Options

Paris Attacks

Comments

• Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    HOLY CRAP!!!! Illinois just joined the ever growing number of states that are saying we don't want any Refugees place
    rgambs said:

The Facebook reaction to this tragedy has been predictably classless, wholly uninformed, unintelligent, cowardly, and just plain stupid in most cases.
    I'm starting to think Trump has a chance in this Idiocracy we live in.

You must have taken off your They Live Glasses for a minute to see the REAL world we are living in now and not fantasy Island many people seem to live on. I hope Tatoo is doing well....
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,838
    muskydan said:

HOLY CRAP!!!! Illinois just joined the ever growing number of states that are saying we don't want any Refugees place

rgambs said:

The Facebook reaction to this tragedy has been predictably classless, wholly uninformed, unintelligent, cowardly, and just plain stupid in most cases.

You must have taken off your They Live Glasses for a minute to see the REAL world we are living in now and not fantasy Island many people seem to live on. I hope Tatoo is doing well....
    These governors know they won't be able to legally stop it. They are just pandering to the small minded with elections on the horizon.

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    edited November 2015
    eddiec said:

muskydan said:

rgambs said:

These governors know they won't be able to legally stop it. They are just pandering to the small minded with elections on the horizon.

Tell that to the family and friends of those who died in Paris at the hands of someone who slipped back into France on the migrant trail. Call them "small minded" if they don't want to allow more refugees in. A Reuters poll indicated that 52% of Americans believe countries are less with refugees entering. There are real concerns here so don't belittle people who you disagree with when their concerns are at the least reasonable if not valid.

It is insane that someone sneaking in the country as a refugee murders innocent people and it is not appropriate to think that maybe we should re-look at the refugee policies.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    edited November 2015

eddiec said:

muskydan said:

rgambs said:

Tell that to the family and friends of those who died in Paris at the hands of someone who slipped back into France on the migrant trail. Call them "small minded" if they don't want to allow more refugees in. A Reuters poll indicated that 52% of Americans believe countries are less with refugees entering. There are real concerns here so don't belittle people who you disagree with when their concerns are at the least reasonable if not valid.

It is insane that someone sneaking in the country as a refugee murders innocent people and it is not appropriate to think that maybe we should re-look at the refugee policies.
    The policies or the screening process?
    Edit: You also have to realise the situation in Europe is much different than in the US. With open borders it creates a whole different scenario.

Post edited by eddiec on
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

rgambs said:
    Yeah, that passport was a fake

http://www.wsj.com/articles/paris-stadium-attacker-entered-europe-via-greece-1447698583

That is why maybe we should figure out who these people were before we jump to conclusions and lay blame......on that note, I'm still waiting for the evidence of the BDS movement's involvement.

As far as BDS...They finger the target while those committed to violence takes those targets down.

Please keep defending them and the murder they incite.
    Bold accusations to make with absolutely no evidence.
    Bataclan owned by jewish brothers and protested against and intimidated by BDS for years. Band who just played Israel. Complete coincedence.
    and the stadium bombings attempted were jsut to throw us off the trail. got it.
    ISIS knows how to walk and chew gum at the same time. The Hebdo murderers also attacked a kosher market. They can attack multiple of targets for a variety of reasons. Watching you proud BDS people trying to deny the perpetrators of violence within your community is absolutely breathtaking.
    Who exactly are you speaking to when saying 'you proud BDS people'?

To be honest I have no idea what you're on about as I have no knowledge of any links between the BDS movement and Islamic terrorists.

You, however, seem to be quite fixated on them, which is interesting
    I am not one who thinks criticism of Israel is anti-semetic but I do believe BDS is infected by anti-semitism. What that means is within the movement there is a hate that festers. Incitement exists within this movement and the peaceful BDS dare not counter it. Throughout history anti-semitism that is not countered is eventually acted upon. The BDS cannot, will not and dare not tame the anti-semetic component of it's group and is therefore culpable.
    I agree with this 100%
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,872

eddiec said:

muskydan said:

rgambs said:

Hmm, being reported(take that as you wish) that all were European.

That one of the bombers was a former bartender at a brussels area bar run by his brother which was shut down over the summer over allegations of drug dealing and active use on the premises.

That France has seen the greatest number of people leaving to join .

Consider the freedom of movement european citizens enjoy as part of the EU. That such unchecked movement makes for prime ground to operate in.

That this is about political ideology with elements of iterpretations of religious text. The politics of it are from long standing disagreement of foriegn policies of western nations and russia.

To deny our role and that of nations in the area is to ensure there will be more of this. The unmitigated arrogance of these world powers AND their citizens will no doubt perpetuate conflicts and strife with the people just trying to live their lives bearing the brunt of the consequences.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

eddiec said:

muskydan said:

rgambs said:

That one of the bombers was a former bartender at a brussels area bar run by his brother which was shut down over the summer over allegations of drug dealing and active use on the premises.

Consider the freedom of movement european citizens enjoy as part of the EU. That such unchecked movement makes for prime ground to operate in.

That this is about political ideology with elements of iterpretations of religious text. The politics of it are from long standing disagreement of foriegn policies of western nations and russia.

To deny our role and that of nations in the area is to ensure there will be more of this. The unmitigated arrogance of these world powers AND their citizens will no doubt perpetuate conflicts and strife with the people just trying to live their lives bearing the brunt of the consequences.
    One of the individuals (based on fingerprints) came through Greece as part of a wave of Refugees. They proved it based on fingerprints (passport was fake but not the travel through Greece).

We need to know more about these nationals? Were they sons of immigrants? Did they have trouble assimilating that caused them to radicalize? Is bringing in 5 million immigrants just going to create more issues for Europe on their soil if assimilation doesn't work?

My point at the beginning of this thread before we even knew one of the bombers snuck in through the migrant trail was what is going to happen if (a) there are terrorists sneaking in and (b) if these refugees do not want to assimilate or the next generation is disenfranchised. We have already seen riots in France and Sweden in the past. It is not just about terrorism but also about country unity and being able to assimilate 5 million immigrants. With that, then is it better to spend our resources battling in Syria rather than in the homeland?
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    muskydan said:

rgambs said:

Yeah, I know which REAL world you live in, the one where more than 30% of the population can't correctly answer questions at a 5th grade level.
    And they are proud of it, like when you reject facts, statistics, and truth to go with your gut.

http://www.alternet.org/story/90161/ignorant_america:_just_how_stupid_are_we
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    BS44325 said:

dignin said:

rgambs said:
    Yeah, that passport was a fake

http://www.wsj.com/articles/paris-stadium-attacker-entered-europe-via-greece-1447698583

That is why maybe we should figure out who these people were before we jump to conclusions and lay blame......on that note, I'm still waiting for the evidence of the BDS movement's involvement.
    The passport was a fake but the fingerprints are real. This means the terrorist passed through greece on a fake syrian passport. This shows that if the authorities can't spot a fake passport they can't verify who is an actual refugee. How can you admit refugees when the verification system clearly does not work?

As far as BDS...They finger the target while those committed to violence takes those targets down.

Please keep defending them and the murder they incite.
    Ya BDS incites murder. Ok. You are shameless.
    Meanwhile the Israeli education minister brags about killing Palestinians....the justice minister openly calls for Palestinian genocide. you reach and speculate and draw imaginary lines to demonize peaceful protest and resistance by Palestinians, yet don't seem to cast any blame on people like Bennett and shaked, and their ever growing support among Israelis.
    Fine by me, I enjoy knowing that BDS makes you nervous enough to go to these extremist lengths.
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    eddiec said:

eddiec said:

muskydan said:

rgambs said:

The policies or the screening process?
    Edit: You also have to realise the situation in Europe is much different than in the US. With open borders it creates a whole different scenario.
    I used to work for an agency that worked with refugees, although that was not a part of my job. But I learned a lot from the staff who did. The situation in this country is not at all like what Europe is facing. It's very difficult to enter the U.S. under refugee status. Screening can take up to 2 years before admittance. Single men are not allowed to enter as refugees.

I would worry far more about home grown terrorists than people trying to escape horrific conditions. Those have been most of the perpetrators in Europe.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    edited November 2015

mickeyrat said:

eddiec said:

muskydan said:

rgambs said:

One of the individuals (based on fingerprints) came through Greece as part of a wave of Refugees. They proved it based on fingerprints (passport was fake but not the travel through Greece).

We need to know more about these nationals? Were they sons of immigrants? Did they have trouble assimilating that caused them to radicalize? Is bringing in 5 million immigrants just going to create more issues for Europe on their soil if assimilation doesn't work?

My point at the beginning of this thread before we even knew one of the bombers snuck in through the migrant trail was what is going to happen if (a) there are terrorists sneaking in and (b) if these refugees do not want to assimilate or the next generation is disenfranchised. We have already seen riots in France and Sweden in the past. It is not just about terrorism but also about country unity and being able to assimilate 5 million immigrants. With that, then is it better to spend our resources battling in Syria rather than in the homeland?
    There is the possibility that the finger print terrorist was a European fighting in Syria and used the fake passport to get back into Europe. That's all speculation by me. I know that doesn't address the failure of screening for him to get back in, but I'm not willing to condemn hundreds of thousands of people because of a mistake. Mistakes will always happen. I'm willing to take that risk, you probably are not....that is where we disagree.

These are all fair questions you have asked. Most if not all have been addressed in the discussion on the refugee threads. It really is too bad the first thread was closed.
    Post edited by dignin on
  • Options

mickeyrat said:

eddiec said:

muskydan said:

rgambs said:

So as far as US taking them in, lets research the process for gaining refugee status thats in place. Because all this talk thus far suggests they just get on a plane or boat and just show as happened so long ago with italians influx, the irish, and most recently the cubans in the sixties and the 80s.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

eddiec said:

muskydan said:

rgambs said:

So as far as US taking them in, lets research the process for gaining refugee status thats in place. Because all this talk thus far suggests they just get on a plane or boat and just show as happened so long ago with italians influx, the irish, and most recently the cubans in the sixties and the 80s.
    Heres a start....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refugee_Act

And here....

http://m.state.gov/mc48360.htm
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    From what I understood the US is taking in less than 10k refugees most of them have been in camps for months most of them are women & children most of them have been thru a stringent screening process it's not the same as what's happening over in Europe wher they are landing at their shores .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

From what I understood the US is taking in less than 10k refugees most of them have been in camps for months most of them are women & children most of them have been thru a stringent screening process it's not the same as what's happening over in Europe wher they are landing at their shores .....

Exactly, they aren't arriving in a boat to the US seeking asylum. The situation is completely different. It is the most stringent screening process the US has ever had. In an article I just read:
    'If at one time they sold Falafel to a Jihadist they aren't getting in.'

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    The level of idiocy on this subject is unreal. People act like the ISIS army itself is disguised as refugees.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    ...is is has been contained....no need for refugee/reinforcements...head on back...
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    Tell your friends tell your fiends the refugees are coming the refugees are coming , shut your doors hide your women& children load up on ammo they are coming fully loaded #%^*¥£€+
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    The level of hysteria being stirred up for personal gain is shameful...more than shameful. I can't call names though. Keeping a calm head when things around us are so bad is one of the best things we can do.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    I am curious to know how many are already in process, for how long and when any would have been approved.

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986

...is is has been contained....no need for refugee/reinforcements...head on back...

They have been contained. The right wing media might like to use that little soundbite but it's an absolute fact. The terrorist attacks are acts of desperation not strength. 911 was not an act of a strong terrorist group was it? Lots of nasty things are possible when people are willing to strap bombs to themselves.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    edited November 2015
    Germany - Netherlands game cancelled after police chief says an explosive device intended for detonation was found in the stadium

businessinsider.com/germany-netherlands-game-stadium-being-evacuated-2015-11
    Post edited by Jason P on
  • Options
    Kat said:

The level of hysteria being stirred up for personal gain is shameful...more than shameful. I can't call names though. Keeping a calm head when things around us are so bad is one of the best things we can do.

Not sure where you live but it's not bad here. Thinking it's bad EVERYWHERE is hysteria...
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    That would definitely be hysteria...kind of like thinking ALL refugees are ISIS...and some people are acting like they are. I'm having trouble containing my anger about the reaction to this tragic event by some of our so-called leaders and those who aspire to lead us. It's embarrassing, to say the least. Let me put it this way. I ain't afraid of no ghosts...and I'm certainly not afraid of refugees. Some people need a backbone. We're America and we can handle this situation without fear-mongering. I see great strength in the French as they handle this. Solidarity.

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Kat said:

But re-evaulating open borders in Europe and refugee screening after these events is being level-headed. It is a reasonable action. You may be referring to people benefiting from defense companies.
  • Options
    edited November 2015

The level of idiocy on this subject is unreal. People act like the ISIS army itself is disguised as refugees.

So we are idiots because we want to suspend the mass migration of refugees? You can't have any respect for other opinions? It think it would be idiotic not to re-evaulate. Why is France such a hotbed for terrorism? It is because they have a large Muslim population that never assimilated. So adding 5 million Muslims should give some pause (i.e., can we support them, can they assimilate, will this create two societies in the future and create dischord in the country, etc...). Notice nowhere did I say Muslims are bad people, but when Mexicans move to the US and get disgruntled the worst that happens is they join a gang or rob a store and not try to blow up a soccer stadium.

You already have evidence that assimilation is not working in some countries. But hey, most liberal leaders in Europe must be idiots because they are all re-evaluating, tightening borders, building fences, etc...

Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    Kat said:

That would definitely be hysteria...kind of like thinking ALL refugees are ISIS...and some people are acting like they are. I'm having trouble containing my anger about the reaction to this tragic event by some of our so-called leaders and those who aspire to lead us. It's embarrassing, to say the least. Let me put it this way. I ain't afraid of no ghosts...and I'm certainly not afraid of refugees. Some people need a backbone. We're America and we can handle this situation without fear-mongering. I see great strength in the French as they handle this. Solidarity.

Everybody should read Cliffy's article that he posted. Getting into the United States as a refugee is the most difficult, toughest route you can take to get into the country. You would have a better chance getting into Mexico and paying a mule to get you across.

• Options

• Options
    Jason P said:

Germany - Netherlands game cancelled after police chief says an explosive device intended for detonation was found in the stadium

businessinsider.com/germany-netherlands-game-stadium-being-evacuated-2015-11

Did this just go over everybody's head?

This is kind of serious. Dontcha think?
    "My brain's a good brain!"