Options

The Aging of Avocado

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    edited August 2020
    5 years since last commenting, I still think it's aged super well (not that it's really all THAT old). I've also noticed that friends who were not familiar with the album all really like it immediately when I play it for them now, so I guess that confirms that it's held up pretty well since it was released.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,261
    14 years is pretty old. That's like saying Ten wasn't that old in 2004!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,141
    I still find it's my favourite of the post Yield albums.   I had finished university, and couldn't find real work.  I ended up working a shitty job in a produce warehouse just to pay bills.   Gone and Life Wasted (while having completely other meanings) remind me of when I decided to move for a real job, and I'd sing the courses of those songs at the top of my lungs :)

Since I moved to Edmonton for a while and we still had Gorge tickets, that ended up being the longest drive I've ever done to see PJ.   Well worth it though.  I don't think the Avacado tour made it to Western Canada.  If I hadn't gone I wouldn't of ever seen shows from that tour.  That would of been sad :(
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    14 years is pretty old. That's like saying Ten wasn't that old in 2004!
    Led Zeppelin III is old. S/T is from the mid-2000s. Stop making me feel old!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata