Options

Paris Attacks

Comments

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,211
    dignin said:

Did anyone hear the idiot yell out, "ISIS sucks!" during the moment of silence in the Seahawks/Cardinals pregame?

Good one, Champ! Of all the profound moments after that horrible event... yours is the one thta has galvanized everyone. Nobody had ever thought about this before: ISIS sucks. Yah yah... you know what... they do.

Just can't shut up, eh? Just need to be noticed, eh? Just a freakin' moron.

Gawd stupid people piss me off. Guy needs a Chadwick slap.

Or this one.

http://fusion.net/story/233410/aaron-rodgers-prejudcial-language/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=fusion&utm_content=link

Nice response by Rodgers.
    fan at New York Rangers game yelled 'go rangers' during moment of silence. you would think of all the cities in America that people would show respect for victims for a terrorist attack would be New York. Now supposedly fans in guys section at MSG asked said fan to be tossed out. Just sad to see that some people just can't help themselves.

great response by Rodgers in post game presser. good for him
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2015
    rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:
    From the article.
    A world in which a bomb goes off at a funeral in Baghdad, and not one person’s status update says ‘Baghdad’ because not one white person died in that fire

Fuck off you stupid author.
    Care to provide an alternate explanation?

Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    rgambs said:
    Yeah, that passport was a fake

http://www.wsj.com/articles/paris-stadium-attacker-entered-europe-via-greece-1447698583

That is why maybe we should figure out who these people were before we jump to conclusions and lay blame......on that note, I'm still waiting for the evidence of the BDS movement's involvement.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    dignin said:

rgambs said:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/paris-stadium-attacker-entered-europe-via-greece-1447698583

That is why maybe we should figure out who these people were before we jump to conclusions and lay blame......on that note, I'm still waiting for the evidence of the BDS movement's involvement.
    It's just common sense, evidence isn't necessary. This according to the poster that doesn't think the Iraq invasion had anything to do with Cheney's Halliburton.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    PP193448 said:

eddiec said:

mickeyrat said:

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:
    From the article.
    A world in which a bomb goes off at a funeral in Baghdad, and not one person’s status update says ‘Baghdad’ because not one white person died in that fire

Its very transparent. Innocents in some parts of the world dont deserve compassion , empathy or sense of moral outrage because they are less than human. They should have had the foresight to be born in the west.
    That is ridiculous. Unfortunately in Iraq, Lebanon, and parts of Africa we've grown accustomed to hearing about bombings and attacks, and it just doesn't strike as big a chord. If there were ten bombings in France this year the 10th bombing would not get the press of the first bombing.

Do you honestly think that the USA wouldn't help if they thought there was a clear solution other than just moving an entire country into our borders through immigration? The USA is the only country with a will to fight at this point.
    In Iraq, Lebanon and Africa we haven't grown accustomed to it. Let's just be honest. They are not white westerners so the majority of people don't care. When it's Muslim on Muslim people don't care. Assad has gassed babies and women. Thousands of them. Where was the outrage from the western world then?
    It's all bullshit. You don't get it??? Why are there not riots in the US when Black people kill other black people even in self defense, but as soon as a white person kills a black person it's racism and time to riot. If white people were killing white people, do you think Muslim people would be outraged. Hell, no. It would be praised and glorified on TV throughout the Middle East...
    Let me take a wild guess that your a trump supporter.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    News is driven by viewers (add revenue) who are driven by interest/fear. A trump story on SNL or coked up NBA guy at bunny house gets more clicks than dead brown people.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    callen said:

News is driven by viewers (add revenue) who are driven by interest/fear. A trump story on SNL or coked up NBA guy at bunny house gets more clicks than dead brown people.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    This was interesting

http://www.vox.com/2015/11/16/9744640/paris-beirut-media

Did the media ignore the Beirut bombings? Or did readers?

It would be easy to blame the media for this, to say that if only media outlets covered Beirut rather than ignoring it, the world might pay attention. I have bad news: The media does cover Beirut, just as it has been covering Lebanon's refugee plight for years. That's an uncomfortable truth, because rather than giving us an easy villain, it forces us to ask what our own role might be in the world's disproportionate care and concern for one country over another.
    Post edited by dignin on
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    callen said:

PP193448 said:

eddiec said:

mickeyrat said:

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:
    From the article.

Its very transparent. Innocents in some parts of the world dont deserve compassion , empathy or sense of moral outrage because they are less than human. They should have had the foresight to be born in the west.
    That is ridiculous. Unfortunately in Iraq, Lebanon, and parts of Africa we've grown accustomed to hearing about bombings and attacks, and it just doesn't strike as big a chord. If there were ten bombings in France this year the 10th bombing would not get the press of the first bombing.

Do you honestly think that the USA wouldn't help if they thought there was a clear solution other than just moving an entire country into our borders through immigration? The USA is the only country with a will to fight at this point.
    In Iraq, Lebanon and Africa we haven't grown accustomed to it. Let's just be honest. They are not white westerners so the majority of people don't care. When it's Muslim on Muslim people don't care. Assad has gassed babies and women. Thousands of them. Where was the outrage from the western world then?
    It's all bullshit. You don't get it??? Why are there not riots in the US when Black people kill other black people even in self defense, but as soon as a white person kills a black person it's racism and time to riot. If white people were killing white people, do you think Muslim people would be outraged. Hell, no. It would be praised and glorified on TV throughout the Middle East...
    Hell, no. Trumps an idiot... But the older I get the more conservative I become. Also having kids changes things as well.
    But I was a little rude with my post before.
    My point was that in every culture, religion, race, etc there are good people and bad. The bad people are what forces some persons to label stereotypes. No matter what anyone says, these stereotypes may influence their behaviors towards those persons. There are extremists in every culture. They are the radicals that have influence on people that are easily swayed because of social ignorance. The media is driven by sensationalism for improved ratings. All of this just festers animosity towards your fellow human beings. Enough of the bullshit. Muslims killing Muslims is not sensationalized by the media... It's not acceptable to Westerners who give a damn about humanity. :peace:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    dignin said:

rgambs said:

The passport was a fake but the fingerprints are real. This means the terrorist passed through greece on a fake syrian passport. This shows that if the authorities can't spot a fake passport they can't verify who is an actual refugee. How can you admit refugees when the verification system clearly does not work?

As far as BDS...They finger the target while those committed to violence takes those targets down.

Please keep defending them and the murder they incite.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

dignin said:

rgambs said:

It's just common sense, evidence isn't necessary. This according to the poster that doesn't think the Iraq invasion had anything to do with Cheney's Halliburton.
    This is just silly snark. The foreign policy you advocate for is failing miserably. It is time for introspection.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

dignin said:

rgambs said:

As far as BDS...They finger the target while those committed to violence takes those targets down.

Bold accusations to make with absolutely no evidence.
  • Options
    dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

rgambs said:

Bataclan owned by jewish brothers and protested against and intimidated by BDS for years. Band who just played Israel. Complete coincedence.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,867
    BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

rgambs said:

Bataclan owned by jewish brothers and protested against and intimidated by BDS for years. Band who just played Israel. Complete coincedence.
    and the stadium bombings attempted were jsut to throw us off the trail. got it.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

rgambs said:

• Options
    mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

rgambs said:

ISIS knows how to walk and chew gum at the same time. The Hebdo murderers also attacked a kosher market. They can attack multiple of targets for a variety of reasons. Watching you proud BDS people trying to deny the perpetrators of violence within your community is absolutely breathtaking.
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    edited November 2015

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

rgambs said:

jebus!
    If you two were to post things like this on the night of the attacks you would've been crucified on this board.
    Interesting.
    I've just lost the will to engage with those indulging in unfounded speculation. I suppose people are free to believe what they will

Suppose I should edit this now, since it turns out I can't ignore the outlandish comments after all!
    Post edited by jnimhaoileoin on
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

rgambs said:

ISIS knows how to walk and chew gum at the same time. The Hebdo murderers also attacked a kosher market. They can attack multiple of targets for a variety of reasons. Watching you proud BDS people trying to deny the perpetrators of violence within your community is absolutely breathtaking.
    Who exactly are you speaking to when saying 'you proud BDS people'?

To be honest I have no idea what you're on about as I have no knowledge of any links between the BDS movement and Islamic terrorists.

You, however, seem to be quite fixated on them, which is interesting
  • Options
    PP193448 said:

callen said:

PP193448 said:

eddiec said:

mickeyrat said:

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:
    From the article.

Hell, no. Trumps an idiot... But the older I get the more conservative I become. Also having kids changes things as well.
    But I was a little rude with my post before.
    My point was that in every culture, religion, race, etc there are good people and bad. The bad people are what forces some persons to label stereotypes. No matter what anyone says, these stereotypes may influence their behaviors towards those persons. There are extremists in every culture. They are the radicals that have influence on people that are easily swayed because of social ignorance. The media is driven by sensationalism for improved ratings. All of this just festers animosity towards your fellow human beings. Enough of the bullshit. Muslims killing Muslims is not sensationalized by the media... It's not acceptable to Westerners who give a damn about humanity. :peace:
    Appreciate your response.
  • Options
    dignin said:

Did anyone hear the idiot yell out, "ISIS sucks!" during the moment of silence in the Seahawks/Cardinals pregame?

Good one, Champ! Of all the profound moments after that horrible event... yours is the one thta has galvanized everyone. Nobody had ever thought about this before: ISIS sucks. Yah yah... you know what... they do.

Or this one.

http://fusion.net/story/233410/aaron-rodgers-prejudcial-language/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=fusion&utm_content=link

The guy who yelled that out needed a Chadwick slap for different reasons.

Stupid people. I wish the 10C, on the 10th, would offer PJ glasses like the ones in They Live (80s sci fi flick).

If you put the PJ glasses on... the idiots take on a whole new look that can't be seen by the naked eye. You could just put those shades on and see idiots from a mile away.

If we could harness this technology, we could begin featuring idiot sections in stadiums- kind of like family sections or alcohol sections: just localize all the idiots and let them have at it.

Seems far fetched. I know. But think of the possibilities!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Thirty, They Live is part of my cheesy movie loving history. Rowdy Roddy (RIP). It's on the same level for me as Scanners.

Nice dream though, my friend. If only.
  • Options
    edited December 2015

dignin said:

Or this one.

Stupid people. I wish the 10C, on the 10th, would offer PJ glasses like the ones in They Live (80s sci fi flick).

If you put the PJ glasses on... the idiots take on a whole new look that can't be seen by the naked eye. You could just put those shades on and see idiots from a mile away.

If we could harness this technology, we could begin featuring idiot sections in stadiums- kind of like family sections or alcohol sections: just localize all the idiots and let them have at it.

• Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Actually PJfan.I for one am not a BDS fan,for many reasons but in fairness ISIS bombed Beruit last week a Hezballoh stronghold.They are big supporters of BDS.So how could they be attacking BDS supported people and be them at the same time?? Hezballoh are aligned with Assad for the most part,IsIS enemy.
  • Options

dignin said:

Or this one.

The funny thing is that you could buy a pair of drug store reading glasses and they would be only be slightly less accurate at finding the stupid.
  • Options
    The Facebook reaction to this tragedy has been predictably classless, wholly uninformed, unintelligent, cowardly, and just plain stupid in most cases.
    I'm starting to think Trump has a chance in this Idiocracy we live in.
  • Options

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

rgambs said:

Who exactly are you speaking to when saying 'you proud BDS people'?

To be honest I have no idea what you're on about as I have no knowledge of any links between the BDS movement and Islamic terrorists.

You, however, seem to be quite fixated on them, which is interesting
    I am not one who thinks criticism of Israel is anti-semetic but I do believe BDS is infected by anti-semitism. What that means is within the movement there is a hate that festers. Incitement exists within this movement and the peaceful BDS dare not counter it. Throughout history anti-semitism that is not countered is eventually acted upon. The BDS cannot, will not and dare not tame the anti-semetic component of it's group and is therefore culpable.
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

Actually PJfan.I for one am not a BDS fan,for many reasons but in fairness ISIS bombed Beruit last week a Hezballoh stronghold.They are big supporters of BDS.So how could they be attacking BDS supported people and be them at the same time?? Hezballoh are aligned with Assad for the most part,IsIS enemy.

ISIS had multiple enemies as it wants restoration of the Islamic caliphate across the middle east and the world. It can attack Shia as well as Jews. I have been pretty consistent for many months that Islamism is co-opting many many movements including the free palestine movement. Bataclan was targeted for a reason and the BDS needs to recognize the Islamists are finding shelter within their movement and that their retoric is unwittingly spawning these types of attacks.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,867
    BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

rgambs said:

Which brand of tin foil do you prefer?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14