    edited December 2015

Accepted yes.
    But perhaps just waiting for the perfect reason to execute the plan.
    Unlikely, they would have planned to target the France v Germany match, an event at which they could be certain Hollande would be present, so the date would have been set long ago
  • Options
    To be honest, it hardly matters, the attacks were planned and were going to happen. They were not dependent on one incident
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,286
    France bombing Isis hot spots
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,706
    BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

Nanou said:

Willful ignorance.

dignin said:

BDS makes common cause with awful people and when those awful people pop off the movement wipes their hands of all culpability. Sorry sir but there's blood on dem hands.
    Or something else entirely. .....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/we-are-everything-they-hate-mourners-gather-at-paris-attack-sites/2015/11/15/c09acbbe-8b39-11e5-bd91-d385b244482f_story.html?tid=sm_fb
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Was there any security outside the venue?
    If there was there is no reporting of them being overtaken.
    How did they get inside?
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013

Well that didn't take long….Get sum France!!!! Obummer better get out of the way and let the big boys assist France with this situation.
  • Options
    muskydan said:

Well that didn't take long….Get sum France!!!! Obummer better get out of the way and let the big boys assist France with this situation.
    While heads are bowed mourning the shit gets done.
    Over and over.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,524
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    From the article.
    A world in which a bomb goes off at a funeral in Baghdad, and not one person’s status update says ‘Baghdad’ because not one white person died in that fire

Fuck off you stupid author.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    edited November 2015
    You might want to put a trigger warning in there Dave.
    Post edited by Kat on
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435