Canadian Politics Redux

Comments

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    edited June 2016
    ^^^ I do not have the link but JT apparently confronted the Chinese and more or less told them we expect journalist to ask tough questions. I'll give him credit for this...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    Free Trade with China ... Thoughts

What more can they ship to us?
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• lukin2006 said:

^^^ I do not have the link but JT apparently confronted the Chinese and more or less told them we expect journalist to ask tough questions. I'll give him credit for this...

The question was not answered though and the liberals have not pushed for the answer to such important issues since.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    lukin2006 said:

free trade = more income disparity ... more profits for the rich ...
    Excitement, anxiety greet Ontario's $8.3B climate plan

http://windsorstar.com/news/local-news/excitement-anxiety-greet-ontarios-8-3b-climate-plan

Likely another epic fail by this corrupt government.

In short increased taxes, little improvement to Ontario environment...

polaris_x said:

lukin2006 said:

These fucking politicians don't care. Free Trade is another joke...life apparently is about the rich getting richer off the backs of the working stiff ... And I include all of them.

lukin2006 said:

polaris_x said:

lukin2006 said:

These fucking politicians don't care. Free Trade is another joke...life apparently is about the rich getting richer off the backs of the working stiff ... And I include all of them.
    see the article in the star today about how the rich don't pay their taxes and CRA just let's them off even after they get caught ... brutal ...
    polaris_x said:

lukin2006 said:

polaris_x said:

lukin2006 said:

see the article in the star today about how the rich don't pay their taxes and CRA just let's them off even after they get caught ... brutal ...
    It is so disgusting ... When are we going to wake up as collective country and demand better.

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    Well I am officially pissed off at the new federal liberals for the first time since the election. What they are doing with the doctor assisted suicide legislation is outrageous. And maybe for the first time EVER I am actually happy with the Senate, which has reapplied the LEGAL OBLIGATION for DAS to apply to non-terminal patients. I can't imagine why the Libs are resisting this. Their proposed legislation is way too restrictive, and goes against the Supreme Court decision to boot. I haven't heard a single reasonable justification for this.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

Well I am officially pissed off at the new federal liberals for the first time since the election. What they are doing with the doctor assisted suicide legislation is outrageous. And maybe for the first time EVER I am actually happy with the Senate, which has reapplied the LEGAL OBLIGATION for DAS to apply to non-terminal patients. I can't imagine why the Libs are resisting this. Their proposed legislation is way too restrictive, and goes against the Supreme Court decision to boot. I haven't heard a single reasonable justification for this.

apparently it's the doctor lobby ... not sure what the motivation is here either ...
  • polaris_x said:

PJ_Soul said:

apparently it's the doctor lobby ... not sure what the motivation is here either ...
    Doesn't matter if this upsets a few people.
    The majority of Canada wanted this.

polaris_x said:

PJ_Soul said:

Doesn't matter if this upsets a few people.
    The majority of Canada wanted this.
    ya ... but the bill "discriminates" against a whole whack of people that desperately want this bill ... there is no reason for this ... unless the palliative care lobbyists are afraid jobs will be lost ...
  • ^^^
    I agree %100.
    But this is what liberals do. They piss you off but say that they didn't mean to.
    Time and time again.
    Well these 338 MPs just gave themselves a raise while many Canadians struggle ... Imbeciles. JT will screw up a lot more than the assisted dying bill over the next 4 years...nice hair though...hehehe

^^^
    I agree %100.
    But this is what liberals do. They piss you off but say that they didn't mean to.
    Time and time again.

Never truer words said ... About 13 years of lies and bullshit from Ontario liberals and this dumb province keeps them in power

I think they're doing pretty well overall. But at any rate, I don't think anyone who isn't a complete idiot thinks any government is going to do everything perfectly. Even the best government is generally the best of the worst.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • ^^^
    But the majority really believed their liberal sunny ways would save the country.
    The liberals are doing exactly what they campaigned on and the country voted them in with a landslide.
    edited June 2016

^^^
    But the majority really believed their liberal sunny ways would save the country.
    The liberals are doing exactly what they campaigned on and the country voted them in with a landslide.

:confused: The Liberals are doing very well based on their campaign promises. And I really like that sunny ways philosophy a lot. I think the majority of the country very intelligently believes that a more positive and optimistic way of doing things - a positive outlook - along with way more transparency, is indeed saving the country in some ways. Nothing wrong there IMO.
    The liberals never specified what they'd do with the DAS legislation during the campaign - not this specifically - so your last sentence is moot. They said they'd make sure there would be legislation for DAS. That is exactly what they are doing. The devil is in the details in this one, but I'm not an idiot. I'm not about to write off the government over the details of one issue. This whole DAS thing is getting hammered out. I am not happy that the Libs are trying to make it so restrictive against everyone's advice. I'm pissed about it. But this doesn't warrant simpleton comments like the one you just made.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    Really one issue ... The legalization of pot, another issue their fucking up, oh the deficit 30 billion ... Only 20 billion more than they campaigned on ... Ya sunny days for liberal friends and cronies just like in Ontario ... And as I stated earlier he's pretty cozy with Wynne ... The rest of the country better watch the fuck out.

The only difference between him and his predecessor is he's more personable...or he wouldn't have supported c51...

One issue that bothers ME I meant. The other stuff you are talking about doesn't piss me off at all (and there isn't anywhere near enough info to say that they are fucking up the pot thing - they are simply working on it still).
    lukin2006 said:

The only difference between him and his predecessor is he's more personable...or he wouldn't have supported c51...

I very much disagree. There are so many differences (and I think you actually must know that, objectively). Not a fan of the stance on C51 obviously (which actually isn't the same as Harper's either), but we knew where he stood on that before he was elected.
    ^^^yeah he's fucking the pot legalization up ... Should have been decriminalized immediately ... Now the police, municipalities and users are caught in a sort of grey area .... And people are still being charged ... Because you can't take being a dick outta cops.

edited June 2016
    But doing that was never a campaign promise is all I'm saying. Never once did he say it would be decriminalized before it was legalized. I actually assumed that wouldn't be the case, since it was never said.
    ^^^why leave everybody in limbo? Decriminalize it then work toward legalization, why not give everyone direction ... That's what real leaders do ... Politicians are not leaders or doers ... The leach off society.

Well, I agree it should have been - I just never expected it, since never once did they suggest that would be the case. Just that it is going to be legalized is a massive leap. And honestly I haven't thought about it much because it's already legal for me, being in Vancouver.
    It's legal for anyone with a script ... A real leader would see the chaos and move to correct it quickly ...

And it should never be illegal ... It's not ... Alcohol and tobacco a pose far more health risk than pot and likely many more legal things are more harmful

• I really don't see it becoming legal before his term is over.
    ^^^its defecto legal now. More and more docs are prescribing it ... No problem. I do believe it will be legal before the end of 2017, that I do believe. I just wish he'd at the very least decriminalize it so people's can not end up with criminal records.