Canadian Politics Redux

Comments

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087

^^^
    Nice article.
    NP is more often than not a good read. Andrew Coyne with Chantal Hebert together would make this newspaper great again (no pun intended actually)

I enjoy both in Cbc at issue panel.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    lukin2006 said:

^^^
    Nice article.
    NP is more often than not a good read. Andrew Coyne with Chantal Hebert together would make this newspaper great again (no pun intended actually)

I enjoy both in Cbc at issue panel.
    At issue panel is almost always insightful.
    ^^^agreed
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• ^^^
    I think they could have their own show without Mansbridge and it would thrive.
    Very true ... 1/2 every Thursday ... Send Pete home early those nights

• dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    polaris_x said:
    That's good news. Good on the NDP for fighting for it and good on the Liberals for compromising.
    polaris_x said:
    Wow ... big big surprise, i echo digging sentiment goo on liberals for changing their mind and yes good for the nap fighting for it ... I would have preferred referendum ... but at least this insures no one party decides ... step in the right direction.

• PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited June 2016
    ^^^
    This isn't really a surprise more than a wider deflection from elbowgate.
    Olive branches from a PM are rare.
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    Has nothing to do with "elbowgate".
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_Soul said:

Bullshit.
    I'm sure in the next 4 years JT will piss us all off at some point

Me more than others ... Hehehe

PJ_Soul said:

Bullshit.
    Kay, where is your proof?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited June 2016

^^^
    This isn't really a surprise more than a wider deflection from elbowgate.
    Olive branches from a PM are rare.

I'll take the olive branch ... Still should be a referendum though

• PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Bullshit.
    No proof, just a random observation left to be questioned.

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Bullshit.
    No proof, just a random observation left to be questioned.
    Oh, okay. Well my rebuttal would be that Trudeau knows as well as anyone that there was absolutely no need for further damage control on "elbowgate". No one cares about it, and most Canadians didn't even think he had anything to be sorry for in the first place. He's not about to do damage control when there is no damage.
  • ^^^
    Oh, ok then.
    Elbowgate done.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    it may have been related to elbowgate ... who knows for certain? ...
  • Elbowgate. I'm not sure if that term was invented on this forum if or if it is actually being floated out there? I'm not bothering to look because either way... it's one of the stupidest things I've heard and really does reflect Canada's desire for a scandal when there is none to be had.

If that's the height of our problems- our PM bumping a few idiots who are deliberately and childishly blocking the walkway so the government can't get to business- we're doing swell.

As for the talk of majority government being a poor thing... if the opposition didn't habitually work to sabotage the efforts of the elected and oppose simply to oppose... I'd agree.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Lest they look like freaking idiots.

I'm pretty sure they watched the clip several times and at least one of them said, "Holy Christ. Look how stupid we look. I mean... we look stupid with our dumb grins, our giggity-giggity giggling, and our goofy blockade... but look how stupid we look when we get all fired up over nothing. Holy Christ we look stupid. We need this to go away."
  • Inquiry dropped and the opposition gets a say in electoral reform.
    Fair.

I'm pretty sure they watched the clip several times and at least one of them said, "Holy Christ. Look how stupid we look. I mean... we look stupid with our dumb grins, our giggity-giggity giggling, and our goofy blockade... but look how stupid we look when we get all fired up over nothing. Holy Christ we look stupid. We need this to go away."
    If this is what the liberals said with their inside voice it just goes to show how spiteful they really are.
    Let's put elbow gate behind us ... Because this is Canada, if we keep pushing ... Then the government will set up a committee, then another committee to study the issues, then a public inquiry will be called and before you know it, poof that was a wasted billion dollars.

Michael Petrou: Dion’s silence was embarrassing as China’s foreign affairs minister berated a Canadian reporter

http://news.nationalpost.com/full-comment/michael-petrou-dions-silence-was-embarassing-as-chinas-foreign-affairs-minister-berated-a-canadian-reporter

He almost became PM ... Hehehehe.

If this is what the liberals said with their inside voice it just goes to show how spiteful they really are.
    No
    The G7 didn’t buy Trudeau’s big-deficit growth plan. Neither should we

http://business.financialpost.com/fp-comment/the-g7-didnt-buy-trudeaus-big-deficit-growth-plan-neither-should-we

I don't ... I remain very sketical .... Governments are borrowing and burying us in debt.

edited June 2016

Elbowgate. I'm not sure if that term was invented on this forum if or if it is actually being floated out there? I'm not bothering to look because either way... it's one of the stupidest things I've heard and really does reflect Canada's desire for a scandal when there is none to be had.

If that's the height of our problems- our PM bumping a few idiots who are deliberately and childishly blocking the walkway so the government can't get to business- we're doing swell.

As for the talk of majority government being a poor thing... if the opposition didn't habitually work to sabotage the efforts of the elected and oppose simply to oppose... I'd agree.

It was invented by the media almost immediately. I first saw it the day after the incident on Global news. Yes, it`s stupid.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    lukin2006 said:

Michael Petrou: Dion’s silence was embarrassing as China’s foreign affairs minister berated a Canadian reporter

http://news.nationalpost.com/full-comment/michael-petrou-dions-silence-was-embarassing-as-chinas-foreign-affairs-minister-berated-a-canadian-reporter

He almost became PM ... Hehehehe.

-1 for gov't

weak