Options

Canadian Politics Redux

Comments

• Options
    Be careful Canadians... among all the other violent criminals our judicial system treats so tenderly... this guy is out there too. He was released early from his 10 year- 10 years lol- sentence for dismembering his best buddy and trying to dispose of his body parts throughout various dumpsters around town. He was granted statutory release, but this has been revoked and a warrant is out for his arrest (details unclear as to why this is the case);

http://globalnews.ca/news/2901875/warrant-issued-for-calgary-man-convicted-of-gruesome-killing-dismembering-of-best-friend/?sf34269617=1

Cue... "that's only been, like 10 high profile cases in the last month. You act like its, say 100" comments. Our justice system is awesome, man.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    I need to get off Twitter (wish the wife would hustle up with dinner lol).

Our laws do a great job of protecting dogs and their shifty owners too:

http://globalnews.ca/video/2899666/pictures-of-new-westminster-attack-dog-owners/?utm_source=Article&utm_medium=MostPopularVideo&utm_campaign=2016
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Notorious killer Tyshan Riley allowed out of prison to attend father’s visitation

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2016/08/23/notorious-killer-tyshan-riley-allowed-out-of-prison-to-attend-fathers-visitation.html

This should calm you down thirty...one after the other.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    And when you commit these heinous crimes you should lose all priveledges...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    Site C Dam project betrays Trudeau's commitment to First Nations, say critics

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent/the-current-for-august-24-2016-1.3733551/site-c-dam-project-betrays-trudeau-s-commitment-to-first-nations-say-critics-1.3733566

Hmmm...no way. I heard different.

• Options
    Rex Murphy: The environmental crowd knows no compromise

http://news.nationalpost.com/full-comment/rex-murphy-the-environmental-crowd-knows-no-compromise

From the article, some questions I'd like answered...

Where is the real “exalted warrior,” Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, in all this? Well, today he is in China, which must be a welcome intermission from his travails on the hot sands of Tofino Beach, under a constant drizzle of selfies and photo-bombs, in weeks past. Perhaps after his sojourn in the Far East, he might interject his voice into this national debate. Does the prime minister of Canada favour Canadian oil over Middle Eastern crude? Does he think three protesters should shut down the NEB hearings? Does he like the idea of creating jobs for Canadians?

And, more to the point, will he stop playing the grand equivocator? Is he a supporter of the Energy East pipeline, its jobs and the relief it will bring to the economically desperate province of Alberta and unemployed people across the country? Or is he on the side of the fanatic protesters, who, rather than see one drop of Alberta oil find its way into a pipeline, would, if they had the means, bring us back to the days of candles and campfires?

• Options
    lukin2006 said:

http://news.nationalpost.com/full-comment/rex-murphy-the-environmental-crowd-knows-no-compromise

Where is the real “exalted warrior,” Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, in all this? Well, today he is in China, which must be a welcome intermission from his travails on the hot sands of Tofino Beach, under a constant drizzle of selfies and photo-bombs, in weeks past. Perhaps after his sojourn in the Far East, he might interject his voice into this national debate. Does the prime minister of Canada favour Canadian oil over Middle Eastern crude? Does he think three protesters should shut down the NEB hearings? Does he like the idea of creating jobs for Canadians?

And, more to the point, will he stop playing the grand equivocator? Is he a supporter of the Energy East pipeline, its jobs and the relief it will bring to the economically desperate province of Alberta and unemployed people across the country? Or is he on the side of the fanatic protesters, who, rather than see one drop of Alberta oil find its way into a pipeline, would, if they had the means, bring us back to the days of candles and campfires?

I'd be down for fewer social engagements and more business.

I hear what you are saying here, Lukin and I think these questions should be answered. I have a question myself: where are we with regards to moving forward legalizing marijuana? This was a big campaign promise and I don't hear much relevant to it.

I don't ask because I smoke... I ask because we are already overdue. I'm not saying rush things. I just want to know progress is being made towards delivering such a promise.
  • Options

lukin2006 said:

I hear what you are saying here, Lukin and I think these questions should be answered. I have a question myself: where are we with regards to moving forward legalizing marijuana? This was a big campaign promise and I don't hear much relevant to it.

I don't ask because I smoke... I ask because we are already overdue. I'm not saying rush things. I just want to know progress is being made towards delivering such a promise.
    A few less parades and getting to work on some of Canada's problems would be nice, like the problems facing First Nations people's.

Not surprised he gets along with the Chinese so well, after all he admires their communist ways ...

economies don't grow from the heart out ...

And budgets don't appear to balance themselves ...

Imagine that...

Nice hair though...

• Options
    Trudeau sidesteps question about Energy East pipeline controversy

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-sidesteps-question-about-energy-east-pipeline-controversy-1.3747580

sure he does ... he'd rather do business with the middle east is my guess

• Options

lukin2006 said:

The legalization of marijuana legislation is supposed to be introduced in the spring 0f 2017, apparently a committee lead by bill blair (torontos former chief of police) is supposed to be in the process of consultations with the provinces and I assume other individuals and groups that might be involved or affected in some ways...

My take ... if the government had moved to decriminalize marijuana for users then yes I'd be convinced legalization is on its way, at this point with bill blair involved i believe the government will make excuses as to why legalization at this time will not happen, I hope I'm wrong. Now its quasi-legal now. find a dr. who will authorize the use and you'd be good to go, and many dr.'s are coming on board with usage, my own dr would not prescribe 5 years ago, but is totally on board with prescribing especially if it gets people off opiates. And since Trudeau is hardly ever in Canada someone should inform him of the prescribed opiate problem in Canada, and now the Fentanyl crisis that experts are warning about. Yup lets waste time on a perfectly harmless plant like marijuana that should have never been illegal in the first place and ignore 2 major drug issue that are exploding in this country. Pot is much more preferable, no hang overs, achy bones, dehydration ... and any other nastiness that comes from alcohol. I smoke at night for sleep, the only thing other than liquor that really works, I have also seen it improve other conditions, so I'll be a life long user and will promote its benefits ...

And to anyone opposed i sat this, alcohol, tobacco and all kinds of other substance's are legal and causing all kinds health problems, marijuana appears to be free of side effects...and for those who don't like to inhale smoke it can be ingested in far safer manners, i.e. edibles and oils come to mind.

Just my take and I never answered your question the first time...but I hope I'm wrong and legalization comes.

• Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    fuck rex murphy ... that guy has been a shill for big oil for decades ... he did an episode of x-country check up in fort mac where people were calling environmentalists non-human and all he did was incite those people more against enviros ... fuck him ...

• Options
    I say fuck the environmental movement ... all there interested in is taking money out of peoples pocket, there no better than big oil .., conned into these windmills, gee under a heat wave, I wonder how much power they are gwmenerating?

• Options
    And it appears the enviros would rather use foreign oil n gas, smart people.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,762
    lukin2006 said:

I say fuck the environmental movement ... all there interested in is taking money out of peoples pocket, there no better than big oil .., conned into these windmills, gee under a heat wave, I wonder how much power they are gwmenerating?

Wow, that's a really even-keeled, thoughtful attitude, lol. "Fuck the environmental movement".... alrighty then! :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    how do we ignore these days?

• Options
    polaris_x said:

Sheer will power. It's really not fair. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

polaris_x said:

really!?? ... we can't ignore individual posters anymore?
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    polaris_x said:

PJ_Soul said:

polaris_x said:

Nope. :( Ever since they switched to Vanilla forums we are stuck having to read whatever is posted, and to force ourselves to tolerate the posters we would have put on ignore in the old forum. I find it really hard personally. I think pretty much everyone does. The posts are just too tempting, it's next to impossible not to respond sometimes!
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

polaris_x said:

PJ_Soul said:

polaris_x said:

Nope. :( Ever since they switched to Vanilla forums we are stuck having to read whatever is posted, and to force ourselves to tolerate the posters we would have put on ignore in the old forum. I find it really hard personally. I think pretty much everyone does. The posts are just too tempting, it's next to impossible not to respond sometimes!
    thanks ...

will do it on my own ...
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

Wow, that's a really even-keeled, thoughtful attitude, lol. "Fuck the environmental movement".... alrighty then! :lol:
    PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

And those wonderful people in enviro movement shut down important hearings about a very important pipeline..oh yeah and the mayor of Montreal is opposed to energy east, but apparently not opposed to dumping unrelated waste water in the st. Lawrence river...great movenent

• Options
    Maybe you'll find a internet chat forums where everyone agrees ... and then total utopia will break out...happy seeking

• Options
    That St. Lawrence river waste water thing has be grossly misrepresented by people. That was done because it had to be done, and it was done in the most environmentally responsible way possible. People act like it was raw sewage dumped in the river out of convenience, and nothing could be farther from the truth. Do a little research. They handled that necessary work the best way possible. There weren't any other better options.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

That St. Lawrence river waste water thing has be grossly misrepresented by people. That was done because it had to be done, and it was done in the most environmentally responsible way possible. People act like it was raw sewage dumped in the river out of convenience, and nothing could be farther from the truth. Do a little research. They handled that necessary work the best way possible. There weren't any other better options.

It was convenience ... typical politician do as I say not as I do.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    lukin2006 said:

PJ_Soul said:

No it wasn't convenience. Do some research. Some research outside of angry editorials. And I am a big champion of the environment, unlike you, so I'm not about to defend people for acting irresponsibly in this context. I looked into it because I was appalled and discovered the truth. It was handled the best way possible.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

PJ_Soul said:

No it wasn't convenience. Do some research. Some research outside of angry editorials. And I am a big champion of the environment, unlike you, so I'm not about to defend people for acting irresponsibly in this context. I looked into it because I was appalled and discovered the truth. It was handled the best way possible.
    If the movement ever wants me on board with them, then the movement need to act more responsibly. not jumping up down and shutting down important hearings. Anyways we'll just have to agree to disagree. I do love how when I say the enviro movement can fuck it's self, a couple of you get your feathered ruffled...but Rex is not entitled to his opinion without a ... he can go fuck himself, and really your not likely to find many opposed to oil in fort mac...goes without saying I would think. I guess those so opposed to oil could go off the grid and live like 1850, except very few of you are willing to give up your convenience's.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    lukin2006 said:

PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

PJ_Soul said:

If the movement ever wants me on board with them, then the movement need to act more responsibly. not jumping up down and shutting down important hearings. Anyways we'll just have to agree to disagree. I do love how when I say the enviro movement can fuck it's self, a couple of you get your feathered ruffled...but Rex is not entitled to his opinion without a ... he can go fuck himself, and really your not likely to find many opposed to oil in fort mac...goes without saying I would think. I guess those so opposed to oil could go off the grid and live like 1850, except very few of you are willing to give up your convenience's.
    Well, I guess it's that the "movement" and the particular people you are saying are jumping up and down aren't mutually exclusive. Environmental activists aren't always on the same page, and the organized environmental movement, i.e. the one where politicians are advocating for it, certainly can't be grouped in with random protestors. I'm not sure which "movement" you are referring to I guess, and encourage you not to clump everyone who cares about the environment together, as though someone in the NDP or Green Party who is invested in furthering government action on the environment and some 20 year old who protests at some hearing by screaming are in the same boat together. (that said, barring violence or destruction, I don't oppose environmental protests, even if they are on the more extreme side, because I place the environment before money. Period. I do NOT in any way support new pipelines. I will support properly maintaining old pipelines, but definitely not new ones. We should be reducing oil output, not increasing it).
  • Options
    Well good luck with the movement. I guess none of the enviro people are interested in living like 1850...

• Options
    edited September 2016
    lukin2006 said:

Well good luck with the movement. I guess none of the enviro people are interested in living like 1850...

Pardon? I'm not sure what you mean. If you mean the opposite of what you wrote, then no, phasing out our reliance on oil is progress into the future, not moving backwards. New energy sources and technologies are the future man. Not oil. So I see no need to be building vast new infrastructure that is harmful to the environment in and of itself for a resource that is basically the dinosaur of the energy industry, right behind coal.
  • Options
    You got all that from my 2 sentences...where have I ever promoted harming the environment? I simply said fuck enviro people that shut down important hearings. Sorry I'd rather buy my oil n gas from my own country ... not the Middle East, and since I need to get to work and I have no other choice but to drive, then I need oil until theirs an affordable alternative...

• Options
    edited September 2016
    I got it from your 1850 comment with what I assumed was a typo... edit: now I am understanding what you meant, lol. Sorry! I misunderstood the direction you went with that comment! Duh!